TinyMight / TM 2

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
@VapeEnthusiast – You have my full sympathy for your issue, however, I think it's safe to say that most of us don't experience this problem or at least not to an extend that is annoying. Since your unit is of lower quality wood, I suggest informing the maker about it and look for a solution with him. Unless you do that, it makes no sense to repeat the same issue here over and over.

I will not shut up just because you tell me to. Absolutely not. You are not the arbiter of discussion. Why do you have such an interest in shutting me up, anyways?

I'm only still participating in this thread today because there have been so many replies to my original comment. Obviously there is interest in these issues that is not being represented here or nobody would respond.

I've also received DMs and PMs suggesting that others would like to have these issues represented... So I'll represent them.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@VapeEnthusiast – You seem to think I'm trying to moderate this thread, but I'm not. I understand you have a fishy smelling device that just won't loose its marine aroma even after months and if you ask me: that's not how a 250$ product should smell like. Mentioning your issue here over and over is a very valid solution, who knows, a company representative might suddenly show up and solve your issue. They didn't in the past, though. I also agree that it's important to warn everyone else that your device is smelling fishy. But you might also want to look into my suggestion and go for a more direct approach by contacting the company about it because as you can read here, for most of us there's no smelly issues at all. Worth trying I guess.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Completely invalid reason. People suggest risky fixes and mods here all the time. Everyone is an adult, or so I hope. Attach a disclaimer and move on.

???

I've received DMs from people who are banned from this thread. There is an entire community of disillusioned TM owners who are not allowed to post here because any criticism of TM CS will result in you being banned from the thread.

I'm just watching out for other customers (LIKE ME) who are completely dissatisfied with the TM as well as its CS.
If people aren’t allowed to speak up because they will be banned, why is it you’re not banned?

SquirrelMaster

Agree...
you said everything about conductivity, but to me it seems more like an air intake problem ...
edit:
or a lot of greens? very compacted? dirty stem/CU?
I read that in a rush and looking back I should have commented on the airflow. @justcametomind Did you make sure the screen holder is wide side up? Also I forgot to mention if you have an airflow issue you can check that the seal is good by removing the stem, metal ring, and red o-ring (you can pop out the metal cylinder if you like) then checking if the glass cylinder behind that is sealed with an o-ring that sits on top and everything should be snug.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those that have been given the heater calibration instructions by Tinymight, what was the reasoning given to not share them? I can't remember exactly and a quick search didn't net me any results but I remember there being a potential for either an uncomfortable session (combustion) at minimum or worse? I try to look at it logically. If your device worked initially but then decreased in power there had to be a reason. The reason is not that the device needs to be re-calibrated or it wouldn't have worked in the first place. If the problem that caused it to decrease in power is fixed after the heater has been calibrated higher, suddenly the device could be running really hot.

LabPong

I will not shut up just because you tell me to. Absolutely not. You are not the arbiter of discussion. Why do you have such an interest in shutting me up, anyways?

I'm only still participating in this thread today because there have been so many replies to my original comment. Obviously there is interest in these issues that is not being represented here or nobody would respond.

I've also received DMs and PMs suggesting that others would like to have these issues represented... So I'll represent them.

I am super duper sensitive to taste/smells. I can assure you.....you can get rid of pretty much all that wood smell. Just have to lightly clean and then vent and maybe some UV for a few days. Then after some use....it goes away pretty fast.

That said.....this vape is one of my DD.....I have 3 DD's....lol I also have 3 TM's......that should tell you something when the other DD's are my Power G43 and Elev8r. Both are of the best vapor you can get right now.

I also just got a Mighty....it sucks for vapor quality...but is built really well. Maybe you should sell your TM and get a Mighty if you do not have one.

If you need help with venting off your TM....message me. GL

Paolo

Hello everyone, I received the vaporizer today, some questions arise
1) Does the mesh next to (the spiral heater) with the widest edge go up?
2) Is the airflow too open, is the screw on the bottom to adjust the airflow?
3) The vaporizer has a bad smell, how can I make it disappear?
4) What does this mean when the red LED lights up? Do I press 3 times both to turn off both for on demand mode and for session mode? I don't understand how I can see if I'm in session mode or on demand mode

Paolo,
I have many other wooden vapes. Eds TNT Woodscents, the Splinter Z, the Tetra Dual, iHeat510, etc. I never pick up fowl tastes from them. Perhaps the taste from the TM is due to a design flaw, but I suspect not. The TM taste issue seems to be due to the quality of wood itself, or perhaps the particular species of oak. Maybe Ville used red oak for a batch or two? Or perhaps the wood was improperly seasoned for some of the batches? It's hard for me to say.

Some of the other vapes that I own/mentioned put out a very faint wood taste, but nothing reeks like the TM.

The fact that I own other wooden vapes made me confident that the taste would not be overwhelming for me. This taste is not comparable to other wooden vapes. 👎
I think it is more to do with the oil that they coat the wood in, mine smelt really awful when I got it!

cbd.equipment,
Reactions: Summer

KVVS

4) What does this mean when the red LED lights up? Do I press 3 times both to turn off both for on demand mode and for session mode? I don't understand how I can see if I'm in session mode or on demand mode
I have to ask, did you even read the manual lol

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
1.yes the stem fits inside the washer(how did he came?) EDIT:In reality, it doesn't change performance, it just keeps the stem less oscillating
2.no (free air flow needed for best performance)
3.use it a couple of days with good greens or clean the outside finish
4.heater on
5.yes
6.session: red led on - on demand: red led pulsing

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
And we've gotten a lot of reports about disruptions in this thread. Again, please don't repeat the same complaint over and over. It's not some conspiracy. You've made your point many times in the last few pages alone. Here's an excerpt from the forum rules. You agreed to them when joining so please respect them.
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
    • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
    • Use of the forum to blackmail companies will not be tolerated.
    • Posts in this regard will be evaluated based on perceived intent.
  • No trolling. Please do not post any content that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don’t post for or the purpose of starting a dispute.
If you insist on ignoring the rules and these warnings you can have a week vacation from this thread.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Did anyone coat their device with varnish? Is that what some may call wax ? I really think varnish would do wonders

m0sh,
Reactions: macbill

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
I posted it because members here have issues with this device and cannot for the life of them get help. These instructions are for units that are coming from the factory too hot. My unit came +3 steps up from factory settings.
How did you determine that it was 3 steps up from factory settings?

