TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
it just fits in a silicone housing.
If it comes to pass it will be an interesting experience attempting to fix it on my own. Would anyone recommend De-oxit on the two tiny pins and contact pads? When I had it disassembled it seemed like the entire motor, casing included, was loose. Perhaps because it does vibrates it needs a little room or looseness but I didn’t want to probe it much or bend the pins up just a fraction to insure contact with the pads. Again, that teardown is amazing and shed light on what I needed to look at. I’m also still wondering about the positive batt terminal and the fact it’s less springy about the same time the haptic motor stopped working. Likely a coincidence as all the lights work as they should. :peace:

Vaporific,
Hey, thanks. Did your on demand mode work without the haptic buzzes? Mine doesn’t seem to though sesh mode seems to work. Just woke up and yes I’m going to wake and bake with my TM to continue troubleshooting. As noted above, I did take mine apart - it was not as difficult as it seems and only recommend doing so out of need not curiosity if one is not inciined - but it still doesn’t buzz no matter what I’ve tried. Sent email to The Maker and also pinged him on Instagram yesterday too. I do believe my unit needs repair.

Hope everyone has a great & safe weekend. :peace:

The on-demand mode turned the light on when the button was pressed but without vibration or a change in light colour then it is impossible to know when it is ready, so I used it exclusively in session mode for safe keeping. The units are a lot more fragile than people realise (certainly not shock or shake proof) and the fabric bags don't offer much protection.

It would be great if the company would make a rubber style case for it - I've currently got mine wrapped in rubber bands to prevent any damage when putting it down and since then I've not encountered the issue.

angular ocelot

there is a way to fix everything and avoid waiting on orders and get emails answered. it involves a pentagram drawn in blood, some chickens, a little nudity and the chant "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" .
'
the maker', wearing a hooded robe, initiated me in this rite and i am sworn to secrecy. it fixed my problems but the land went dark and i saw a monstrous tentacle pass by my window. i just shut the curtain and smashed another load of auto blueberry.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yesterday I received my second TM. Haven’t had a chance to try it out yet, but I did want to report that the fit and finish seems to have improved since I received my first one a couple months ago. My OG works like a champ, but the wood finish was just ok. A little rough and not smooth, like a series of little ridges all the way around. Difficult to describe but, the new one is super smooth and well rounded. So much better in fact, I thought the TM was smaller at first! Lol. Just an illusion caused by the tactile difference. Have a good weekend everyone!
Super cool. I have yet to buy a backup and I'm glad to hear the wood finishing has improved. My first one was rather rough as well. Any difference in the initial seaweed oak smell? Got a side by side pic by any chance? No worries either way, I'm just curious.

bossman,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I received my TM yesterday: 4 days earlier than expected. I am enjoying it very much. I bought a couple longer stems, too. With a rubber band or piece of silicon tubing, you can make it into an adaptor for water sports.
DF1995-A4-9-FA3-4-E2-C-B5-B0-09-B776-C364-DE.jpg

9-A51-FF5-D-D855-4-F93-90-FB-67-FC4-E1042-E1.jpg

or an "O" ring
82-F5-ABB7-ED11-4-EAD-A668-44-CC0-E784782.jpg

Last edited:

stonedaze

@stonedaze
If the body is getting hot but you're not getting vapour then it could be a minor issue. Did you take anything apart, say to clean, before you used it?

I ran a q-tip with iso around the chamber and the glass stem before I used it. I noticed the stem was a little crooked and the metal tube wasn't perfectly centered on the heater screen so I loosened the o-ring cap slightly and straightened it out, but that didn't help. I barely loosened the torx screw about one turn and tapped the body a little bit with my finger hoping to get things aligned before I tightened it back up, but that didn't work. I saw that worked for someone on Reddit, but no such luck here.

@stonedaze

maybe you're doing something wrong.
how many seconds do you draw?
how do you pack the stem ? do you score the maximum or leave space ?
have you cleaned your device before using it? or disassembled it ?
or can be either the device is broken or you use poor quality staff (weed)

I have a perfectly functioning tm for more than 7 months now, and I always have a large number of clouds

I've been vaping for years using my Crafty and other older vapes. My weed puts out vapor for three 10-minute sessions using a capsule in the Crafty. I usually load a fresh bowl long before my weed runs out of vapor. I believe my device is broken. I might add, that was a good suggestion as I don't hear people mention weed quality very often.

