TinyMight / TM 2

florduh

If you roast it to golden brown color it can actually be quite tasty imo. Sometimes i go for low temp terp hits, eat the herb and vape a fresh bowl. It depends on the strain (and how it was grown i guess) but some (lightly roasted) ABV can have a very nice nutty flavour (without any bitterness...)
So imho you'll need to up the stakes a bit... ;)

Yeah, I used to save my early in the day duff that was kept well under a level 6. I'd throw it on a peanut putter sandwich and was surprised at how decent it tasted. I always just toss the stuff that I cooked to a dark brown. I'm sure there were still some goodies left on it, but not much. Not like I'm hard up for CBN.

dimmusp

Can the official 3D Stem and 18mm WPA be used with the steel TM v2 or HR Rogue dosing capsules?

Thanks

dimmusp,

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
Fair point. I'll lick the reclaim off my ruby balls.
Wait What Wtf GIF by DefyTV

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks

I'm going to disagree here. I use an OctoTaster type stem with glass and ruby beads. Don't get any rougue bits reaching my mouth, and the flavour is DEFINITELY better for having no post herb metal. I use an slx grinder which has a medium fluffy grind. I suppose drier weed or finer grinds might be different. All my herb is dried/cured to 58-60% RH.

Of course not, because you have glass and ruby pearls between the ratchet screen and your mouth, obviously that would be catching all the debris lol how are you securing those pearls in the top of the stem?

I use a variety of different grinds with a variety of different herbs and different BCGs (used to have the SLX before them, absolutely hate it now lol)

Maybe I'm sensitive to it but I can 100% vouch for the flavour being better. Plus the burn is more even IME. I do still use a short stem with an external collar and the original CU if I'm out in the garden where there's a risk of dropping it. So I compare the two daily. The all glass option is miles nicer.

I am sensitive to flavors, personally, but I don't know what you mean by external collar on the short stem...? But I don't even use the original CU, it's been years, since I originally got my first TM, obviously it would taste better than that... Aside from the metal, the CU just robs a lot of reclaim vapor flavors, I've been using open glass pathways for a long time, the only metal is the steel mesh basket screen holding the herbs in the WPA... And yes the flavor is fantastic this way as I've said that is how I use my TM and recommend it, clarifying from the stock setup (wish it came with WPA)

As I said on occasion I will use my 3in1 WPA with the glass honeycomb screen, whole nug or super chunky grind, to get some next level flavors, but the vapor is different, it's not the same type of extraction, so even though I love flavors, it is not my normal method because I can get great flavors and better extraction with more of a grind in my usual stem setups...

I read up on this a while back and the phenomenon is known as galvanic tongue stimulation. It inhibits flavour. Heating metals causes it and the proximity to the source makes a difference. Try drinking a nice coffee or wine from a steel mug and you'll experience it. Pre herb metal won't cause it as the herb acts as a barrier/buffer. Personally I don't like a vague hint of dirty penny and suppressed flavour in my weed.

Okay, first off I actually despise coffee and alcohol, maybe I would like them better from a steel cup if it covers the flavor of them! And in my experience, absolutely can taste different metals in the heating elements, away from the herbs... (using a variety of glass stem-based pure convection on demand vapes with different metal heater constructions) and this affects my enjoyment of them as I too only wish to taste the purest herbal flavors without any adulteration (and by the way this is all totally subjective, no matter how objective you attempt to frame it, believe me I've been there)

ETA: in fact Mr snacks, I'm willing to make and send you a stem and if you don't agree I'll eat my AVB.

As it was said I have the octo taster, I tried using it dry, I have still not tried to load balls into it, and secure with a mouthpiece, because I hate that ratchet glass disk screen, and I have such nicer options now (part of what I really like about the GVB stems is the balls are already in their fixed permanently in the stem for me, trying to deal with loading, adjusting, cleaning emptying, my own pearls, has felt so tedious that I have not tried it despite having all the ingredients including brand new quartz etc.)

But please do not lick your reclaim or eat your AVB on my account, as someone who appreciates good flavors (and fortunately does not need to use every last bit of their product), I cannot encourage such yucky behavior ;):peace::rofl: :lmao: :cheers::spliff:

farmerpalmersnt

External collar is something I machined to fit. You can see it in my previous posts. Acts as an external heat sink, stopping the far end of the glass getting hot. But as I say, only use this gardening where too much glass is a risk. The stock CU is an effective cooler for the short, low profile stem I use for this but yes, flavour not great and reclaim buildup is ridiculous.

