TinyMight / TM 2

pop22

WAAAAY over priced IMO. It look like a redesign of the Utillian 420. Which started life as the Pulsar Curve. The Utillian is now $59.00 on their website!

pop22,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
WAAAAY over priced IMO. It look like a redesign of the Utillian 420. Which started life as the Pulsar Curve. The Utillian is now $59.00 on their website!

The Utillian 420 is a conduction device, it has session mode only, no replaceable batteries, it looks *very* different except that it's a box with a tube in it and is altogether a very different animal.

pop22

Thanks for the reply!

The Utillian 420 is a conduction device, it has session mode only, no replaceable batteries, it looks *very* different except that it's a box with a tube in it and is altogether a very different animal.

pop22,
Reactions: Siebter

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
The Utillian 420 was my introductory vape, and a mostly unsatisfactory experience. It was a fairly weak, slow extracting conduction vape with a terrible design that caused the (tiny) screen to get clogged all the time. The only good thing about it was that it led to me fucking combustion.

The TM is in no way similar to it.

MedicinalMonkeyWrench

These are the parts I clean as well as the threads.

The 4 metal contacts on the outside edge of the pcb.

2020-09-03 18.39.10 - Copy.jpg

The ledge in the bottom plate where they seat and make contact.

2020-09-03 18.39.40 - Copy.jpg

The area under the top plate where that earth strap thing makes contact.

2020-09-02 19.24.22 - Copy.jpg

Both ends of the main Torx screw where it touches the top and bottom plates.

These points all look like negative contacts to me. Probably worth a clean for anybody having problems.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I bought an extra long stem with dimples on 8/27 and today I received an email saying it had been sent.
It looks like things are moving.
special-228x228.jpeg

My extra long stem arrived today:brow:

When I made the purchase I immediately thought I wouldn't like the curved mouthpiece :hmm:...
So I thought ... my name is dzoinp ... Mod dzoinp :mental:

Since January I want this:
Straight dimpled stem
IMG-20200922-212608.jpg

I've done 4 or 5 sessions. I'm really enjoying it. With me it will only be used on the sofa
I wish it was 2cm shorter

Buds Aldrin

Hi to all the good folks in the FC community. I am really digging my new TM vape, having had it for about 3 weeks now. I have 3 questions:
1. Can you use it to vape when it is plugged in and charging?
2. In relation to the above, can you remove the mouthpiece/stem/tube or whatever you want to call it, from the cavity it sits in, while it is in On Demand mode, just to stir the herb a little after a couple of tokes? That is, without turning it off? I have a small plastic poker that I use to stir the bowl a bit.
3. What exact number on the heating dial would be equivalent to 220 degrees celcius?

Thanks to all who reply

Buds Aldrin,
Reactions: jbm

jbm

Hi to all the good folks in the FC community. I am really digging my new TM vape, having had it for about 3 weeks now. I have 3 questions:
2. In relation to the above, can you remove the mouthpiece/stem/tube or whatever you want to call it, from the cavity it sits in, while it is in On Demand mode, just to stir the herb a little after a couple of tokes? That is, without turning it off? I have a small plastic poker that I use to stir the bowl a bit.
3. What exact number on the heating dial would be equivalent to 220 degrees celcius?

Thanks to all who reply
1. Not sure, I haven't tried it. My hunch would be that you can.
2. Yes, you can. I don't usually stir, but I do often take out the stem to check the degree of browning.
3. According to the chart you can find elsewhere on this thread, 8.5 corresponds to 219C. Close enough? I'm also attaching a PDF version of the temp chart I put together.

Attachments

• tm-steps.pdf
    25.7 KB · Views: 34

LabPong

Thanks to all who reply

1. You can but it is harsh on the cell for sure.....never do this to a cell unless it is at minimum 25% charge.
2. Yes no problem at any time when vape is on. DO NOT USE PLASTIC AS A STIR TOOL, METAL IS YOUR FRIEND HERE!
3. As mentioned, about 8-9 on the temp setting dial. Your draw technique will also aid in production/extraction.

