• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

garett

Hey guys, i pulled the trigger and ordered my TM2 for a killer price.
I try to find an answer to my question, but its not easy with nearly 800 Pages. Maybe some of you can give me a quick answer.
Is the TM2 regulated or unregulated? Does it check the Battery life, Overheating etc.? I know that it must be somehow regulated because it tell you when Battery is low. But what about Overheating when you are in Session Mode? There is no Turn off timer as far as i know. So what happens when i forget it on my Table? Will it start to burn/explode? I have a few regulated Box Mods for my Splinter or Dramwood Glow, but they all have Time off, and they check everything about the Batterie.

And the last question. What about the Temp of the Heater next to the Batterie? Could this be a problem for the Batterie because it gets really hot there?

garett,

GoldenBud

It seems like I need to send my TM to Finland right? The button connection into the board went out... Used too much pressure probably
IMG-20221124-160403.jpg

CloudForestWoodcraft

Insta: CloudForestWoodcraft
Accessory Maker
It seems like I need to send my TM to Finland right? The button connection into the board went out... Used too much pressure probably
IMG-20221124-160403.jpg
I wonder if they could just send you a new board and you ship back the old one?

Alternatively, if it’s the actual connection between the button and the board - is it something you could fix w/ a little solder?

GoldenBud

Ok thanks ! I have no experience with soldering tho, mailed the CS mail
@garett it's a regulated device without a screen/LCD. but it's definately a regulated device.

GoldenBud,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Is the TM2 regulated or unregulated?
Usually 'regulated' refers to temperature control. An unregulated vape, like a Milaana for instance, has no temp control settings at all, it depends on the user to stop the heat by letting go of the power button.
The TM is fully regulated in that regard.

Others will have to answer the shutoff timer and battery status questions.
Have you looked to the manufacturer's user manual for TM2?

GoldenBud

Which screwdriver is needed to replace the board? it seems user replaceable too, he may send a new board maybe

GoldenBud,
  • Haha
Reactions: dzoinp

Chippl

Usually 'regulated' refers to temperature control. An unregulated vape, like a Milaana for instance, has no temp control settings at all, it depends on the user to stop the heat by letting go of the power button.
The TM is fully regulated in that regard.

Others will have to answer the shutoff timer and battery status questions.
Have you looked to the manufacturer's user manual for TM2?
I believe that in fact you are not setting the temperature (per se) by turning the potentiometer. You are rather setting the power that will be delivered to the heater.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I believe that in fact you are not setting the temperature (per se) by turning the potentiometer. You are rather setting the power that will be delivered to the heater.
Okay! Sounds like you know what you're talking about (more than I).
Still, it is distinguished from non-regulated in that it has some control and adjustment built in?

vapviking,

Chippl

Okay! Sounds like you know what you're talking about (more than I).
Still, it is distinguished from non-regulated in that it has some control and adjustment built in?
While I'm not 100%, I'm pretty convinced that's how it works. That's it :)

I did not read the whole conversation here, although I think that you might still call this vape a regulated one. I also believe that once the dial is set to some number and heater will reach this setting's equivalent temperature, it will maintain it as long as you hold the button (when in on-demand mode). But still not 100% sure :)

Chippl,

Momor

IMHO I think you're wrong. If you only set the power that goes through the heater, the heater would become more and more hot as long as the power is engaged. Like a regular e-cig in watt mode or an unregulated device like the Milana for exemple. Here the draw strength can play on the heat when taking a hit.
With the TM you set an approximate temps with the dial. The power delivered can fluctuate depending on your draw strength, time etc... The power varies in order to keep the coil a the same temp even though other parameters are changing.
Hope that makes sense ?

Chippl

IMHO I think you're wrong. If you only set the power that goes through the heater, the heater would become more and more hot as long as the power is engaged. Like a regular e-cig in watt mode or an unregulated device like the Milana for exemple. Here the draw strength can play on the heat when taking a hit.
With the TM you set an approximate temps with the dial. The power delivered can fluctuate depending on your draw strength, time etc... The power varies in order to keep the coil a the same temp even though other parameters are changing.
Hope that makes sense ?
You may be right, I am not so familiar with e-cigs etc. :) However...
In fact (if I'm not wrong) the current flows directly from the battery, through the top case, then through the heater, down to the electronics board. I'm no expert in electronics, but having seen the internals, this is more or less how it works. Theres no any temperature sensor, airflow sensor or anything like it to stabilize temperature and make it consistent (especially throughout a session, in session mode). So you are still not setting a temperature, but the power that will be delivered to the heater.

And, as you said, it still may be designed so the power to fluctuate in order to keep the temperature at the same (approximate) levels even though other parameters are changing :)

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
the current flows directly from the battery, through the top case, then through the heater, down to the electronics board.
Nope. Simplistically, the heater is connected to, and controlled by the board. I would assume the resistance of the coil is measured by the board to approximate a temperature (Google TCR) the brains adjust the power the heater is recieving to compensate for a reduction or increase in temperature at the coil (Google PID).

garett

Well, i am super far away from understanding this at all :)
Its more a question of, how safe is it to use with this kind of „regulation“? I have a few E-cig box-mods, and i take care of my batteries and i only use quality ones, and charge them external. I would call these mods as safe.

Can you call the TM safe aswell? Could Session Mode stress the batteries so hard that they outgas or explode?

garett,
  • Haha
Reactions: dzoinp

bardad

Hello, I have this battery in mode, is it suitable for TM2?

sony VTC 6 baterie 18650 30A

Technical parameters: Capacity: 2200mAh to 3000mAh Type: 18650 Class: B Discharge current: 30A Voltage: 3.6V Weight: 45g Designation: US18650VTC6

thank

bardad,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hello, I have this battery in mode, is it suitable for TM2?

sony VTC 6 baterie 18650 30A

Technical parameters: Capacity: 2200mAh to 3000mAh Type: 18650 Class: B Discharge current: 30A Voltage: 3.6V Weight: 45g Designation: US18650VTC6

thank
I had thought vtc 6 was 15A not 30A. Looks like the datasheet is misleading: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...ults-a-great-battery-equaling-hg2-30q.754649/

I would probably avoid this one for the TM as it may prove underpowered in practice. Although I believe this one was recommended in the past, I think you are better off with the Moliciel that now ships with the TM2.

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...

I had thought vtc 6 was 15A not 30A. Looks like the datasheet is misleading: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...ults-a-great-battery-equaling-hg2-30q.754649/

I would probably avoid this one for the TM as it may prove underpowered in practice. Although I believe this one was recommended in the past, I think you are better off with the Moliciel that now ships with the TM2.
I went to that link and it does say 15A so unless it is a mistake on the site, do not get it. Since the Molicel 28A is readily available and it is 35A AND it is the one shipped with a TM2, just stick with that. This is not something to save a couple of bucks over.

CaptBongRipper,

garett

garett,

garett

Underperformance .
Ok, so its not a „Burn my house down“ situation. I have absolutely no clue about the Batteries. I am super carefull and take care of them. How is it possible then to stress them so much that tjey outgas? Is it really always just broken or fake ones? How is it then possible that an unregulated boc-mod can make them explode?

garett,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Ok, so its not a „Burn my house down“ situation. I have absolutely no clue about the Batteries. I am super carefull and take care of them. How is it possible then to stress them so much that tjey outgas? Is it really always just broken or fake ones? How is it then possible that an unregulated boc-mod can make them explode?
I think this is what you are looking for: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/18650-battery-safety.18527/

Top Bottom