TinyMight / TM 2

angular ocelot

ten?? :o
With my actual TM at 7 the avb is very very dark, with the mod I'm using it at 5.
I can't even imagine going any further ... there would definitely be combustion at 10 ... which is also not a good thing.
I am thinking about lowering this TM! lol This was never said here, was it?:rofl:
i f i take too long a draw i combust but i dont draw for longer than five or six seconds. still a bit of a balancing act.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
@ezpz
Case for Tinymight:
size medium - 3.54€ free shipping
PXL-20210209-232210363.jpg

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
Ugh, I dropped my 18mm -> 14mm glass adapter barely 2 inches onto my table and it shattered. Not that I hate using the straight stem + CU, but TM with water pipe is such a great combination. Maybe I should spend a little more money on my next adapter.

My TM is nine months old and still going strong. Aside from the battery cover getting stuck once, I've had no problems with it.

I've still had no reason to ever try session mode. Even when I use TM + water pipe with friends, it's easier to let people control the on-demand button themselves instead of going session mode.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
My tinymight is quite zesty as well but perhaps not as much as @dzoinp or @angular ocelot ? For me 7 1\2, .05 load, 30 seconds or a bit more draw, 18mm wpa, =very brown avb with just a pinhead of yellow\tan at the center of the stem and around the edge of the top half of the basket screen, the round bottom half is all brown. 10 on the dial is a different animal! .05 load same as before, same wpa, draw?????? Never timed it ? I go by vapor and draw only until very thin vapor fills the bong, then let go of button and continue to draw, vapor gets thicker and thicker before stoping, total draw less than 30 seconds maybe, another hit just the same very brown avb no yellow. At 10 if I tried to hit until vapor stopped I will get black avb but not combustion? No ash or glowing cherry lol it's black but not deep like charcoal but dull and faded with hints of brown like higher coco dark chocolate. To dark for me that way . I'm very found of my two hits at 10 very combustion like high with ok flavor on the first hit.

ezpz

I guess it's time to upgrade my TM case. Not sure if a $4 case is an upgrade from my current $250 case, but it's worth a shot.
😂

wastedpotential

If you would humor me my old friend send an email with subject NEED REPAIR
Then say in body Button pushed all the way in, need return labels to send in unit.
I know it sounds silly but I am those who believe the language barrier is tough and send less info with stuff all In caps seems to get there attention. Several of us have done this way and rec’d quicker response.

re: button I had same issue and there was a redesign on the button as both of my new ones are different. The first had the contact on board on stilts instead of secured to board?!!??!??!

hope it helps !
I gave that a shot a few days ago, still no reply.
I'm glad I have a backup vape.
I'm going to attempt to fix it myself, but it is frustrating not getting any response.

Even if it took several weeks to 'process' a return, it would be nice to actually 'start' the process. Instead, we reach out and get nothing. Which means, the process will not even start until THEY respond. I'm now several weeks in.

What is weird though is that I'm thinking it might be quicker to just buy a new TM.

wastedpotential,
  • Haha
Reactions: Bad Dog

pulpF

Does anybody ever experience lack of power with the TM? Sometimes at setting 7 it will blast through herb and will give dark brown AVB and big quick rips; then other times it hardly gets past the yellowy coloured AVB and doesn't rip very well.

I have tried turning the dial up and down a few times whilst the device is powered off, stems etc are clean, all my batteries are the same.

Cheers

pulpF,

Kaptan

Does anybody ever experience lack of power with the TM? Sometimes at setting 7 it will blast through herb and will give dark brown AVB and big quick rips; then other times it hardly gets past the yellowy coloured AVB and doesn't rip very well.

I have tried turning the dial up and down a few times whilst the device is powered off, stems etc are clean, all my batteries are the same.

Cheers
This is a very common problem that can be easily fixed.
Most likely cause of this problem is the metal band that makes contact with the metal lid is not making good contact. You will have to follow the instructions In this thread to slightly remove the torx screw at the bottom and then either bend slightly the band so it makes good contact with the top metal lid or shim with a piece of foil. I slightly bent mine months ago and haven’t had the issue recur.

androponic

vaped.

Cheers
sounds like you may need to clean some contacts and do the “shim under the metal strip” mod.

@Kaptan beat me to it. lol

pulpF

This is a very common problem that can be easily fixed.
Most likely cause of this problem is the metal band that makes contact with the metal lid is not making good contact. You will have to follow the instructions In this thread to slightly remove the torx screw at the bottom and then either bend slightly the band so it makes good contact with the top metal lid or shim with a piece of foil. I slightly bent mine months ago and haven’t had the issue recur.
Thanks, I had been searching a bit it's fairly difficult to navigate such a huge thread. Is it T15? Away from home right now and will have to order one.
sounds like you may need to clean some contacts and do the “shim under the metal strip” mod.

@Kaptan beat me to it. lol
Thanks anyway! Was able to search a bit more into it with those keywords.

pulpF,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what

Cheers
First thing to try is to clean the battery lid and the threads, a white artist eraser is a good tool for the job. Clean the battery to, if that doesn't help time to shim the metal strip

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Thanks, I had been searching a bit it's fairly difficult to navigate such a huge thread. Is it T15? Away from home right now and will have to order one.

Thanks anyway! Was able to search a bit more into it with those keywords.
You will have to follow the instructions In this thread to slightly remove the torx screw at the bottom
Not slightly but entirely, FYI. Well at least until the top plate comes off. Perhaps I stand corrected. I’ve disassembled mine a couple of times and removed the screw entirely however it may be possible to leave the screw in and loosen it enough to get the top plate off. Sorry for any confusion. It’s been a wacky Wednesday work-wise. Good luck with the self repair! Definitely check and clean that top contact under the plate... :peace:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@pulpF if your getting inconsistent loads between bowls that it could also be air flow. Check the o ring around the stem for damage and tightness, also, remove the aluminium/steel tube and take a look to see if the o ring on top of the glass sleeve is seated correctly. IME dirty contacts (I've never needed to deal with the strip so just the battery cap) result in decreased performance, but that's consistently decreased not bad one bowl and amazing the next.

Djsleepy

@pulpF,
I'm pretty sure someone here posted that they fixed their TM simply by tightening the bottom screw. I would try this first.

@everyoneelse,
In theory, tightening the bottom screw should help with contact problems as well as airflow problems. I'm no expert, just a stoner thought.
Be careful though ; the tighter it goes the more pressures it puts on glass sleeve under lid that’s how I broke mine!

actually removing lid and reseating glass and lid may be needed and helps a lot!

pulpF

First thing to try is to clean the battery lid and the threads, a white artist eraser is a good tool for the job. Clean the battery to, if that doesn't help time to shim the metal strip
Thanks, I did this last night and seemed to have helped. Although it's hard to say if it's just on it's good time of the month!
@pulpF if your getting inconsistent loads between bowls that it could also be air flow. Check the o ring around the stem for damage and tightness, also, remove the aluminium/steel tube and take a look to see if the o ring on top of the glass sleeve is seated correctly. IME dirty contacts (I've never needed to deal with the strip so just the battery cap) result in decreased performance, but that's consistently decreased not bad one bowl and amazing the next.
It should be fairly tight to get the stem in right? Looking inside where the stem inserts and going by this picture I found on the forum, it all looks good.
I used a T20.
Ah really, well I have T15 on the way :ko:, I thought I saw someone say it's T15. Nevermind, this is why it pays to have backups!
@pulpF,
I'm pretty sure someone here posted that they fixed their TM simply by tightening the bottom screw. I would try this first.

@everyoneelse,
In theory, tightening the bottom screw should help with contact problems as well as airflow problems. I'm no expert, just a stoner thought.
Be careful though ; the tighter it goes the more pressures it puts on glass sleeve under lid that’s how I broke mine!

actually removing lid and reseating glass and lid may be needed and helps a lot!
Makes sense, I'll try this first and hopefully not break the glass.
Not slightly but entirely, FYI. Well at least until the top plate comes off. Perhaps I stand corrected. I’ve disassembled mine a couple of times and removed the screw entirely however it may be possible to leave the screw in and loosen it enough to get the top plate off. Sorry for any confusion. It’s been a wacky Wednesday work-wise. Good luck with the self repair! Definitely check and clean that top contact under the plate... :peace:
Cheers for the heads up, makes sense to go slow with these things initially to prevent going further than I need.

As always, thanks for the help here.

mpaulc

Just wondering: Do you release the button after it buzzes READY? Or do you continue to hold the button for your entire inhale? I tend to continue holding it for about half of the duration of my 15-20 second hits.

mpaulc,

Momor

Just wondering: Do you release the button after it buzzes READY? Or do you continue to hold the button for your entire inhale? I tend to continue holding it for about half of the duration of my 15-20 second hits.
If you stop holding the button in "on demand" mode the heater shuts off. I tend to let go the button ~3 seconds before i end my draw

Top Bottom