TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Is it possible to dissemble the unit to the point were I could bake the wooden body in the oven?
If you see page 187 (♥️ - it should be in the TM HOF) the board is attached to the bottom of the wood. I’ve disassembled mine a couple of times for maintenance though would not advise to remove the board from the wood to put it in an oven or for any other reason :2c:. I’m handy enough to take it apart but wouldn’t remove the board from the wooden body. Good luck.:peace:

Vaporific

@Vaporific, nothing more to add.
Yes, that but I don’t think that screw would loosen the board from the wood. The pics and my memory (meh) suggest the board is adhered to the wood with glue or similar, not screwed together. However, YES, don’t screw with that screw nonetheless.

If I have the time and patience (not a strong suit of mine) I’d take mine apart again, sand it and stain it. If I become completely lazy I’ll buy a second TM as a backup - it’s that amazing :D :peace:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Weird light show. When engaging session mode last night I got an extended period of my TM producing BLUE light. It eventually went back to normal behavior but I don't know why that happened or what it meant. Anyone else know? Might I have gotten into setting mode accidentally?

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Weird light show. When engaging session mode last night I got an extended period of my TM producing BLUE light. It eventually went back to normal behavior but I don't know why that happened or what it meant. Anyone else know? Might I have gotten into setting mode accidentally?
Yeah you might have mate. This is what was said about the calibration mode

... it keeps vibrating and with the white leds because, at point six, you set the dial to maximum..
At this time of programming, you can choose how you define your TM by simply turning the dial. Various colors appear when rotating the dial. You can choose there, how to calibrate the TM to your liking.:whip:
I can't find mention of what colours meant what now.

Cheebsy,

wubba-lubba-dub-dub

How close should the herb be to the heater? As in how far should I push the cooling unit down the stem.. sorry if this is a dumb question I’ve literally just got it today!

wubba-lubba-dub-dub,

Salvaged_Title_Robot

Does anyone know how to increase the max temp range? I find that the device works pretty well until I need to finish a bowl. The avb just stays very light brown/yellow. I can't even get it going with the TM dosing capsules, it just isn't hot enough. I have this issue with all my stems (Grav Upline, Tm wpa, and short cooling stem with cu. I want the max temp to be hotter. I have seen posts with pretty dark abv so I'm wondering Any suggestions?

Edit: I have new batteries fully charged and am on temp 10

Salvaged_Title_Robot,

AK47 AMI

My biggest hits are always through a bong but here is a fun fact there is no need to take massive hits, several smaller ones will do to and in fact you will get higher from more smaller hits, your lungs can only absorb so much thc at a time and much of the exhale of a massive hit is wasted thc. I've always been a biggest hit sort of guy but these days I'm being more genital on my lungs with many of my sessions slowly temp stepping instead of the biggest rips possible. A j hook will cool the vapor but not as much as a bubbler imo so I guess the thing you need to ask yourself is the quickest session with the hardest hits worth the discomfort? Try slowing down :2c:

@Bad Dog cheers mate any idea which would be the best bubbler to order mate for TM for the smaller hits?

Hey @AK47 AMI sorry to hear you're poorly. We discussed j hooks earlier on this page, there are a couple of links to dhgate, and a coupler in the UK, I think only the eBay one is in stock. I think you should try a bubbler though if you're having that much irritation. Put some warm water in it for extra comfort.

@Cheebsy Hi and thanks, which is the eBay one? Is there a link at all mate? Don't know of I'm getting it confused with others etc? And any idea which Is the best bubbler for this? Yes ill try with warm water 👍

Vapefiend did a video for alternative stems for the TM, thinner mouthpieces... Does anybody know if these are available at all? They are not on TM website etc...?

Salvaged_Title_Robot

Are you Handy at all? And do you have any star bits? Sounds like you have a bad contact, a common issue. You'll need to take the top plate off to fix
Yeah I'm pretty handy. I work on all my vehicles and stuff like that but I'm not too keen on electronics besides the basics. I actually might have a set of star drivers. I'm not above taking the top off, do you perhaps have any links to instructions on the process?

