TinyMight / TM 2

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I went for this one, even though it was more expensive than I had planned... But it looks gorgeous!

A real beauty! I’m sure you’ll like it.

El Duderino,

gangababa

I found a curious reality about my TM2.
If I set the dial to 0 so the vape can not be turned on; and then insert (reinsert) the battery, it will turn on.
I can turn it off and back on repeatedly with the dial at 0.
UNTIL
If I turn the dial up to 1 or 2 and then back to 0, it then will not turn on. I does turn on normally at 1-2.
Until I again remove and reinsert the battery with the dial at 0.
Everything else is working normally; I do not think it is a malfunction. Just a curiosity of electronics.

popitup

That's a "travel lock" feature, as far as I know. They ship it like that, you'll see a lot of new users thinking their vape was broken because it won't turn on (until they play with the dial). This was also me.

> The analog temperature dial is on the bottom of the Tinymight 2, and extends from 0 to 10. Zero locks the vape into travel mode, where the power button won’t work. Ten is Beast Mode, which boosts the upper temp significantly and is reserved for concentrates.

edit: my bad, I see now the nuance to the behavior you're describing

Last edited:

BreadStick

If I set the dial to 0 so the vape can not be turned on; and then insert (reinsert) the battery, it will turn on.
UNTIL
If I turn the dial up to 1 or 2 and then back to 0, it then will not turn on. I does turn on normally at 1-2.
Everything else is working normally; I do not think it is a malfunction. Just a curiosity of electronics.
What a strange find, you should be working in product testing/QA if you aren't already! :lol:

Have you tried seeing if the heater does anything if you try use it while set at 0? My guess as to what's happening is that all the system info is stored in RAM so when you remove the battery that memory gets wiped. When you bring the power back the controller probably initializes it's variables with default values. I'd guess there's a variable that stores the position of the temp dial, this value might only get updated when the controller notices a change in the signal coming from the temp dial. So when you start it at 0 after putting the battery back in the controller initializes the temp value as some non 0 number so it turns on. This notion could probably be tested by seeing if you can vape with the temp set to 0 after popping the battery out then back in, I'd be afraid to try this in case it some how damages the vape.

That's a "travel lock" feature, as far as I know. They ship it like that, you'll see a lot of new users thinking their vape was broken because it won't turn on (until they play with the dial). This was also me.

> The analog temperature dial is on the bottom of the Tinymight 2, and extends from 0 to 10. Zero locks the vape into travel mode, where the power button won’t work. Ten is Beast Mode, which boosts the upper temp significantly and is reserved for concentrates.

I don't think OP is confused by the travel lock, it looks like they've found a way to bypass it by removing and re-inserting the battery

Varden

UNTIL
Technically it is a bug. But I agree with @BreadStick , you would be great in product testing, that's a curious find.

EDIT: So I just checked my TM2 and could not reproduce it. Mine does NOT have this bug.

What I did is: put the dial to 0, try to turn it on, it didn't as expected, remove the battery, put it back on (tested twice, second time counted to 10 before putting the battery back), tried to turn it on without touching the dial (which was still at 0), the TM2 did not turn on.

I'm curious as to why we have different results and wondering how it will be for other people.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I actually don't really see how it would affect flavor much at all? The airflow only passes a little fresh air over that part before it goes into the heater, right? I don't think cold stainless steel in that small area really affects the flavor, when you are still using a glass stem that the vapor is flowing through from the heater hot air..

I was only referring to the TOP glass piece, as swapping that piece for stainless steel might effect flavor, as I assume the manufacturer chose glass in the first place for flavor, even though he has had to deal with all the “free” repairs. My point was, while it’s supposedly a swap the customer can do, just swapping the TOP to SS, doesn’t change that the UN-REPLACEABLE “bottom” GLASS can still break…. hence why I wouldn’t bother paying for this “upgrade”.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I assume the manufacturer chose glass in the first place for flavor,
I assume so too, in the early days the inner tube, the one directly around the stem, had a glass option. TM were advised to replace that for durability reasons by one of the FC OGs, I forget which one.

