TinyMight / TM 2

Volmara

Haha yeah that sounds like nonsense, I am mostly using mine upside down through jayhooks, but I am always fully clearing my hits since I am more concerned about residual vapor, possibly rising there (though that is a very modest risk even without clearing properly like I do all the time) It's been over a month into my second year with mine already... The only thing to be careful of when you are using the TM upside down, is that you don't get blinded by the red LED :lol:
Yeah my only gripe , that usb light lul. As a battery swapper I’ve put a strip of electrical tape over usb port and light.

Has anyone come across a better "cooling" system? Im not liking the stock piece of metal thats in there. Thinkin of adding a screen/terp balls/screen combo to mine.
I broke a bb9 a couple mnths ago and have been using 5 beads in one cu set up and 4 in another both with long stem, pretty pleased with this so far.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I’ve just removed the nuts and washers from my CU and I like it. I’ve got enough draw resistance, hits great and easily, and I’m sure cleaning will now be easier, as well as less frequent.

Those parts retain a lot of the good stuff, and it’s cooling fine without them.

I tried a basket screen and I really didn’t enjoy the experience. Though I could see it through water. But that’s not why I got the TM.

Cheers

SquirrelMaster

You reminded me @Volmara that I came across a pic I took of my stems but forgot to post a while back. These are basically my 2 different ball stem setups except I've removed about ⅓ of the balls from each stem which improves airflow and lengthens the time between cleanings. I also use the @dzoinp screen mod (basket screen inverted which fits into the end of a loaded stem) so I leave a gap at the end of the stem where the screen can push in.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
You reminded me @Volmara that I came across a pic I took of my stems but forgot to post a while back. These are basically my 2 different ball stem setups except I've removed about ⅓ of the balls from each stem which improves airflow and lengthens the time between cleanings. I also use the @dzoinp screen mod (basket screen inverted which fits into the end of a loaded stem) so I leave a gap at the end of the stem where the screen can push in.

IMO you need to get the metal cooling units as far as possible from the heater. Having them close like that is IMO counterproductive ,cause they get hotter and store more thermal energy which results in less cooling and the TM body is getting hotter from use due to radiation.
Increase in stem length is very effective for cooling so my thought is that vapor needs to get as cold as possible before hitting the cooling unit for maximum efficiency .
I am really sensitive to heat and i can really tell the difference according to position of the CU :).

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Having them close like that is IMO counterproductive ,cause they get hotter and store more thermal energy which results in less cooling and the TM body is getting hotter from use due to radiation.

That depends on how you have your session, though. When hitting the TM back to back, the cooling unit can indeed fail in cooling, which is why I usually pause a bit between my hits (even half a minute helps), especially when I set the dial a bit higher.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
That depends on how you have your session, though. When hitting the TM back to back, the cooling unit can indeed fail in cooling, which is why I usually pause a bit between my hits (even half a minute helps), especially when I set the dial a bit higher.
Having the CU inside the TM ,makes it harder for it cool ... Yeah it really depends on your session style if you need the CU to really work, just joking, i can be wrong ,the position of the CU doesnt make the TM any less of amazing vaporizer :p.

beyond6strings

I’m going to try your long stem setup with mine. I’ve got some glass balls leftover from my Elev8r mod.

Thx

condition

Hi can you post a newb picture or guide on how to use the connection adapter that comes with TM
wpa-500x500.jpeg

condition,
Reactions: dimmusp

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ever since I had that light show with blue light from the led, my TM has been producing less heat at a given heat setting. I was using mostly 5 before and find I need to go to 7 to get similar hits. I could have coincidentally developed a contact issue at the same time, but I doubt it, and if I don't need to go inside to work on contacts I would rather not.
If nobody has an idea what all the blue light activity was that I described above, I am gonna have to try the email dance with the vendor. At least he seems more responsive these days...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi can you post a newb picture or guide on how to use the connection adapter that comes with TM
wpa-500x500.jpeg

Load the herb on the right side, then insert stem into the TM that way, and use TM with female glass connected to other end... I presume you already know how to use the TM? Set temp, hold down button, draw when it vibrates, let go and keep drawing to clear.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Convection vapes like a warm load before they really produce. I'll often take a slow 3 or 4 sec hit to warm the load and then take another good hit to get the real dense goodness. With the TM that can be as long or short as you like. While I am usually going through water, if I am in a mood for more flavor I'll take a hit or two direct first at a setting of 2 before I go for the denser hits this vape can produce. There are many ways to get your joy from this vape and its good for a lot of different styles.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Other than low temp flavor hits I mostly use water as heat is an issue for me. That design with glass beads like @SquirrelMaster is using may well be worth a try for me. Finding the right beads (size, material) for it in reasonable quantities has been a little tough but likely doable...

