TinyMight / TM 2

Tweakz

Calibrating the TM won't ruin anything! ...
The most that can happen is combustion
I can confirm that. I did a calibration today and apart from combustion nothing broke

That might be true, but we don't know that for sure. The maker does (or should) know for sure and decided to not publish these instructions.
the user who sent me these instructions, at least, it works for him and me. I hope there are more people. 🤞🏻

the manufacturer doesn't send this to everyone who has performance issues

Tweakz

I don’t know , but I have a feeling that my tm, until today, was somehow in "sleep" mode. temperature calibration has put my tm in "sport" mode, adding solid power. because now , at 6.5 my abv is much more even and dark, and the clouds are bigger than before at 10.

now if I go above 6.5, there will be combustion. but i can easily use concentrates .

previously, at 10 I could get the desired result and abv. if I went lower I got a light abv

if I have something broken after these clever manipulations, I will definitely make a post.

Tweakz,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I don’t know , but I have a feeling that my tm, until today, was somehow in "sleep" mode. temperature calibration has put my tm in "sport" mode, adding solid power. because now , at 6.5 my abv is much more even and dark, and the clouds are bigger than before at 10.

now if I go above 6.5, there will be combustion. but i can easily use concentrates .

previously, at 10 I could get the desired result and abv. if I went lower I got a light abv

if I have something broken after these clever manipulations, I will definitely make a post.
How about taking a step down? Instead of leaving it on white, put it on red. It's how mine is!

dzoinp,
Reactions: karec

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
how do I put it back? don't even know.
or do you mean go down to lower temperatures ?
In your explanation step 6:
In step 6 instead of turning the TM on with the dial at max, turn it on with the dial in the middle (between 5 and 6).
and then choose the color (Step) by turning the dial.

dzoinp,

Tweakz

In your explanation step 6:
In step 6 instead of turning the TM on with the dial at max, turn it on with the dial in the middle (between 5 and 6).
and then choose the color (Step) by turning the dial.
Yes you're right.
but I skipped step 6 due to inattention. and I still have the red color
I wonder if I can repeat the calibration again ?

Tweakz,
  • Haha
Reactions: dzoinp

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Yes you're right.
but I skipped step 6 due to inattention. and I still have the red color
I wonder if I can repeat the calibration again ?
lol
In normal operation you will always have the red LEDs.
Repeat the calibration and in step 6 do as I explained and save at the end

dzoinp,

LabPong

Ok.... here it is!!!!

If you have to change the temp setting in the firmware......something is wrong with your TM!!! The adjustment is to be used
when calibrating the heaters performance so it is even to a base temp for all production units.

The biggest issue with your TM not getting hot as it normally would......is because of the bad contact of the battery strip contact
under the top piece. This can be easily fixed and there are several pics of it on this forum. Basically loosen the big screw on the
bottom and without the bottom separating from the body.....take the top off and shim the strip just a small amount...maybe .05mm.
You just need to put something under the metal strip on top of the wood body where it makes contact. So you basically make the
metal strip contact the top piece better. This worked flawless for me on 2 of my units I use daily. One had the problem more than the
other and I noticed it working better even in the one that I could not really sense it getting cooler week to week.

Lets say your TM has this contact issue and it running at 60% efficiency with cell power. Now you set the heater to go higher than you
normally run it at.......more power is used to get the same result you used to get (at what ever temp setting is set).......now you get much
run time on your cell and the vape is still running with a poor connection. You can make things worse in this situation.

So understand this if you crank up the calibration setting to compensate for a problem!

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
:tup:If you have to change the temp setting in the firmware......something is wrong with your TM!!! The adjustment is to be used
when calibrating the heaters performance so it is even to a base temp for all production units.
No and yes :hmm: :hmm::whip:
Look at my case.
I have two TM's
One, I use with dial 6 and the other had to set the dial to 7+ to get the same results.
After calibrating I have both at 6 :tup:

LabPong

No and yes :hmm: :hmm::whip:
Look at my case.
I have two TM's
One, I use with dial 6 and the other had to set the dial to 7+ to get the same results.
After calibrating I have both at 6 :tup:

Right...but your units were not failing after a certain time of use....where they were functioning well before?

