TinyMight / TM 2

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Sharing some news...

Combusted for the 3rd time on temp "8" and I think I finally understand.

Background: Been using AVB with dab/crumble etc
I have been mixing both of a while now using my TM and the 10/14/18 WPA.
I wasn't sure the first time why it happened, I thought I over packed and it combusted for some reason.
I did it again when I was changing my temp while taking a hit which was stupid...

That was a few weeks ago.
I have been using that without issues since then, until, yesterday where I put a screen inside.

I don't know why it makes a difference but I have had great success without a screen.

I would like to note that after taking a regular (herb) hit, taking the stem out and I can see a bit of vape which could also indicate its running a bit hot? any idea?
To sum it up, I only put a screen to have less mess, but it ended up combusting because of that, or so does it seem...
I can only come to this conculsion after managing to work with dabs without screens.

m0sh,

Tweakz

@m0sh , I can say that I have been combusted about 10-12 times just because I overpacked the material and pressed too hard. I just began to put the dome screen lower and put the load to the edges but not pressing it down. and the result at high temperatures is a very dark abv without combustion

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
@m0sh , I can say that I have been combusted about 10-12 times just because I overpacked the material and pressed too hard. I just began to put the dome screen lower and put the load to the edges but not pressing it down. and the result at high temperatures is a very dark abv without combustion
I guess you are right, its easier to over pack with a screen, thanks to your input. screenless is king tho.

m0sh,
Reactions: Tweakz

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
There hasn't been any public discussion of a version 2 but Tinymight has been making small improvements along the way since release.
so , if i were to buy one TODAY, will i have the latest edition with all of the improvements? That's what i am wondering about at this time. I have the patient to wait for a year MAX.

wm762,

Vaporware

so , if i were to buy one TODAY, will i have the latest edition with all of the improvements? That's what i am wondering about at this time. I have the patient to wait for a year MAX.

I’m pretty sure the delays in shipping are due to a lack of stock; if each one is being built right before it’s sent out, you should always get the latest version if you’re ordering directly from TM.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

In theory the longer you wait the more likelihood you would get the latest and greatest, but there is zero information indicating any such improvements so there's really no reason to wait? I'll probably be buying my second one sometime this year...

Djsleepy

Got give credit to CS, I asked earlier today if they could put the oring that goes in between glass and lid on website for sale.
I got a response in same day!!! And there sending a couple out free!!!! I really hope that the move the company made was the reason for problem/slow responses people received in the past and things are starting to settle down.

Last edited:

AK47 AMI

Hi All, I'm finding that my TM keeps hitting and missing... Some hits are decent others not great! So take a draw and then literally nothing comes out, I cleaned it recently, 3-4 bowls ago... Would it need cleaning out again... If the CU is full of gunk again... Can you use it without the CU? If have to clean it often, it's a bit of a pain! Anybody having this issue?

AK47 AMI,

justcametomind

It's a couple of weeks I asked for RMA (bad contacts, no more capable to extract completely) and they still have to give me an answer (please don't tell me to repair it myself because I know I would make a mess).

Last edited:

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
Got give credit to CS, I asked earlier today if they could put the oring that goes in between glass and lid on website for sale.
I got a response in same day!!! And there sending a couple out free!!!! I really hope that the move the company made was the reason for problem/slow responses people received in the past and things are starting to settle down.
Definitely seems to be getting better, I had a next day reply last week.

Kinick23

How is the mouthpiece compared to the RBT, does it feel like the same? Is one wider, narrower?

phineas is like the shorter, stockier cousin to rbt haha both German glass but phineous feels a bit more solid and is wider/shorter than rbt. Rbt mouthpiece is narrower so you can put lips around like any other standard stem but phineas is too wide for that and the way it feels most comfortable to me is bottom lip on outside and top lip on inside

60-C1-A6-BC-8235-47-B4-8193-66-FBAC192481.jpg

Bazinga

It's a couple of weeks I asked for RMA (bad contacts, no more capable to extract completely) and they still have to give me an answer (please don't tell me to repair it myself because I know I would make a mess).
I hope you have better luck than I have with their customer support. I've been waiting since the end of November. I repair, including soldering, my remote control aircraft, but like you I don't feel comfortable opening the TM. Moreover, we have a warranty - shouldn't have to attempt to repair it ourselves.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Have you tried again recently @Bazinga ? There have been a couple of recent reports of quick replies. I'd love to see the TM peeps treat you well, especially after all this time

I was also thinking earlier I wonder if its an issue with your email address it self, like for whatever reason theirs flags you as spam - but then I remembered I thought you tried doing the return request thru the website, which shouldn't have an effect on them getting your emails?