I'm with you rusty, I want more glass, not less. And it seems weird to leave the glass tube around the heater if doing the rest, but maybe that tube has less instances of failure, only the mfer would know that. Anyway, it doesn't feel like much of a benefit for me, having never thought the TM to be fragile.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I assume so too, in the early days the inner tube, the one directly around the stem, had a glass option. TM were advised to replace that for durability reasons by one of the FC OGs, I forget which one.

I'm with you rusty, I want more glass, not less. And it seems weird to leave the glass tube around the heater if doing the rest, but maybe that tube has less instances of failure, only the mfer would know that. Anyway, it doesn't feel like much of a benefit for me, having never thought the TM to be fragile.

Exactly!
I knocked my TM OG off my dresser, about a 5 foot direct drop on a hardwood floor.
I was in shock, as I don’t often drop expensive things, but when I picked it up, I couldn’t see any damage at all, and BOTH glass inserts were intact. Now I realize I was very LUCKY!

As I mentioned previously, my friend brought his brand new TM OG, over so I could set it up for him, that’s when I noticed his UPPER glass was broken in shipping. Since I had bought a spare top glass tube, I knew I could replace it for him. But to get the broken top glass pieces from the bottom of the TM body, I took it apart further, that’s when the SS RIBBON heater coil came out like a SPRING. I knew at that point, it had to be replaced. It was disappointing, but he received a new one quickly. I’m pretty handy, but that ribbon heater coil is not something I want to ever deal with again….

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
I've said before, it's like prefererence in transmission. Some like to shift a manual and have control over the ride, and some, like me, like to just put in drive and cruise.

Reminds me of a favorite saying: You drive a car with a manual transmission. You steer a car with an automatic transmission.

(proud manual owner for almost 50 years) :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Rodney

New drop including this wild one:

However this would be my ideal:
Amazing price since it's all clear
New drop including this wild one:

However this would be my ideal:
Amazing price since it's all clear

I agree that U hook would be real nice am sure. See I use a small bubbler that has a little diffuser, it looks like this but not exact

Is really decent and is small BUT it just feels too big and am sure the J or U hook will work so much better with the TM2.

The elephant stem looks ok also but not my kind of thing.

Rodney,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is really decent and is small BUT it just feels too big and am sure the J or U hook will work so much better with the TM2.

Yeah those are basic size shape, not bad, volume isn't too big, but the outside parts I guess? I'm not such a fan of that tree perc either, a little too much diffusion, not that easy to clean, but solid enough function

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Sto.Oned

Guys I'm super confused because my tinymight is not working good. I feel it's low powered, in fact the heating vibration come pretty close (2-3 seconds) also with high temperature (7-10), one time ago it take like 10-20 seconds. Also the tm is not so hot like time ago after using it.
I don't know what happened, because for months I used it with broken screen with very good results. One month ago I changed the glass and clean a bit, and then it start to be less powerful. I get stoned, but less and I see much less vapor and the weed is less cooked.
I don't really know what to do as :
-I cleaned all batteries and contacts and batteries are really good (some one year old but some just some months).
- I put enough weed and clean the cu (also removed one piece of metal inside)
- I clean a bit of shit under the bottom panel (maybe I'd didn't close enough when I opened it one month ago)
-I put all pieces in the right position with the mesh ring with the larger plate in the bottom part, glass is perfect
-I almost close all the top screw with maximum adherence to the wood short stem I'm using (with cu).
I Just putted a little bit of plastic around and behind the button because it make noise shaking it. Could this be the issue?

Than, I never removed the smaller torx inside in the bottom chip(where is written "power") , I don't need to clean that part right? Is it normal that the green chip stay connected to wood through that torx?