Last edited:
stonedaze,

slayyou

Yesterday I received my second TM. Haven’t had a chance to try it out yet, but I did want to report that the fit and finish seems to have improved since I received my first one a couple months ago. My OG works like a champ, but the wood finish was just ok. A little rough and not smooth, like a series of little ridges all the way around. Difficult to describe but, the new one is super smooth and well rounded. So much better in fact, I thought the TM was smaller at first! Lol. Just an illusion caused by the tactile difference. Have a good weekend everyone!
I just received my replacement, I can verify that the fit and finish has improved, the steel on the new cu is a bit brighter compared to my originals. The anodization on the body also seems a bit different, a little thicker maybe? The machining on the round metal sections is massively improved, I can see mild scalloping in photos of my old one, this one is flawless. Wood is much better, very smooth. The colour of the carying-bag also changed, it's now dark brown instead of straw I got with my first one.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

@stonedaze
The top ring that screws into the unit where the stem goes - remove it as well as the red o-ring and the aluminum sleeve.
If you tip the device over now the bottom screen will fall out. It has a wider and narrower edge of metal that the glass stem sits against. Make sure the wide edge is facing up and reassemble.

If you're getting vapour on your Crafty for three 10 minute sessions there is something up. My Mighty crushes a cap in 3-4 minutes and I only get the good stuff.

sashka69

I got my official capsules today. Yeay! I don't know if they are worth the money but they work as intended.
Flavour and clouds decreased a little bit and I have to increase the temperature a lot.

Without capsule I use temp 4 to 7 native with short mouthpiece.

With capsule I use temp 5 to 9 native with short mouthpiece.

The fitting is almost perfect but a little tolerance in manufacturing. I use 2 capsules mostly so I stored the other in my long mouthpiece. 2 of them are pretty tough fitting the other slide in easily.

I ordered also some mistvape capsules (just4fun I guess. I saw too late that some users were unhappy with them) and will compare if I get them. I will make photos for comparison so stay tuned!

stonedaze

@stonedaze
The top ring that screws into the unit where the stem goes - remove it as well as the red o-ring and the aluminum sleeve.
If you tip the device over now the bottom screen will fall out. It has a wider and narrower edge of metal that the glass stem sits against. Make sure the wide edge is facing up and reassemble.

If you're getting vapour on your Crafty for three 10 minute sessions there is something up. My Mighty crushes a cap in 3-4 minutes and I only get the good stuff.

I tried that already. Both the stock stem and the Grav fit very snug and both bottom out on the heater screen. The wide side is facing up. It feels like there's no draw resistance at all like I'm just sucking air, but that couldn't be possible because of the snug fit. I just charged the battery and put it in session mode at a setting of 10 and not a hint of vapor. I can hear my heater making this buzzing noise as if it's working. It's buzzing the entire time it's turned on in session mode. My session mode automatically turns itself off after 2 to 3 minutes. The TM body is very hot after 5 to 6 draws and the stem is also kind of warm on the weed side, but the weed is still very green. Same load I've been trying to vape since yesterday.

A dosing capsule in my Crafty at 365 degrees puts out vapor for the entire first 10 minutes, then I dump the capsule to let it cool down quickly. I can do that for 2 more 10-minute sessions and get vapor from every single hit. Very rarely do I completely finish a load to where there's no more vapor available because my battery will run out before that happens plus I like a fresh load before then. I grow Chimera's Girl Scout Cookies S1's and this stuff is just loaded with trichs.

It's beyond obvious that I got a faulty unit. I'm just not sure if I can fix it myself or if I need to send it in for replacement. I'd rather not take it apart and mess up the warranty so I'll just wait for a reply to my RMA request. Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited:

Djsleepy

Does anyone know how long it takes.for him to process CC transactions? My bank said monies approved after flagging transaction as possible fraud, paid in 8/30/20 TIA

Djsleepy,

Kavix0

Does anyone know how long it takes.for him to process CC transactions? My bank said monies approved after flagging transaction as possible fraud, paid in 8/30/20 TIA
It seems like it varies, I've heard some people go complete immediately and have money taken out. My experience was that there was a pending transaction that fell off after a week or two, and when my unit shipped last week the money was just taken from my account again

Kavix0,
Reactions: cybrguy

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Fun things to do on a covid Saturday night....

Having recently reviewed this entire thread, yes my eyes are tired, I noticed quite a few TM owners discussing the often difficult TIMING of the ON/OFF button sequence. While 3-5 clicks to POWER ON a device is pretty standard on most ECig mods, the TM has a QUICK - FAST in a row type sequence, (maybe for added pocket carry safety).