Just out of curiosity I would try from a different email if you have one. Or @Bazinga if you'd like to PM me the info on the order I could try sending it myself

Bazinga

Have you tried again recently @Bazinga ? There have been a couple of recent reports of quick replies. I'd love to see the TM peeps treat you well, especially after all this time
I haven't tried in the last couple of weeks. It's a shame because there is so much I like about the device.

BrianTL - Very kind of you to offer your services. However, I do not want to drag anyone else down this rabbit hole. I have sent 3 messages directly through their website and 2 from my email account (I always get the message about "sorry we can't respond at this time" or something to that effect. So I know they are receiving my emails. I am extremely happy with my new Tafee Bowle and don't "need" the TM to medicate. Also, very happy indeed with the IQ2. Thanks again for kind offer !!

Shit Snacks

phineas is like the shorter, stockier cousin to rbt haha both German glass but phineous feels a bit more solid and is wider/shorter than rbt. Rbt mouthpiece is narrower so you can put lips around like any other standard stem but phineas is too wide for that and the way it feels most comfortable to me is bottom lip on outside and top lip on inside

60-C1-A6-BC-8235-47-B4-8193-66-FBAC192481.jpg

Ah thanks! I actually got impatient and ordered it last night, though I am disappointed to hear it is actually wider mouthpiece, I was afraid of that, may be unusable for me... We'll see I guess!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I haven't tried in the last couple of weeks. It's a shame because there is so much I like about the device.

BrianTL - Very kind of you to offer your services. However, I do not want to drag anyone else down this rabbit hole. I have sent 3 messages directly through their website and 2 from my email account (I always get the message about "sorry we can't respond at this time" or something to that effect. So I know they are receiving my emails. I am extremely happy with my new Tafee Bowle and don't "need" the TM to medicate. Also, very happy indeed with the IQ2. Thanks again for kind offer !!

Anytime! If you change your mind just let me know... or creating a 2nd email address takes like, 5 minutes if you wanted to try that.

Since things seem to be clearing up a little over there, it might be worth sending an email - Subject line like **Damaged device, warranty request**

Emails aren't very trustworthy to me in the first place...especially those auto responses I wouldnt be surprised if you were getting those but still being filtered into their spam inbox.

You may not "need" it, but it is BS that you have a defective piece and cant get helped, despite a "10 year warranty". You paid for it, after all...

AK47 AMI

Hi All, I posted earlier to say my TM is hitting and missing, sometimes a decent draw and other times not great at all, took it apart to clean after 3-4 bowls as thought it may be that, but it's not even dirty! So I've gave them all a good rinse again anyway, but in the meantime... Which is the best external battery charger and place to get vct6 batteries? What should they be charged upto etc... Hopefully I'll get a new battery and it will be great! 😉👍 I think I may have damaged it as didn't charge when first got it and kept trying to use it! So think this is why it's not brilliant... But would I still be getting a decent hit one min and then nothing on the next?

AK47 AMI,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hi All, I posted earlier to say my TM is hitting and missing, sometimes a decent draw and other times not great at all, took it apart to clean after 3-4 bowls as thought it may be that, but it's not even dirty! So I've gave them all a good rinse again anyway, but in the meantime... Which is the best external battery charger and place to get vct6 batteries? What should they be charged upto etc... Hopefully I'll get a new battery and it will be great! 😉👍 I think I may have damaged it as didn't charge when first got it and kept trying to use it! So think this is why it's not brilliant... But would I still be getting a decent hit one min and then nothing on the next?

I just bought (8) VTC’s from:

Fast UPS delivery was worth the few extra bucks. For every two batteries, they come in a FREE plastic case. I also picked up some 18650 & 21700 Battery wraps and terminal covers.

As far as chargers, how MUCH are you budgeting?

Shit Snacks

Someone posted at some point I think here about where to buy batteries in the UK, you should specify when you post where you are because I don't know if the best battery places shipping in the US are the best for the UK... Also no need to overthink it, when you get them you throw them on the external charger until they are full, then you use them until they run down and charge them up whenever, you don't need to worry about that much... 4.2v is full if you got a battery charger that has a digital display.

I don't know why you're not getting blank hits, have you tried only taking one hit at each temp setting like I've said? Starting low? are you sure the bowl is not extracted? The other thing is air flow, good connection with the o-rings and glass stem etc.

imor jones

Hey, sometimes there are Connection Problem. The Performance of my TM Went down to Zero once. Sometimes i still got a Hit in 10...
So i cleaned all the connections and this foil assemble...and than IT worked again. Also cleaning the Lid good. Its Part of the Connection for the battery Power.
You have to open up the unit for that....

Top Bottom