TinyMight / TM 2

andrew`124c41+

Cooking and vaping are not great material comparisons.
350f, might be a temperature you select on a device, the actual temperature of a red hot coil in a 21700 battery mod, can release toxic metals. This has been a raging debate in the UNDERSTUDIED ECig vape world for years now.

Obviously, you can choose whatever you like, but I’ll stick with the materials that at least have some track record at this point, instead of becoming a lab experiment, for what gain?
The thing is I probably will just continue using a wpa and wp...I just like building things and experimenting.

Because me, if I thought using anything had significant risk I would not take a risk it.

I have access to equipment to take some measurements.

andrew`124c41+,
Reactions: BigJr48

checkyourlibido

The issue with respect to aluminum and Alzheimer's has been debated for years. It is used as an adjuvent in vaccines.

Copper is used for cooking all the time. There are people with copper storage disease who need to limit copper intake.

We are talking about both metals in their metallic state. Stainless steel has all sorts of trace metals in it.

The amount if any of any bound copper getting in one's lungs is negligible if any.

Copper fumes are toxic to the respiratory system but it takes quite a bit of heat to melt copper and produce vapor...a heck of a lot more than 350 F.

At my age this is the least of my worries.
The crap in stainless is something I think about everytime I buy anything stainless. When I was shopping for grinders, I was really happy to see a surgical grade SS in the Herb Ripper. And a food grade SS in the Flower Mill. There still could be something there, but I felt a bit better about it.

With aluminum, I know correlation does not equal causation, but I still stay away as much as I can. I don't see the need to knowingly add to the vast amount of crap I'm exposed to daily.

andrew`124c41+

The crap in stainless is something I think about everytime I buy anything stainless. When I was shopping for grinders, I was really happy to see a surgical grade SS in the Herb Ripper. And a food grade SS in the Flower Mill. There still could be something there, but I felt a bit better about it.

With aluminum, I know correlation does not equal causation, but I still stay away as much as I can. I don't see the need to knowingly add to the vast amount of crap I'm exposed to daily.
The grinder I purchased is made of anodized aluminum. Many items are made out the element because it is easier to work with on C & C equipment.

If I understand your concern correctly, it is that the aluminum will somehow get into the herb when you use the grinder or that the use of stainless will affect you adversely.

With respect to the grinder, I suspect herb does not have a chance to survive the grinder intct! :-).

I seriously doubt that trace amounts of aluminum are transferrd into the herb during the process. The only wear on the anodization I see is on the surface that meets with the part that rotates. I do not think any aluminum is winding up in me as a consequence.

As for stainless, again, it is used in cooking all the time. I tend to doubt that any harmful trace elements are getting into you by virtue of using stainless. Could I be wrong about the stainless? Yes, but my gut tells me no.

That said there is nothing wrong with being careful and taking the precautions you see fit.

People have used screens in pipes forever. Those screens get far more heat than we use in vaping...has the use of screens in pipes caused harm by the inhalation of trace metals?

checkyourlibido

People have used screens in pipes forever. Those screens get far more heat than we use in vaping...has the use of screens in pipes caused harm by the inhalation of trace metals?
That's the thing, tons of people get cancer. It's hard to tell what contributes. So I just do a few little things. Some of those things, I have no idea if they will help, like when I choose stainless over aluminum. But don't let this distract us from the fact that micro-plastics are everywhere, even in my bong water!!!

andrew`124c41+

That's the thing, tons of people get cancer. It's hard to tell what contributes. So I just do a few little things. Some of those things, I have no idea if they will help, like when I choose stainless over aluminum. But don't let this distract us from the fact that micro-plastics are everywhere, even in my bong water!!!
Yep, we live in a toxic environment.. food, water and air.

What you can do is keep your vitamin D level over 75 K. Most Western docs just follow the lab values so they accept anything over 30K. But articles published by the Life Extension Foundation recommend the higher value which may also boost immune response and may be a factor in who gets COVID.
All mediators that boost immune response may be helpful in preventing cancer. Antioxidants. I am sure you have read all this before.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
So I've had my TinyMight for 2 weeks now.

The honeymoon has been extended!!

Holy Fuck, I Love this vape!!

It checks all the boxes of what I want in a On-Demand portable vape

Flavour/ Hit Density/vapor: 9/10. It's up there with the my Splinter Z and Ghost MV1.
Man, that first hit is amazing, potent thick vapor, flavor drops after a couple of hits but I usually kill a stem in 2 hits at 6 heat setting. The cooling unit (nuts and bolts assembly) works wonderfully. I also use my RBT short stems pair with my Elv8r wand.

