TinyMight / TM 2

Fart_Goblin

WOW!

So I finally cleaned everything up with some soapy water, put it all back together, watched a quick start guide on youtube, chopped up some good herb and loaded up the stem...

And was hugely disappointed.

I started at a 5, and got nothing... so then I went up to a 6 and 7, same problem.

Eventually out of frustration, I turned it up to 9, and this time I got a little steam but that was it... I started to curse my luck, I was convinced one of those horror stories had come true and I had ended up with a dud straight out of the box.

Then an old memory bubbled up from the thick smoke of my hazy subconscious... With herb vapes, you need to apply a little pressure and have to pull for a few seconds...

I had been pulling on it like a dab cartridge, expecting to be able to feel vapour filling my lungs within a second or two of a light pressure.

So, still set to 9, I fired it up again, this time pulling with more pressure for about 10 seconds...

And I immediately coughed like I haven't since the last time I'd rolled a joint several months ago.

To my surprise, I exhaled a cloud a bong would be proud of, but better tasting than any combustion hit I'd ever taken...

The flavour was delicious! Without the hot smoke to adulterate it, it tasted exactly like that delicious aroma I got when I pulled the ground bud out of my grinder... I've never really been one to dwell too long on the flavour of cannabis only really caring about the effect, but I get it now when people say that this or that strain is delicious!

And of course I think it goes without saying, that I was high as all hell.

I was worried that, as a joint smoker, the TM would at best be able give me an anemic version of good rip from a phat joint, and I would just have to learn to settle and adjust my expectations...

Nope!

After turning it down to an 8 and taking another good rip, I found myself almost immediately settling into a very heavy, solid, energized yet relaxed high... None of that jittery almost nervousness that has always hit me after combustion, or the roughness and heaviness in my lung; I just felt really good, and really high! It's more of a 'lighter' high, but much more intense. Exactly the sort of high I am always hoping for whenever I got a new strain of cannabis and applied my lighter to it! I could get used to this!!

I threw it into session mode, but realized I was way past where I wanted to be as far as effect and put it back to on demand (As a long time heavy smoker I honestly thought I was past the point in my life where I could overshoot how high I wanted to get, you learn something new every day).

I woke up this morning having eaten half the food in my kitchen including 50 gingerbread cookies, realizing I binge watched the new season of one of my favourite TV shows last night, not really remembering any episode specifically but left with the strong impression I really enjoyed it and had had a phenomenal time, and best of all no ash and no smell anywhere at all!!!

One thing you don't hear much about vape life is how much cleaner it is than combustion. No roaches, bong ash etc lying around, not lingering smokey smell clinging to the carpet or the drapes... Just a neat little pile of AVB on one of those funky little TM coasters, and the TM itself sitting there still with a half vaped stem loaded up starting at me like a challenge.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I really really love this thing! After waiting for it to ship, arrive, paying the $70 duties and taxes, I was really wondering how this thing, however good it is, could justify all of that... well it does, and then some.

Thanks FuckCombustion I probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger on a TM without you and otherwise might be sitting here with a Solo 2.

FC rocks!

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
WOW!

So I finally cleaned everything up with some soapy water, put it all back together, watched a quick start guide on youtube, chopped up some good herb and loaded up the stem...

And was hugely disappointed. I started at a 5, and got nothing... so then I went up to a 6 and 7, same problem.

Eventually out of frustration, I turned it up to 9, and this time I got a little steam but that was it... I started to curse my luck, I was convinced one of those horror stories had come true and I had ended up with a dud straight out of the box.

Then an old memory bubbled up from the thick sweet smoke of my past... You have to pull for a few seconds.

I had been pulling on it like a dab cartridge, expecting to be able to feel vapour filling my lungs within a second of two of light pulling.

So, still set to 9, I fired it up again, this time pulling with more pressure for about 10 seconds...

And I chocked and coughed like I haven't since the last time I'd rolled a joint several months ago.

To my surprise, I exhaled a cloud my bong would be proud of, but better tasting than any hit from recent memory...

The flavour was delicious! Without the hot smoke to adulterate it, it tasted exactly like that delicious aroma I got when I dumped the ground bud out of my grinder... I've never really been one to dwell too long on the flavour of cannabis only really caring about the effect, but I get it now when people say that this or that strain is delicious!

