TinyMight / TM 2

gangababa

.... I got the TM2 last month and love it so far after my original Mighty died off. This time I've been trying to keep to the capsules (using the official TM2 v2 capsules) but I'm a little disappointed with them compared to rimless conical screen. ...

Anyway thanks and looking forward to spending some time here!
Try using the dosing capsule without the lid, open end towards the heater. You will need to adjust the CU.

DynaBox

Accessory Maker
Thanks, I'm mostly using the 14mm WPA that has a glass filter but I'll still try it out!
I use the S&B gold capsule with the lid of course and for me it is a perfect solution

1689311494798.jpg

MoltenTiger

Yeah, this is exactly what I had in mind, this would be perfect. Shame I do not seem to find it available anywhere, because this is exactly it.

Edit: A 16mm diameter plastic mouthpiece is surprisingly difficult to find.

Does @Delta3DStudios still make silicone mouthpieces?

Some SSV whip might otherwise do the trick.

Otherwise https://chosty.com/products/silicone-mouthpiece

Varden

Thanks, for the suggestions and link.

I had the silicone mouthpiece pack of 5 in the chosty.com cart, but the only delivery option is 20usd, that doubles the price basically. Those are horrible rates.

Your suggestion of cutting a SSV whip in pieces is good too. I think I will try to find one locally and cut it into pieces, that should do the trick.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

Thanks, for the suggestions and link.

I had the silicone mouthpiece pack of 5 in the chosty.com cart, but the only delivery option is 20usd, that doubles the price basically. Those are horrible rates.

Your suggestion of cutting a SSV whip in pieces is good too. I think I will try to find one locally and cut it into pieces, that should do the trick.

For sure I do work with many different materials depending on the desired application. I have an original SonG1 material which is a bit softer, but worked in the shop using 3D printed molds. My SonG2 material is stiffer and higher quality finish, but those are made off site by a silicone factory (in America) for me in small batches (the downside here is that there's a six-figure price tag for making the machine mold so I need a lot of sales to cover the investment).

But I also have some 3D printable materials which are rated for skin contact as well depending on the desired application.

By all means shoot me a private message if you want to chat about a custom part - I can often quote pricing and time involved (and I'm not afraid to say no if I can't do it or don't think it's safe to do with the materials I have available)

thejuanald

I use the S&B gold capsule with the lid of course and for me it is a perfect solution

1689311494798.jpg
Thanks! I have a bunch of the S&B capsules but for some reason I couldn't get them to fit in. Didn't try with the cap off so I'll also give that a try.

thejuanald,

Momor

Thanks! I have a bunch of the S&B capsules but for some reason I couldn't get them to fit in. Didn't try with the cap off so I'll also give that a try.
They don't fit in the stem. You drop the capsule in the stem chamber and sit the stem on it.
When I use S&B capsules I use them with the lid (have to try without), and I flip the caps for my last draw.

thejuanald

They don't fit in the stem. You drop the capsule in the stem chamber and sit the stem on it.
When I use S&B capsules I use them with the lid (have to try without), and I flip the caps for my last draw.
Okay interesting! Might be a bit messy doing it without the cap then but I'll try it out

stuey

Okay interesting! Might be a bit messy doing it without the cap then but I'll try it out
I havent got around to using the capsules much myself as wasn't that impressed but did have an idea the other day you might want to try which is to put one of the orange o rings around one and then insert it into the stem. So long as the cooling unit is far back the capsule will push itself back as you insert it into the TM so you dont need to worry about getting the distance right it will sort itself out as you insert it.

My idea is that the main issue with the capsules is that a decent amount of the air gets sucked around it rather than through it and the O ring should stop that.

Give it a go and let us know what you think.

If that works well then maybe Delta3D could come up with some sort of capsule to stem insert as putting the O-ring on and taking it off diminishes the effectiveness of the on-the-go aspects of the capsules. But the O-ring would definitely be proof of concept.