Ease of cleaning: 9/10, The TM is easy to clean, I brush out the chamber for any loose crumbs, I soak the stem+CU in ISO overnight, rinse with warm water and leave to dry.

Battery Life per Charge Cycle: : 8/10. so far, I can kill 8 stems at heat setting 6 , I have not let the battery drain fully so not sure how many stems I can kill before swapping/recharging. I love the removable battery feature! I keep a few batteries charged from my Splinter Z days and swap as needed.

Very happy with my purchase, so much so that I just ordered a second TinyMight :D

Cheers

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@JoeKickass, could you upload again your pics of Tinymight teardown? It would be soooo great as at the moment I'm waiting for delivery of my new Tinymight and I'd love to lerarn how to crack him open xD

They are on page 187...

Wait, I just went to go look at them and they no longer display. I don't know if that is due to the attachment problem on this site or if @JoeKickass had posted them on a hoster that quit...

Drats! I had that page memorized and cited it too a few times as well. There are a few other teardown pics sprinkled in the thread but I don’t know where they are.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is one of the teardown pics @JoeKickass posted:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Doesn't Tinymight look good with a TiStem? :brow:

PXL-20220207-151042399.jpg

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is one of the teardown pics @JoeKickass posted:
By Jove I think you’ve got it! :). The one glaring omission from the pic is the thin oring atop the glass cylinder is not pictured (I’ve commented on that before). I knew a few of the stalwarts in this thread would resurrect this and the others from @Siebter - thanks!

On tangential TM news… got to see my buddy @VapeKnight last night and another friend for dinner. No sooner had I parked he pulls up to me as I was finishing a few pre-dinner puffs on my TM, I roll down the window as he does and I asked if he has any Grey Poupon. He didn’t - and forgot to bring a vape with him. So I hopped into his car and we had a brief mini sesh with mine (we’re both vaxxed & boosted and see each other frequently). All good - and the TM even better! :) AND we were discussing the multi-light calibration sequence and we both think our TMs were produced before the next gen was that allows the multi-light calibration. He indicated mine was calibrated like his and I’ve never adjusted mine for the calibration. His is a couple months older than mine which arrived in my hands in March ‘20.

Cheers! :peace: :peace:

Sneech

Absolutely, I'm glad you are a convert, I like to milk my TM bowls, even the small ones, by starting as low as possible on the dial and slowly turning it up for each hit to eventually finish below level six through my dry pieces... So versatile to start higher on the dial and go through water, I just had a nice big bowl, turned it on session mode so I didn't have to hold the button down, at level 5, through water, tap the button to turn it off as I was feeling nearly done, to continue inhaling and clear the heat and vapor completely for a lovely mid temp one hitter of smooth thick flavorful vapor!
So for your temp stepping method it seems like you get around 5 solid hits per bowl? One hit at at temp level starting with 1? Do you ever remove the stem to stir the bowl before finishing? What color ABV does this method produce for you once your done?

Sneech,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So for your temp stepping method it seems like you get around 5 solid hits per bowl? One hit at at temp level starting with 1? Do you ever remove the stem to stir the bowl before finishing? What color ABV does this method produce for you once your done?

Nope, as I said I go up tiny bit by bit, not necessarily number by number, it's actually almost always more than 5 hits... Honestly I haven't cared to count in a long time lol No I never stir, no need with my bowls, baskets typically pretty close to the edge of the stem, I've tried it and there is no reward... I don't know how to answer the color question LOL

checkyourlibido

Nope, as I said I go up tiny bit by bit, not necessarily number by number, it's actually almost always more than 5 hits... Honestly I haven't cared to count in a long time lol No I never stir, no need with my bowls, baskets typically pretty close to the edge of the stem, I've tried it and there is no reward... I don't know how to answer the color question LOL
It's funny you say that, I thought the same when I saw the question. We need a color chart to put a numerical value to the color

Shit Snacks

Also though color can be misleading, like a few flecks of a darker color is not a big deal, a few flecks of a lighter color is not a big deal, what matters is the moisture level in the spent load, you can tell how something is extracted by flavor as well, which is what I go by along with the vapor production :tup:

checkyourlibido

Also though color can be misleading, like a few flecks of a darker color is not a big deal, a few flecks of a lighter color is not a big deal, what matters is the moisture level in the spent load, you can tell how something is extracted by flavor as well, which is what I go by along with the vapor production :tup:
Good points. I've been looking a little less at vapor production with my Flowerpot B1. It keeps pushing heavy clouds after the taste and the color are beyond where I want to go. But yeah, flavor has been a huge factor with the Flowerpot B1, I could be vaping in the dark and I still know when it's too brown. I'm wondering what the experience would be like with the TM, especially with the new board, I just have to get one and find out.