But like many, it’s sometimes hit or miss just turning it ON. No it’s NOT a big deal, just something extra I have to think about, fine... but after the first hit, and I turn it off, next time on cloud nine, my brain forgets..

DISCOVERY, perhaps, the following is written under the assumption that ALL the ON/OFF buttons are programmed and behave the same way.

I stared playing with the button sequences, in terms of TIMING, hoping to beat the game. I’m now confident enough after duplicating the following technique.

It’s always 3 - CLICKS
but instead of starting with a FAST click and quickly continuing the next two,
TRY, just a normal-slow FIRST CLICK, a beat (no rush anymore), then the final two, fairly quickly back to back.
Doing it this way, I haven’t once failed in a first attempt. I guess the 3 fast clicks can confuse the unit.
SEQUENCE PRESSING: #1— #2 #3

NOTE: There is one odd behavior using the click technique, I can make it work 100% of the time, when unit is OFF, turn it ON, then if I immediately turn it back OFF, sequence works BOTH ON/OFF.
The ONLY time I had to revert the the QUICK-FAST 3-clicks, is after taking a hit. I thought it might be the heat, so I let it sit a few minutes, but I still had to do the old, 3 fast clicks to turn it off.

I’m sure the wordy essay makes it appear complicated, but the next time you’re using your TM, give the slow, deliberate first click, pause, next two, a try. In the end for me, just reduces one more thing to think about...

SquirrelMaster

I tried that already. Both the stock stem and the Grav fit very snug and both bottom out on the heater screen. The wide side is facing up. It feels like there's no draw resistance at all like I'm just sucking air, but that couldn't be possible because of the snug fit. I just charged the battery and put it in session mode at a setting of 10 and not a hint of vapor. I can hear my heater making this buzzing noise as if it's working. It's buzzing the entire time it's turned on in session mode. My session mode automatically turns itself off after 2 to 3 minutes. The TM body is very hot after 5 to 6 draws and the stem is also kind of warm on the weed side, but the weed is still very green. Same load I've been trying to vape since yesterday.

A dosing capsule in my Crafty at 365 degrees puts out vapor for the entire first 10 minutes, then I dump the capsule to let it cool down quickly. I can do that for 2 more 10-minute sessions and get vapor from every single hit. Very rarely do I completely finish a load to where there's no more vapor available because my battery will run out before that happens plus I like a fresh load before then. I grow Chimera's Girl Scout Cookies S1's and this stuff is just loaded with trichs.

It's beyond obvious that I got a faulty unit. I'm just not sure if I can fix it myself or if I need to send it in for replacement. I'd rather not take it apart and mess up the warranty so I'll just wait for a reply to my RMA request. Thanks for the suggestions.

I've never heard of a unit heating up but not producing vapour unless there was a bad seal, missing o-ring, etc. so you'd be the first. If you purchased it directly from Tinymight and haven't ripped apart then the only other obvious fix could be a missing o-ring inside the unit that some have lost taking their unit apart.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
It’s always 3 - CLICKS
but instead of starting with a FAST click and quickly continuing the next two,
TRY, just a normal-slow FIRST CLICK, a beat (no rush anymore), then the final two, fairly quickly back to back.
Doing it this way, I haven’t once failed in a first attempt. I guess the 3 fast clicks can confuse the unit.
SEQUENCE PRESSING: #1— #2 #3

I can totally confirm this, although it started to make sense only when I was reading this. Because I never really struggled with booting the TM up or down and especially recently realized that I am able to switch it on / off without being very speedy at all. I always assumed that I was just more used to rapid button clicking as I have been handling e cigs for years & all day long, they usually have various sequences with two to five clicks. But yeah, it's totally possible to boot the TM without having to perform like a fast forwarded cartoon character. Good observation, @RustyOldNail!

stonedaze

I've never heard of a unit heating up but not producing vapour unless there was a bad seal, missing o-ring, etc. so you'd be the first. If you purchased it directly from Tinymight and haven't ripped apart then the only other obvious fix could be a missing o-ring inside the unit that some have lost taking their unit apart.
I've been thinking about that, too. It doesn't make sense that this thing gets so warm, but I'm drawing fresh cool air through the stem with almost no resistance at all. I've read this whole thread from the beginning over the past few months and I remember alot of people had trouble positioning that large clear o-ring. I'm not sure where that's located and can't remember the problems they were having when it wasn't installed correctly. Looking at JoeKickass's excellent disassembly pictures, I don't see that o-ring. I see there's a metal coupler between the two internal glass tubes so I imagine it's near that location, but I'm not sure. I'm starting to think that might be my problem...either it's not installed correctly or maybe it's missing.