Edit: checked/cleaned battery cover- no change

Last edited:
Salvaged_Title_Robot,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
@Salvaged_Title_Robot first remove the battery cover and battery, then the round bolt that you insert you stem through followed by the large red oring metal tube and heater screen. Keeping the tinymight in a upright position begin to unscrew the screw only enough to be able to effortlessly lift the top plate off, being careful not to lose the large thin oring that sits between the glass sleeve and top plate. Remove glass sleeve and place the top plate down for the time being. Look at the top of the tinymight without the plate and you will see a flat wooden surface with a strip of metal near the middle leading down to the heater, this is the contact point you want to fix, don't worry you do not have to mess with the heater 😅 the bent part on top of the tinymight is the problem and you want to place a shim of aluminum foil folded up to maybe 1\2 or 1 mm between the metal strip and wood. That is the repair. Pause, I'm assuming you will be doing this at a desk sitting down so before you reassemble first place tinymight between your legs and pick up the top plate and inspect it, does it look dirty\oxidized , for me the best tool to clean it is a white eraser that can be found at any office supply store, vigorously rub the underside of the top cap, paying special attention to the angled grove the metal strip touches but really working over the whole cap really well. Now grab your tinymight put back in glass sleeve with oring and place top plate firmly down making sure there are no gap's caused by the shim being to thick, adjust if needed. Screw together, replace heater screen (wide side up), metal tube, oring and bolt and you are done. To see some good pics search; tinymight, joekickass and look for his dissembly pictures. Good luck!

Vaporific

To see some good pics search; tinymight, joekickass and look for his dissembly pictures. Good luck!
Page 187!!! :tup::peace:

Nothing like a little Saturday morning wake ‘n bake with my Tinymight. Had semi used load of Berry White (from last night of course) and finished like I always do: 2-3 10 sec pulls on 7.5 with the short stem and CU. I’m flying now. Gonna be a good day. I’ll say it for the millionth time: the Tinymight is a DopeCannon(TM), every single time. Awesome! I may indeed embark on sanding and staining it soon. :peace:

Last edited:

Salvaged_Title_Robot

Bad Dog
@Salvaged_Title_Robot first remove the battery cover and battery, then the round bolt that you insert you stem through followed by the large red oring metal tube and heater screen. Keeping the tinymight in a upright position begin to unscrew the screw only enough to be able to effortlessly lift the top plate off, being careful not to lose the large thin oring that sits between the glass sleeve and top plate. Remove glass sleeve and place the top plate down for the time being. Look at the top of the tinymight without the plate and you will see a flat wooden surface with a strip of metal near the middle leading down to the heater, this is the contact point you want to fix, don't worry you do not have to mess with the heater 😅 the bent part on top of the tinymight is the problem and you want to place a shim of aluminum foil folded up to maybe 1\2 or 1 mm between the metal strip and wood. That is the repair. Pause, I'm assuming you will be doing this at a desk sitting down so before you reassemble first place tinymight between your legs and pick up the top plate and inspect it, does it look dirty\oxidized , for me the best tool to clean it is a white eraser that can be found at any office supply store, vigorously rub the underside of the top cap, paying special attention to the angled grove the metal strip touches but really working over the whole cap really well. Now grab your tinymight put back in glass sleeve with oring and place top plate firmly down making sure there are no gap's caused by the shim being to thick, adjust if needed. Screw together, replace heater screen (wide side up), metal tube, oring and bolt and you are done. To see some good pics search; tinymight, joekickass and look for his dissembly pictures. Good luck!
Holy crap this worked!!!! And it took like 5 minutes! Thanks for the save, I am now getting clouds at temp 6!

For anyone needing links: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tinymight2/comments/kejts1

Kins

Yeah, and any other stem they fit in, try it with the short stem though! I never tried my long stem at all, but I mostly use my TM with backwards RBT stems as WPA through j hooks and other 18 mm female glass...

Just tried it dry for the first time. I turned it down to 3 and then I kept it on 2. Awesome flavor and decent enough clouds for me at temp 2. Vaping "Green Crack" right now. I also just got some "PurpleBerry Crunch" though at that smells amazing so I'm guessing the taste will be just as good.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just tried it dry for the first time. I turned it down to 3 and then I kept it on 2. Awesome flavor and decent enough clouds for me at temp 2. Vaping "Green Crack" right now. I also just got some "PurpleBerry Crunch" though at that smells amazing so I'm guessing the taste will be just as good.