Shit Snacks

Good points. I've been looking a little less at vapor production with my Flowerpot B1. It keeps pushing heavy clouds after the taste and the color are beyond where I want to go. But yeah, flavor has been a huge factor with the Flowerpot B1, I could be vaping in the dark and I still know when it's too brown. I'm wondering what the experience would be like with the TM, I just have to get one and find out.

Yeah so when using through glass, like a water piece with good visibility, you can literally see the vapor thin out as you extract!

andrew`124c41+

Doesn't Tinymight look good with a TiStem? :brow:

PXL-20220207-151042399.jpg

Why TI? Did you put a screen in it? Are you using the cooling units or something else?

A lot of you guys talk about cloud production...wanting thick visible clouds.

My unit was purchased this past Xmas so I don't know how the calibration differs from others.

I start at about 3 and move on very small, almost imperceptible amounts. Usually, depending upon the strain and the moisture content, I usually don't see any cloud when I start. I generally have found I don't have to go past 4, that I can keep hitting with barely discernable cloud.

I find when I start out this way (and I am using a WP) I don't have any throat irritation.

As I take more hits and the cloud becomes more visible, I begin to get throat irritation. (I never smoke cigarettes and my conflagration days ended in 1969.

What I am wondering about...and experimenting with, is trying to balance getting as much as I can our of my herb while at the same time minimizing any throat or bronchial irritation.

The color of what remains is anywhere from dark greenish brown to a more ash looking product.

I sometimes wonder if I should just keep hitting until I get irritation and stop.... but, I wonder how much I might be wasting if I do that.

There is no doubt that the TM is an ingenious device.

I really appreciate the photos of the innards being posted! Now I don't have to let my curiosity force me to tear it down.

To date, I have not swapped batteries out even though at any given time I have a whole bunch of high current IMR and other mixed chemistry lithium ion batteries.

It is so easy and quick to charge with a fast charger!

andrew`124c41+,
Reactions: Summer

losojos

Can someone that's ordered from tinymightvape.com recently give me some insight into the waiting time, shipping experience, etc.? I ordered mind on Feb 1st, got both confirmation emails from tinymightvape.com with the future DHL tracking number, but nothing from DHL. The tracking number is also not found by DHL when I try to track the shipment. I emailed over the weekend, but still waiting on a response. I wouldn't worry except that the carriers seem to be losing about 20% of my deliveries these days, and that bogus tracking number...

losojos,

Momor

By Jove I think you’ve got it! :). The one glaring omission from the pic is the thin oring atop the glass cylinder is not pictured (I’ve commented on that before). I knew a few of the stalwarts in this thread would resurrect this and the others from @Siebter - thanks!

On tangential TM news… got to see my buddy @VapeKnight last night and another friend for dinner. No sooner had I parked he pulls up to me as I was finishing a few pre-dinner puffs on my TM, I roll down the window as he does and I asked if he has any Grey Poupon. He didn’t - and forgot to bring a vape with him. So I hopped into his car and we had a brief mini sesh with mine (we’re both vaxxed & boosted and see each other frequently). All good - and the TM even better! :) AND we were discussing the multi-light calibration sequence and we both think our TMs were produced before the next gen was that allows the multi-light calibration. He indicated mine was calibrated like his and I’ve never adjusted mine for the calibration. His is a couple months older than mine which arrived in my hands in March ‘20.

Cheers! :peace: :peace:
I think TM implemented the calibration setting menu in his software around late January 2020. The TM i bought in december 2019 was being repaired at the time and he told me in an email that my unit would updated with this new feature.

tebbirds

Gardener
Can someone that's ordered from tinymightvape.com recently give me some insight into the waiting time, shipping experience, etc.? I ordered mind on Feb 1st, got both confirmation emails from tinymightvape.com with the future DHL tracking number, but nothing from DHL. The tracking number is also not found by DHL when I try to track the shipment. I emailed over the weekend, but still waiting on a response. I wouldn't worry except that the carriers seem to be losing about 20% of my deliveries these days, and that bogus tracking number...
Check DHL again tomorrow and the next day. I wouldn’t worry yet. Sounds like how things went for me. It took a day or two between each of ordering/processing, shipping number and then finally it appearing on DHL and actually shipping, but then it just took a few days to arrive from there.

tebbirds,
Reactions: VapeArts
Top Bottom