Toivarita

999 Forever
@SquirrelMaster thank you for your picture of the glass beads in the long stem with the CU split. Genius.

Hands down the best vapor I’ve ever gotten from a portable and it competes with some desktops I’ve tried or have.

I will be ordering a 2nd in a few
That’s cool to hear! That’s an expensive unit to buy for second time. I wonder how it compares to other pure convection vapes that have hit the market.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

IMO you need to get the metal cooling units as far as possible from the heater. Having them close like that is IMO counterproductive ,cause they get hotter and store more thermal energy which results in less cooling and the TM body is getting hotter from use due to radiation.

In my current setup the CU is a little further away from the tip but I found pushing it any further away requires me to turn up the temperature. I tried putting a domed screen between the cooling unit screen and flower but I found it easier to keep everything clean without it there. The distance of a basket screen plus the width of the stem is how far away my cooling unit sits from the end of the stem. The stem length is when I really notice the heat, my short stem is not a back to back friendly stem because it just gets way to hot for my liking.

@beyond6strings
I'm glad you like, it's such a good setup! I put them (4mm) in everything I can for cooling to be honest.

@cybrguy
The beads can be tough to find unless you're in the USA where there are a few retailers that only ship within the country. Otherwise you need to buy 1lb of beads from most places. There was a seller on ebay with 6mm beads in smaller quantities when I checked before. Or watch Amazon, they pop in and out of stock from various retailers.

condition

That didn't come with mine. I had to pay for it!. I guess your a lucky person.
I paid for it sorry for not being clear. I also bought some capsules that do not work properly or I do not know how to use them. I thought it would be similar to SB portables (as the name of the vape is) but the vapor production is very low with a capsule fully loaded and the glass stem becomes hot. Is there a different technique to use capsules? here is what I do

20210301-123158.jpg

Load the herb on the right side, then insert stem into the TM that way, and use TM with female glass connected to other end... I presume you already know how to use the TM? Set temp, hold down button, draw when it vibrates, let go and keep drawing to clear.
ok I understand it is to be used instead of the normal stem with the bolts and nuts that work as cooling elements
but that's it? I draw from there with no cooling or I have to own a separate glass part that connects to the plastic mouth piece?

Momor

but that's it? I draw from there with no cooling or I have to own a separate glass part that connects to the plastic mouth piece?
That's it. But there is no plastic in this stem. The tapered en is also glass. This stem is made to adapt the TM on a water piece (bong or bubbler) or equivalent (j-hook) so there is no need of a fooling unit as the cooling is made by the piece it connects to. You can use the water piece with or without water in it btw.
The piece you connect the stem to has to have a female connection of either 10/14/18mm of diameter as your stem has 10/14/18mm male joints.
Hope that helps ?

angular ocelot

I paid for it sorry for not being clear. I also bought some capsules that do not work properly or I do not know how to use them. I thought it would be similar to SB portables (as the name of the vape is) but the vapor production is very low with a capsule fully loaded and the glass stem becomes hot. Is there a different technique to use capsules? here is what I do

20210301-123158.jpg

ok I understand it is to be used instead of the normal stem with the bolts and nuts that work as cooling elements
i find the capsule worked a bit better the other way round, lid at the end, rather than the lid towards the cooling unit as you have it. not much better though, lol!

beyond6strings

I'm glad you like, it's such a good setup! I put them (4mm) in everything I can for cooling to be honest.
It works a charm for sure. Thanks again. I’ve been vaping full time for almost 4 years now, and have really enjoyed most of my experiences.

But the TM takes me places no other vaporizer does.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got it, the connection adapter can not be used as a standalone stem and only as a connection to a 10/14/18mm female... (that will do the cooling)

Well, it actually can be used as a stand-alone stem, but it would probably be too harsh above level 3 to use that way... But yes the benefit is that you can connect to larger glass pieces, for cooling dry or with water, which is a different experience than using with the cooling unit. Since I am at home all the time now, I only use it this way with a WPA through glass j hooks, easier with less cleaning needed, and such flavorful vapor!

Top Bottom