Thanks

Sto.Oned,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@Sto.Oned
There is a metal strip which terminates under the top metal shroud. This, over time, gets compressed and can cause the issue you are experiencing.
There are detailed instructions somewhere in here. You can put a small piece of card under this strip at the top to ensure better contact with the top shroud. Tighten the long screw really tight and hopefully you are sorted. It certainly sorted the problem out for me.

Sto.Oned

@Chicken No Name thank you, I just tried to put a fairly thick piece of paper(with medicine box) , and I feel it's a little bit more hot now, but still no vapor, not strong enough.
And I don't think I put a small piece, as closing tm now it stay a little more up the top metal closure. So I m trying to reduce it a little (don't think it will work).
P. S. I would love to upload a picture that I made but I don't know how to do it. If I tap on image, I have to put a linked image, but I don't know where to upload it. Is not possible to upload it directly in the forum?
P. P. S
Maybe I found the post in which there is this procedure, but there the user says that should be a piece of aluminum paper. So maybe just a piece of paper is not enough?

Last edited:
Sto.Oned,

kiddvudu2

P. S. I would love to upload a picture that I made but I don't know how to do it. If I tap on image, I have to put a linked image, but I don't know where to upload it. Is not possible to upload it directly in the forum?
1) REMOVE ALL GEO AND OTHER INFO TAGGING ON PHOTO
2) Go here: https://postimg.cc/
3) Upload the image
4) Copy the "Direct Link"
5) Come back to FC
6) Use the "Insert Image (CTRL+P) button
7) Paste "Direct Link" and click OK.

Voila

Last edited:

Sto.Oned

Ok I'm trying to put today image, unfortunately it didn't save the image before I closed tm with paper, but from my previous message description you should understand what I mean. I try to remove some paper but still no vapor at all. I feel a little bit stoned and I feel more heating and smell, but still is working at 30-50% I think.. Help please, I can't live without it and I m going tomorrow on a special spiritual island and I don't want to smoke again 😢
20240122-155651.jpg

Sto.Oned,

Petetbay

Ok I'm trying to put today image, unfortunately it didn't save the image before I closed tm with paper, but from my previous message description you should understand what I mean. I try to remove some paper but still no vapor at all. I feel a little bit stoned and I feel more heating and smell, but still is working at 30-50% I think.. Help please, I can't live without it and I m going tomorrow on a special spiritual island and I don't want to smoke again 😢
20240122-155651.jpg
I think you need to email Tinymight, I don’t know enough being TM2 noobie, unless someone had exactly same problem, most are speculating. I was thinking a recalibration might be needed and they request you email them on how to do that. I thought doing the temperature range selection would be the same as recalibration, but I’m not sure now as their FAQ has a TM2 not providing enough heat.

from Tinymight FAQ:

11. MY TINYMIGHT IS NOT GIVING AS MUCH VAPORS AS IT USED TO

There can be multiple reasons: 1) battery is not good enough. Sometimes batteries might fail early, or in case it is a third party battery, it might have not been good enough quality one in the first place. And after extended use, their performance degrades. 2) Battery cap contact point is dirty / oxidized. This is a good thing to do once in a while, scratch the contact point of the battery lid shiny, this guarantees an ideal contact and power transfer. 2) ONLY FOR TINYMIGHT 1, TM2 WILL GET PERMANENTLY DAMAGED WITH THESE steps: electrical contacts inside the Tinymight need refreshment. Usually it is easy thing to do and no need to open up the device. You need a Torx T20 screwdriver / bit and then please open the big back end screw just a little bit, 1-2mm should be enough, to get the aluminum end panels to move relative to the wooden body. move them as much as you can, imagine you are trying to scratch the wood underneath them and then retighten the screw very well. Usually this is enough to bring back the original performance if there has been any reduction of permormance. 3) if after verifying the above steps you are still having lower temperatures than expected, but are able to get results with the temperature dial turned up to higher level like 10, you can just simply adjust the calibration of the vape for higher level. The Tinymight has a setting to allow adjust the range of the temperature dial from - 3 to +3 steps relative to the original values. So for example, calibrating it to +3 level means that you would get already at 7 the same results as now at 10. For calibration advice, please send us email with a subject "CALIBRATION" and we will send you instructions. If the above steps don't help you, it is best to return the device for repair.