To clarify I agree that you can taste the difference between heating elements, just that heating elements aside, hot metal screens post herb has a far greater impact than any screens pre herb. I've tried a collosal amount of vapes, all glass and otherwise and made a good number of my own (including all glass injector which I went to great lengths to make all glass after trialling it) so based on a lot of side by side testing. So where I differ in opinion is that it is absolutely 100% worth pursuing an all glass vapour pathway for the TM. And that convection vapes suit it entirely. Qaroma for a start. Best flavours I've ever experienced from any vape were all glass convection.

I hold the rubies in with dimples I make myself.

The stems I have are not actually OctoTaster stems. They're a octo taster type stem. Since I've never had an OctoTaster this side of the pond I can't comment on how 'janky' the screen is or isn't. But I'd say using it without any cooling/balls would be unpleasant.

Effectively the stem I made is equivalent to an all glass version of the gvb or other similar offering. It burns perfectly evenly, no halo and the flavour is far better than the pearl stem or the pill stems (from well known folks mentioned on here) I have that use metal screens.

I've tried a LOT of stems and can honestly say that for pure flavour this would be the best I've tried. Possible competition might be a long j hook, although I had one of those a week before I snapped it so haven't been able to side by side it.

@Grass Yes Please do clarify? Nothing in that post is based on folklore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shit Snacks

External collar is something I machined to fit. You can see it in my previous posts. Acts as an external heat sink, stopping the far end of the glass getting hot. But as I say, only use this gardening where too much glass is a risk. The stock CU is an effective cooler for the short, low profile stem I use for this but yes, flavour not great and reclaim buildup is ridiculous.

To clarify I agree that you can taste the difference between heating elements, just that heating elements aside, hot metal screens post herb has a far greater impact than any screens pre herb. I've tried a collosal amount of vapes, all glass and otherwise and made a good number of my own (including all glass injector which I went to great lengths to make all glass after trialling it) so based on a lot of side by side testing. So where I differ in opinion is that it is absolutely 100% worth pursuing an all glass vapour pathway for the TM. And that convection vapes suit it entirely. Qaroma for a start. Best flavours I've ever experienced from any vape were all glass convection.

I hold the rubies in with dimples I make myself.

The stems I have are not actually OctoTaster stems. They're a octo taster type stem. Since I've never had an OctoTaster this side of the pond I can't comment on how 'janky' the screen is or isn't. But I'd say using it without any cooling/balls would be unpleasant.

Effectively the stem I made is equivalent to an all glass version of the gvb or other similar offering. It burns perfectly evenly, no halo and the flavour is far better than the pearl stem or the pill stems (from well known folks mentioned on here) I have that use metal screens.

I've tried a LOT of stems and can honestly say that for pure flavour this would be the best I've tried. Possible competition might be a long j hook, although I had one of those a week before I snapped it so haven't been able to side by side it.

Yeah, in my experience, with glass screen injector bowls too, the extraction and use experience for me is not good enough to balance out any potential better flavors, it is a negligible difference in my opinion now after finally trying a variety, since I had the goal of all glass path for such a long time... To each their own, I like the variety, but my go-to flavor saving does not require the avoidance of steel mesh screens. :2c:

However I never use additional mesh screen to cover the load that faces the TM, and I dislike capsules for the same reasons (along with tediousness of loading unloading them) as they do seem to rob more flavor and don't give me what I'm looking for, vapor wise...

That's great that you can make your own accessories, and offer them to others here, I forgot you were the one who made those things, it can be helpful to quote previous posts especially if they contained photos when referencing things since this thread moves so quickly with so many different people posting oh so many things? :cool:

Last edited:

farmerpalmersnt

There is a lot of misinformation and folklore in your post, but this part takes the cake.

I feel I have to tackle this one. There are a lot of snidey comments from people on here that could be replaced with polite enquiry.

Thermal ionisation is not misinformation it's fairly basic and long established physics, nor is its effect on flavour and the differential stimulation and suppression of taste buds. There's work out there on it.

Specifically in terms of the comment you quoted, a wad of organic material would indeed be an excellent buffer against ionised air reaching your tongue. And causing galvanic inhibition. Not folklore.

