TinyMight / TM 2

DryBonesufo

I’ve taken my TM to FL from MA several times, no issues. I have a homemade hard shell case which I use to store it and travel with. Don’t keep a battery in the unit and store it separately. If your TM smells from residual odor I would clean it as to not attract unwanted attention. Safe travels. :peace:

EDIT: FAA guidelines also require batteries to be in carry on’s, not packed in checked bags. I use the plastic battery cases that came with purchased batts, FYI.
I was thinking of flying out with my tetra since it looks more like a box mod .. but the TM2 has been a beast

DryBonesufo,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I was thinking of flying out with my tetra since it looks more like a box mod .. but the TM2 has been a beast
My TM has traveled both far and near outside my home; in my car, to the gym, etc. I’ve once taken my P80 to a friend’s house and that was the only time it left my house. The TM (I have the OG) is a bit more pocketable. I don’t baby it too much honestly but its not like I’m throwing it around. My standard setup is mostly with the short stock stem and a rubber cap which covers more than half the stem so I don’t worry about it much when I’m on-the-go locally. It’s easy to wax poetic about my favorite vape :). :peace:

bm96

Is anyone here worried about the long term durability of the wood on this device? past the 10yr warranty? It's about the only thing holding me back from buying one. I do hope this $375 device is built to last for a very long time, despite the battery.

Even when moisturized wood naturally splits and cracks, especially with quick heats and cooldowns. there's still natural imperfections in the wood that can lead to larger ones. I wonder if they even offer replacement work for the wood casing.

bm96,
  • Haha
Reactions: Petetbay

Dr. G

Old Resident
Is anyone here worried about the long term durability of the wood on this device? past the 10yr warranty? It's about the only thing holding me back from buying one. I do hope this $375 device is built to last for a very long time, despite the battery.

Even when moisturized wood naturally splits and cracks, especially with quick heats and cooldowns. there's still natural imperfections in the wood that can lead to larger ones. I wonder if they even offer replacement work for the wood casing.
I personally am not worried about the wood...I take a look at mine everyday because I use it everyday and now and then, I give it a good rub down with the wax and its still very vibrant...I also, use LabetKomp covers...Duba makes really nice sleeves and full covers to protect even further...she makes also, the ones with holes if you want to see the wood through the sleeve...the TM is made very well...this is my second one. I still use both units. Excellent. I personally do not want anything to last me ten years...LOL its nice to know but, technology changes always for the better...I do not want to be stuck with old tech ten years from now.

bm96

I personally am not worried about the wood...I take a look at mine everyday because I use it everyday and now and then, I give it a good rub down with the wax and its still very vibrant...I also, use LabetKomp covers...Duba makes really nice sleeves and full covers to protect even further...she makes also, the ones with holes if you want to see the wood through the sleeve...the TM is made very well...this is my second one. I still use both units. Excellent. I personally do not want anything to last me ten years...LOL its nice to know but, technology changes always for the better...I do not want to be stuck with old tech ten years from now.
Good to know there are cases for it. However I would like a device that lasts me a "lifetime". If this vape still has you wanting more and eager for what would be on the market in 10 years it sounds like the performance isn't where it should be.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Good to know there are cases for it. However I would like a device that lasts me a "lifetime". If this vape still has you wanting more and eager for what would be on the market in 10 years it sounds like the performance isn't where it should be.
My experience is a bit different...I love vapes and experimenting with different ones...choices. I buy quality items and hope they last a long time. I believe my vape will be here long after I am gone...and still working. The TM IS a work horse and it IS everything I ever wanted in a vape. It is also, for me...very reliable. There is no guarantee if something that is suppose to last for ten years will. I am not going to worry about it like that. It has a warranty and that is good enough. It is SAFE? That is the best part. TM is the best...my top four. I love my vape. I do hope you get one...you will be very happy you did. I went through a whole year buying crap looking for the best and finally finding this Forum and guided...

SquirrelMaster

That sounds like @Dr. G VAS is speaking.

There are logs out there that have lasted decades with way more on time than a Tinymight would see.

2minTurkish

Can anyone help me troubleshoot my TM1.5 that's lost power? Right now I don't get any vapor below 9. I have tried cleaning contacts, using fresh batteries, checking the o-rings, adding a piece of foil to the battery strip, adding a small wedge in between the battery strip and the ring that holds the glass in place and still nothing. It looks like I'll have to send it in at this point, but I figured I'd check here one last time before I do that.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Can anyone help me troubleshoot my TM1.5 that's lost power? Right now I don't get any vapor below 9. I have tried cleaning contacts, using fresh batteries, checking the o-rings, adding a piece of foil to the battery strip, adding a small wedge in between the battery strip and the ring that holds the glass in place and still nothing. It looks like I'll have to send it in at this point, but I figured I'd check here one last time before I do that.
Have you tried different batteries? Since you’ve taken it apart, that covers the simple loosen the screw a bit and then tighten it again, which has worked for others (and myself) on occasion. I think you’ve covered most of the troubleshooting steps suggested herein over time. Hope you get it sorted out. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
It sounds like you've done everything except a recalibration. Good luck!

