TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just wanted to saw mine got here this morning! I have a few things to do today but will be putting it through it's paces this evening. I'm definitely getting a funny smell from it though, so I think I need to dissemble and clean all the parts thoroughly before I throw some herb into it.

Very very excited though!!

That smell is likely the linseed oil that was used to finish the oak wood, I noticed it with my recent one that arrived, as I had said before I think maybe to you, yeah clean all the metal parts with iso dampened qtip, you will see plenty of dirt come off... Then if you can let it air out a bit afterwards, it will take a few days at least for the fishy smell to dissipate, but the more you use it in the more you handle it in your hands the more it will fade away... Also once you clean all the other parts, it should not affect the taste of your vape session, if you want to use it sooner, just take your time with it, g'luck!

jay87

Just received a 18mm J-hook from DHgate and I was pretty skeptical about how just a curved glass piece was gonna offer cooling comparable to water, but after trying it I gotta say I'm very impressed with the cooling and vapor quality.

I think this nothing fancy sherlock J-hook is comparable to the cooling I get from my go to water piece which is a pretty big deal actually. I think the way the air flows through the piece and the skinny mouthpiece are really nice with how I like to inhale.

For me the TinyMight can legitimately compete with my e-nano, the deciding factor between them usually being the TinyMight has little to no heat up time and no cord so a lot of situations the TinyMight wins out.

sidebar-- Someone else mentioned awhile back about some slight inconsistency in TinyMight hits and I started noticing the same thing.
Their fix was to tighten the stem holder side of the vape and lo and behold when I checked mine it was a bit loose and I was able to just hand tighten it.
After tightening the input for the stem was noticeably tighter and I believe solved any minor inconsistency issue I might've had.

So now after replacing my batteries I do a little hand tighten check on my stem side and everything's good to go! :love:

Fart_Goblin

That smell is likely the linseed oil that was used to finish the oak wood, I noticed it with my recent one that arrived, as I had said before I think maybe to you, yeah clean all the metal parts with iso dampened qtip, you will see plenty of dirt come off... Then if you can let it air out a bit afterwards, it will take a few days at least for the fishy smell to dissipate, but the more you use it in the more you handle it in your hands the more it will fade away... Also once you clean all the other parts, it should not affect the taste of your vape session, if you want to use it sooner, just take your time with it, g'luck!
Thanks, now that you mention it, it definitely does have sort of a 'varnishy' smell. It's not strong and doesn't bother me much, my only concern is I don't want any residue from the manufacturing process making it into my lungs really. Anyway I'm off to very carefully take this thing apart and clean it then a meeting, I thought I had some iso on hand but I guess not so it will just be soap and water for now.

I'm up in Canada, I picked up a high quality locally grown indica yesterday so I imagine I will be sleeping the sleep of angels tonight!

BTW thanks Shitsnacks and everyone else for guiding me through the decision making process and providing the wealth of knowledge that exists here!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks, now that you mention it, it definitely does have sort of a 'varnishy' smell. It's not strong and doesn't bother me much, my only concern is I don't want any residue from the manufacturing process making it into my lungs really.

Nothing to worry about there, the linseed oil finish is only on the outside wood!

Anyway I'm off to very carefully take this thing apart and clean it then a meeting, I thought I had some iso on hand but I guess not so it will just be soap and water for now.

Should be fine with just soap and water, use something gentle, like a q-tip, to scrub the metal parts (mainly the tube under the top ring, and cooling unit-- pay attention to how everything is assembled, so you can put it back together properly) just be careful is all.

I'm up in Canada, I picked up a high quality locally grown indica yesterday so I imagine I will be sleeping the sleep of angels tonight!

BTW thanks Shitsnacks and everyone else for guiding me through the decision making process and providing the wealth of knowledge that exists here!

Nice! Hope you enjoy! :tup:

MonkeyTime

I wonder if I can even get mine fixed due to Pact act.going into effect.on the 27th! Ugh, might just have to buy another one!
They ship out DHL from TM, maybe you could ship it back the same way? I have no experience with their costs though.....

Big shout out for the TM customer service! While it took a bit to work out, I have some old parts that were left out of an order and a new TM on their way Monday for my RMA. All done very politely and in the end, a timely fashion :rockon:

PogueMahone

Adding a coat or two of beeswax turns that fishy linseed oil smell to a light honey smell, which I find far more appealing.

