TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Huh? It was already said that TM is going to be offering its own titanium stem soon too as pictured with one of the TM2 units in the wild... It is different from the aftermarket titanium stems made by three different members here so why would he need to partner with them?... We just don't know if there will be a bundle kit with it and when
I stand corected then. Thanks @Shit Snacks ! I missed the part about the TM 2 option with a titanium stem. :peace:

GiuseppeRoots

I am with you guys, as plain as possible (or with 1 glass stem and cooler - to use it out of the box)

But the prices shouldn't be that different for the woods. Maybe 10€ more for a walnut or red unit seems fair.

Personally I don't think they make the OG TM in other than oak. Many like the wood grain. I never see mine, because of the sleeve.
The TM2 is an upgrade, so are the woods. I personally will get oak or walnut. Or both....

GiuseppeRoots,

clive_bob

Light ISO swabs may help too. I use Blu-Tac too to clean contacts and particularly threads where a pencil eraser may not reach.

TM 2? I’m counting the days until I can order one, a RED one too :). Love the light through the new stir tool. This will be new for me seeing a color other than red which my first gen TM only emits. :peace:
I was under the impression that it is not a good idea to remove the bottom so I have loosened the screw a few turns and lightly twist the case to burnish the points. I assume that you are removing the bottom to use an eraser. Does that cause any problems? Thanks.

clive_bob,

Zipford

I was under the impression that it is not a good idea to remove the bottom so I have loosened the screw a few turns and lightly twist the case to burnish the points. I assume that you are removing the bottom to use an eraser. Does that cause any problems? Thanks.
I haven't needed to do this myself, but my impression is that people clean the battery contact at the bottom of the battery compartment by gently inserting a pencil eraser (still attached to a pencil, presumably) into the compartment without otherwise taking the TM apart. If you do that, be gentle so you don't bend that battery contact.

Vaporific

I haven't needed to do this myself, but my impression is that people clean the battery contact at the bottom of the battery compartment by gently inserting a pencil eraser (still attached to a pencil, presumably) into the compartment without otherwise taking the TM apart. If you do that, be gentle so you don't bend that battery contact.
I should clarify my previous post by saying I’ve never used an eraser on any of my vapes. Not that it’s bad but I never have, and I use Blu-Tac for the battery door and light ISO (before Blu-Tac); light ISO on a qtip for the bottom contact - without disassembling the TM. I would not recommend taking it apart just to clean the bottom contact.

I have taken my TM apart several times for various reasons. Most recently last year to sand it down and apply a few coats of beeswax. Prior to that it was to fix things, some of my own volition and some not. Additionally there is the sight loosening of the main screw to correct the power loss and perhaps burnish the points as @clive_bob puts it well above. I don’t know the exact reason or what to call it but that sounds spot on. This I’ve done a few times too over 2.5 years and it corrected itself each time. And voila, the TM again rocks. I LOVE this vape!

I personally will get oak or walnut. Or both....
I’m getting the RED one :)

I cannot say yes or no to that question!
It could be plywood for all I care, and I know it’s not - and I’m getting the RED one :)
:peace::peace:

Dr. G

Old Resident
I should clarify my previous post by saying I’ve never used an eraser on any of my vapes. Not that it’s bad but I never have, and I use Blu-Tac for the battery door and light ISO (before Blu-Tac); light ISO on a qtip for the bottom contact - without disassembling the TM. I would not recommend taking it apart just to clean the bottom contact.

I have taken my TM apart several times for various reasons. Most recently last year to sand it down and apply a few coats of beeswax. Prior to that it was to fix things, some of my own volition and some not. Additionally there is the sight loosening of the main screw to correct the power loss and perhaps burnish the points as @clive_bob puts it well above. I don’t know the exact reason or what to call it but that sounds spot on. This I’ve done a few times too over 2.5 years and it corrected itself each time. And voila, the TM again rocks. I LOVE this vape!

