TinyMight / TM 2

Zipford

Curious about making your own bead stem for the TM2. Those Grav octotaster tubes have a glass screen on one end. If you filled one with boro beads, is it difficult to torch the other end and form a flat mouthpiece to hold the beads in place? Is there a need to anneal the piece once heated?

The enano ice stems seem to be made in this fashion
I don't know anything about working glass like that, but it might be easier to find some kind of mouthpiece that would fit either in or over the other end to keep the beads in. If that mouthpiece is removable, all the easier to clean and switch different beads in and out.

Thumos

Curious about making your own bead stem for the TM2. Those Grav octotaster tubes have a glass screen on one end. If you filled one with boro beads, is it difficult to torch the other end and form a flat mouthpiece to hold the beads in place? Is there a need to anneal the piece once heated?

The enano ice stems seem to be made in this fashion

I don't know anything about working glass like that, but it might be easier to find some kind of mouthpiece that would fit either in or over the other end to keep the beads in. If that mouthpiece is removable, all the easier to clean and switch different beads in and out.
I just received the Octotaster and Upline Taster today. I'd love to throw some balls in the octotaster and then pinch the end or something to keep them in there. Borosilicate looks kinda hard to work (for unskilled DIY dude, me). I have a propane torch, but you need propane and Oxygen from what I read.

First impression of the Upline is that it is nice, but I was hoping for an all-glass path. Nope, I ate some ground herb, lol. The octotaster screen is fabulous though.

Here's the mod I came up with last night. It is a stem from a Solo 2, filled with balls and plugged into the stock glass stem. It is really nice. Redneck/ghetto maybe, but really nice. The glass screen of the Solo 2 stem keeps the balls out of my mouth (that doesn't sound like how I meant it). But, I still have to use a metal screen or the cooling unit to hold the herb on the heater.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I just received the Octotaster and Upline Taster today. I'd love to throw some balls in the octotaster and then pinch the end or something to keep them in there. Borosilicate looks kinda hard to work (for unskilled DIY dude, me). I have a propane torch, but you need propane and Oxygen from what I read.

First impression of the Upline is that it is nice, but I was hoping for an all-glass path. Nope, I ate some ground herb, lol. The octotaster screen is fabulous though.

Here's the mod I came up with last night. It is a stem from a Solo 2, filled with balls and plugged into the stock glass stem. It is really nice. Redneck/ghetto maybe, but really nice. The glass screen of the Solo 2 stem keeps the balls out of my mouth (that doesn't sound like how I meant it). But, I still have to use a metal screen or the cooling unit to hold the herb on the heater.
Nice setup and great ingenuity :tup:

What size beads are you using? I wonder the largest diameter ball that would fit in the octotaster...

Thumos

Nice setup and great ingenuity :tup:

What size beads are you using? I wonder the largest diameter ball that would fit in the octotaster...
These are supposed to be 6mm. And they will not fit in the Upline stem with the pinched mouthpart.

I'm super sad to report the Solo 2 stem will NOT fit the Octotaster stem. The Octotaster must use a little thicker glass than the stock stem. :(

Thumos,
  • Sad
Reactions: Elfstone

vapeape77

@Thumos Grav also sells a $4 mouthpiece extension and silicone part that will fit your Octotaster for other mps. That looks like glass on glass crime even if they fit perfect…

Alright I finally feel set after getting this TRWW wpa and Vgoodiez box bubbler to match. Also I think TRWW basket screens are a sturdier than the TM baskets.

Last edited:

vapeape77

Yeah man I love it, I ordered 2 more and one of these as well. Not sure it will fit your stem, just can say it works with many of mine…

sickmanfraud

At what point do you folks swap out the battery for a fresh one?

I also noticed that the LEDs are not particularly accurate in judging the power left in the battery.

Once I get a red LED the unit may get one extra hit and then it dies. Is this the same situation for everyone or is my unit unique?

One more question about the GVB stems. Is the glass thickness of a GVB stem the same as a stock stem? Will an acrylic mouthpiece fil in the GVB stem?
@Thumos Grav also sells a $4 mouthpiece extension and silicone part that will fit your Octotaster for other mps. That looks like glass on glass crime even if they fit perfect…

Alright I finally feel set after getting this TRWW wpa and Vgoodiez box bubbler to match. Also I think TRWW basket screens are a sturdier than the TM baskets.

That mouthpiece is gorgeous!