And of course I think it goes without saying I was high as all hell. I was worried that, as a joint smoker, the TM would at best be able give me an aenimic version of good rip and a joint, and I would just have to learn to settle.

Nope!

After turning it down to an 8 and taking another good rip, I found myself almost immediately settling into a nice solid, energized yet relaxed high... None of that jittery almost nervousness that has always hit me after combustion, or the roughness and heaviness in my lung; I just felt really good, and really high! It's more of a 'lighter' high, but much more intense. I could get used to this!

I threw it into session mode, but realized I was already in over my head and put it back to on demand (As a long time heavy smoker I honestly thought I was past the point in my life where I could overshoot how high I wanted to get, you learn something new every day).

I woke up this morning having eaten half the food in my kitchen including 50 gingerbread cookies, realizing I binge watched the new season of one of my favourite TV shows last night, not really remembering any episode specifically but left with the strong impression I really enjoyed it, and best of all no ash and no smell anywhere!!!

One thing you don't hear much about vape life is how much cleaner it is than combustion. No roaches, bong ash ect lying around, not lingering smokey smell clinging to the carpet or the drapes... Just a neat little pile of AVB on one of those funky TM coasters, and the TM itself sitting there still with a half vaped stem loaded up starting at my like a challenge.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I really really love this thing. After waiting for it to ship, arrive, paying the $70 duties and taxes, I was really wondering how this thing however good it could all of that... well it does and then some

Thanks FuckCombustion I probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger on a TM without you and otherwise might be sitting here with a Solo 2

FC rocks!

Nice to read a HAPPY story..... :clap:

Djsleepy

i think i'm losing power :(

i've had my Tinymight for 9 months now. just recently noticed that a 8/10 is longer charring like it used to when i first got it. I also remember that after two bowls the wood body would get really warm. I can do four bowls now and the wood barely changes temp and the glass stem no longer comes out screaming hot.

i did the battery shim the other day but wasn't able to do a very good test. planning on trying tonight. Anything else i should be looking for?
Make sure oring under lid and glass is in place, should feel smooth and uniform inside of stem hole if you use your finger to check! Good luck!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
One thing you don't hear much about vape life is how much cleaner it is than combustion. No roaches, bong ash etc lying around, not lingering smokey smell clinging to the carpet or the drapes... Just a neat little pile of AVB on one of those funky little TM coasters, and the TM itself sitting there still with a half vaped stem loaded up starting at me like a challenge.
Cleaner, healthier (subjective but it is for me) and I’m less tired and have more energy in general. Combustion was always very couch-lock for me however I have always enjoyed many physical and outdoor activities under the influence, even more so with vaping. And definitely less smelly than combustion too (not eliminated but much better). I’ve had my TM for a year - hands down the best portable vape I’ve used and own. I reach for it before my others. I still use the stock short stem and cooling unit, which I love. I am contemplating trying it without the cooling unit when I get motivated - and get some new screens. Welcome to the TM club! Tinymight is a DopeCannon(TM) every single time! :peace:

AK47 AMI

Ever since I had that light show with blue light from the led, my TM has been producing less heat at a given heat setting. I was using mostly 5 before and find I need to go to 7 to get similar hits. I could have coincidentally developed a contact issue at the same time, but I doubt it, and if I don't need to go inside to work on contacts I would rather not.
If nobody has an idea what all the blue light activity was that I described above, I am gonna have to try the email dance with the vendor. At least he seems more responsive these days...

Hi mate and All, did you find out what was wrong with it??, I think i may have same issue! I turned it on and it gave a buzz with a blue whitish light! Then turned it back on and off, gave 4 buzzes so I know its full, but gives hardly no heat out, thought it might have been cu, so removed it completely and just left the what holds the herb! Still not much at all... so I've took the metal ring above the heater out and then the small mesh ring too. Felt the heater with my finger and its not giving much heat out at all, how hot should this be on temp 6? turned it right up and gives a little more heat then but I'm guessing should be very hot (at least burn finger a bit?) if it's heating the herb at least? Thought it might be a battery issue so bought a charger and new batteries, Thought might have damaged my cell as when first used it didn't charge it up before using as @Shit Snacks mentioned before, and just been using USB to do it instead... but have bought a new charger and checked it and its at 4.1! Can't be something wrong with cell... any ideas guys?! Not even had it that long n not used much either tbf!!