I’m getting the RED one :)

It could be plywood for all I care, and I know it’s not - and I’m getting the RED one :)
:peace::peace:
Red one? Is there a photo?

Dr. G,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
From which material is the metal tube inside the TM2 ?
Is it in Aluminium like the very first versions or is it in stainless steel ?
Sorry i had long no TM but heard there are SS in the market..
Maybe different wood for OG TM?
1)They moved to SS.
2)Also at this point there is no info about new woods for the OG,for now they are using Oak! :)

ZombieSnoBdr

I emailed the guys via Insta and was told they were hoping to launch before the end of August. I hope so as I sent my 1.5 back to the retailer :doh:

ZombieSnoBdr,

checkyourlibido

I emailed the guys via Insta and was told they were hoping to launch before the end of August. I hope so as I sent my 1.5 back to the retailer :doh:
That 1.5 is awesome. For the price, I wonder how the TM1.5 and TM2 will stack up. Percentage wise, it's a steep increase in price.

But gauging by the build quality of the TM1.5 and the decade long warranty, if the TM2 is built as well, it seems well worth the money.

sadf

How has QC been for the TM since last revision?

I’m tempted to blind buy a TM2 just based on hype for the TM but not interested in dealing with QC problems for a unit that needs to be shipped across the globe.

sadf,

jay87

I want one :science:

takemymoney.jpg

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
How has QC been for the TM since last revision?

I’m tempted to blind buy a TM2 just based on hype for the TM but not interested in dealing with QC problems for a unit that needs to be shipped across the globe.
I wouldn't worry, if you don't already have a TM and you can afford the extra for the TM2 then go for it! You could be unlucky but someone has to be with every product. I don't believe the TM is unreliable in general.

ZombieSnoBdr

That 1.5 is awesome. For the price, I wonder how the TM1.5 and TM2 will stack up. Percentage wise, it's a steep increase in price.

But gauging by the build quality of the TM1.5 and the decade long warranty, if the TM2 is built as well, it seems well worth the money.
Fingers crossed. I have been hunting for a TM for months but and really struggled whether to hold on to the 1.5 but in the end even with extra cost I think the 2 will be a top notch piece of kit.

ZombieSnoBdr,

Vaporific

This really does seem like a huge improvement over TM 1. My biggest concern would still be the threading of the battery cover. Cross threading and all.
Were the battery key door threads changed at all? Do we know this? We know the top of the door did change, and that would likely assist in correcting an accidental mid-threading. A few folks early on had issues with the threading and most haven’t had an issue. I’ve never had a threading issue with my TM for almost 2.5 years.

I do look forward to the new battery door enabling easier removal, and more importantly the improved heater screen and the stirring tool with the cool holes for the lights. Oh, and the RED wood finish too! :) :peace:

Zipford

Were the battery key door threads changed at all? Do we know this? We know the top of the door did change, and that would likely assist in correcting an accidental mid-threading. A few folks early on had issues with the threading and most haven’t had an issue. I’ve never had a threading issue with my TM for almost 2.5 years.

I do look forward to the new battery door enabling easier removal, and more importantly the improved heater screen and the stirring tool with the cool holes for the lights. Oh, and the RED wood finish too! :) :peace:
I think earlier DJ Sleepy said the new battery door would not work on an older TM, so it sounds like the threads (or something material) changed.

sternica

Can confirm on the titanium stem. Also I can finally mention I've had one in my possession for a couple weeks and it's been wonderful. Same great performance but less char rings for sure. Definitely loving the battery cap and new tool for stirring or adjusting the cooling unit.

I'll try to answer anything as quickly as possible but my wife is away until Monday so the kids are currently taking up a lot of my time.
Beautiful device! It’s like functional art.

noobvaperct

Can someone ELI5 the pros/cons of using a titanium stem vs glass? Isn’t glass best for flavor chasers? And I’m sorry, do we have a release date for the TM2 at all? Will they go out in waves or good luck YOLO add to your cart the day of release and hope you managed to snag one?

noobvaperct,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom