TinyMight / TM 2

AMiA

All this talk about TM,but what about S & B,don't see anything from them when it comes to something similar to TM,handheld and small in format but with the quality of S & B.Don't give me a spanking for putting this in the TM thread,okey..mods ;-)Or maybe movit to a better suited place,thank you.

AMiA,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
One of those people was actually two people performing some sock-puppetry and they have both been banned for having multiple accounts.

I hope not. I can confirm that @Siebter is not Ville. If anyone thinks another member is a shill, please report them to the staff. As you can see we don't take kindly to people that attempt to decieve FC members.

Thank you.

:peace:

I missed the drama, who was banned?

RustyOldNail,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I missed the drama, who was banned?

:peace:

I have no idea why the screen was through the mesh holder and resting on the coil. Obviously something stupid I did which is practically everything I do.

Don't beat yourself up, I also had that problem. The disc at the base of the tube with the mesh on is not very thoughtfully engineered and not only is the grade of the mesh too loose but it is also very thin and only held in the ring via tension against a tiny lip on the ring. To compound the issue, this piece is placed with the lip facing towards the heater when the device is new, and so it requires very little pressure to push the mesh out of it's ring - and as it uses tension to hold itself inside, as soon as the mesh leaves the lip it springs towards the heater which if it is on will weld the mesh to the heater for good!

I did manage to fix mine using needle nosed pliers and gently pumping the heater between tugs and it does still work fine. I have pushed it accidentally whilst trying to clean it of some of the residue but now always totally disassemble that part of the unit and clean all parts on their own.

So, my advice is to flip the ring with the mesh upside down, so that the lip faces upwards rather than downwards (the opposite way to the instructions). This way is much more secure and safe and prevents the issue happening again. Always check between uses that the mesh hasn't moved and take it all apart to fix it if it has.

And if you use the capsules, always lid facing towards the heater!

Good luck my friend!

SixStringToker

Naked member
So, my advice is to flip the ring with the mesh upside down, so that the lip faces upwards rather than downwards (the opposite way to the instructions). This way is much more secure and safe and prevents the issue happening again. Always check between uses that the mesh hasn't moved and take it all apart to fix it if it has.

That's what I ended up doing after pushing the screen down onto the coil.

My Tinymight lost its mind and went super-nova when the screen was touching the coil, instantly generating massive heat and igniting my herb; it actually burned a hole thru the screen! I couldn't get it to power back up after that and figured that it was likely toast, so I tore it down and did a thorough cleaning. I even removed the coil from the glass tube, took the pins out, flattened it out and thoroughly cleaned it. It was a MASSIVE pain getting that coil wound back up with the pins in place; I highly do NOT recommend it. :p It's been working flawlessly ever since, though!

SquirrelMaster

That's what I ended up doing after pushing the screen down onto the coil.

My Tinymight lost its mind and went super-nova when the screen was touching the coil, instantly generating massive heat and igniting my herb; it actually burned a hole thru the screen! I couldn't get it to power back up after that and figured that it was likely toast, so I tore it down and did a thorough cleaning. I even removed the coil from the glass tube, took the pins out, flattened it out and thoroughly cleaned it. It was a MASSIVE pain getting that coil wound back up with the pins in place; I highly do NOT recommend it. :p It's been working flawlessly ever since, though!
So you completely gutted your device then right? If you would have had a spare body you could have swapped the parts out? The heater coil must be spring loaded and held by the screw marked as "do not touch"?

SquirrelMaster,

SixStringToker

Naked member
So you completely gutted your device then right? If you would have had a spare body you could have swapped the parts out? The heater coil must be spring loaded and held by the screw marked as "do not touch"?

Yup, I gutted it and could have swapped bodies if I'd had another one. If I recall correctly, that screw goes into the rectangular post in the center of the coil.

SixStringToker,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Weird that Ville believes that screen should have a different orientation than nearly everyone who has had it out. I wonder why. Can anyone who has played with it think why it was done that way? What is the advantage to the makers way?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ahhh. And people are pushing it out of place by accidentally pushing the stem past what should be the stop point? I find myself thinking about that screen every time I replace the stem. The force needed to push in the stem goes down with age as the oring compresses.

One of the reasons we have to hope he reads this thread...

Last edited:

angular ocelot

Ahhh. And people are pushing it out of place by accidentally pushing the stem past what should be the stop point? I find myself thinking about that screen every time I replace the stem. The force needed to push in the stem goes down with age as the oring compresses.

One of the reasons we have to hope he reads this thread...
apparently. not sure how it s possible though? the glass is wider than the hole and there isnt enough room to get much of an angle to poke it with the edge. maybe with a full to the brim load the weed could expand on first heating and push the screen out?

angular ocelot,

MonkeyTime

My screen is slightly bowed due to the weed expanding when heated.
How much are you packing in there that it could push the screen, much less enough to stretch it permanently?

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but without something more than a stem, how do you push the screen at all? The radius of the glass vs screen frame shouldn't allow the screen to be pushed?...... With something like a capsule, I totally get it!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Maybe it's just me, but I find my load tends to compress after heating rather than expanding. Regardless I find it hard to imagine that an expanding load would have enough force to push the screen out of place. I would tend to blame it on too much force applied when pushing in the stem or using capsules or something that might push against the screen. But it hasn't happened to me so I can only guess.

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
the glass is wider than the hole and there isnt enough room to get much of an angle to poke it with the edge.
This is the case if everything is aligned correctly. Otherwise, I do think it’s possible for the stem to miss the edge and poke through the screen (especially if you have the screen the wrong way up). I think misalignment + stem not being perfectly straight on its way in, could be the issue here.

You can see in this example how the edge around the screen isn’t perfectly even: https://www.reddit.com/r/TinyMight/comments/irg90t

SixStringToker

Naked member
was the tube loaded to the top?

Nope, I leave some space at the top so that I can stir w/o herb falling out onto my lap. My original screen was slightly convex. The only thing that I can think of is that the edge of the tube bumped the screen in just the right way to knock it loose, but I really just don't know.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I dont necessarily know if the heater screen bowing is a result of overloading the stem, or bud expanding as it heats. Maybe it is, but mine is bowed a little bit too.

I figured the screen is just slightly larger than the diameter of the holder, so the bow creates the outward pressure to make sure it doesn't dislodge itself?

Either that or the regular exposure to rapidly heating/cooling air overtime has an effect on the screen.

BrianTL,

SixStringToker

Naked member
I believe that mine was bowed from the beginning, up towards the stem; that's how my new replacement screen is. With my screen holder now mounted so that the larger flange is on the bottom, it'd take quite a bit of work to push the screen out of the holder. I was so paranoid after I got the Tinymight back together that I tried a bunch of different things in an attempt to intentionally dislodge the screen, but I was unable to.

SixStringToker,
Top Bottom