TinyMight / TM 2

Vapefanatic

Ok. You guys are right, as always.

Turned the stem till i get no vapor. Then poured it out and stirred. The last hit produced some wispy vapor. Worth it or not, will depend on the mood. As a grower, its not really about the cost of herb. More of an ocd to get the kind of AVB i want.

Thanks for saving me much trouble. Now, i only need one stir, max. Any other useful tip? What about the jhook combo You guys have been raving about? Any DHgate links?

I use the @dzoinp mod for two weeks now.
For me it works perfect! Even roast and nice clouds at 5.5!
Thnx for this!
I really Fall back in love with my TM these days! :love:
What mod we talking about? Link to post pretty please?

Edit: Sorry for the double post. Pls merge.

Vapefanatic

Basket screens ordered. I only have one on the extra long cooling stem. I'm ok with my TMs performance for now. Looking forward to see how the basket will change things? Funny TM didn't pick this up?

On a different note, I received a reply from TM regarding my uneven WPAs. I sent an email with video and pics. I thought i Was gonna have to wait weeks like I read in the past but nope, got a reply within a day. David from TM deserves a big thumbs up!

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
That's so interesting – I used to twist the stem in mid-session or once more towards the end thinking it helps with better extraction, about a month or two ago someone in this thread inspired me to give it up and yeah: just the same results (for me).

Don't get confused, I'm just reporting. :-)

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Damn. DHL is fast. Ordered my 2nd TM and some accessories last Friday and it arrives at my home today. One week. Hell. Dynavap can’t get orders to me that fast and they’re in the US.

In anticipation of getting a WPA stem I’ve tried session mode a couple of times and I’m really impressed.

I’m so happy I finally hopped on the TM train. It really lives up to its name.

Vapefanatic

That's so interesting – I used to twist the stem in mid-session or once more towards the end thinking it helps with better extraction, about a month or two ago someone in this thread inspired me to give it up and yeah: just the same results (for me).

Don't get confused, I'm just reporting. :-)
All good, buddy. I'm still honeymooning with it. All info are welcome. Loving this thing so far. Insanely good.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hi mate and All, did you find out what was wrong with it??, I think i may have same issue! I turned it on and it gave a buzz with a blue whitish light! Then turned it back on and off, gave 4 buzzes so I know its full, but gives hardly no heat out, thought it might have been cu, so removed it completely and just left the what holds the herb! Still not much at all... so I've took the metal ring above the heater out and then the small mesh ring too. Felt the heater with my finger and its not giving much heat out at all, how hot should this be on temp 6? turned it right up and gives a little more heat then but I'm guessing should be very hot (at least burn finger a bit?) if it's heating the herb at least? Thought it might be a battery issue so bought a charger and new batteries,
So, in my case somehow the TM got into "Temp Adjust mode". Don't know how exactly as the process is a little drawn out, but I was getting a solid blue/white light and continuing vibration which is what TA mode looks like. After this event the power had dropped in my TM so that it's behavior at 7 was like it had been at 5. On the instructions of the TM folks I was able to readjust the temp range so that it worked fine after that, if maybe one step hotter. Turning on the TA mode is a little tedious and it may take a couple times to get it going, but it works well if your temperature must be adjusted.

Just as a BTW, normally losing power is a contact issue of some kind, but the light show I got made it clear it was TA mode instead that caused my temp change this time.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
That should be in the TM Hall of Fame as well as p 187 teardown pics. Never tried the dzoinp screen mod as that led me to an early comedy of errors and my first of two combustion incidents, both self-inflicted. Not sure if it’s right for me and how I use the TM but I see its merits and glad others use it. Perhaps one day...

cheers. :peace:

jay87

I think I probably load too much lol. Doesn't the black ring bother you? How do you get around that if not by stirring?
Something I've noticed regarding the ring, is that by my eyes it seems to exist primarily on the surface of the herb puck, meaning for me when I pour out the ABV and spread it out it looks much more uniformly brown than the green ring on the surface suggests.