If you do the calibration to make one TM be close to another TM on exact heat settings........that is not the same as someone
using the calibration setting to make a poorly functioning work like it is supposed to.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I get both sides of the argument - some situations adjusting the temp settings could be a band aid covering up a more serious problem, so I get why they may not want that info out there... but on the flip side, if customer service was actually responsive and helpful, maybe people could get their issues resolved before desperately trying anything they can to have a working device.

Personally, I couldn’t have unhappy customers and tell them “yeah this could work but I don’t wanna tell you how to do it because I’m not sure if that’s the issue but also I’m not going to answer your emails in any form of a timely manner to help fix your problem” it’s just not a good look IMO.

obviously a bit dramatic but hope my point is coming across the way I’m intending.

on a positive note - TM passed my travel test with flying colors

C396-C086-5-A56-49-BF-B3-FA-B1342-BBDF5-C5.jpg

LabPong

I get both sides of the argument - some situations adjusting the temp settings could be a band aid covering up a more serious problem, so I get why they may not want that info out there... but on the flip side, if customer service was actually responsive and helpful, maybe people could get their issues resolved before desperately trying anything they can to have a working device.

Personally, I couldn’t have unhappy customers and tell them “yeah this could work but I don’t wanna tell you how to do it because I’m not sure if that’s the issue but also I’m not going to answer your emails in any form of a timely manner to help fix your problem” it’s just not a good look IMO.

obviously a bit dramatic but hope my point is coming across the way I’m intending.

on a positive note - TM passed my travel test with flying colors

C396-C086-5-A56-49-BF-B3-FA-B1342-BBDF5-C5.jpg
Then if you mess up your TM because of using this calibration the manufacture has stated not to be leaked to other users........

Then it is totally on you......and you would be lucky if the manufacture would actually repair for free under warranty.

I could see 90% of other manufactures with good CS tell you.....Sorry...you opened it up and did something to the firmware you should not of done......no warranty repair for you! lol

Last edited:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Each of us paid for their TM right?
We do with him what we want, don't we? So...

Initially, it was enough to send an email saying that you wanted to use TM with concentrates and he would give you the steps to follow without asking anything more

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Then if you mess up your TM because of using this calibration the manufacture has stated not to be leaked to other users........

Then it is totally on you......and you would be lucky if the manufacture would actually repair for free under warranty.

I could see 90% of other manufactures with good CS tell you.....Sorry...you opened it up and did something to the firmware you should not of done......no warranty repair for you! lol

Oh of course. I've always expected that from ANY warranty out there... try and fix it yourself, you put warranty coverage up on the chopping block - minus the few, no questions asked warranty where you can drop whatever it is from a 5 story building and run it over with a Peterbuilt, and still get a brand new one for free...

But yeah other than that, if you start fucking around with "improvements" to fix an issue, dont be surprised if you warranty claim gets denied.

I would agree, even with great CS, if they find out you "tampered" with their product, 90% of the time you're out of luck. Shit spot to be in though if you have a broken product and seemingly no way to repair it.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
One could argue that taking the top plate off to fix the poor connection could invalidate the warranty too. *Shrug*

Personally, I'm pleased to have the information, it is probably wise to caveat if the procedure is ever given as advice.

Just out of curiosity I tried to find a copy of the warranty on the website but other than advertising a 10 year warranty, I do not see an actual copy of one...site is being painfully slow also so that doesnt help. I couldn't find one anywhere though so who knows whats actually covered and whats not.

For example, pick an issue...decreased heat output, haptic feedback motor quit, etc. Could the guy be a prick if you tell him that you saw a post where he instructed another customer to open up the unit to do XYZ, you did the same thing, but it's still not working? I'm sure he could make an argument that you voided the warranty if he really wanted to.

I dont think he would make a big deal, all things considered...he has to realize with the delayed responses people are seeing people are going to try and fix things themselves.

If he was on top of CS and communicating in general, I would expect him to be a little more firm on at-home repairs, "secret" manufacturer adjustments, and warranty specifics. I'd hope he'd be a bit more lenient given the current situation though. Especially without having the warranty posted anywhere, how is the customer supposed to know whats covered and what automatically voids the warranty?

Top Bottom