Personally I find the sucking method of loading so easy that TBH I wonder how the capsuals are any easier or more discrete so havent really bothered but do intend to use them with hemp wool to make a way of using hash in the TM

thejuanald

I havent got around to using the capsules much myself as wasn't that impressed but did have an idea the other day you might want to try which is to put one of the orange o rings around one and then insert it into the stem. So long as the cooling unit is far back the capsule will push itself back as you insert it into the TM so you dont need to worry about getting the distance right it will sort itself out as you insert it.

My idea is that the main issue with the capsules is that a decent amount of the air gets sucked around it rather than through it and the O ring should stop that.

Give it a go and let us know what you think.

If that works well then maybe Delta3D could come up with some sort of capsule to stem insert as putting the O-ring on and taking it off diminishes the effectiveness of the on-the-go aspects of the capsules. But the O-ring would definitely be proof of concept.

Personally I find the sucking method of loading so easy that TBH I wonder how the capsuals are any easier or more discrete so havent really bothered but do intend to use them with hemp wool to make a way of using hash in the TM
Thanks I will try that out tonight and see what happens. For on the go use do you just use a stash jar or something for the ground herb and suck it up from there? I bought the XL cooling stem to play around with as well for dry usage.

Momor

you might want to try which is to put one of the orange o rings around one and then insert it into the stem
The problem will be taking the capsule out of the stem. You will have to push it from the other end or let the capsule protrude enough to be able to grab it to take it out (in this case you'll also have to be careful when I setting the stem in the chamber).

Personally I find the sucking method of loading so easy that TBH I wonder how the capsuals are any easier or more discrete
Each time I straw suck herbs in my TM stem I get weird looks from people around, even friends. Dropping a prefilled capsule into the chamber is more discreet and it's also a bit easier especially if there is wind outside.
Those little capsules also smell less than an open little container of ground herbs and no one can see the herbs.

For on the go use do you just use a stash jar or something for the ground herb and suck it up from there
I also do this most of the time but use the capsules if I really need more discretion (crowded public places like train stations for exemple, or when I'm inside and use my smokebuddy).

I tried the capsule without lid and it works well. I could put the capsule open end facing the heater with the load just temped enough the nothing spilled out of the capsule even though I just dropped the capsule in the chamber (with a bit of care). The smoother, gentler solution would be having the stem in hand (mouth side down), puting the capsule on it, open side up, and sliding the TM on the stem+capsule. This way nothing can spill.

I also tried putting the capsule open side up and the stem sitting on it. I ended up having that capsule load partially sucked into the stem and it maid quite a mess when took that capsule out of (Nothing that can't be arranged by a good blow though).

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’ve been straw-sucking TM stems for 3.5 years. Couldn’t be happier. BEST. VAPE. EVER! I use small jarvials to store ground flower; could be used for most vapes too. Very pocketable too. I don’t mind. I’ve never tried capsules nor have any desire or need. My OG TM rocks every single time. :peace:

gangababa

Thanks guys I think I might just do that and buy a thin jar for ground herb and in the mean time I'll try the open capsules! I'm really enjoying it so far. The taste on low temps is ridiculous!
Totally agree about low temperature efficiency.
As I stay home, I use the long cooling stem almost exclusively; I have three.
One CU half acts as a depth stop for a no-lid capsule, or for a dose with lid.
A rimmed screen can be used to hold a capsule (no lid) further from the fire. (TM1 forum idea from ?)
I use the CU half without a screen and made a paper-clip tool for removing the CU/2.
20230709-120716.jpg

20230709-120410.jpg

20230709-120858.jpg

stuey

The problem will be taking the capsule out of the stem. You will have to push it from the other end or let the capsule protrude enough to be able to grab it to take it out (in this case you'll also have to be careful when I setting the stem in the chamber).
I know dude hence proof of concept! if that works an insert could be made
btw the capsule sticks out a ton!!! more than you would think.. try it! and the capsule moves back from the heating unit in sync.... mechanically this works.. I tried it ... so before next problem.. try it

Thanks guys I think I might just do that and buy a thin jar for ground herb and in the mean time I'll try the open capsules! I'm really enjoying it so far. The taste on low temps is ridiculous!
thats what I ended up with

takes 1g easily 2 g at a push but the suck method works well with these

honestly the capsule moves back at the same speed as you press it in so long as you dont press it in by the true force of god.. press normally.
Each time I straw suck herbs in my TM stem I get weird looks from people around, even friends. Dropping a prefilled capsule into the chamber is more discreet and it's also a bit easier especially if there is wind outside.
Those little capsules also smell less than an open little container of ground herbs and no one can see the herbs.

