TinyMight / TM 2

Lee7

Just pulled my tinymight out after about six months of not having batteries and it isn't working quite right. Level 10 is getting me a nice even medium brown. Which is FINE but it shouldn't take ten hits. Plus my dads tinymight does the same thing in one hit at level 6 so what's going on with my unit? How do I recalibrate the heat? I reached out to tinymight themselves but haven't heard back yet.
- Don't do this unless you have eliminated all other possible causes of underperformance. This shouldn't need doing. If you do it and miscalibrate yours then it's on you. However, there is a way to adjust the tinymights heating range:

1. Remove the battery and replace to reset the device

2. Turn the temperature dial to minimum position 1

3. Triple click as if you were trying to turn it on. The unit should give you short burst of vibrations but not actually start

4. Repeat the triple click until you have done it EXACTLY five times

5. Now turn the temperature dial to 10 and turn on the device with a triple click. IF you were successful, the unit will start to vibrate continuously and the LED should be solid white.

6. Turn the temperature dial to 2 or 3 and to save this setting press and hold the button until all vibrations have stopped.
I found this article somewhere. My device is fine. You can try it .

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just pulled my tinymight out after about six months of not having batteries and it isn't working quite right. Level 10 is getting me a nice even medium brown. Which is FINE but it shouldn't take ten hits. Plus my dads tinymight does the same thing in one hit at level 6 so what's going on with my unit? How do I recalibrate the heat? I reached out to tinymight themselves but haven't heard back yet.

Yeah someone else asked this recently, recalibrating the heat is not the way to fix a loss of power in your unit, someone else had replied with the list of tips to fix your unit, the recalibration is not the answer (only if you have a new unit working properly that seems underpowered or overpowered for your use style, that's when you recalibrate)

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Indeed, before recalibrating a unit I would first check if moving the panels as described in the TM FAQs changes the situation.

Usually it is easy thing to do and no need to open up the device. You need a Torx T20 screwdriver / bit and then please open the big back end screw just a little bit, 1-2mm should be enough, to get the aluminum end panels to move relative to the wooden body. move them as much as you can, imagine you are trying to scratch the wood underneath them and then retighten the screw very well. Usually this is enough to bring back the original performance if there has been any reduction of performance.

Another ad hoc tip would be checking if the red o ring under the top ring seals well. I have experienced a surprising loss in performance when that ring is not set properly.

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
- Don't do this unless you have eliminated all other possible causes of underperformance. This shouldn't need doing. If you do it and miscalibrate yours then it's on you. However, there is a way to adjust the tinymights heating range:

1. Remove the battery and replace to reset the device

2. Turn the temperature dial to minimum position 1

3. Triple click as if you were trying to turn it on. The unit should give you short burst of vibrations but not actually start

4. Repeat the triple click until you have done it EXACTLY five times

5. Now turn the temperature dial to 10 and turn on the device with a triple click. IF you were successful, the unit will start to vibrate continuously and the LED should be solid white.

6. Turn the temperature dial to 2 or 3 and to save this setting press and hold the button until all vibrations have stopped.
I found this article somewhere. My device is fine. You can try it .
The only potential issues are that the heater is messed up or it's miscalibrated. I just replaced my batteries with the Samsung 30q so it shouldn't be that. Are there any other things it could be?

Zuhdj,
Reactions: BigJr48

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Yeah someone else asked this recently, recalibrating the heat is not the way to fix a loss of power in your unit, someone else had replied with the list of tips to fix your unit, the recalibration is not the answer (only if you have a new unit working properly that seems underpowered or overpowered for your use style, that's when you recalibrate)
Don’t attempt recalibration unless last resort. Slightly loosen the main screw with the battery and stem out and then tighten it again. That usually works. :peace:

Shit Snacks

The only potential issues are that the heater is messed up or it's miscalibrated. I just replaced my batteries with the Samsung 30q so it shouldn't be that. Are there any other things it could be?

Again, it is not miscalibrated, if it had worked for you fine in the past originally, it means there is something else causing it, so you need to troubleshoot...

This cell has a max output of 15A, that's not enough for the TM and might be the culprit here.

Actually it is underrated, it has a max output of 18A, similar to the overrated LG HG2 (rated for 20 but is actually 18) however I agree it is not a good battery to use in the TM, not a great battery for single battery-powered devices, it can act a little wonky...

So grab Molicell P26A or P28A if you can instead (or Sony VTC6 or VTC5A for more money) but I think the other troubleshooting first most

HarryTuttle

Help! I bought a brand new TinyMight direct from the manufacturer, based largely on recommendations on this forum. For a couple of weeks, it was my new favorite vape. Like, by far! Then I had the seemingly common problem of having the screen fall down to where it should not be and short out the device. I reset the screen easily enough, but now it turns on, gives battery indication vibrations, but does not heat up when I hold the button. It also smells very strongly of burnt plastic / chemicals. This brand new unit has never been dropped, only used exactly as specified with no third-party anything. I have emailed the manufacturer multiple times and reached out on Instagram, and no response at all for over a week and a half now.

UPDATE: They reached out to me shortly after I posted this and said they are mailing me a new unit on Monday! I'm psyched. Thanks, FC.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Help! I bought a brand new TinyMight direct from the manufacturer, based largely on recommendations on this forum. For a couple of weeks, it was my new favorite vape. Like, by far! Then I had the seemingly common problem of having the screen fall down to where it should not be and short out the device. I reset the screen easily enough, but now it turns on, gives battery indication vibrations, but does not heat up when I hold the button. It also smells very strongly of burnt plastic / chemicals. This brand new unit has never been dropped, only used exactly as specified with no third-party anything. I have emailed the manufacturer multiple times and reached out on Instagram, and no response at all for over a week and a half now. What am I supposed to do? I paid over $400 for this vape and accessories, and got to use them for 2-3 weeks before this thing self-destructed and now they don't support their product? Very disappointing.

I'm sure your messages are falling through the cracks, sorry I'm not sure what the best strategy would be, but they will take care of you once they realize your warranty claim

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
This cell has a max output of 15A, that's not enough for the TM and might be the culprit here.
It's the same spec as the vtc6 that came with it though isn't it? Am I missing some info? If it is just the battery that'd be awesome but I'm confused why it would be.

Edit: I'll try a vtc6. I figured same spec would be ok but it seems all batteries are a bit different

Shit Snacks

It's the same spec as the vtc6 that came with it though isn't it? Am I missing some info? If it is just the battery that'd be awesome but I'm confused why it would be.

Edit: I'll try a vtc6. I figured same spec would be ok but it seems all batteries are a bit different

Yes the specs are similar, VTC6 is rated 15A up to 30A, but it is a different cell, the Sony is better than the Samsung, regardless of whatever specs. And I think the Molicell are the overall best because of the extra amps despite the less capacity I get the most consistency and the most bowls from them.

badbee

The battery you have isn't ideal but it probably doesn't explain the problem you are seeing, especially when it is fully charged. Follow all the de-oxidation instructions, including cleaning the battery cap and thread, before trying a recalibration.

SolidAirrr

I might have missed something but couldn't this fix be the solution?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Strange…
He claims his TM came with the removable heater screen came with the larger lip “down”, but that’s not how mine came, and the TM developer as well has stated the WIDER sides default position is UP. I know this comes up often, and some claim the HACK to position it wide side down has some benefit, not sure what that might be, as the wide side facing UP, that wider lip is designed to hold the default glass loading tubes perfectly, and keeps it from going any further down, and that’s how I position mine.

He also has 3 TM’s, but never mentions the tiny clear oring that needs to be in place on top of the inner glass tube for proper seal. So just be aware of helpful online videos. Using tape to secure the bottom is a GOOD TIP, and something I figured out already.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
First time on this thread. Just discovered the tinymight and am jonesing to get one. Was told that version #2 is coming. Any news out there on when? Thanks
There isnt any specific date but shipping is going to start soon enough ,just a little more patience. If anyone is one the fence of getting a TM ,i would say it is wise to wait a little bit more for the TM2!

GoldenBud

yeah seems like this is what @Zuhdj needs. over time some wooden cells are getting oxidized in the unit and because wood contains a lot of tiny air pockets it shrinks or something like that...also also may be vaporized - when you smell wood, its molecules went up to your nose..... i hope/think this issue is fixed with the TM2 (the metalic contacts issue)

it's not the first time I'm hearing about this issue, not too difficult to solve imho.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Sorry – wha? :-)
when you put wood near electronics, and also high temp air is flowing through, the wood is getting a bit oxidized, and shrinks, because it's dry wood that has a lot of air pockets (that's why it's a good insulator)

another funny fact, when you smell something, it means that its molecules are inside your nose. when you smell wood, your vape lose weight ;)

my wording in the previous message is not 100% correct, wood is getting oxidized because it is build by celloluse, it releases vapor pressure ofc over time, and because it has a lot of tiny pockets, it allows it easily to getting shrinked...

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: cosimo
Please is it possible to know which email you write to or which channel to use to put them in contact with TM? a thousand thanks

Sidvicius,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
another funny fact, when you smell something, it means that its molecules are inside your nose. when you smell wood, your vape lose weight ;)

This is very OT, but: when you smell „wood“, you actually smell its essential oils, not the cellulose. Since these essential oils are given off at any given time (until nothing is left), we do not decrease a devices weight by smelling it.

I'm also having a bit of a hard time understanding the idea of oxidizing air pockets. My TM did not shrink yet.

Anyway. :-)

Top Bottom