TinyMight / TM 2

tokenknifeguy

How much more durable is the tm2 over the original? I had the TM1 and knocked it over on the table and it broke one of the ceramic pins holding the heater together. I sent it back and got it fixed. But now it seems like my heater isn't working like it should. I dropped it a while back and everything seemed fine, but at one point I noticed my bowls were getting a lot darker than what I was used to at 6. So I dropped it down to 5. Now it seems at 6 I can't get it dark brown like I used too. I just had to turn it up to 8. I know it isn't hitting as hot as it used to. So is the TM2 more study and able to withstand falls? I know that is a lot to ask but I really don't have any faith in my TM1 withstanding any abuse.

tokenknifeguy,

Cacahuates

Oh no sorry to hear that @tokenknifeguy.
I've dropped my 1.5 a few times and it's been ok. Worst drop was 4 1/2 feet on a tile floor...wind blew it off the window sil...what the heck.
I know I'm just delaying the inevitable here but I'm trying to refrain from getting a TM2. I got a 1.5 last year and what an improvement over the 1st gen. I'm totally satisfied with it but can the 2 be that much better?
I've accepted I will get one in near the future.

Cacahuates,
Reactions: cosimo

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How much more durable is the tm2 over the original? I had the TM1 and knocked it over on the table and it broke one of the ceramic pins holding the heater together. I sent it back and got it fixed. But now it seems like my heater isn't working like it should. I dropped it a while back and everything seemed fine, but at one point I noticed my bowls were getting a lot darker than what I was used to at 6. So I dropped it down to 5. Now it seems at 6 I can't get it dark brown like I used too. I just had to turn it up to 8. I know it isn't hitting as hot as it used to. So is the TM2 more study and able to withstand falls? I know that is a lot to ask but I really don't have any faith in my TM1 withstanding any abuse.

Yes if you read the differences as shared here the TM2 is built more robust in general, could be an easy fix for your TM1, or just send it back... With any vape every drop is a risk really you never know, random luck

FelixVonTrapp

If I’m understanding correctly it isn’t hitting as hard now as it used to. Have you tried to loosen the bottom plate and kind of shimmy it back and forth a little? I had an issue where it didn’t appear to be hitting as hard and I tried that trick and it seemed to work.
Good luck!

tokenknifeguy

Oh no sorry to hear that @tokenknifeguy.
I've dropped my 1.5 a few times and it's been ok. Worst drop was 4 1/2 feet on a tile floor...wind blew it off the window sil...what the heck.
I know I'm just delaying the inevitable here but I'm trying to refrain from getting a TM2. I got a 1.5 last year and what an improvement over the 1st gen. I'm totally satisfied with it but can the 2 be that much better?
I've accepted I will get one in near the future.
Well I finally took the TM apart and just checked things out to make sure everything was like it is supposed to be. It was kinda dirty from fallen particles. I cleaned it up real good and I just took my first hit on 7, and I got the dark brown ring and a massive hit. So hopefully it is working like new. I'm not too sure what I really did, as it wasn't really dirty, but did have some particles make it down through the screen.

I was about to give up and see about trading in the TM for the TM2 (supposedly they have some deal). Glad its working good now. But still probably need to get that TM2 so I can have the TM as my backup.

@tokenknifeguy
The easiest thing to start with is making sure that bottom screw is tight, then I would start diving deeper with dissasemly.
The bottom screw was actually still nice and tight when I took it apart. I cleaned it up and it works great again. Not really sure what I really did, as it wasn't real 'dirty'.

If I’m understanding correctly it isn’t hitting as hard now as it used to. Have you tried to loosen the bottom plate and kind of shimmy it back and forth a little? I had an issue where it didn’t appear to be hitting as hard and I tried that trick and it seemed to work.
Good luck!
I took it apart just now and it is working like normal. Not sure what I did, but this could be what actually fixed it. After taking the screw out, it was real hard to get the bottom piece off, as it was stuck pretty good.

gangababa

Corrosion people! Our Tinymights can be mighty tight, but that does not mean that there is no corrosion, hindering power-flow at certain particular places.
Uninhibited electrical contact is required between the heater strap and top cover.
Uninhibited electrical contact is required between the circuit board contacts and the lower cover.
Uninhibited electrical contact is required between the two covers; the screw threads in the top cover and the screw head at the bottom cover.
Aluminum and stainless steel are dissimilar metals, and while not the worst perhaps, corrosion is common between two different metals.