Seen videos where the TM is filling up pipes/bongs at press of a button and the n when full people taking a hit! I'm drawing from mine and still can't get any vape out of it! 😭😭

I can’t use my TM above 4/5 without burning the fuck out of herb. Is this normal? Or is mine running hot?
I’m new to the TM but feel this isn’t something I’m doing, but perhaps it is?

I wish mine would, complete opposite!!

@AK47 AMI I really like this piece from dhgate
View attachment 6174
It's great for watching the clouds build so you can see how much vapor your getting, very useful for knowing when you want to temp step up to get more vapor. I still take long draws but I start at a lower temperature and work my way up one full setting at a time, more if I want a bigger hit to satisfy that urge but I am trying to do that less and take it easy. I know it's a little odd taking it easy with a vape that is known for such performance and monster hits but when you think about it it also takes a lot of precision to be able to temp step so easily, perhaps that will make it fell less like your vaping with training wheels and just doing something that is a different style. In time if you vape everyday you might find the irritation become less and less, I did. Even though I can take some monster hits it's just not something that is my major concern these days as it was in the past. I still like talking a hits that's as big as I can just not with the vapor as thick as possible and I've been finding the lower temperature hits very tasty and satisfying in their own way. But do yourself a favor and if you do place a dhgate order for a bubbler grab a j hook to, maybe for starting the load low temp and going to the bubbler to finish, many options!
Nice one mate, will this need a 14/18 mm wpa to work, I was looking for one but TM had sold out, yes I could do with something that shows how much cloud is in there before taking a draw tbh! Which model is this can you send a link pls and I get this and a j hook once my TM is up and running again! 🙂

Last edited:
AK47 AMI,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So when in session mode, how long do you guys wait, since there's no vibrate to tell you it's time?

I'll typically wait around 5 seconds or so before I start drawing slowly, usually using level 5 or 6, speeding up my draw once I know the heater is warmed up fully... Never noticed that the lights before, I mean I noticed something, but didn't pay attention so that makes sense... However whenever I am using session mode, it is to take just one big hit without holding the button down (typically through water) because I want to be able to clear the hit properly, so I will then turn off the TM and keep inhaling... Just like I would when using in on demand mode, letting go of the button and continuing to inhale, so I can clear all the vapor and keep my TM pristine!

WOW!

And was hugely disappointed.

I started at a 5, and got nothing... so then I went up to a 6 and 7, same problem.

Then an old memory bubbled up from the thick smoke of my hazy subconscious... With herb vapes, you need to apply a little pressure and have to pull for a few seconds...

I had been pulling on it like a dab cartridge, expecting to be able to feel vapour filling my lungs within a second or two of a light pressure.

And I immediately coughed like I haven't since the last time I'd rolled a joint several months ago.

To my surprise, I exhaled a cloud a bong would be proud of, but better tasting than any combustion hit I'd ever taken...

The flavour was delicious! Without the hot smoke to adulterate it, it tasted exactly like that delicious aroma I got when I pulled the ground bud out of my grinder... I've never really been one to dwell too long on the flavour of cannabis only really caring about the effect, but I get it now when people say that this or that strain is delicious!

And of course I think it goes without saying, that I was high as all hell.

I was worried that, as a joint smoker, the TM would at best be able give me an anemic version of good rip from a phat joint, and I would just have to learn to settle and adjust my expectations...

Nope!

After turning it down to an 8 and taking another good rip, I found myself almost immediately settling into a very heavy, solid, energized yet relaxed high... None of that jittery almost nervousness that has always hit me after combustion, or the roughness and heaviness in my lung; I just felt really good, and really high! It's more of a 'lighter' high, but much more intense. Exactly the sort of high I am always hoping for whenever I got a new strain of cannabis and applied my lighter to it! I could get used to this!!

I threw it into session mode, but realized I was way past where I wanted to be as far as effect and put it back to on demand (As a long time heavy smoker I honestly thought I was past the point in my life where I could overshoot how high I wanted to get, you learn something new every day).

I woke up this morning having eaten half the food in my kitchen including 50 gingerbread cookies, realizing I binge watched the new season of one of my favourite TV shows last night, not really remembering any episode specifically but left with the strong impression I really enjoyed it and had had a phenomenal time, and best of all no ash and no smell anywhere at all!!!

Sorry for the wall of text, but I really really love this thing! After waiting for it to ship, arrive, paying the $70 duties and taxes, I was really wondering how this thing, however good it is, could justify all of that... well it does, and then some.

Thanks FuckCombustion I probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger on a TM without you and otherwise might be sitting here with a Solo 2.

FC rocks!

This is great to see, and make sense since you were used to joints, had you gotten the solo you probably would have been fine right away, since it makes the vapor for you and you just puff on it... However since you got the TM you are experiencing what full power pure convection on demand can do! You see it is a different experience, because the vapor is being created by you inhaling the hot air through it, definitely takes some getting used to at first, glad you are already taking to it quite well quite quick!

@AK47 AMI I'm sorry that really sucks dude, see if you can troubleshoot a little more, then just maybe send it in for warranty service? If you're not able to have the experience above or close to anything else you've seen posted here, and what you describe with the heat doesn't sound right, then yeah could be defective after all! Good luck again my friend

AK47 AMI

Uh, that ain't right, Dude. That light should be red. :hmm:
It is usually red...buzzes 4 times and then just blinks... if its been charged up too much or to the max by usb, I think it comes on with a blue purplish light and vibrates! And then when turn on or off goes to the red etc... but I'm concerned as no vape coming out and when I checked the heater by sticking finger in to see of hot, not really that hot
I'll typically wait around 5 seconds or so before I start drawing slowly, usually using level 5 or 6, speeding up my draw once I know the heater is warmed up fully... Never noticed that the lights before, I mean I noticed something, but didn't pay attention so that makes sense... However whenever I am using session mode, it is to take just one big hit without holding the button down (typically through water) because I want to be able to clear the hit properly, so I will then turn off the TM and keep inhaling... Just like I would when using in on demand mode, letting go of the button and continuing to inhale, so I can clear all the vapor and keep my TM pristine!

This is great to see, and make sense since you were used to joints, had you gotten the solo you probably would have been fine right away, since it makes the vapor for you and you just puff on it... However since you got the TM you are experiencing what full power pure convection on demand can do! You see it is a different experience, because the vapor is being created by you inhaling the hot air through it, definitely takes some getting used to at first, glad you are already taking to it quite well quite quick!

@AK47 AMI I'm sorry that really sucks dude, see if you can troubleshoot a little more, then just maybe send it in for warranty service? If you're not able to have the experience above or close to anything else you've seen posted here, and what you describe with the heat doesn't sound right, then yeah could be defective after all! Good luck again my friend

Yeah mate it's just a major pain in the backside!! Thought it was the battery but obviously not that, my lungs are not great so I can't be taking massive draws off it!! But besides that, how hot should the heater be if you stick your finger tip on it as I've tried on 6-7 and it's just not that hot tbh?? Does anyone know of it should be burning the finger tip? I turned it up and yes the while bottom of the unit gets warm and even hot but the heat is just not giving that much out as far as I can see?? Or is it the heater not supposedly to be that hot anyway? 🤔 and when you're taking a draw it gets hotter... just doesn't make senses man... and when I was toking on it before I was getting some clouds at first...

AK47 AMI,

Djsleepy

It is usually red...buzzes 4 times and then just blinks... if its been charged up too much or to the max by usb, I think it comes on with a blue purplish light and vibrates! And then when turn on or off goes to the red etc... but I'm concerned as no vape coming out and when I checked the heater by sticking finger in to see of hot, not really that hot

Yeah mate it's just a major pain in the backside!! Thought it was the battery but obviously not that, my lungs are not great so I can't be taking massive draws off it!! But besides that, how hot should the heater be if you stick your finger tip on it as I've tried on 6-7 and it's just not that hot tbh?? Does anyone know of it should be burning the finger tip? I turned it up and yes the while bottom of the unit gets warm and even hot but the heat is just not giving that much out as far as I can see?? Or is it the heater not supposedly to be that hot anyway? 🤔 and when you're taking a draw it gets hotter... just doesn't make senses man... and when I was toking on it before I was getting some clouds at first
Don’t char your finger man !

Vapefanatic

I tend to stir almost every hit to get that evenly extracted AVB. I empty it and suck it back up like many others. I fill a lot.

When emptying, I find it annoying that bits gets stuck on the outer edges of the glass tube. Like static electricity kinda stuck. I brush it off but it becomes rather annoying to deal with it.

Anyone experience the same? How do you deal with it?