Vapefanatic

Polish DHL probably don't care about the US ban. Polish DHL wants to make a profit, just like DHLs everywhere.

The form factor and battery is gonna be a problem though. My customs assumed it was an ecig vape. Taxed me accordingly. Ouch. But its really a DHL problem in my case. My local DHL is the ONLY courier company I know that will intentionally try to get your package taxed/dutied. All because of a processing fee they make from clearing your package for you. If I ever buy a second one, I'm gonna request for some other couriers. I'm obviously not worried about the ban cos it's Poland to Not US so i actually plan to wait for an upgrade. They seem to only get better with time. This thread is a glaring proof.

TM needs to start distancing itself from the V word. Skip the instructions, skip the battery ffs! Send the unit in the pouch without the cooling unit please. Its like they're trying to make it look more like an ecig lol. Remove all wordings of Vape or Vaporizer and call it a portable aromatherapy device or similar please. The glass stems should help the case but the cooling unit in the tube looks too much like an ecig tank. Should be separate too.

They've definitely made enough money too so change the form factor. Invest in a new mold. Any shape as long as it doesn't remind anyone of an ecig. I'm not a designer lol.

Besides that, I've settled on 6.5 which I'm happy with. So far, it's been draw, draw, stir, draw, stir, draw. Perfectly even dark brown abv at 6.5.

I'm very impressed. I've never doubted the TM. Was just worried I'll get bad luck with my unit. So far so good. Too bad the multi WPA ain't that ideal at the joint.

Djsleepy

Well TM’s response to Pact act and if they will still be able to repair units-

Yes of course we will, nothing will change!

Good to hear but my question would be how long before dhl jumps on board or shipping costs are as much the vape? Lol

@cybrguy you will love your back up I’m sure as it will be newest version (updated)

Got my label will send out today!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
So when in session mode, how long do you guys wait, since there's no vibrate to tell you it's time?

I dont use it personally but just to see it, if you do it in a darker area theres actually a 2nd LED up by the stem. In session mode this doesn't come on until its ready... if the room isnt too bright its easy to see.

I could have dreamt that tho. Pretty sure its right.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So when in session mode, how long do you guys wait, since there's no vibrate to tell you it's time?
Actually, in session mode another light comes on when its ready. It took me a little while to notice it was doing this. This is most noticeable the first time you go into session mode in a session (necessarily redundant) as the delay is longer from cold. Later the extra light is on almost immediately.

This signal is most visible for me on my clear RBT stems as the joint amplifies the light. On the smoky stem it is hardly noticeable and you have to look at the stem socket to see it well.

Added: I see @BrianTL describes this above as well.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I noticed on my commercial invoice for my return/repair the description of “herbal vaporizer” was replaced with “electronic heating device!” That’s one way around it , I decided to send with no battery so there wouldn’t be issues if opened.
It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Will certain devices be stopped in transit and returned to the shipper? Will shippers be warned and then watched? Will objects in transit just be deep sixed? There are so many ways this could go. David doesn't seem to be concerned, for example, but that might not be well founded...

Djsleepy

It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Will certain devices be stopped in transit and returned to the shipper? Will shippers be warned and then watched? Will objects in transit just be deep sixed? There are so many ways this could go. David doesn't seem to be concerned, for example, but that might not be well founded...
I agree , we will see and hope for the best! David is counting on DHL but once they are the only game in town to ship you can bet those prices will go up!

TM

i think i'm losing power :(

i've had my Tinymight for 9 months now. just recently noticed that a 8/10 is longer charring like it used to when i first got it. I also remember that after two bowls the wood body would get really warm. I can do four bowls now and the wood barely changes temp and the glass stem no longer comes out screaming hot.

i did the battery shim the other day but wasn't able to do a very good test. planning on trying tonight. Anything else i should be looking for?

TM,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
i think i'm losing power :(

i've had my Tinymight for 9 months now. just recently noticed that a 8/10 is longer charring like it used to when i first got it. I also remember that after two bowls the wood body would get really warm. I can do four bowls now and the wood barely changes temp and the glass stem no longer comes out screaming hot.

i did the battery shim the other day but wasn't able to do a very good test. planning on trying tonight. Anything else i should be looking for?

Top Bottom