Yeah, in my experience, with glass screen injector bowls too, the extraction and use experience for me is not good enough to balance out any potential better flavors, it is a negligible difference in my opinion now after finally trying a variety, since I had the goal of all glass path for such a long time... To each their own, I like the variety, but my go-to flavor saving does not require the avoidance of steel mesh screens. :2c:

However I never use additional mesh screen to cover the load that faces the TM, and I dislike capsules for the same reasons (along with tediousness of loading unloading them) as they do seem to rob more flavor and don't give me what I'm looking for, vapor wise...

That's great that you can make your own accessories, and offer them to others here, I forgot you were the one who made those things, it can be helpful to quote previous posts especially if they contained photos when referencing things since this thread moves so quickly with so many different people posting oh so many things? :cool:

What I will say is that there is a huge amount of psychosomatic influence when it comes to flavour. Look at the colour experiments that are numerous. It's possible that there is an element of that enhancing any effect.

Plus a great deal is highly dependent on how you personally vape and not to mention the strains/profiles you prefer.

For me though it is categorically better. But each to their own as you say.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Dude, you posted this at exactly 4:20. :wave:

So my TM2 came yesterday from Vgoodiez. I cleaned and checked and tested it out. The unit looks perfect and functions just as advertised. The only thing that had a little grime was the inside of the Ti stem. I wish I was a pic poster as it has some nice grain to the wood. I ran a few bowls through it on 6 using the short stem/cu combo. Took a long draw on the first hit and almost knocked myself on my ass. This is the best portable I have used to date. Got a RWW 18mm wpa on the way and a nice bubbler to pair it with. I am up in the air on whether I want the next glass to be a OGB 18mm jhook or the GVB bead stem.

Ok, here is my stupid stupid issue. Used flower vapes smell, and this is an issue at my place. Moreso than conc vapes IMHO. In fact, I must vape outside (which sucks in the winter). With an erig, I hit my rosin and swab it out. I can then bring it inside and put it in a drawer with very little odor. With a flower vape like the TM2, I clear the stem outside after using but the stink comes inside unless you do a full clean.
In trying to mask odor, has anyone have any success using an activated charcoal pouch like this? https://www.etsy.com/listing/863642225/canny-clutch-smell-proof-travel-bag-odor?click_key=fc607c7a52cd0bcd7681e183f461e6bc2c609355:863642225&click_sum=7224ecf5&ref=related-1&frs=1&sts=1&variation0=2535176346

Shit Snacks

Haha still got another half hour over here where I am! It's always 4:20 somewhere

That sucks to be forced to live in a place where the smells contained have to be that strict, while my used stem certainly smell, I only notice it if I'm putting it up to my nose... Probably a general difference when I have other things out and exposed though lol need a little case? sorry for your situation

Last edited:

JCC

So my TM2 came yesterday from Vgoodiez. I cleaned and checked and tested it out. The unit looks perfect and functions just as advertised. The only thing that had a little grime was the inside of the Ti stem. I wish I was a pic poster as it has some nice grain to the wood. I ran a few bowls through it on 6 using the short stem/cu combo. Took a long draw on the first hit and almost knocked myself on my ass. This is the best portable I have used to date. Got a RWW 18mm wpa on the way and a nice bubbler to pair it with. I am up in the air on whether I want the next glass to be a OGB 18mm jhook or the GVB bead stem.

Ok, here is my stupid stupid issue. Used flower vapes smell, and this is an issue at my place. Moreso than conc vapes IMHO. In fact, I must vape outside (which sucks in the winter). With an erig, I hit my rosin and swab it out. I can then bring it inside and put it in a drawer with very little odor. With a flower vape like the TM2, I clear the stem outside after using but the stink comes inside unless you do a full clean.
In trying to mask odor, has anyone have any success using an activated charcoal pouch like this? https://www.etsy.com/listing/863642225/canny-clutch-smell-proof-travel-bag-odor?click_key=fc607c7a52cd0bcd7681e183f461e6bc2c609355:863642225&click_sum=7224ecf5&ref=related-1&frs=1&sts=1&variation0=2535176346

Purchased one, along with JyarZ containers, but found it wasn't needed! JyarZ work perfectly, got one of each BigPapi, Satchmo, and a classic for "on the go." My tinymight has zero odor, occasionally I find some flower in the oven area, but not often, and the glass stems I use are easily cleaned "sparkely fresh" with an iso soak, very little cleaning required! cheers!

sickmanfraud

Can the official 3D Stem and 18mm WPA be used with the steel TM v2 or HR Rogue dosing capsules?