ld

My experience is a bit different...I love vapes and experimenting with different ones...choices. I buy quality items and hope they last a long time. I believe my vape will be here long after I am gone...and still working. The TM IS a work horse and it IS everything I ever wanted in a vape. It is also, for me...very reliable. There is no guarantee if something that is suppose to last for ten years will. I am not going to worry about it like that. It has a warranty and that is good enough. It is SAFE? That is the best part. TM is the best...my top four. I love my vape. I do hope you get one...you will be very happy you did. I went through a whole year buying crap looking for the best and finally finding this Forum and guided...
I totally agree that new items and features keep getting better and better. Being older and semi-retired allows me the time to enjoy all of them. I ordered the TM2 3-weeks ago and it was defective so had to send it back. It looks like I may receive the new one tomorrow. I’ve been sticking with AVLP and Dynavap mostly. But my old Lotus pipe still works great as does the MFLB. Was not a fan of IQ, Ghost MV1 (although the dosing cap container works with the AVLP caps). Can anyone tell me if they prefer using dosing caps on the TM2? I didn’t order any yet, but all of the vids I’ve watched, seem to be easily emptied and cleaned pretty easily? Thx for any input.

ld,

bm96

Dang, thanks for sharing your experience with that faulty unit! @Petetbay probably doesn't find this funny though, sadly.

bm96,
Reactions: ld

badbee

I totally agree that new items and features keep getting better and better. Being older and semi-retired allows me the time to enjoy all of them. I ordered the TM2 3-weeks ago and it was defective so had to send it back. It looks like I may receive the new one tomorrow. I’ve been sticking with AVLP and Dynavap mostly. But my old Lotus pipe still works great as does the MFLB. Was not a fan of IQ, Ghost MV1 (although the dosing cap container works with the AVLP caps). Can anyone tell me if they prefer using dosing caps on the TM2? I didn’t order any yet, but all of the vids I’ve watched, seem to be easily emptied and cleaned pretty easily? Thx for any input.
I haven't tried the dosing caps but I would estimate that comments here run about 3 to 1 against them. Most people seem to feel they rob some strength out of the hit without increasing convenience enough to be worth it. The other 1/3 feel the convenience was worth it and the trade off wasn't significant.

CloudForestWoodcraft

Insta: CloudForestWoodcraft
Accessory Maker
I haven't tried the dosing caps but I would estimate that comments here run about 3 to 1 against them. Most people seem to feel they rob some strength out of the hit without increasing convenience enough to be worth it. The other 1/3 feel the convenience was worth it and the trade off wasn't significant.

This sums up well my experience and feelings about them.

CloudForestWoodcraft,

ChipNJ

This sums up well my experience and feelings about them.
I did not like the dosing caps for the TM. I do like preloading the rimmed basket screens. As I have said in the past, the only reason I still use my Mighty+ is the ease of dosing caps with the Mighty+. But rimmed basket screens with the TM2 taste so much better.

ld

I did not like the dosing caps for the TM. I do like preloading the rimmed basket screens. As I have said in the past, the only reason I still use my Mighty+ is the ease of dosing caps with the Mighty+. But rimmed basket screens with the TM2 taste so much better.
Thx for the info. I’m looking for images or vids to see how you use the baskets? Without lids how are you stacking them? s-b caddy you mentioned long ago? Very anxious to receive it tomorrow (hopefully). Sorry for all the questions, but Jersey boys have to stick together.

ld,
Reactions: ChipNJ

Dr. G

Old Resident
I agree with this comment lots...the TM is very easy to load on a rimmed basket screen. I have never had a problem with this. Also, when I have used the capsule it certainly restricts airflow for me.

Dr. G,
Reactions: ld

ld

I agree with this comment lots...the TM is very easy to load on a rimmed basket screen. I have never had a problem with this. Also, when I have used the capsule it certainly restricts airflow for me.
Are the baskets used mostly for water? I’d love to see images to understand.

ld,

Zeno

The rimmed basket screens that are designed for the TM are great. Make sure they are specifically for the TM as some of the other basket screens that are around protrude too much and get caught on the rubber O-ring. If you want more capacity you can get rimless screens that fit inside the stem. In my opinion the ones sold by TM are fairly horrible. They are not very stable and tend to move and tilt. If you gum up your stem and don't clean it they stay better, but that's hardly a wonderful solution. The bucket screens sold for the TM by the Rogue Wax Works are great---top quality, they can be positioned quite nicely, generally stay put, and they are tapered slightly so the contents are more comprehensively infused with the heated air.

The baskets are essentially for any stem. They face the heater. The other end of the stem would be the WPA or the mouthpiece, etc.

ld

The rimmed basket screens that are designed for the TM are great. Make sure they are specifically for the TM as some of the other basket screens that are around protrude too much and get caught on the rubber O-ring. If you want more capacity you can get rimless screens that fit inside the stem. In my opinion the ones sold by TM are fairly horrible. They are not very stable and tend to move and tilt. If you gum up your stem and don't clean it they stay better, but that's hardly a wonderful solution. The bucket screens sold for the TM by the Rogue Wax Works are great---top quality, they can be positioned quite nicely, generally stay put, and they are tapered slightly so the contents are more comprehensively infused with the heated air.

The baskets are essentially for any stem. They face the heater. The other end of the stem would be the WPA or the mouthpiece, etc.
Thank you for your input.

ld,

rageweary

Definitely agree. I bought quite a few different screens and TRWW and ones someone posted on here from ebay are very nice. The rimmed baskets are my favorite so far

gangababa

Dosing capsules can be useful even if you don't use dosing capsules.

Four dosing capsules without covers and a disassembled CU (all open toward the oven end) make a decent and workable and easy to clean cooling stem.
20230212-160024.jpg

Top Bottom