TinyMight / TM 2

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Why don't you sell it and get your money back? You should have no problem unloading it if you are that unhappy.

I probably will eventually. Unfortunately I see a pattern of FC on that front.

User is unhappy with vape > user posts Criticism > user is told to sell > user sells > thread goes back to being a positive echo chamber > Other users buy product they otherwise wouldn't

I'd rather keep the TM and critique it for a while (I've already had it about 3-4 months). maybe some meaningful improvements can even be made in future versions based on real feedback.

The terrible low quality wood taste could be removed rather cheaply in future versions by using proper wood, for instance.

ephemera.cannon

Could you clarify that a bit? What's the story behind it? :-)

I'd like to know too, lol! I haven't dropped the device and this is the first time I've disassembled the bottom portion of it. I assume I mashed the power button sufficiently enough that it broke the solder points. That's the only reasonable thing I can come up with so far. If I could figure out how to embed a picture without point to an external URL, I'd include one that demo's the issue.

GoCubsGo2016

Have had the haptic feedback vibration work off and on recently, with it not working for the past week or so. I decided to take the TM completely apart today and the rubber shell the motor is in was completely unglued from the bottom plate. I imagine this caused the contacts to be off. Grabbed some super glue and we are back in business.

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
There's nothing about oak that's terrible wood quality and the smell just goes away entirely after a while. I think of it as more Finnish.

I don't have any other oak vapes to compare to. However, my other oak appliances don't smell. In any case, the wood may have been poorly seasoned. That could be what leads to the bad odor and taste that I experience from the TM.

I've also had my TM for 3-4 months. I keep hoping that the taste and smell will dissapear. No luck so far...

VapeEnthusiast,

angular ocelot

I don't have any other oak vapes to compare to. However, my other oak appliances don't smell. In any case, the wood may have been poorly seasoned. That could be what leads to the bad odor and taste that I experience from the TM.

I've also had my TM for 3-4 months. I keep hoping that the taste and smell will dissapear. No luck so far...
three or four months of use? for someone who hates the vape you seem to use it a lot.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
@VapeEnthusiast

I am sorry you are having a bad time with your TM. No company has 100% defect-free product. Judging from comments, it seems just recently TM has been responding to CS problems. I've bought two TMs, and both are working great: I realize that's no help to you. I might add that I don't get a woody flavor from either of mine: I'll take that as good luck on my part.

I don't expect the TM people actually follow FC. Your critical comments here won't produce the desired effect, unless the desired effect is to piss satisfied customers off. I look around to different vaporizer reviews: TM is pretty highly rated. I don't suspect the 100s of satisfied customers make a difference to you. That's cool. I'm sure you will find a product that suits your needs. There is no one vaporizer that fits all people's needs.

Bazinga

Now that the bickering is over, could someone tell me if the top secret, only on a need to know basis, beyond my pay grade, authorized personnel only, confidential, private, classified, restricted, nonpublic, off the record, clandestine, information will help me with my issue?

Bazinga

I try it ever now and then, but obviously I use other vapes as my DD. I'm shocked that anybody actually does use this thing as their DD given the taste and uneven roasting alone!
Neither of mine have these problems. At first each unit did smell like fish, but after a few (maybe a half dozen) uses the smell is completely gone. As I mentioned in an earlier post I do have an issue with one the units. Hopefully the customer service is improving.

Bazinga,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
@Bazinga

I had pushed my screen through and I had trouble re-assembling the TM correctly. I cleaned all the spots listed here https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tinymight-vaporizer.44563/post-1510956, made sure the flat metal piece was contacting top cap, and MORE THAN HAND TIGHTENED the long bolt tightly (so the temp dial was seated well), and it worked.

I'm not sure what the unpublished instructions do. If the TM people said do it, do it.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
This is not the only TM thread on the internet. The “secret” sauce is already out on the super highway. Once more then one person knows a secret, it’s no longer one.
The question is: should we encourage others to follow this guide without knowing if it's applicable for a certain case or not? It might even void warranties.

TM folks haven't said anything. It's easier to find Waldo than get a response from TM.
Have you tried via your account / the TM site? Emails seem pretty much useless these days.

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Has anybody managed to get the sea hag taste/smell out of this thing?

I like it a lot, but the taste suffers a lot from the wood that was used. Any tips?

I've had my unit for 1 month so I've started to accept that doing nothing/ running bowls through it doesn't seem to help.

Woah. That whole comment in context paints a different picture, huh? I've never liked the TM much. I was trying to be very friendly. A mistake I will not make again. People should be aware of the problems the TM has.

VapeEnthusiast,
  • Haha
Reactions: JonServo

tokenknifeguy

three or four months of use? for someone who hates the vape you seem to use it a lot.
The TM definitely has a added wood flavor that I feel that has a bad taste too. I also get that woody flavor (not a good thing) in a sticky brick as well. So yeah in the taste department, the TM still has room for improvement, which many agree that it already produces good flavors.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I would expect wood to smell like wood. I totally appreciate woody smells anyway, but someone who is put off by that should rather look into vapes made out of metals or plastics instead, because the TM basically is a block of wood.

I have read that fresh oak *can* be offputting, but I never picked up anything bad from my device.

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
I would expect wood to smell like wood. I totally appreciate woody smells anyway, but someone who is put off by that should rather look into vapes made out of metals or plastics instead, because the TM basically is a block of wood.

I have read that fresh oak *can* be offputting, but I never picked up anything bad from my device.

I have many other wooden vapes. Eds TNT Woodscents, the Splinter Z, the Tetra Dual, iHeat510, etc. I never pick up fowl tastes from them. Perhaps the taste from the TM is due to a design flaw, but I suspect not. The TM taste issue seems to be due to the quality of wood itself, or perhaps the particular species of oak. Maybe Ville used red oak for a batch or two? Or perhaps the wood was improperly seasoned for some of the batches? It's hard for me to say.

Some of the other vapes that I own/mentioned put out a very faint wood taste, but nothing reeks like the TM.

The fact that I own other wooden vapes made me confident that the taste would not be overwhelming for me. This taste is not comparable to other wooden vapes. 👎

VapeEnthusiast,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@VapeEnthusiast – You have my full sympathy for your issue, however, I think it's safe to say that most of us don't experience this problem or at least not to an extend that is annoying. Since your unit is of lower quality wood, I suggest informing the maker about it and look for a solution with him. Unless you do that, it makes no sense to repeat the same issue here over and over.

Top Bottom