The looks.. time better looks.. The smell .. I dont get it .. honestly its the other way around for me..... I blow my chamber out straight after ... well more or less... and thats also the start or end of an old fashioned joke LOL
but seriously Im using a wooden stem here .... its really not picking uo the smell as connection neans we arent picking so much tar as with smoking
I also do this most of the time but use the capsules if I really need more discretion (crowded public places like train stations for exemple, or when I'm inside and use my smokebuddy).

I tried the capsule without lid and it works well. I could put the capsule open end facing the heater with the load just temped enough the nothing spilled out of the capsule even though I just dropped the capsule in the chamber (with a bit of care). The smoother, gentler solution would be having the stem in hand (mouth side down), puting the capsule on it, open side up, and sliding the TM on the stem+capsule. This way nothing can spill.

I also tried putting the capsule open side up and the stem sitting on it. I ended up having that capsule load partially sucked into the stem and it maid quite a mess when took that capsule out of (Nothing that can't be arranged by a good blow though).

Last edited:
stuey,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Using the new TM2 SS Pods/Capsules with an empty 1/2 CU, the oring on the CU blocks the air already, and it’s forced through it, as it has no other place to go.

For cooling, I insert my Simrell Vortex into the top of the short stock TM glass stem, or occasionally use a different 1/2 CU that is packed with tiny SS balls.

RustyOldNail,

stuey

Using the new TM2 SS Pods/Capsules with an empty 1/2 CU, the oring on the CU blocks the air already, and it’s forced through it, as it has no other place to go.
You are completely right dude but in the back of my head there was a reason you couldn't make a seal with the capsule and the CU
as they are both metal and really hard SO the problem is still the air going around the capsule and eventually through the CU .. try it .. dont try it .. but there is no seal between the CU and the capsule .. not one that air movement respects.... surely

Last edited:
stuey,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
You are completely right dude but in the back of my head there was a reason you couldn't make a seal with the capsule and the CU
as they are both metal and really hard SO the problem is still the air going around the capsule and eventually through the CU .. try it .. dont try it .. but there is no seal between the CU and the capsule .. not one that air movement respects.... surely

Well dude, the pod has a rim, as well as the CU, when drawing and creating a vacuum, my pod mates with the CU. Perhaps not a complete air seal, but I would bet unmeasurable, and for me not worth losing the ability to just let my spent pod, dump right out into my tray, and quickly reload. Glad you like the hack…..

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: stuey

stuey

Well dude, the pod has a rim, as well as the CU, when drawing and creating a vacuum, my pod mates with the CU. Perhaps not a complete air seal, but I would bet unmeasurable, and for me not worth losing the ability to just let my spent pod, dump right out into my tray, and quickly reload. Glad you like the hack…..
This is the thing dude.. I dont trust that one joint that you are on about... I think the O-Ring makes the difference.

If you try this and say it works.. or it dosent,, I will believe you. make a video and everyone will know. like Nr1 then Nr3

stuey,

Momor

Unfortunately I don't have TM capsules and don't really plan on buying them as the S&B ones suit me well.
I would be curious to see how easy it is to take a capsule with o-ring on it, on and out.

The smell .. I dont get it
I wasn't talking about the smell of the stem but the smell of your little jar or grinder full of ground herbs when you open it In order to straw suck your load. Smell is more contained in the capsules.
No need to blow ABV or use some kind of debowler.

Momor,
Top Bottom