WisePenny,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
In addition to @dzoinp reply

2. If it's too free flowing for you try a firm pack and finer grind, or cover some of the intake holes around the stem.

4. 3 short presses turns on on demand mode. Bottom led lights solid, top led flashes until fire button pressed. 2 short presses and hold the third turns on session mode. Bottom led lights solid. Top led does not light up until heater is at temperature, then it lights solidly

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@murf2010 – The thing with those instructions is that they are most likely in some way not complete. For example you haven't posted how to reset back to normal. I also agree with @SquirrelMaster that these settings are meant for a healthy device and not for those who behave faulty. Faulty devices might even be frayed beyond repair.

I think it is more to do with the oil that they coat the wood in, mine smelt really awful when I got it!
No, it's definitely the wood. They only apply a light coat of beeswax is what I know.

Did anyone coat their device with varnish? Is that what some may call wax ? I really think varnish would do wonders
I'm pretty sure there's some preparation and knowledge needed to apply varnish, but maybe someone with more experience in wood working can give us more info about that.

angular ocelot

@angular ocelot – Okay, I trust your nose. :-) Last time I asked he said plain beeswax, maybe he changed the formula.
i have searched the thread and cant find where i got that information from. i may have seen it on reddit or i may have dreamt the whole thing so dont trust a word i say, lol! beeswax is usually mixed with a solvent or something to make a paste though, as pure beeswax is hard at room temp.

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
We figured it out through the light feedback. He explained it to me.

@murf2010 – The thing with those instructions is that they are most likely in some way not complete. For example you haven't posted how to reset back to normal. I also agree with @SquirrelMaster that these settings are meant for a healthy device and not for those who behave faulty. Faulty devices might even be frayed beyond repair.
I agree that without knowing the light feedback logic, the instructions are incomplete.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I don't have any other oak vapes to compare to. However, my other oak appliances don't smell. In any case, the wood may have been poorly seasoned. That could be what leads to the bad odor and taste that I experience from the TM.

I've also had my TM for 3-4 months. I keep hoping that the taste and smell will dissapear. No luck so far...

No, it's definitely the wood. They only apply a light coat of beeswax is what I know.

I'm pretty sure there's some preparation and knowledge needed to apply varnish, but maybe someone with more experience in wood working can give us more info about that.
Yeah this was a discussed earlier in the thread and the two takeaways I remember are 1) oak has that seaweedy odor on its own and 2) wooden vapes are unvarnished to keep toxins/chemicals out of the equation since we're talking about a device that heats up so you can inhale through it.

So in case it helps: nobody applied anything to the Tinymight to make it have that initial smell and we should be cautious and stick to stuff like beeswax on wooden vapes as a safety precaution.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Some beeswax are natural. Or so they claim. That’s what a bought for my Tinymight. I apply it every couple of months to treat the wood. Mine didn’t initially smell badly not does it now.

As for varnishes and stains, I would again seek a natural option (if any). I never got this far with my TM and was hesitant to disassemble it to sand it down (though I’ve since taken it apart once to troubleshoot the haptic motor). I have the light bleed ‘issue’ which is now second nature to me and I was wary about sanding down the wood with it assembled for fear of dust settling into the unit through the gap in the base and the bottom of the wood. Also, since there is a gap I’d be hesitant to sand it down much to exacerbate the gap, but that’s just me. Not imperative at all howvever - still love the native TM look and my unit still rocks (every single time!) since early May.

TGIF all! :peace:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Yeah this was a discussed earlier in the thread and the two takeaways I remember are 1) oak has that seaweedy odor on its own and 2) wooden vapes are unvarnished to keep toxins/chemicals out of the equation since we're talking about a device that heats up so you can inhale through it.

So in case it helps: nobody applied anything to the Tinymight to make it have that initial smell and we should be cautious and stick to stuff like beeswax on wooden vapes as a safety precaution.

Thanks, I should have thought about it...I'm not going to touch it.

m0sh,

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
If people aren’t allowed to speak up because they will be banned, why is it you’re not banned?

Again, please don't repeat the same complaint over and over. It's not some conspiracy. You've made your point many times in the last few pages alone. Here's an excerpt from the forum rules. You agreed to them when joining so please respect them.

That aged like milk in 100 degree heat, huh?

I have already received points for criticizing the TM. I'll undoubtedly be banned eventually.

At least my posts have made the issue of bans in this thread more apparent. Now people will know that they aren't allowed to complain.

@vtac there's now an entire page of discussion about where the smell is coming from. Is it an oil? Is it the wood? Thats productive... Thats progress. Thats protecting the consumer. I'm sorry that you don't like it.

As for posting my concerns repeatedly... thats a blatant lie. I posted my concerns once recently and then received dozens of replies. All I've done is respond. Am I not allowed to do that?

I'm also not attacking a company or trolling. No idea why you posted those irrelevant rules. I'm critiquing a vape and offering solutions. Higher quality wood, better finish, different wood species would all potentially help. Ive been offering suggestions in my comments.

Last edited:
VapeEnthusiast,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom