TinyMight / TM 2

JammerBR

Welp! Today I became victim of the cross-threaded battery cover, despite using extreme caution during every battery change.

Upon inspection, the threads in the female connection are just about as rigid as tin foil. I tried carefully cleaning up the threads by rotating the cover back and forth. It seemed to work at first, but once the cover was completely removed, it was impossible to put it back in without jamming. Now I've got a cover stuck at half-way threaded, and a TM that's out of commission until a round trip to finland. Not awesome.

The battery cover is a glaring design flaw.

EDIT: What's the most reliable way to file a warranty repair claim? I tried the Return Requests section under account, but that seems to only show historic requests. How to file a new one?? The website is so slow for me it's taking about more than a minute to load each page.
This exact issue happened to me. Two comments: nyogel is a product made for flashlight battery threads. Use it on your TM threads. It makes them turn smooth as butter. Get some on Amazon. Second: TM sent me a new top panel after I emailed TM when it happened to me. Changed it myself. Super easy. The hard part was getting David to get off his butt and actually put it in the Mail.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That shit is expensive. Too bad it isn't available in a smaller size. If anyone sees a real small one anywhere, shout out.

cybrguy,

RxPlorer

The hard part was getting David to get off his butt and actually put it in the Mail.

That seems to be the step I’m at now. He did agree to send out a new top, after first suggesting I just spray some WD-40 down there into this wood-bodied medical device to help break loose the threads that have shed aluminum shavings.

I’ve been sitting back to see if they follow through without more prodding; and hope they do. I hate having to cajole a business for basic follow through.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
PXL-20210122-045346032.jpg

Just got the 18.8 mm female cooling stem with vigreux spikes made by @Vlad the Inhaler aka 508phineas on Instagram from @VGOODIEZ with super fast shipping and some 3mm rubies for further cooling experiments... This is pretty close to the green RBT drydrotube I had in size, but the glass is so much thicker (won't have to worry about it dropping like that one did, though mouthpiece a little less comfortable being wider as a result) Anyway these are very reasonably priced and very much worth considering though they are not a jayhook!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have almost invariably used my TM at home through water. One of these guys might increase the likelihood that I might use it out and about. I just need to decide if that is something I want to do given that I usually use VCs or oil carts for that.
Getting a custom XL8R for my Splinters didn't really lead to my using them mobile even tho it made it possible, but that was still a more awkward combo than a TM with just an RBT shortie and this... Hmmmm...

Shit Snacks

I have almost invariably used my TM at home through water. One of these guys might increase the likelihood that I might use it out and about. I just need to decide if that is something I want to do given that I usually use VCs or oil carts for that.
Getting a custom XL8R for my Splinters didn't really lead to my using them mobile even tho it made it possible, but that was still a more awkward combo than a TM with just an RBT shortie and this... Hmmmm...

While I wouldn't call it stealthy, or small, it is certainly portable like this, but perhaps that would be better with an even shorter tube... I think of this as more of a home piece, but a home piece you can bring somewhere else!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, heat is the problem for me. My lungs can still manage a big hit, but it needs to be cool, and a shorter stem reduces the heat it can extinguish. When at home nothing is in the way of my using a water piece.

I'm gonna hold off on this, at least for now.

Shit Snacks

Yeah, heat is the problem for me. My lungs can still manage a big hit, but it needs to be cool, and a shorter stem reduces the heat it can extinguish. When at home nothing is in the way of my using a water piece.

I'm gonna hold off on this, at least for now.

I have not been using water with anything really, except vapbong these days, I've been favoring the simplicity and flavor dry glass cooling pieces like this or jayooks provide...

mpaulc

Hey everybody! I've had my TM for about 3 months now. Mostly dig it. A couple q's.

1. I have been using it essentially as it came. Just loading straight into tube. I use on-demand mode, and usually manage about 2-3 long hits per bowl on about 8 or 9. I've seen some folks say that using a water pipe just ups the TM to a whole new level. Is that really true? If so, any recommendations?
2. Lately, annoyingly, my screen isn't staying put. It gets pushed in when I try to clean the bowl. I must admit, the screen design is a bit weak. I mean, how long is this thing supposed to last? I suppose I could use the little baskets, but they seem a little finicky (and small?).

Bifty

Hey everybody! I've had my TM for about 3 months now. Mostly dig it. A couple q's.

1. I have been using it essentially as it came. Just loading straight into tube. I use on-demand mode, and usually manage about 2-3 long hits per bowl on about 8 or 9. I've seen some folks say that using a water pipe just ups the TM to a whole new level. Is that really true? If so, any recommendations?
2. Lately, annoyingly, my screen isn't staying put. It gets pushed in when I try to clean the bowl. I must admit, the screen design is a bit weak. I mean, how long is this thing supposed to last? I suppose I could use the little baskets, but they seem a little finicky (and small?).
Ah, you already posted it here I see! Haha

I've had mine getting on for 6 months now I think. Completely replaced all of my other vapes. Temp 8 or 9 is pretty high right off the bat - I start at around 5.5, then go up to 6.5 and finish it off about 7.5 I only ever go above these settings when I use it with a water piece. Then I find it best cranked all the way up to 11 haha. A bubbler gives you a mechanical advantage on your drag and allows you to take much bigger draws. It also makes the vapor a lot more smooth on your throat.

I would advise dumping the original stem and cooler tbh - it's clever and works great at cooling the vapor but the maintenance is a pain. I bought 20x octo taster pipes from dhgate for $20 and they work way better. They have a glass screen but I push a steel screen in on top of it, seems to give me nicer hits and definitely less scooby snacks.

Edit: I use a mobius matrix sidecar and have no complaints but all will function similarly

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Hi @mpaulc welcome to the forum 👍

1. Yes, since recurring my j hook I only use the stock setup when I'm away from home. I'm also a high temp user starting and finishing at 8.5 usually. As for a recommendation, I don't use water any more so any j hook.

2. Do you mean your cooling unit moves? Try a different combination of o rings. You should find done that fit tighter with a bit of trial and error.

Djsleepy

TM CS is ON. today! Ive been doing back and forth with David , very accommodating as I added to my order twice!!! Said no problem. Send very basic emails with just the info , no fluff or explanations; just this happened, I want..... good luck to all trying to reach them!

mpaulc

Hi @mpaulc welcome to the forum 👍

1. Yes, since recurring my j hook I only use the stock setup when I'm away from home. I'm also a high temp user starting and finishing at 8.5 usually. As for a recommendation, I don't use water any more so any j hook.

2. Do you mean your cooling unit moves? Try a different combination of o rings. You should find done that fit tighter with a bit of trial and error.
Thanks Cheesby! I'll def check out the J hook.

And no, my cooling unit hasn't moved. But rather the tiny screen portion of the cooling unit is difficult to keep secure. I've removed and replaced it at least a dozen times of course while cleaning, but it's having a harder and harder time staying put.

Last edited:
mpaulc,

Djsleepy

Thanks Bifty! I'll def check out the J hook.

And no, my cooling unit hasn't moved. But rather the tiny screen portion of the cooling unit is difficult to keep secure. I've removed and replaced it at least a dozen times of course while cleaning, but it's having a harder and harder time staying put.
Get screen in place and don’t remove it again lol ; soak in iso cleans screen without removal. Way easier!

Bifty

I woke up this morning to my doorbell. I go to the door and there is a box on my step. I can't believe it! The tattooed freq is back?!?!?! :o:nod:

I now have 3 TMs.... Maybe I can trade one for a Bowlé? :ninja::razz:

dz0j3fy92rjhbepz.jpg
Did you burn that or paint it? It looks amazing! I was going to try to burn a design into mine but I am the least arty person on earth and I'm scared to ruin it.

mpaulc

Get screen in place and don’t remove it again lol ; soak in iso cleans screen without removal. Way easier!
Ha. Perhaps you're right. But it always seems the screen could use a lil scrubbing to get fully clean. And the screen removal was part of the tutorial I watched about cleaning it. But perhaps I should kick the habit.

mpaulc,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Got give credit to CS, I asked earlier today if they could put the oring that goes in between glass and lid on website for sale.
I got a response in same day!!! And there sending a couple out free!!!! I really hope that the move the company made was the reason for problem/slow responses people received in the past and things are starting to settle down.

funny, i asked for the same thing and pretty much i got the same response.
I got lots of dosing caps instead, at least I think, LOL

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Ha. Perhaps you're right. But it always seems the screen could use a lil scrubbing to get fully clean. And the screen removal was part of the tutorial I watched about cleaning it. But perhaps I should kick the habit.

Honestly, I would replace the screen with a new one and never take it out again until it needs replacement.

I'm pretty sure I saw that video you're talking about - IMO completely not necessary to remove the CU screen for cleaning. Just the O-rings have to come off. I do unscrew the cooling unit though, usually the nuts and washers are all gunked together... just unscrew, remove the o rings, and toss the rest in ISO. I usually do mine for a couple hours minimum and never had an issue with the screen needing a scrub.

I'm thinking with repeated removal you've probably weakened the screen and thats why its giving you issues now. A stiff new screen will help a lot i think. Also, when you expel the vaped flower, are you using a tool or just blowing it out?

ezpz

I've seen some folks say that using a water pipe just ups the TM to a whole new level. Is that really true? If so, any recommendations?
Get the universal WPA from the TM site. Then a whole world of mouthpiece options open up. J hook, drydrotube, spiked stems, whip, whatever you desire.
Just don't blame me for giving you GAS.😂

THeJokEr

OK, so as I said on here couple weeks ago I ordered a TM and money came out of my account. two weeks later money was put back in by TM. A month later money was taken back out this past Saturday. I hope this means I'm getting one. I have not received a email or notification. Anyone know how I can find out. Thanks

THeJokEr,

Shit Snacks

OK, so as I said on here couple weeks ago I ordered a TM and money came out of my account. two weeks later money was put back in by TM. A month later money was taken back out this past Saturday. I hope this means I'm getting one. I have not received a email or notification. Anyone know how I can find out. Thanks

This was typical behavior last year, but that's because the wait time was so long, it would take money out and then put it back, and then the money would be taken out again when it was ready to ship... No worries, sounds like you should get one very soon!

Top Bottom