Sto.Oned

Penso che tu debba inviare un'e-mail a Tinymight, non ne so abbastanza essendo noobie di TM2, a meno che qualcuno non abbia avuto esattamente lo stesso problema, la maggior parte sta speculando. Stavo pensando che potrebbe essere necessaria una ricalibrazione e ti chiedono di inviargli un'e-mail su come farlo. Pensavo che la selezione dell'intervallo di temperatura sarebbe stata la stessa cosa della ricalibrazione, ma ora non ne sono sicuro poiché le loro domande frequenti hanno un TM2 che non fornisce abbastanza calore.

11. IL MIO TINYMIGHT NON DÀ PIÙ VAPORI COME PRIMA

I motivi possono essere molteplici: 1) la batteria non è abbastanza buona. A volte le batterie potrebbero guastarsi presto o, nel caso in cui si tratti di una batteria di terze parti, potrebbe non essere di qualità sufficientemente buona in primo luogo. E dopo un uso prolungato, le loro prestazioni peggiorano. 2) Il punto di contatto del coperchio della batteria è sporco/ossidato. È una buona cosa da fare di tanto in tanto, lucidare il punto di contatto del coperchio della batteria, questo garantisce un contatto e un trasferimento di potenza ideali. 2) SOLO PER TINYMIGHT 1, TM2 VERRÀ DANNEGGIATO PERMANENTEMENTE CON QUESTI passaggi: i contatti elettrici all'interno del Tinymight necessitano di ristoro. Di solito è una cosa facile da fare e non è necessario aprire il dispositivo. Hai bisogno di un cacciavite/punta Torx T20 e poi apri leggermente la grande vite posteriore, 1-2 mm dovrebbero essere sufficienti, per far sì che i pannelli terminali in alluminio si spostino rispetto al corpo in legno. spostali il più possibile, immagina di provare a graffiare il legno sottostante e poi riavvita molto bene la vite. Di solito questo è sufficiente per ripristinare le prestazioni originali se si è verificata una riduzione delle prestazioni. 3) se dopo aver verificato i passaggi precedenti hai ancora temperature più basse del previsto, ma riesci a ottenere risultati con il quadrante della temperatura impostato su un livello più alto come 10, puoi semplicemente regolare la calibrazione del vaporizzatore per un livello più alto. Il Tinymight ha un'impostazione per consentire di regolare l'intervallo del quadrante della temperatura da -3 a +3 passi rispetto ai valori originali. Quindi, ad esempio, calibrarlo al livello +3 significa che otterresti già a 7 gli stessi risultati che hai adesso a 10. Per consigli sulla calibrazione, inviaci un'e-mail con oggetto "CALIBRAZIONE" e ti invieremo le istruzioni. Se i passaggi precedenti non ti aiutano, è meglio restituire il dispositivo per la riparazione.
Yes I already read that and I wrote them today. I m still curious to see what's the other user says, as now after paper fix it work a little bit better (but still not enough good).

Sto.Oned,
Reactions: Petetbay

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
@Sto.Oned
Paper is not ideal for lifting the top contact on the top plate...maybe some aluminum foil folded 4/5 times
Clean the threads on the battery cover and the threads in the top plate.
He fell? Do you have the white coil pins aligned crosswise like this +?
If it doesn't work you have to open it again..
Clean the top plate and the metal strip, the board and bottom plate contacts with iso

and very important:
Tighten the long screw really tight
do you have the right tool?? If you don't have it, you won't be able to tighten it properly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom