TinyMight / TM 2

ezpz

Hey there. A little late to the conversation but I on hawaiian time. I had 2 combustion events at 10, both on my WPA. The first one, I wasn't sure if I waited for the haptic feedback. The second time, which was the very next bowl, I definitely waited for the buzz. I do take about 20 second draws and load bud all the way to the tip, But my 2 combustion events, I was pushing the TM hard. Inhaling as long and as hard as I could. Now I stop at 9, with a long steady draw. No combustion since. Stay safe everyone.

DO

Worst customer service ever. After my TM had a problem I sent it in via DHL. It's been over a month. I've emailed them multiple times, and there's been no acknowledgment of receipt nor any response at all other than the "we're busy, be patient" spiel. If you get one, hope it doesn't break. You, too, will feel like they stole your TM and have no intention of repairing and returning.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Worst customer service ever. After my TM had a problem I sent it in via DHL. It's been over a month. I've emailed them multiple times, and there's been no acknowledgment of receipt nor any response at all other than the "we're busy, be patient" spiel. If you get one, hope it doesn't break. You, too, will feel like they stole your TM and have no intention of repairing and returning.

That indeed sucks!
While mine is working as of now, and I love using it, I knew going into this that it was a GAMBLE, and if mine fails tomorrow I’ll be in the same boat. Now fanboys may argue about reliability, the reported failure rate on this thread, is quite small, but we don’t know the real figures based on total sales. And as it’s a product that has been available to buy for less then a year, even immediate failures, don’t equate to long term reliability. In short, I read all the reviews, and posts here and everywhere, and with accessories I put out $350, charged immediately to my CC. It was a roll of the dice, not about the money, as there is little risk with a CC dispute. The RISK I took, was long term reliability questions.

But when you factor in the “boutique” nature of these “one person” operations, the TRUTH you have to ask yourself, is how long do you really believe they will be in business? For support, repair, parts, etc. RBT is one example of a vape device company going out. Since I own a few different vapes, I just gambled on this one. I hope it works for two years, and I’d be happy, but I really hope someone clones the SS Heater, and we see it in other products.

In addition, what adds to all the gambles I mentioned above, the LACK of customer support in the most basic of methods, should not be glossed over or ignored, but that depends on how much research does before buying and then regretting. I read this entire thread before making my decision, even knowing the CS was lacking at the time I was researching. And it seems it has only become worse, as your message illustrates. So even if like me you are currently satisfied and enjoying the TM, there is no feeling of a safety net, if and when you have a problem. I have a small issue, doesn’t effect usability as of now, but I wrote TM CS, and like many other reports, NO response. But I was aware of this potential when I hit the “buy button”, and dam, mom always said: “BUYER BEWARE”.....

Alton

Worst customer service ever.
If you get one, hope it doesn't break. You, too, will feel like they stole your TM and have no intention of repairing and returning.
There's no customer support and warranty for the device right now. I love the vaporizer itself, but the lack of support was completely disappointing. The only thing you can - pray, that your device does not break.

My device had a problem with a jammed battery cover a month ago, I couldn't open or close it and emailed to the support with this issue on 20th of august.
tiny 1.jpg
I only recieved "please be patient" autoreply. I emailed two times more after that, but the response was the same.

After two weeks of waiting I managed to open the cover with a chisel, deburr the screw and close it with the battery somehow.
tiny 6.jpg

The device works, but it's still not possible to replace batteries - because the cover can jam again. And there's still no response from the support.

I wouldn't recommend buying Tinymight right now, because it's a kind of a lottery...

Last edited:

Alton

That couldve opened a lot cleaner with some other tools probably...
I tried plastic and aluminum items, but with no result - too soft to turn the cover. If you know any special tools for this purpose - please share.

Alton,

KVVS

Adding in some cloth or rubber stuff to protect it would be the first thing coming to mind.
Also vibration usually shakes these kinda stuck “screws” looser but maybe it was that stuck that it was unavoidable...
Still it sucks man and the customer service still not responding to multiple people in this thread makes me rethink my order on this vape.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Alton I agree customer support should have been there for you. But if you had just unscrewed the large screw at the bottom the top would come off.
Then maybe you could have tried some lubricant. When i have to use brute force to open it,i put my tshirt over it,and then use a coin,leaving the cloth as a buffer. That battery lid is my least favorite part of this vaporizer. Aluminum threads are just too soft,and there is a chance that it threads at an angle and then it gets stuck.
DO NOT ever attempt to tighten the battery lid,better leave it a bit loose,there is a spring pushing the battery to it anyway,so you dont need to do that.

Alton

Adding in some cloth or rubber stuff to protect it would be the first thing coming to mind.
Thanks, it didn't come to mind, but now it's probably too late) I'll try this if decide to replace the battery.

But if you had just unscrewed the large screw at the bottom the top would come off.
Then maybe you could have tried some lubricant.
I tried this, took off the cover and sprayed wd-40 from the inner side, but it didn't help significantly. The battery lid was stuck in-between and the device didn't work...

When i have to use brute force to open it,i put my tshirt over it,and then use a coin,leaving the cloth as a buffer.
I had been using a coin (but without a cloth for about a month) before the scew jammed completely.

DO NOT ever attempt to tighten the battery lid,better leave it a bit loose,there is a spring pushing the battery to it anyway,so you dont need to do that.
I think this phrase should be in bold in the user manual :)

thunderstealer1337

Tbvh this is my concern, all the fanboys post up and overshadows these major issues and new users don't get to see the entire picture.

Owning one, I'm like how did this unit go into production, whoever gave feedback to maker missed some major things.

I've commented on the actual design here yet get posts that I'm a me/ee and this design is the best thing since we invented a wheel.

I'm like huh, wtf. The 2 major things that the customer actually physically engages with their $300 unit is so piss poor designed.

1. A completely loose power button that rattles and sounds like your crunching glass during stem insertion.

2. Battery door/battery design, there are countless issues with this design at the "screw in door" and at the really bad non insulated terminal.

These are the 2 things you interact with all the time yet this is the makers output/design/revisions on them, again had I known more about this maker (his previous startup where he abandoned the product line completely) I would probably not buy it and just wait for a p80.

Ppl are slowly figuring it out, review this 200+ thread, the maker has another line on fc that he has abandoned, the first usa vendor who started this hype train gave up on the maker this May stating he doesn't commit to fulfilling her order all while shipping others orders and provided 0 communication to her.

angular ocelot

There's no customer support and warranty for the device right now. I love the vaporizer itself, but the lack of support was completely disappointing. The only thing you can - pray, that your device does not break.

My device had a problem with a jammed battery cover a month ago, I couldn't open or close it and emailed to the support with this issue on 20th of august.
View attachment 2726
I only recieved "please be patient" autoreply. I emailed two times more after that, but the response was the same.

After two weeks of waiting I managed to open the cover with a chisel, deburr the screw and close it with the battery somehow.
View attachment 2725

The device works, but it's still not possible to replace batteries - because the cover can jam again. And there's still no response from the support.

I wouldn't recommend buying Tinymight right now, because it's a kind of a lottery...
i dont know what is worse, what you did to your tinymight or what you did to your chisel.

Chronicles22

So, I dropped my tinymight in a soft camera case just from hip height onto the ground a few weeks ago and thought I would share this experience. Glass seemed fine, but I heard something knocking around and soon realized that the unit wouldn’t turn on. I went to check the battery thinking maybe the connection below the battery had flattened out or something, but apparently it was the tip of the battery that was damaged. Needless to say I disposed of this battery, and replaced with the same. Unit works great again. However my question now is that sometimes if I shake the vape around it seems that there is still some play in the battery compartment. Is this normal? Like is the battery slot a little bigger than the battery? I know it’s made of wood and could just be a nonissue but just wondering if anyone else was noticing this or if I should take a closer look at where the battery touches on the bottom inside the unit. Perhaps something was in fact flattened out there. Thanks for your time!

Djsleepy

Question to all re:battery door .... has anyone tried using beeswax on threads to lubricate ?

Djsleepy,
Reactions: arb

LabPong

Tbvh this is my concern, all the fanboys post up and overshadows these major issues and new users don't get to see the entire picture.

Owning one, I'm like how did this unit go into production, whoever gave feedback to maker missed some major things.

I've commented on the actual design here yet get posts that I'm a me/ee and this design is the best thing since we invented a wheel.

I'm like huh, wtf. The 2 major things that the customer actually physically engages with their $300 unit is so piss poor designed.

1. A completely loose power button that rattles and sounds like your crunching glass during stem insertion.

2. Battery door/battery design, there are countless issues with this design at the "screw in door" and at the really bad non insulated terminal.

These are the 2 things you interact with all the time yet this is the makers output/design/revisions on them, again had I known more about this maker (his previous startup where he abandoned the product line completely) I would probably not buy it and just wait for a p80.

