TinyMight / TM 2

Djsleepy

I can relate I've been debating with myself the past few weeks on weather or not to pull the trigger, pretty much the biggest factor being customer service which right now sucks to put it politely. But to counter point that I've never seen a report of anyone needing to send their unit back more than once and actually most people are fixed up with the tinymight unspoken code, the only problem being getting it from the maker. As I get closer to the deadline of my t break I'm now leaning towards grabbing one now rather then waiting, why? Some of it is vas, wanting to play with a new vape but I'm no professional vaper and my collection is fairly small and I use them all in various amounts, so the tinymight isn't just a vape for the sake of getting a vape, it will give me options I don't currently have. And there's no saying that cs will be better in a few months, he will still be a small operation and demand doesn't look like it's going to die out anytime soon. Rest assured your not getting a hopper that will spend more time in rma than with you
You make good points .... hmmmmm

zor

It's almost been 2 months of having my TM and using it about 6 days a week, every week. I've mostly been using it on-demand, starting around 3 and ending on 9, sometimes going straight to 8 or 9 and trying to kill the bowl in one or two hits. I cough like crazy, but I cough from every vape. Lately, been using session mode a lot more, just for ease of a few back-to-back hits on my waterpieces.

I haven't had any issues with it, cleaning the various tubes I'm using with it has been super simple, and I've dropped it twice onto hardwood floors from about 4 feet with no perceptible damage or impact (pun intended) to function. Mine has a very noticeable buzz which, when using on-demand mode, wavers a tiny bit right as it reaches temp, so should haptic feedback die out there's that way of realizing when it is ready.

I've done a few tests with session mode, cranking it to 9, turning it on and just leaving it in my bong. It never seems to toast the herb in there when there is no airflow, which I think is evidence enough that this is indeed pure convection (not that I doubted it, but neat to see nonetheless). I've had it power down when I've left it like that, with 2 or 3 buzzes left on the battery power check upon turning it on, but I thought it stayed on in session mode until turned off?

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
5 months now. 7 days a week, generally 7-8 sessions/day. Only issue was my aforementioned self-inflicted scare.

Today is the first day I've had the house to myself in 5 months, so I'm pushing TM pretty hard. Despite this, I still couldn't drain 2 batteries before the next 2 were done charging.

I had a bowl of kief with just a touch of bud to cover it and sat a 4 for a long while with it, then bumped it up to 6. I got so much out of it that I thought it must be toast, but decided to have a look and stir (which I never do, btw), then bumped it up to 7.5 and got 2 more glorious hits.

Just cleaned the battery threads and contact for the first time and man were they dirty.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
and actually most people are fixed up with the tinymight unspoken code,
I think that’s the exception more than the rule. I haven’t made the ‘adjustment’ and don’t need to.

3-4 batteries are usually sufficient for most folks. I rotate 3 VTC6s; get 6-8 loads per battery. Session mode tends to drain my cells faster than on-demand mode; I use on-demand mode most of the time. Not because it uses less juice but because it suits me better. If anyone is on the fence about getting a Tinymight, it’s an awesome portable vape. 6+ months with mine and more than a happy camper every time I use it. There aren’t enough superlatives to describe this thing. It’s simply awesome. :peace:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I think that’s the exception more than the rule. I haven’t made the ‘adjustment’ and don’t need to.
That was only in regards to people whose tinymight isn't functioning properly, which seems to happen pretty quickly if you end up with a problem unit but at least it's a easy fix and it seems like if your unit lasts longer than a month you're probably golden long haul, at least from what I've read.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@Djsleepy - I have only had my TM for two days, but knowing YOUR usage, I recommend at least 6 batteries for you.
I definitely think you will love this vape (although the FF2 wins on flavor).
I am concerned about the CS for you (do you own any vapes that haven’t had to be repaired?)
I‘m not trying to discourage you, but if you have the patience, you may want to wait until you don’t have to send overseas.
DON’T MISUNDERSTAND - my initial thoughts on the TM are nothing but positive, but @Djsleepy is in a vape league on a different level than most!