Not sure if it's a trick of the eyes but I wonder if the core of the herb puck is getting heated and vaporizing and browning more evenly, even if that surface green ring is there.

I usually use higher temps so my "green" ring is more of a light brown ring anyway :lol:

Djsleepy

Basket screens ordered. I only have one on the extra long cooling stem. I'm ok with my TMs performance for now. Looking forward to see how the basket will change things? Funny TM didn't pick this up?

On a different note, I received a reply from TM regarding my uneven WPAs. I sent an email with video and pics. I thought i Was gonna have to wait weeks like I read in the past but nope, got a reply within a day. David from TM deserves a big thumbs up!
I believe they are settled into their new place and this is how things will run from now on 🤞I had my labels next day for repair. Will let you know how it goes!

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Ahh…turning the stem. Gonna try it right now. But the green spot is in the middle right?
:hmm:
I use the @dzoinp mod for two weeks now.
For me it works perfect! Even roast and nice clouds at 5.5!
Thnx for this!
;)

EDIT: as always i forgot to refresh before posting...sorry

Looking forward to see how the basket will change things? Funny TM didn't pick this up?
At least it's much easy to stir with no mess and the stem is not wagging in the unit
EDIT 3:i pack the stem until the edge, when inserted the greens will compact slightly

EDIT 2:
@Vapefanatic
You're right, Ville has had pictures of the mod since Jan 2020, but he didn't seem very interested, neither in the mod nor in the fact that some TM's have the wood with slight differences in height, which influences the tightness of the stem ring. In my two current TM's I had to reduce the height of the aluminum tube to be able to fully tighten the ring and allow the stem to be inserted and removed very easily ... to the point that it is not possible to hold the TM by the stem without it falling(with the original o-ring) ;)

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
meaning for me when I pour out the ABV and spread it out it looks much more uniformly brown than the green ring on the surface suggests.

Not sure if it's a trick of the eyes but I wonder if the core of the herb puck is getting heated and vaporizing and browning more evenly, even if that surface green ring is there.

I usually use higher temps so my "green" ring is more of a light brown ring anyway :lol:
Very similar for me - it’s always lighter just inside the stem walls around the perimeter but when you dump it out it looks all done. If anything an extra draw on a higher temp will cook it in finality. And I still don’t stir usually, just turn the stem (which may or may not actually work but it can’t hurt).

Good news @Djsleepy about the TM digs and operations. It sounds like they’re achieving more efficiency in several aspects - for everyone’s benefit. :peace:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Something I've noticed regarding the ring, is that by my eyes it seems to exist primarily on the surface of the herb puck, meaning for me when I pour out the ABV and spread it out it looks much more uniformly brown than the green ring on the surface suggests.

Very similar for me - it’s always lighter just inside the stem walls around the perimeter but when you dump it out it looks all done. If anything an extra draw on a higher temp will cook it in finality. And I still don’t stir usually, just turn the stem (which may or may not actually work but it can’t hurt).

Good news @Djsleepy about the TM digs and operations. It sounds like they’re achieving more efficiency in several aspects - for everyone’s benefit. :peace:

My experience as well. I never bother to stir or even twist the stem for that matter. It's usually the VERY outer edges of the load that is a lighter color with the ring in the middle. Crack that avb puck open and its all perfectly even and consistent.

west-elec

I think I probably load too much lol. Doesn't the black ring bother you? How do you get around that if not by stirring?
If your ring is blank, with green still showing you are probably running too hot. Back the dial down a bit, don't stir and take an extra hit or two to clear. At worst the ring should be darker brown but never black. At about 7 mine is pretty even.