stonedaze,

zor

I can totally confirm this, although it started to make sense only when I was reading this. Because I never really struggled with booting the TM up or down and especially recently realized that I am able to switch it on / off without being very speedy at all. I always assumed that I was just more used to rapid button clicking as I have been handling e cigs for years & all day long, they usually have various sequences with two to five clicks. But yeah, it's totally possible to boot the TM without having to perform like a fast forwarded cartoon character. Good observation, @RustyOldNail!

Interesting, this doesn't work reliably for me. Instead, I've found regular timing for the three presses is more effective. It doesn't need to be ultra fast, or even fast...the three presses can span a little more than a second as long as the pacing is consistent. This has now made turning it on a non-issue for me

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I've been thinking about that, too. It doesn't make sense that this thing gets so warm, but I'm drawing fresh cool air through the stem with almost no resistance at all. I've read this whole thread from the beginning over the past few months and I remember alot of people had trouble positioning that large clear o-ring. I'm not sure where that's located and can't remember the problems they were having when it wasn't installed correctly. Looking at JoeKickass's excellent disassembly pictures, I don't see that o-ring. I see there's a metal coupler between the two internal glass tubes so I imagine it's near that location, but I'm not sure. I'm starting to think that might be my problem...either it's not installed correctly or maybe it's missing.
In my Tinymight the large clear oring sits atop the glass cylinder in the chamber lining the wall of the wood. Mine came out attempting to do the @dzoinp heater screen mod (which I’ve yet to do). The oring is fairly thin and mine curled up to the point it would not go back in. I ran my TM several weeks without one until I got a few spares thrown in with an accessories order. It ran fine without except the minor rattle of the glass cylinder; I didn’t discern any decreased performance without it. The new one wasn’t as difficult to insert as I thought and took me a few minutes. And apparently it worked well as I disassembled my TM for the first time today (troubleshooting the haptic motor which no longer works) and the glass tube and oring stayed put during the process and reassembly.

I may do more open vape surgery tomorrow cleaning the haptic motor pins and contacts and perhaps nudge the pins up a hair to insure they are making contact with the pads. :peace:

SquirrelMaster

I think there were 3 or 4 that had trouble when the device was disassembled and I understand why, it's easy to miss being clear and small. I posted a picture of it earlier in the thread which I bookmarked for an occasion like this

Without taking your Tinymight completely apart (torx screw) but with the top aluminum ring and red o-ring removed you'll see if it's there.

stonedaze

In my Tinymight the large clear oring sits atop the glass cylinder in the chamber lining the wall of the wood. Mine came out attempting to do the @dzoinp heater screen mod (which I’ve yet to do). The oring is fairly thin and mine curled up to the point it would not go back in. I ran my TM several weeks without one until I got a few spares thrown in with an accessories order. It ran fine without except the minor rattle of the glass cylinder; I didn’t discern any decreased performance without it. The new one wasn’t as difficult to insert as I thought and took me a few minutes. And apparently it worked well as I disassembled my TM for the first time today (troubleshooting the haptic motor which no longer works) and the glass tube and oring stayed put during the process and reassembly.

I may do more open vape surgery tomorrow cleaning the haptic motor pins and contacts and perhaps nudge the pins up a hair to insure they are making contact with the pads. :peace:
Thanks for the reply. It seems I have an unrelated defect if yours works without that o-ring. I read where @dzoinp dislodged his o-ring by blowing compressed air through the air vent holes and he was able to fix it using a small screwdriver without disassembly. i know now that's probably not my problem, but I can't even locate it. Is it supposed to be on top of the lower glass tube which would put it near the heater screen area, or does it go above the upper glass tube which would place it right under the cap threads lip? Maybe I can't see it because it's right below the thread lip but I did notice this strange looking dark gray o-ring at the very bottom of the threaded area which actually looks like it's in the very last thread, and the big red o-ring sits right over that gray o-ring or whatever it is. I'm not sure if disassembly would help me. Hopefully you get your vibrator to work.

Edit: Thanks for that picture SquirrelMaster. That's exactly where I see the thin dark gray o-ring I mentioned so that seems to be in place.

stonedaze,
Top Bottom