Nice! With the cooling unit right? Just wait till you try it at that low of a temperature with just plain glass path! (Jayhooks help with cooling the vapor a bit, or empty water tool)

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
@AK47 AMI I really like this piece from dhgate
mobius-stereo-matrix-perc-2-layers-recycler.jpg
It's great for watching the clouds build so you can see how much vapor your getting, very useful for knowing when you want to temp step up to get more vapor. I still take long draws but I start at a lower temperature and work my way up one full setting at a time, more if I want a bigger hit to satisfy that urge but I am trying to do that less and take it easy. I know it's a little odd taking it easy with a vape that is known for such performance and monster hits but when you think about it it also takes a lot of precision to be able to temp step so easily, perhaps that will make it fell less like your vaping with training wheels and just doing something that is a different style. In time if you vape everyday you might find the irritation become less and less, I did. Even though I can take some monster hits it's just not something that is my major concern these days as it was in the past. I still like talking a hits that's as big as I can just not with the vapor as thick as possible and I've been finding the lower temperature hits very tasty and satisfying in their own way. But do yourself a favor and if you do place a dhgate order for a bubbler grab a j hook to, maybe for starting the load low temp and going to the bubbler to finish, many options!

Vaporware

@Bad Dog I like my stereo matrix (a little different design) and agree they’re worth a look, but I wanted to let you know the policy here is not to post links to labeled counterfeit glass.

You might be okay to post the pic since it’s not linked to the shop, but for next time it’s better to post one that’s unlabeled. The same places often sell labeled and unlabeled versions, otherwise there are a bunch of similar pieces on DHGate. :)

For me, the main drawback of these is that they can create a lot of blowback when you stop drawing. Since so much water goes straight back up and pushes air into the bowl/vaporizer it can blow flower out of an open bowl or into a heater. Since the TM has a heater screen it shouldn’t be as big a deal, but still something to consider for people who don’t want to lift the bowl/device to clear every hit.

Other than that I like mine (just the top and mouthpiece are different) and it’s the main one I use. I have limited glass experience, but it is a popular type here and it’s overall my favorite of the ones I’ve tried.

Djsleepy

@AK47 AMI I really like this piece from dhgate
View attachment 6174
It's great for watching the clouds build so you can see how much vapor your getting, very useful for knowing when you want to temp step up to get more vapor. I still take long draws but I start at a lower temperature and work my way up one full setting at a time, more if I want a bigger hit to satisfy that urge but I am trying to do that less and take it easy. I know it's a little odd taking it easy with a vape that is known for such performance and monster hits but when you think about it it also takes a lot of precision to be able to temp step so easily, perhaps that will make it fell less like your vaping with training wheels and just doing something that is a different style. In time if you vape everyday you might find the irritation become less and less, I did. Even though I can take some monster hits it's just not something that is my major concern these days as it was in the past. I still like talking a hits that's as big as I can just not with the vapor as thick as possible and I've been finding the lower temperature hits very tasty and satisfying in their own way. But do yourself a favor and if you do place a dhgate order for a bubbler grab a j hook to, maybe for starting the load low temp and going to the bubbler to finish, many options!
Sweet I got one from there but my damn jhooks got lost , had to reorder, now I’m getting two different ones one is more rounded and the other has a hard right angle on it(trap all the crap!) cannot wait to try but extra long stem has been fun !

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Kins

Nice! With the cooling unit right? Just wait till you try it at that low of a temperature with just plain glass path! (Jayhooks help with cooling the vapor a bit, or empty water tool)

I do love the flavor, but miss the smoothness. I have "enough" flavor even with water with this vape and the smoothness of the vapor though water just can't be beat in my opinion.

ominosity

Some info for reference... A few days ago as I was falling asleep on the high sleeper bed (over 6ft high) my TM must have fallen of the small shelf at the side of it. It also must have landed perfectly bottom first as the Grav stem still in the body was unbroken. I noticed straight away that the battery was rattling and before I even looked inside I knew the battery contact must be broken at the bottom and sure enough no power up. I removed the battery but couldn’t see any metal that had broken off the contact piece. As I’ve never taken it apart before I thought it would be a warranty job so contacted TM. By this morning I still hadn’t heard back so I thought I might as well have a go at taking it apart Which was a bit scary. I took the top off then carefully the bottom. The button popped out but I managed to get it back in. The heater didnt seem to want to come out (not sure if it should) so I just pulled the board enough that I could see the battery contact which was unbroken but totally flattened. I pushed it back upwards to what seemed like a good angle and then put everything back together not that confident it would work but it actually did work and my TM now seems to be working even better (I also gave it a clean). So pleased to have it working again I was about to pull the trigger on another one but would have had to wait weeks for it to arrive.

Top Bottom