Zipford

Do TM2 owners and those with version 1.5 get down to one battery buzz on startup and still get good draws? I do with a replaced board (in Sept. ‘22) in my OG TM. It’s wonderfully insane and welcomed since this never happened with the original board; it only went down to 2 buzzes.

Needless to say, the Tinymight is amazing (yes I said it again :D).:peace:
I'm think I have a TM 1.5 (not 100% sure because I'm not sure there is any way to be sure), but I rarely got one buzz and when I did, I could not get 3 hits before the battery would die. I'm using past tense because now when I get two buzzes that is the last session for me before charging the battery (and at that point the voltage is around 3.58-3.6).

Relatedly, is there any good way to know which "version" of TM1 I have?

Zipford,

Petetbay

Apparently POTV now sells the TM2 in stock in their US and Canadian stores, that’s a good thing.

Last edited:
Last edited:

staircase slight of hand

Not everyone has access to Instagram.
Anything in particular keeping you from being able to access it? I have friends in some generally Facebook-unfriendly locations that have never had issues connecting to IG; I’m guessing we could help troubleshoot your access issues if you’re more specific.

staircase slight of hand,
Reactions: Grass Yes

gangababa

Not everyone has access to Instagram.
De acuerdo! I am amazed by how many businesses can only be accessed via Facebook or Instagram, as though everyone used these.
Or, if they are going to use Facebook, (etc) OK. But when their pages can only be accessed by signed-up users, not all say OK.
I don't and thus my money never goes to these businesses,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Anything in particular keeping you from being able to access it? I have friends in some generally Facebook-unfriendly locations that have never had issues connecting to IG; I’m guessing we could help troubleshoot your access issues if you’re more specific.
Some, myself included, don’t have Instagram accounts. Never wanted to and not much into social media. :peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh, “not able to access” meaning “unwilling to access”. That makes more sense.

Haha yeah, I had the same needless concerns before setting up an anonymous Instagram to help me stay on top of vape stuff and fall down a rabbit hole of glass buying!

Also, This is my stem from Dellene Peralta:

Oh wow, how much was this? Do you know how much the other ones are?? I know Good Vibes Boro can also do stuff like this with his man Eric Duyette, but the price goes up the more it is fully worked with color especially, curious how much of a market there would be for stems like this... Most of my heavy stuff is a bit more universal so I can use it with more vapes than just my TM although I have some really nice GVB TM stems too of course...

SquirrelMaster

Haha yeah, I had the same needless concerns before setting up an anonymous Instagram to help me stay on top of vape stuff and fall down a rabbit hole of glass buying!

Oh wow, how much was this? Do you know how much the other ones are?? I know Good Vibes Boro can also do stuff like this with his man Eric Duyette, but the price goes up the more it is fully worked with color especially, curious how much of a market there would be for stems like this... Most of my heavy stuff is a bit more universal so I can use it with more vapes than just my TM although I have some really nice GVB TM stems too of course...
I was told $90 for 3 mushroom stems and $150 for a real mushroom. They're pretty unique so it's nice to see another very different stem options for a Tinymight owners.

CloudForestWoodcraft

Insta: CloudForestWoodcraft
Accessory Maker
De acuerdo! I am amazed by how many businesses can only be accessed via Facebook or Instagram, as though everyone used these.
Or, if they are going to use Facebook, (etc) OK. But when their pages can only be accessed by signed-up users, not all say OK.
I don't and thus my money never goes to these businesses,

I’ve been working (slowly) on building a simple e-commerce shop to sell my accessories on …. It’s been a very slow process 😅.

While there are many templates, hosting sites, and payment processing plugins, etc out there putting it all together can be challenging for someone like me who’s not very savvy in that area of understanding.

The next step is to pay someone, but I need to save funds since it’s a fairly hefty bill when you get bring someone else into the picture.

In contrast, with Insta, Facebook and reddit I could get started right away showing examples of my items and work while prioritizing my focus on making more items.

Just some ramblings from someone who knows he needs a legit site, but has been moving slow on the creation of it.

Top Bottom