TinyMight / TM 2

SquirrelMaster

Since it's new, there is a very good chance it's your draw speed. Inhale should be low, slow and sustained.
Even just above level 5 it sounds like his device is running way to hot if hot spotting is occurring. I have to crank my temperature to start getting dark spots and I have a pretty quick inhale. I'm typically starting at 3.5-4 and finishing at 6-7. My AVB does not come out dark by any means.

gangababa

The following is based upon knowledge gained from reading words and perusing pictures.
The pictures were posted online by a user who had problems. I have tried to crop out all the sources of "what is that?" questions,
so no questions please. Simply pay attention to the engineering.

TM2 has several out-of-sight design changes addressing known TM1 issues.
Obviously the entire circuit board had to be redesigned when the battery polarity was reversed.
There is still a battery-PCB contact spring, now negative polarity, (as show in post # 20528 from @FelixVonTrapp).

The new charger relocation seemingly uses the USB C connector to back-up (reinforce) the PCB contact button, more securely fixing the button in place. Apparently, the parts do not contact, however the PCB is reinforced in this area.
The bottom cover is obviously redesigned for the USB C, but unseen on the other side there is a post (peg) located just about under the battery contact on the circuit board. I suspect the post assures that the PCB can't sag there.
Bottom-Cover-Peg.jpg

@VapeForHealth, perhaps you can detail more the process of getting the (now positive polarity) heater-strap secured in place under the top cover when you reassembled your TM2. For more secure electronics, the heater-strap is clamped between the cover and new screw-plate, but the glass installed before the cover is placed, makes this near impossible. (I have some ideas, but worry about the reportedly captive screw pictured.)
TM2-upper-cover-detail.jpg

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Just throwing this out there for those having issues with their TM. In November I was in Jamaica and my TM just stopped working. I took it down there new and leave it there to avoid traveling with residue. So I gave it a very thorough cleaning including the threads on the battery compartment lid. Right before packing it away for the balance of my stay, I put a battery in to see if it would fire. I suspect there was oxidation on the battery lid threads as it fired right up. I've not had this issue with my TM here in NY, but then again we don't have the salt in the air as they do down there. Likkle more!

VapeForHealth

@VapeForHealth, perhaps you can detail more the process of getting the (now positive polarity) heater-strap secured in place under the top cover when you reassembled your TM2. For more secure electronics, the heater-strap is clamped between the cover and new screw-plate, but the glass installed before the cover is placed, makes this near impossible. (I have some ideas, but worry about the reportedly captive screw pictured.)
TM2-upper-cover-detail.jpg
I have no idea how to approach that issue as I did not attempt to remove the captive screw. Hopefully someone will chime in with some more information as I would also like to know.

VapeForHealth,
Reactions: BigJr48

gangababa

I have no idea how to approach that issue as I did not attempt to remove the captive screw. Hopefully someone will chime in with some more information as I would also like to know.
When replacing the top cover, how did you get the heater strap between the two metal pieces (cover and screw plate)?
Did you just place the cover over the strap, or work the metal strap into place between the two metal pieces, before tightening the screw?

It seems to me that the re-engineered top cover, plate, and screw make sense only if the heater strap is securely clamped to the upper cover.

Changing subjects; My order placed march 1st has just arrived from China. Two 80 mm stems, a long cooling stem with rimmed basket, plus a cooling unit all shipped for only $35.97. However, Uruguay customs added $27.66 to that, so I paid $63.63. Everything seems of OEM quality and totals some $32 US less than from Finland.

Nog

Changing subjects; My order placed march 1st has just arrived from China. Two 80 mm stems, a long cooling stem with rimmed basket, plus a cooling unit all shipped for only $35.97. However, Uruguay customs added $27.66 to that, so I paid $63.63. Everything seems of OEM quality and totals some $32 US less than from Finland.

Have you had to send the TM back to Finland for service? If so what was the experience importing it back into the country? I'm also in SA (Brazil) and my TM2 gets here this week (brother-in-law brought it from the US). I'm scared of having to send it out for service and paying a ton to have it "re-imported" back into the country. Hopefully my TM2 is a champ and doesn't turn into an expensive decoration lol.

gangababa

Have you had to send the TM back to Finland for service? If so what was the experience importing it back into the country? I'm also in SA (Brazil) and my TM2 gets here this week (brother-in-law brought it from the US). I'm scared of having to send it out for service and paying a ton to have it "re-imported" back into the country. Hopefully my TM2 is a champ and doesn't turn into an expensive decoration lol.
Boa tarde
I have had my TM2 for two months without problems. My wife brought it back from the States.
In Uruguay a dilemma for me is getting good li-on batteries and spare parts (largely due to aduana-thus the eBay order). I have wondered about aduana and how much it might cost to receive a warranty repair from 'el exterior", considering that I've had to pay aduana for the value of gifts.

It is for this that I seek to know as much as possible about the vape, because (except for the circuit board) I expect to be doing DIY repairs if ever needed. Meanwhile, 'es una buena compañera' (Vaporizadora is feminine).

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Hey guys, popping by to tell you that I am now making tm/tm2 wpas and stems too if anyone wanted one. I was originally making a new wpa for the enano xl and as it turned out the tubing I was using had the perfect ID for I the xl but, to my surprise it also had the perfect OD for the rn and tm2. I’ve sold a bunch of them for the xl and am hoping some of those buyers also have Tim’s to try them on and provide you all with some feedback. I use one on my personal TM and it’s fantastic. If there is interest please speak up and I will provide further details. I know there are already 1 or 2 glassblowers making accessories for the platform so I don’t know what the market is like for TM accessories but, I do know I’ve got some really great ones.

