TinyMight / TM 2

Djsleepy

Ill check the screw tightness when I get home it might be loose from having to loosen the panels to refresh but I do usually try to tighten it properly
Have you checked to make sure you oring that sits on top of glass is in place? Run your finger around inside and confirm nothing is pooched out on one side or is it uniformly smooth? The oring has a tendency to shift and leave a part pooched out therefore creating a bad seal when tightened.

Have you checked to make sure you oring that sits on top of glass is in place? Run your finger around inside and confirm nothing is pooched out on one side or is it uniformly smooth? The oring has a tendency to shift and leave a part pooched out therefore creating a bad seal when tightened.
The one that sits between the top of the glass and the metal top plate?

Monkeragon17,
Most are problems that can be solved easily w/out repair trip. I think of it as fine tuning your device. Need anything else lmk
So I’ve took off the top panel, made sure the o ring was seated correctly, put a little bit of tin foil under the battery contact to make sure it’s properly connecting, and tightened the screw as much as I could without risking damaging it

Monkeragon17,
Reactions: dzoinp

jbm

So I’ve took off the top panel, made sure the o ring was seated correctly, put a little bit of tin foil under the battery contact to make sure it’s properly connecting, and tightened the screw as much as I could without risking damaging it
How long have you had your device?

jbm,

Djsleepy

Let us know if that helps

Djsleepy,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
inconsistent functioning has nothing to do with this oring. the screw wasn't tight enough was it? that was the problem.

dzoinp,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
To any of my fellow Tinymight owners, have you ever had to refresh the contacts regularly like he says on the website to make it work?
I am having to do it every session or two or it won’t work for me, it’s already been repaired once but not sure if this is common or not.

Yeah I've never had to do anything with either of my two TM... I'm not sure why some people seem to have these issues with them??

Think I'll hold off on the TM2 pre-order since I am still so happy with my originals, but before the year is out I expect to have one, and I guess it will be from vgoodiez in the US now!

How long have you had your device?
this one I’ve had for a couple of months, I had another for maybe a year but had to send it for repair

inconsistent functioning has nothing to do with this oring. the screw wasn't tight enough was it? that was the problem.
I haven’t tried it yet but it could be, I try to tighten it as much as I can but I also don’t want to push it too hard and break the thing

Monkeragon17,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
They also have a 10% discount code for FC members.
FC13LCV10
I don’t see an option for wood choice. Unless that’s obtained once the pre-orders are further processed? And yes I had the pages translated to English. It mentions wood variations will be on the product sheet which isn’t finished or listed/linked. I’m not so comfortable preordering this yet.

I needn’t say again which color I want :). :peace:

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
I've been wondering about the wood options and other things about these pre-orders as well - Perhaps there is a 'standard' wood colour and only that option will be available from 3rd party vendors? Of course that is purely speculation. Perhaps the other wood options will only be available direct.

games-loaves0t

I looking forward to finding out what type of wood the red TM2 is made out of. I think that is the only question that I haven’t seen answered about the TM2.

games-loaves0t,
Reactions: BigJr48

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I looking forward to finding out what type of wood the red TM2 is made out of. I think that is the only question that I haven’t seen answered about the TM2.

Not sure where it was confirmed exactly, but someone mentioned here that it is purpleheart wood actually, the photo we saw is just a very red looking piece, I've seen plenty of PH in that hue so that all tracks

Marlox

You're not supposed to have to clean it regularly.
The important thing is to make sure that the screw is really tight. i mean REALLY TIGHT

Yes, that screw has to make very good contact and press that contact-areas really good at each other to prevent air from getting to that areas.

But i would love to hear/read a detailed torque-value from the manufacturer for that screw...
Because REALLY TIGHT might be somewhere between 5Nm and 15Nm for various persons.

Whats that screws size again? M5? Just to mention:
The maximum nominal torque for a M5 stainless-screw is 4,9Nm for a strength-class 70 and 6,5Nm for class 80.
And even this low torques only apply to short screws, length <= 8 x diameter. Longer screw, lower nominal torque.

The top-threads are in an aluminum-part. And short thread lengths in aluminum are not very torque-resistive, too.

e.g.
If i tighten a screw as hard as i can just with one hand and a screwdriver, i reach 12Nm. That's a good way to rip that screws head off.
Sure, most people won't tighten that screw that hard, but some might
So, as i said, i would be REALLY happy to read an exact value for that screws torque.

Top Bottom