NimChimpsky

I seem to be lucky with my unit. I will say though, the only thing I don't care for with this thing is the loud buzzing. It kinda makes me feel like this thing can fail at any moment. It's crazy loud. Other than that, this thing is a beast
Lmao my TM was delivered (everything packaged well and even had some extras) and I did a burn off before heading to the dog park. Upon firing it up, I laughed out loud then said aloud "that's crazy loud" 😂 immediately searched this thread for "loud" to ensure this was common and not an issue. It doesn't annoy me really I just thought it was comically loud. Looking forward to firing it up once the pup drains some of his endless energy!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@NimChimpsky haha yeah there is buzzing from the heater when activated, by the way I hope you at least cleaned it first, I didn't way back when I got my original one, but it has been shown here that there is a lot of dirtiness on the metal parts from the manufacturing process...

Based on your other posts, it does sound like you're loading too much, not that there's anything wrong with that, but you may be surprised the performance you get loading half that amount? Also have not really been getting the black ring in my new one, but I have been sticking to lower settings so far...

Ok. You guys are right, as always.

Turned the stem till i get no vapor. Then poured it out and stirred. The last hit produced some wispy vapor. Worth it or not, will depend on the mood. As a grower, its not really about the cost of herb. More of an ocd to get the kind of AVB i want.

Thanks for saving me much trouble. Now, i only need one stir, max. Any other useful tip? What about the jhook combo You guys have been raving about? Any DHgate links?

I still turn the stem a bit out of habit, but yeah less with my new one, doesn't seem necessary really?

I forget where you are located, but great j hooks from Oregon glass blower and rogue wax works sells basic ones in his Etsy shop... Preferable to dhgate for me.

What mod we talking about? Link to post pretty please?

So the basket screen that comes in the extra long cooling stem, that is a customized rimmed basket screen, slightly narrower than all the other ones available, sized so it will not get stuck in the TM when you remove it, all the other rimmed basket screens are wider and will get stuck... That is why this mod was developed, although honestly I see no value of this mod at all... All it does is force you to pack your herb a little further from the heater, and if you load a little more it will also tamp it down for you... So yeah many people love it here, but I still don't see the point of doing it personally!

AK47 AMI

If it works correctly, for sure.
You mean the coil under the heater screen, am I right?
Once you take the o ring out when the heater section is, then the metal ring and then the little mesh ring, tried putting on 5-6 and then keep button pressed till vibrate and check it by sticking tip on finger, just not that hot and if its not hot enough to heat my finger much, its not going to do much to the herb? So I Turner it up to 8,9,10 and gets hotter but still not hot enough, surely enough if I keep button pressed then the unit it self gets warm... but just not enough heat I think! No wondered not much vape coming out...

So, in my case somehow the TM got into "Temp Adjust mode". Don't know how exactly as the process is a little drawn out, but I was getting a solid blue/white light and continuing vibration which is what TA mode looks like. After this event the power had dropped in my TM so that it's behavior at 7 was like it had been at 5. On the instructions of the TM folks I was able to readjust the temp range so that it worked fine after that, if maybe one step hotter. Turning on the TA mode is a little tedious and it may take a couple times to get it going, but it works well if your temperature must be adjusted.

Just as a BTW, normally losing power is a contact issue of some kind, but the light show I got made it clear it was TA mode instead that caused my temp change this time.
I'm not sure but this might be what's happened, can you share the instructions at all please which TM told you and I can see if that's what's wrong with it? And then get it resolved if possible. The blue purplish white light came up on mine but I just turned it off and then back on again, could this have been what's up with it?!

@AK47 AMI hey man, I know you've been having problems with your lungs, does that mean you maybe aren't drawing for long enough for the vapour to start? Don't put your finger on the heater man, it gets hot enough to fuse the metal screen to it if it gets pushed through. Try session mode, that might help keep some heat in the bowl between puffs of you aren't able to pull for long enough.

@Vapefanatic many of us don't believe it's worth stirring, do your usual stir only once at the end of a bowl and see if it's worth it for you? If you don't stir you should be able to blow the warm puck of abv out leaving very little in the way of crumbs in the tip.