Please share your solution if you get it resolved, I have the same issue. Although it always work, there are days where it's anemic and others where it's at full power. It's currently at the anemic stage this past weekend but I know in a few days it'll be fine again. It's a bit annoying not knowing what my experience will be like prior to each session.

I cleaned off the contact points on the top of the vape. Taking off the top metal piece you will see the area on the lid that the metal strip contact touches in the little indented area, (clean off both lid and strip contact points). I had cleaned off the battery cover last week so it was not necessary, but do this if you have not.

It seems to be working normally now after 3 sessions. If it starts to act up again, I will take the bottom plate off and hit the other contact points that MedicinalMonkeyWrench so kindly illustratred for us. (THANK YOU DUDE).

Hopefully this is all you others need to do to get the vape working normally again. GL.

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@jbm I dont know where that original list came about, I have a copy on my phone as well and use it often, but correct me if I'm wrong. I don't believe that will be as accurate as a conduction vape where the oven can be precisely controlled? It's good for a general ballpark I think, but more related to the heater itself rather than the temp of the flower/stem.

On another note, I thought I could patiently wait for the missing WPA to show up before wanting to run it through my bubbler but after getting tired of the lack of communication that many are experiencing, I dont want to wait anymore lol.

I'm not too "in the know" on glass stuff. How can I get the TM down to a 14mm female connection? I have RBT short stems if that helps.

jbm

@jbm I dont know where that original list came about, I have a copy on my phone as well and use it often, but correct me if I'm wrong. I don't believe that will be as accurate as a conduction vape where the oven can be precisely controlled? It's good for a general ballpark I think, but more related to the heater itself rather than the temp of the flower/stem.

On another note, I thought I could patiently wait for the missing WPA to show up before wanting to run it through my bubbler but after getting tired of the lack of communication that many are experiencing, I dont want to wait anymore lol.

I'm not too "in the know" on glass stuff. How can I get the TM down to a 14mm female connection? I have RBT short stems if that helps.
Yeah, I'm not sure how accurate any of the convection vapes are tempwise. I'm happy if it's in the neighborhood.

If you got one of these you could use it with the RBT short stem to connect to the 14mm rig.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yeah, I'm not sure how accurate any of the convection vapes are tempwise. I'm happy if it's in the neighborhood.

If you got one of these you could use it with the RBT short stem to connect to the 14mm rig.

I'm good with it in the neighborhood too! I dont think its too far off at all anyway. If somebody was truly looking for a precise temp to target something specific, I dont think this is it.

Thanks for link! Looks like I'll be ordering one of those. RBT short just gets flipped upside down in the TM right? Any certain screens for this?

BrianTL,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I get the TM down to a 14mm female connection?
One easy way is to attach a short length of silicone tubing. I used .5 inch width. Or cut off the neck to a balloon for a 18mm connection. The rolled end works great to seal the stem to your glass. Or wrap a rubber band....Stems-.jpg
Surely, everybody has balloons for, for, for birthday parties! Yeah, that's the ticket....

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
One easy way is to attach a short length of silicone tubing. I used .5 inch width. Or cut off the neck to a balloon for a 18mm connection. The rolled end works great to seal the stem to your glass.View attachment 2789
Surely, everybody has balloons for, for, for birthday parties! Yeah, that's the ticket....
If you’re concerned about keeping social distance and avoiding birthday parties, someone once suggested to me this which I’ve never bought but looks promising and could work in some situations: https://www.amazon.com/Plumbers-Sea...&sprefix=plumbers+,aps,290&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

I gotta search for a new bubbler to replace the one my overly curious cat broke last week. I use my Tinymight natively most of the time anyway. Glass and filtration is an exception and special treat for me on occasion. :peace:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
That tape appears to be Teflon tape. Great for joining threaded parts. It may flake off: Teflon lungs will be less sticky to frying eggs, but might not be good for you.

macbill,
Reactions: arb

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm good with it in the neighborhood too! I dont think its too far off at all anyway. If somebody was truly looking for a precise temp to target something specific, I dont think this is it.

Thanks for link! Looks like I'll be ordering one of those. RBT short just gets flipped upside down in the TM right? Any certain screens for this?
Yeah just turn it upside down and put some sort of basket screen in it that's just held in place by friction until it gunks up a bit. The RBT short stems are 18mm not 14 though.