Vapefanatic,

west-elec

I tend to stir almost every hit to get that evenly extracted AVB. I empty it and suck it back up like many others. I fill a lot.

When emptying, I find it annoying that bits gets stuck on the outer edges of the glass tube. Like static electricity kinda stuck. I brush it off but it becomes rather annoying to deal with it.

Yeah I noticed that straight away with the cooling unit stem, my clean out method is tap on table, and the specs fly back up and cling like confetti to a balloon. I assumed the airflow through the steel cooling unit got a static charge going, like a little van de Graff generator. Swap to WPA and it disappears. I haven't tried it without the nuts and washers, but probably the CU causes it. Bit annoying, another reason to go WPA.

Vapefanatic

Yeah I noticed that straight away with the cooling unit stem, my clean out method is tap on table, and the specs fly back up and cling like confetti to a balloon. I assumed the airflow through the steel cooling unit got a static charge going, like a little van de Graff generator. Swap to WPA and it disappears. I haven't tried it without the nuts and washers, but probably the CU causes it. Bit annoying, another reason to go WPA.
Mines the same whether WPA or dry. Only exception is the extra long stem cos that one uses a rimmed basket screen. I use rimless basket on all other tubes, whether dry or WPA. Not a biggie really.

You remove your nuts and washers too? Nice to know. I just don't wanna remove the whole thing each time i clean it. I know I'll have to with the nuts and washers. But without, I can just remove oring and dip into iso.

Vapefanatic,

Djsleepy

Its just doesn't get hot enough to do that's the issue, is yours??
Make sure your temp dial didn’t move, have you taken apart? If yes reassemble making sure circuit board contacts are touching sides if bottom lid. The circuit board can shift a little and cause contacts to not be aligned mine did it and I thought I had burned out heater but once the contacts were clean (might as well do since you are there) and bottom lid on correctly it fired right up!

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

I use the TM with stock small glass & CU. Straw Suck to load, blow out to:
SPITTOON.
I don’t stir, avoiding the extra handling. After temp stepping, the load is extracted. Have fun!

0708C70D-B4E4-41F9-8AE0-09780E494303.jpeg

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@AK47 AMI hey man, I know you've been having problems with your lungs, does that mean you maybe aren't drawing for long enough for the vapour to start? Don't put your finger on the heater man, it gets hot enough to fuse the metal screen to it if it gets pushed through. Try session mode, that might help keep some heat in the bowl between puffs of you aren't able to pull for long enough.

@Vapefanatic many of us don't believe it's worth stirring, do your usual stir only once at the end of a bowl and see if it's worth it for you? If you don't stir you should be able to blow the warm puck of abv out leaving very little in the way of crumbs in the tip.

Vapefanatic

@Vapefanatic many of us don't believe it's worth stirring, do your usual stir only once at the end of a bowl and see if it's worth it for you? If you don't stir you should be able to blow the warm puck of abv out leaving very little in the way of crumbs in the tip.
I think I probably load too much lol. Doesn't the black ring bother you? How do you get around that if not by stirring?

Vapefanatic,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I rarely stir. I turn the stem a quarter or half turn between sessions and the load is usually fully extracted. Don’t pack too deep a load. I pack about as deep as the stem is wide, never measure and do the suck-straw method a majority of the time (unless I want a special kief addition which I’ll load with a small scoop and do a light tamp). Tinymight = :love: . TGIF! :peace:

Vapefanatic

I rarely stir. I turn the stem a quarter or half turn between sessions and the load is usually fully extracted. Don’t pack too deep a load. I pack about as deep as the stem is wide, never measure and do the suck-straw method a majority of the time (unless I want a special kief addition which I’ll load with a small scoop and do a light tamp). Tinymight = :love: . TGIF! :peace:

Ahh…turning the stem. Gonna try it right now. But the green spot is in the middle right? Only one way to find out I guess. Another excuse for a bowl :lol: :lol:

Vapefanatic,
Reactions: Vaporific

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
i think i'm losing power :(

i've had my Tinymight for 9 months now. just recently noticed that a 8/10 is longer charring like it used to when i first got it. I also remember that after two bowls the wood body would get really warm. I can do four bowls now and the wood barely changes temp and the glass stem no longer comes out screaming hot.

i did the battery shim the other day but wasn't able to do a very good test. planning on trying tonight. Anything else i should be looking for?
Have you tried tightening the screw on the bottom, that's all mine needed.

Top Bottom