TinyMight / TM 2

FelixVonTrapp

Not that I’m a taste snob however I bought my TM nearly three years ago as my first portable vape with a truly dedicated glass stem. Love it this way with glass only. Maybe a titanium stem might work, and I know the TM2 comes with one or we could purchase one from a few members herein now making these as accessories. To each their own of course but I greatly enjoy the glass experience with my portable vapes. :peace:
Excellent point. I tried my best to avoid anything but glass when I first got the TM. Used the Grav upline and octotaster without basket screens. Even tried to insert glass screens (not terribly successfully).

CloudForestWoodcraft

Insta: CloudForestWoodcraft
Accessory Maker
Excellent point. I tried my best to avoid anything but glass when I first got the TM. Used the Grav upline and octotaster without basket screens. Even tried to insert glass screens (not terribly successfully).

I took the same journey haha.

For me, I think I’ve settled on a nice J hook w/ 18mm WPA and basket screen.

The basket screen is easy to clean, replace and is a consistent dosing method for me.

The 18mm WPA + J hook is nice and airy, using the TM on ~4 it feels like I’m just taking a nice deep breath of warm air, little to no resistance!

2-B1-B8-E5-E-D09-C-4277-BCBB-53-D3-C4-F03531.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What do you guys think about TM mouthpieces with and w/o liners?

I understand wanting the stem to the glass, Ti or SS, but what about the mouthpiece itself?

I just finished making my first lined mouthpiece (Purple Heart + 14mm wpa) but wow would it have been an easier process to forgo the 316 SS tube all together and use 100% wood for the mouthpiece.

Just looking for thoughts and feedback on ppls preferences to mouthpieces / liners, etc

177-B1-D29-8374-453-F-AECF-49-CE8-D57-B59-F.jpg

01-E5-A608-D810-40-AE-A9-A9-EE5-DDE80-EADA.jpg

0-EE5-AB99-D7-CE-419-D-A28-C-6-A89281666-B6.jpg

I agree that a liner is really nice, much better for pure vapor, depending on the wood it could be a sensitizer, also much easier to clean and keep clean, pristine, where is the wood become seasoned even if you clean it with wax etc... I have mixed feelings about even using a wood mouthpiece honestly haha but I would definitely prefer one like yours with the liner! I know they pose other complications, especially glass, and getting them to fit well with the variance in wood and how it changes, clearly tough for you to make too... I think you should just make sure to charge accordingly is all? even offer both

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I used to use an unlined wood stem with a Dynavap. It was nice and light and lasted until it split on one end. I didn't worry about anything in the wood because I never cleaned it. The diameter was so large that there was no need and the coating of reclaim covered any pores in the wood that were in the airpath. Safe enough for me anyway, YMMV.

I had a scare after just cleaning my OGB hook. It fell out of my hand and landed with a clank against my GVB bead stem. There was that tense feeling when I wondered if I just broke $100 worth of glass, but everyone survived it. I guess that's one big benefit for spending the money on thick boro glass that was annealed properly.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I am glad to see that Tinymight has included the Titanium stem again (back by popular demand it says on the website)...also, I see the toasted walnut unit is out too...did anyone purchase that one? Any photos? I would love to see it.

gangababa

Roasted walnut? I had to go to the Tinymight web site to see for myself.
Or over-ovened American Walnut. It is likely that oven baking (drying) of the wood bodies is part of the manufacturing process.

One batch was over-cooked and the bodies darkened and shrunk; note the web site says, "The heat treatment causes a little bit of shrinking so the fit with metal panels is not perfectly tight but it looks fine to us."

So Tinymight will sell it to you. Personally, I prefer a lighter American Walnut look.
image.png

My once was when burl wood was all the rage while American Walnut was hard to find, even plastic.

Just got my TM2 last week. I was able to use it quite a bit this weekend to "break it in". Definitely liking the flavor and amount of vapor. For those that are all about flavor/terps, what are your favorite attachments, settings, or "tricks" to maximize your enjoyment?

I've been hovering around 3-4 temp setting for very good flavor and sticking mostly with on-demand mode. Mostly using WPA with my little Defender bubbler.

Cheers!

mrjakes

Just got a TM 2 but it isn’t charging for some reason. All I’m getting is a flashing red led despite being plugged in for a couple hours. Any ideas?

mrjakes,
Just got a TM 2 but it isn’t charging for some reason. All I’m getting is a flashing red led despite being plugged in for a couple hours. Any ideas?
Battery in there correct side up? Should give you an LED indicator showing the battery power level when you screw the cap on tight enough.

Try taking the battery out and placing it back in while unplugged and screwing the cap back on. Did the led light up? What color?

noceb0,
Reactions: BigJr48

gangababa

This is a quote from the FAQ at tinymight.com (my emphasis)

"Tinymight uses very robust USB charging technology that basically requires you to have just a micro USB charging cable, and a quality USB adapter capable of supplying minimum 2A of current. If the vape is not charging, it can be because the battery is already too much full. The Tinymight requires battery voltage to drop until it allows a new charging cycle to begin. If it is not about this, and you are sure you have a good charging cable and adapter, then the charging electronics or connector might be damaged. In this case it is best to return the unit for repair."

gangababa,

mrjakes

I’m using a plug with a 3 A output. I’m pretty sure my battery is in the right place too. I made a video of the issue of you want to look at it.

Video

mrjakes,

stuey

I’m using a plug with a 3 A output. I’m pretty sure my battery is in the right place too. I made a video of the issue of you want to look at it.

Video

Can you plug something else into the charger cable and see if it charges etc? That way we can rule out both the charger and that cable.

stuey,

gangababa

Video
When the TM is being charged, the red light should be steady on, not blinking.
Take your TM off the charger, remove and reinstall the battery, turn the TM on.
Hopefully it will vibrate for times and the battery level light will be green. If so, it is fully charged; use it until the battery level drops and then try recharging.
The flashing red light suggests something is wrong.

ElMetrico

Does anyone know who I have to contact for ordering a short titanium stem? I remember someone was selling them around a year ago (I think) and I scrolled back in this thread but couldn't find it. Thank you! ;)

ElMetrico,
Top Bottom