Ppl are slowly figuring it out, review this 200+ thread, the maker has another line on fc that he has abandoned, the first usa vendor who started this hype train gave up on the maker this May stating he doesn't commit to fulfilling her order all while shipping others orders and provided 0 communication to her.

So let me get this straight.......every Tinymight made is like yours and has problems?

Or if not.....then what is your estimation of units produced to units with problems?

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Question to all re:battery door .... has anyone tried using beeswax on threads to lubricate ?
I don't think you want to use anything that might affect the electrical connection. Maybe a very light qtiping of mineral oil:hmm:

LabPong

I don't think you want to use anything that might affect the electrical connection. Maybe a very light qtiping of mineral oil:hmm:

He was referring to using a lubricant on the battery door threads.

I would suggest that it will not hurt...but if your having issues with the threads not working well.....get a tap set or find someone with one and re-groove them would be more viable for making the threads easier to work.

LabPong,
Reactions: arb

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
So, I dropped my tinymight in a soft camera case just from hip height onto the ground a few weeks ago and thought I would share this experience. Glass seemed fine, but I heard something knocking around and soon realized that the unit wouldn’t turn on. I went to check the battery thinking maybe the connection below the battery had flattened out or something, but apparently it was the tip of the battery that was damaged. Needless to say I disposed of this battery, and replaced with the same. Unit works great again. However my question now is that sometimes if I shake the vape around it seems that there is still some play in the battery compartment. Is this normal? Like is the battery slot a little bigger than the battery? I know it’s made of wood and could just be a nonissue but just wondering if anyone else was noticing this or if I should take a closer look at where the battery touches on the bottom inside the unit. Perhaps something was in fact flattened out there. Thanks for your time!
The battery spring at the bottom of the compartment may have been squished during the fall. Users have reported that you can hook it with a paperclip to pull the contact spring back up, which should be enough to resolve the issue.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
One super duper pro tip from me → be mindful and take your time when handling the battery door. When screwing down, first screw counterclockwise until it catches the groove, then clockwise.

Nonono, not recommended :-) – in order to provide a proper fit for the cell, the lid should be screwed down fully, otherwise it could damage the internal contacts when the device is being carried around.

Yeah, it would be lovely if you could consider to stop calling other members „fanboys“. Thx man.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Siebter Well there is a fine line between too loose and too tight.I would rather have it on the loose side ;),no issues whatsoever with mine since day 1. Never use extra force,it should screw smooth all the way down.If it jams maybe the threads got misaligned on a angle.

As for people considering us fanboys,most of them are just sore users,lol.. I get it that some of you are having problems with your devices,but put yourself on a place of a user that has never had problem with his device since day one and it delivers flawless operation time and again. If you are trying to speculate that there are more sore users than happy users ,it is just not right. No one is trying to hide anything,there are just only a few devices that had malfunctioned and their owners were quite "vocal" about it,also i think so far everyone had been taken care of at some point. If you want quick turn around times and better warranty support,do not get involved with one man operations ;).

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Siebter Well there is a fine line between too loose and too tight.I would rather have it on the loose side ;),no issues whatsoever with mine since day 1. Never use extra force,it should screw smooth all the way down.If it jams maybe the threads got misaligned on a angle.

Yeah, as soon as we feel some kind of misalignement, we should stop. I avoid screwing it too tight by not using any tools. By hand I'm able to make it sit flush with the plates, but not further.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You've made your dislike of this product crystal clear in this thread, yet you seem to keep reitering it for some reason. We have a rule:
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
    • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
    • Use of the forum to blackmail companies will not be tolerated.
    • Posts in this regard will be evaluated based on perceived intent.
  • No trolling. Please do not post any content that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don’t post for or the purpose of starting a dispute.
Also, disparaging members as "fanboys" runs contrary to our Be Nice rule. Your participation in this thread is now done.

:peace:

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member

Negative experiences/opinions are welcome and appreciated here so long as you abide by the forum rules, especially our Be Nice rules. Pigeonholing members who have positive opinions of the product as "fanboys" in a pejorative sense will likely just work against you considering the majority of members in this thread do seem to enjoy the product.

If you can think up a better design for the components you think are "piss poor" it could benefit everyone. If you can't that's fine, but then maybe choose your words with more care. No vape is perfect. Often times it's a matter of how much the positive aspects outweigh the negatives.

Edit: Beaten by @Stu :D

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Wax can melt, good for wood, not great for conductivity.
Try this:

RustyOldNail,

Skinku

I rub pencil lead on threads to lubricate them, my science brain isn’t on right now so I don’t know if this is a good thing regarding electrical conduction, it’s not great but it works.

Top Bottom