SquirrelMaster

Love it!

I've been rocking mine similar lately, along side a upline taster, what temps you running, we seem to like somethings alike!

20200921-191341.jpg

Sorry, realized after I uploaded here how crappy the pic is! Those are 4mm beads with both screens out of the stock CU shells and a cup screen up front. I haven't loaded up a long stem like that, but you've inspired me! I love the open flow like this and haven't looked back once trying it.

Someone mentioned cleaning, this has been easy for me. I've thrown the whole thing in iso as-is and it rinses easier than the stock setup.

I've had a run of shake to work with, which is cost effective, and really effective with this setup and a little pack. Prior to this I was a coarse grind and fluffy pack, nothing compacted and I really didn't have to stir. But I do quit often because I enjoy the ritual of it. I can run this a little more shallow and not stir, but that's not fun!
I like to start around temp 3-4 for at least a couple hits then gradually work up to and end on 7. With some of my really terpy trichrome covered strains I can hang around 4-5 for more of my hits but other strains require me to up the temperature faster to keep the vapour flowing. If I need medicate quickly I'll jump straight to 7 starting a fresh bowl but I prefer to work my way up and leave 7 for a finishing hit or two. Anything above 7 leaves "the ring" in the face of the flower so I stir nearly every hit if I'm going that route which is only when I'm putting it through water and it's really easy to lift the device off after each hit.

With less balls I'm sure your stem is even more free flowing than mine! My packed stem feels so open with better cooling than any of my other stems, these balls are a game changer imo. I've yet to put them in a device and not notice an improvement whether they're acting as a heat source (SSV/Elev8r) or heat sink (Tinymight/RBT/Mighty so far).

I had a ton of tiny beads left over from the SSV mod so as an experiment I loaded all of the remaining ones in the long stem and used two dome screens to keep em in. Sorry, it's pretty gnarly already:

Setting 5.5 now results in very dark brown herb while before it would only be a light brown toast. 7 expends it and it starts looking black. This effectively lowered my power needs by 2-3 steps, which I think will be great for extending the number of hits per charged battery. The draw is tighter and I'm curious to see how much worse it gets over time, swapping this screen is much easier than the CU's. I still cough after each hit, even at 3 or 4, but the flavor is something else, seems to be better than with the stock stem and CU.

That's the long stem right? I think my eyes are being deceived not seeing the cooling units stuffed in there, it looks longer.

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
That tape appears to be Teflon tape. Great for joining threaded parts. It may flake off: Teflon lungs will be less sticky to frying eggs, but might not be good for you.
Hadn’t thought there was Teflon in the tape. It was suggested in another thread a year or two ago being safe and effective, and I’ve not done diligence on it nor purchased or have used it related to vaping (or even combustion - yuck). Is a balloon/latex any safer? Not being argumentative at all. Maybe it’s not a good idea after all... :2c::peace:

Vaporific,

murf2010

My TM isn’t charging. Red light goes on then goes off a couple mins later. When I go to triple click, it clicks rapidly fast, flashes green and never turns on.
HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS? What do I do here?

murf2010,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Try a different battery (if you have one). Do you have another device, like a box mod, where you can try to charge the battery?

macbill,

Ariste

My TM isn’t charging. Red light goes on then goes off a couple mins later. When I go to triple click, it clicks rapidly fast, flashes green and never turns on.
HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS? What do I do here?
Do you have an external charger or a multi meter to test the battery?
Are you using a >= 2Amp USB charger?

lordpilko

These are the parts I clean as well as the threads.

The 4 metal contacts on the outside edge of the pcb.

View attachment 2771

The ledge in the bottom plate where they seat and make contact.

View attachment 2773

The area under the top plate where that earth strap thing makes contact.

View attachment 2774

Both ends of the main Torx screw where it touches the top and bottom plates.

These points all look like negative contacts to me. Probably worth a clean for anybody having problems.

Another TM with heating problems here...sigh....

What do you clean with? Isopropanol?

lordpilko,
Reactions: macbill
Top Bottom