Thanks

Varden

Hey guys, popping by to tell you that I am now making tm/tm2 wpas and stems too if anyone wanted one. I was originally making a new wpa for the enano xl and as it turned out the tubing I was using had the perfect ID for I the xl but, to my surprise it also had the perfect OD for the rn and tm2. I’ve sold a bunch of them for the xl and am hoping some of those buyers also have Tim’s to try them on and provide you all with some feedback. I use one on my personal TM and it’s fantastic. If there is interest please speak up and I will provide further details. I know there are already 1 or 2 glassblowers making accessories for the platform so I don’t know what the market is like for TM accessories but, I do know I’ve got some really great ones.

Thanks
Do you have a website where we can check what you are offering?

VapeForHealth

When replacing the top cover, how did you get the heater strap between the two metal pieces (cover and screw plate)?
Did you just place the cover over the strap, or work the metal strap into place between the two metal pieces, before tightening the screw?
I didn't have to do anything other than take the top cover off, insert O-Ring and put the top cover back on. The piece attached to the captured screw in your picture was not attached to the top cover as shown in the picture you posted.

VapeForHealth,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Do you have a website where we can check what you are offering?
I don’t have a website. My glasswork is all on my instagram (@JoDa_Glass). It doesn’t show any vape accessories there, I don’t really market them because the market is quite small and limited. You can see there though where my skills are at now a days. However if you look in the recent last couple of pages over on the enano xl thread you can see usage videos of the wpas with the nano. It is exactly the same as I make them for the TM. They just happen to work for both.

CloudForestWoodcraft

Insta: CloudForestWoodcraft
Accessory Maker
I don’t have a website. My glasswork is all on my instagram (@JoDa_Glass). It doesn’t show any vape accessories there, I don’t really market them because the market is quite small and limited. You can see there though where my skills are at now a days. However if you look in the recent last couple of pages over on the enano xl thread you can see usage videos of the wpas with the nano. It is exactly the same as I make them for the TM. They just happen to work for both.
Awesome work - The more accessory makers out there the better!

How long is that great stem and where can I get one?

The stem in TM, it’s just the stock XL stem w/ a bent neck. It’s my go-to when not using an 18mm wpa and JHook.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
https://ibb.co/hHR9pKh

https://ibb.co/gDWxLBp

This is my personal wpa. It is a carbed version (which I highly recommend if you don’t care for lifting all your gear off your rig to clear it). The non carbed version has smaller solid “cool grip rings” in place of the large hollow carb ring.

Also notice the bevel that I grind at the top. This allows for a smoother start when inserting the wpa.

sickmanfraud

I only switched to Molicel batteries 8-9 months ago.

Can someone explain why the P28 is cheaper than the P26? Am I missing something?

Also, how many are using both TM1 and TM2? Any issues with inserting a battery into the TM1 upside down and shorting it out?

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: BigJr48

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Also, how many are using both TM1 and TM2? Any issues with inserting a battery into the TM1 upside down and shorting it out?
I don’t own a TM2 and have an OG TM. I accidentally inserted the battery the wrong way last Fall and fried the board and sent it in for RMA. It’s been working fine since. We all need to be aware the polarity is reversed between the 2 models, that’s all. :peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I only switched to Molicel batteries 8-9 months ago.

Can someone explain why the P28 is cheaper than the P26? Am I missing something?

Yeah they are essentially the same, only a difference of 200mah at most, the prices changed as they phase out the older one... And I haven't used my TM1 in a long time now but I keep meaning to, more often than not I make the mistake of inserting the battery down in my TM2 because most vapes I insert the positive end down... I pretty much always stop myself pull it out and pop it back in before putting the cap on so I'd hope I would do the same with my TM1 if I ever make any mistake there!

Vaporific

Didn’t Tinymight make with the upgraded board (i.e. version 1.5) and in the TM2 protection if we do insert the battery the wrong way and turn it on? I don’t recall if this was introduced and working to prevent issues (nor am I asking anyone to try it either, of course). Obviously, insert batteries the correct way depending on which version you have to avoid any issue! :peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Didn’t Tinymight make with the upgraded board (i.e. version 1.5) and in the TM2 protection if we do insert the battery the wrong way and turn it on? I don’t recall if this was introduced and working to prevent issues (nor am I asking anyone to try it either, of course). Obviously, insert batteries the correct way depending on which version you have to avoid any issue! :peace:

Yes I would not ever risk it with my OG TM since it is older for sure, but my second TM was bought about 14 months after, and may have the protection built in... Although it may not, since there was another version after and then the 1.5 I believe?? Ehh yeah I'm not going to test specifically, but at some point probably going to upgrade it eventually to become my second TM2 regardless!

gangababa

I have had the Tinymight f2 or three months now. I did not have previous, but certainly have read many words here about many things TM related.
From day one my habit/ ritual when inserting a battery has been:
Slide the battery in with the TM on its side, avoiding dropping the battery into place; negative end first.
Turn upright and look at the underside of the cap and see a black color +
Look at the battery and see a cross (+) pattern of the positive terminal and also black ring (on my Molicel batteries).
Screw the top on, feel the vibration and give the top very little more torque.

With three P28 batteries I seem to always have one in the charger, one charged in a drawer, and one discharging in my hand.
Still, I ought to have bought two more too.

Vaporific

Do TM2 owners and those with version 1.5 get down to one battery buzz on startup and still get good draws? I do with a replaced board (in Sept. ‘22) in my OG TM. It’s wonderfully insane and welcomed since this never happened with the original board; it only went down to 2 buzzes.

Needless to say, the Tinymight is amazing (yes I said it again :D).:peace:

Top Bottom