I don't know mate when I first started using it, it seemed to be fine. But yes I can't draw for too long now due to lungs not brilliant 😭 Sadly makes me think I should have gone for a different vape where wouldn't need to draw or take much effort?! I didn't think you had to draw much on this to get good vape? And I've had some good hits when first got it. It's really not heating up much and I'm thinking that's the issue, as like I said yes it's should burn my finger a little but it's really not getting that hot enough to anywhere near that?? Or I would have felt it? I'm starting to think do I need to take apart to shimmy the contact as has been mentioned a lot alrwady?

AK47 AMI,

NimChimpsky

Thanks for the reminder @Shit Snacks ! I would totally have forgotten and there was indeed a good bit of residue.

There's really not much I can add that hasn't been said here already, so I'll keep it brief..

I've had a few loads dry and through water. Fucking Wow. Absolutely incredible. Flavor, extraction, consistency, ease of use. Like there was no learning curve whatsoever (granted, I have read though a lot of the tips on this thread - and I thank you all for those).

Still lots to explore but there's no question this will get daily use. I dont recall being more impressed with any vape upon first use (my VB is the only thing that comes to mind). Should have gotten one of these a long time ago :peace:

Last edited:

angular ocelot

I don't know mate when I first started using it, it seemed to be fine. But yes I can't draw for too long now due to lungs not brilliant 😭 Sadly makes me think I should have gone for a different vape where wouldn't need to draw or take much effort?! I didn't think you had to draw much on this to get good vape? And I've had some good hits when first got it. It's really not heating up much and I'm thinking that's the issue, as like I said yes it's should burn my finger a little but it's really not getting that hot enough to anywhere near that?? Or I would have felt it? I'm starting to think do I need to take apart to shimmy the contact as has been mentioned a lot alrwady?
my lungs are a bit knackered and i can only take short draws. thats what i like about this vape is that it can extract a lot with a five or six second draw and very little draw resistance. sounds like yours isnt working properly but when it is you should be fine.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
haha yeah there is buzzing from the heater when activated, by the way I hope you at least cleaned it first, I didn't way back when I got my original one, but it has been shown here that there is a lot of dirtiness on the metal parts from the manufacturing process...
What metal parts do you feel need to be cleaned? The aluminum cylinder and the ring that tightens the stem oring are the only things I can think you might mean. I don't really want to disassemble the device to clean it before using it and even what I mentioned is out of the air path...
could this have been what's up with it?!
Could be, it may be worth a try.

cybrguy,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What metal parts do you feel need to be cleaned? The aluminum cylinder and the ring that tightens the stem oring are the only things I can think you might mean. I don't really want to disassemble the device to clean it before using it and even what I mentioned is out of the air path...

Could be, it may be worth a try.

Yes primarily those, I also cleaned the heater screen and the ring it is in (kept it in the ring), all rinsed in iso and qtip scrubbed (except for the screen itself which I did not scrub) then rinsed with water. Also used iso dampened qtip to do the metal threading inside of the TM (very carefully with TM upside down, really lightly dampened qtip) and gently the glass sleeve inside as well...
I also did the battery cap and it's threading, just to ensure best contact etc, plus glass stems and if you plan to use it the cooling unit too ofcourse (have not cleaned my CU yet since I am just using jayhooks etc) Yes it is minimal stuff to clean within the air and vapor paths, and very quick to do, not a huge deal since I didn't do it on my original one, but when you do it yourself and see the dirt on the qtips afterwards (bamboo organic cotton ones) then you will be glad you did!

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
The quality of the greens is essential, but for me to stir or not to stir depends on the quantity that I pack.
When I'm in a hurry to get high, I pack less than .1 I give 2 hits and done.
when I want a slightly longer session, I add 3x more greens 5/6 hits with 1or 2 stirs

Now a question for everyone, but especially for those who do not usually stir.
How many greens per bowl and how many hits do you get?

Top Bottom