Thanks

The short answer is yes. However, there are variances in glass pieces.

My V2 dosing caps fit in the 3D cooling stem and the WPA, but not my new Long cooling stem with the blue beads.

If the cooling unit fits the caps will too.

farmerpalmersnt

Made a cooling stem for an all glass pathway. I know the heater element and screen is always there but from experiment I am convinced it's metal post herb that impacts flavour. Possibly the galvanic effect, like tasting a dirty penny. Anyway the flavour through this is brilliant. Cooling is also fantastic.

It's got a small cup I made from a section of smaller boro tube with a glass screen fused to it. Filled that with a load of 1.5mm ruby beads, this does the bulk of the cooling work up front. Then a jumble of terp pearls and a terp pill stacked on top. Made the pinch in the stem with a blowtorch and dabtool so don't judge 😂 The stem is a cheaper version of the octo taster type thing with a glass screen. When I do the pinch it has a tendency to stress fracture around the screen. I binned the first one and this one has a tiny bit. Any tips from any glass bending types on how to avoid that would be appreciated!

Definitely can't be trusted with it out and about but I've got a few of these stems so making a new one takes 10mins.

@Thumos and others. Here's the stem. To be clear, air flows through and very partially around the cup full of small ruby beads. The cup has a fully open end at the base and a glass screen fused to the top to allow vapour to pass through the smaller beads. So far reclaim buildup has been surprisingly small. Airflow is free and cooling very effective.

Last edited:

Mowjo

Anyone tried there screens on like the upgrav or other stems?

Seem to be the same as https://www.ebay.com/itm/283726677783

Thanks!

Got this ordered. It was a bit larger than the grav and ed's tnt wpa/stem but... they press it just fine after squishing the opening a little.

Further testing on the tnt stems needed :D

Zipford

I am in the same boat in terms of smell -- don't want any! Bought some rubber end caps on Amazon to cover the end of the stem and that solves the problem. I also use them on both ends of pre-loaded stems so nothing falls out. I think they were Uxcell brand and just called 16mm rubber end caps.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I am in the same boat in terms of smell -- don't want any! Bought some rubber end caps on Amazon to cover the end of the stem and that solves the problem. I also use them on both ends of pre-loaded stems so nothing falls out. I think they were Uxcell brand and just called 16mm rubber end caps.
Thanks @Zipford. I will give them a try.

I was hitting the TM2 hard today and backed the heater down from 6 to 5. For my unit, that seems to be a good place for flavor with less roast early on. The one step down is also easier on my throat. Still in the infancy stage on experimentation, but sooo impressed with the clouds while maintaining terp flavor.
I have a good supply of herb so I really not interested in extracting every little bit. After 2 or 3 hits at the same low temp I dump it. I'm getting flavors from flower that I haven't tasted in a long while.

I almost got excited when I thought my enano ice stem was gonna fit. Alas, it's a bit too small.

637vape

Thanks @Zipford. I will give them a try.

I was hitting the TM2 hard today and backed the heater down from 6 to 5. For my unit, that seems to be a good place for flavor with less roast early on. The one step down is also easier on my throat. Still in the infancy stage on experimentation, but sooo impressed with the clouds while maintaining terp flavor.
I have a good supply of herb so I really not interested in extracting every little bit. After 2 or 3 hits at the same low temp I dump it. I'm getting flavors from flower that I haven't tasted in a long while.

I almost got excited when I thought my enano ice stem was gonna fit. Alas, it's a bit too small.
I was really surprised at the clouds you can get at 5. Ive been temp stepping from 5 up to 8 when using it natively with good results, nice terp hit in the beginning and a good cloud at the end.

You might try using a stem with a built in glass screen, simply because they are easy to keep almost completely clean with a piece of paper towel applied right after use (twist it up, shove it in.) You can wipe almost everything out if you do it every time, it stays clean.

To make it 100% clean just a tiny spritz of isopropyl alcohol or even hot water in the sink.

Throw it in a pill bottle or cap the ends, otherwise!

Top Bottom