René

I recently purchased a TM2..and I am a little disappoinred. It hits really powerfull and I love chamber adjustment an on demand option BUT at least with 5cm glass mouthpiece flavour is never comparable with mighty or dynavap, unit and vapor get hot quite quickly and abv was always quite light even at max temp (now at +2 temp adjust dark brown only at 10th temp)

Something goes wrong with my unit or were just too many hype aspectatives?
Regards

JCC

I recently purchased a TM2..and I am a little disappoinred. It hits really powerfull and I love chamber adjustment an on demand option BUT at least with 5cm glass mouthpiece flavour is never comparable with mighty or dynavap, unit and vapor get hot quite quickly and abv was always quite light even at max temp (now at +2 temp adjust dark brown only at 10th temp)

Regards

Most tm users have either h2o bubbler, j-hook, or longer stem with cooling, since each is hand calibrated, not every unit is exactly the same, cheers!

vapeape77

I also noticed that the LEDs are not particularly accurate in judging the power left in the battery.

Once I get a red LED the unit may get one extra hit and then it dies. Is this the same situation for everyone or is my unit unique?

One more question about the GVB stems. Is the glass thickness of a GVB stem the same as a stock stem? Will an acrylic mouthpiece fil in the GVB stem?

I rotate my 5 batteries when each hits a purple light or two vibs, as was suggested in the battery thread so they stay good over time.

This works out fine for me as I can do about 6 TM rimmed baskets on each battery. Im finding I can dial the tm2 down a bit with the rim’s smaller load running session mode fine.

Last edited:

René

What @JCC says, the stock kit isn't ideal unfortunately.

And how are you using it? On demand? What temps? Flavor should be way better than what you mentioned.
Hello. I use it without any bubbler(alsl if I own one i rarely use it)and stock mouthpiece(rarely the titanium one) on demand..lower than 6 give me quite no clouds....from 7 to 10 more and more bigger clouds but flavour is more on hot air than fresh terpenes...my M19 without fmj give me less hits from 0.09gr then TM2, abv is darker and flavour better..

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Hello. I use it without any bubbler(alsl if I own one i rarely use it)and stock mouthpiece(rarely the titanium one) on demand..lower than 6 give me quite no clouds....from 7 to 10 more and more bigger clouds but flavour is more on hot air than fresh terpenes...my M19 without fmj give me less hits from 0.09gr then TM2, abv is darker and flavour better..
Darkness of avb isn't a great indicator of extraction success. Maybe slow your draw on lower temp for fresh flavor and clouds.

René

Most tm users have either h2o bubbler, j-hook, or longer stem with cooling, since each is hand calibrated, not every unit is exactly the same, cheers
I do not understand why(randomly)to manually calibrate a so expensive device instead of made it on a consistent and standard way from factory.

I read om this forum people combusted at 9 or 10 th setting...my tm2 does nor combust even if re calibrate at max temp possible..that is because unit are different and not standard...not because hand calibration I guess

Last edited:

Zipford

I am using the OG TM, but when my unit gives me two buzzes at the start of a session, I vape that session and then swap out the battery. I might be able to get another session out of it, but as you say, having four power levels is imprecise and I don't want to run out of battery mid-session. I think spare batteries and an external charger are almost "must have" accessories with the TM.

Regards
I think it is normal for the glass and unit to get hot, but the vapor being hot and the ABV light seems like a disconnect -- if the vapor gets hot then the device is fundamentally working, and I could only guess that the vapor isn't getting pulled through the herb. Have you checked that all of the o-rings are in place, sounds like maybe an air leak somewhere?

Also surprised you're not getting better flavor, but I think a stem without the metal cooling unit improves flavor (the stock stem is too hot for me without the CU). I like the GRAV Upline Taster with just an added screen, and there are some other options mentioned in this thread.

Last edited:

637vape

I do not understand why(randomly)to manually calibrate a so expensive device instead of made it on a consistent and standard way from factory.

I read om tjis forum people combusted at 9 or 10 th...my tm2 does nor combust even if re calibrte at max temp possible..that is because unit are different and not standard..not because hand calibration I guess
I must have got lucky, the max temp on my unit hits perfectly through water with nice dark abv.

René

Surely I agree...hot and poor tasty vape and light brown abv is quite strange. Surely mighty give me an even and darker ABV with so better flavour...probably tm give me a much more power effect

René,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
IME even the stock setup has better flavour than both of those values you mention, especially the M. Maybe you just like those toasty flavours that conduction brings? I don't have the tm2, just a TM, but I agree with @Zipford if you aren't getting full extraction at the highest temps you probably have an air leak, check all the o rings... the other thought I have is you might not be loading it correctly. A loose fluffy pack with medium grind will allow better airflow which is what you need in a convection decide.

Hope that helps

Top Bottom