I will post my initial thoughts on the TM in next few days - so far it is everything you all said it would be! :tup:

Djsleepy

but @Djsleepy is in a vape league on a different level than most!

thanks @Jill NYC for the accolades lol but you are right ....so far i haven’t killed the Mighty( it’s used less more of a convenience vape) and Killed my first FF2+ coil in three months sending off Monday.....but beforehaze and ghost just had a da buddha and pax2 ( went thru a couple of those) so tinymight would be a nice “punch “ to add to the mix

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Does it come with a water pipe adapter?
No. There's 2 available from the manufacturer 1 with a glass screen and metal screen and 10/14/18 connections 2 with cooling unit and 18 connection. And if you can find one 3 a short rbt straight stem with basket screens and 18 connection

Bad Dog,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Djsleepy, great opportunity for me to interject an O(ff)T(topic), but hopefully beneficial post for some. (I might even post this is the resource thread. :nod:)

Here's a list of reputable battery sellers courtesy of @TheDudeNextDoor. (Note, that as I have not verified the retailers, some retailers made be outdated.) I can only personally vouch for the 1st 3 US based companies.

www.liionwholesale.com
www.imrbatteries.com
www.illumn.com
www.rtdvapor.com
www.batterybro.com
www.orbtronic.com
www.nkon.nl
www.akkuteile.de
http://ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk

Per @Pyr0, here's another excellent, well trusted UK vendor for batteries:

https://www.fogstar.co.uk
"Usually discounts on Fridays and at multiple times during the year (just sign up for the newsletter)". << once again, may be outdated.)
[/QUOTE]

I wasn't in the mood to do the research, so I wanted a cheap charger to tide me over. This is the one I picked up &, although it doesn't have the cell-testing capabilities of the top units, I'm surprised how happy I am with it. It's nice that you can charge @.5 amps up to 2 amps.

@Djsleepy, whatever charger you settle on, most definitely go with a 4-bay. You won't be sorry because you'll readily use the extra bays. I'd be miserable if I only had 2 bays to work with, & I'm, unlike you (an understatement if there ever was one :p), a microdoser.

Last edited:

Djsleepy

@Djsleepy, great opportunity for me to interject an O(ff)T(topic), but hopefully beneficial post for some. (I might even post this is the resource thread. :nod:)

Here's a list of reputable battery sellers courtesy of @TheDudeNextDoor. (Note, that as I have not verified the retailers, some retailers made be outdated.) I can only personally vouch for the 1st 3 US based companies.

www.liionwholesale.com
www.imrbatteries.com
www.illumn.com
www.rtdvapor.com
www.batterybro.com
www.orbtronic.com
www.nkon.nl
www.akkuteile.de
http://ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk

Per @Pyr0, here's another excellent, well trusted UK vendor for batteries:

https://www.fogstar.co.uk
"Usually discounts on Fridays and at multiple times during the year (just sign up for the newsletter)". << once again, may be outdated.)

I wasn't in the mood to do the research, so I wanted a cheap charger to tide me over. This is the one I picked up &, although it doesn't have the cell-testing capabilities of the top units, I'm surprised how happy I am with it. It's nice that you can charge @.5 amps up to 2 amps.

@Djsleepy, whatever charger you settle on, most definitely go with a 4-bay. You won't be sorry because you'll readily use the extra bays. I'd be miserable if I only had 2 bays to work with, & I'm, unlike you (an understatement if there ever was one :p), am a microdoser.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks @Summer , hope you are doing well one question flat or button top battery?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Anyone have instructions on calibrating the TM a step forward or backward?

It’s supposedly a set of directions you have to email TM directly. While with normal, large companies this is usually not an issue. But, since as of this message and before at some point, emails get returned by a robot, saying they can’t response right now, and I’m not sure they get addressed at some point or not.

I don’t need to do a temporary adjustment right now, and hopefully never will, BUT, I’d still like to have a copy of them as a paying customer, to keep on file. Few stay in business forever. I believe these instructions should be SHARED. I will continue to search the web as I’m sure someone will share my feelings on it, and share. I realize the maker doesn’t want idiots screwing something up, and returning their TM, and that’s fine, IF you keep your channels open for communication.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
thanks @Jill NYC for the accolades lol but you are right ....so far i haven’t killed the Mighty( it’s used less more of a convenience vape) and Killed my first FF2+ coil in three months sending off Monday.....but beforehaze and ghost just had a da buddha and pax2 ( went thru a couple of those) so tinymight would be a nice “punch “ to add to the mix

Well the tinymight heater is not a coil like the FF, it is far more robust... And since this is your first glass stem-based vape that should be a nice change for you, but remember glass is fragile of course! Also your first 18650 experience, you're in for a treat in many ways! lol Shouldn't really need maintenance unless it suffers some bad damage or is seriously defective?

Also there is no need for button tops protection because the protection is coming from the device in this case!

Rusty, I think someone did post them here, buried in the thread if you try to search, but yeah a few members know it so I'm sure it will be accessible I wouldn't panic about that

RustyOldNail

Flat! I wish we could use button 'cause those batts I believe are protected.

Shitsnacks mentioned this above, protected cells are mostly used in UNREGULATED devices. They can be problematic in several ways. They are usually longer, as a tiny chip is installed on the top of the battery, then covered with the battery wrapper. Many of these chips will have a higher cutoff voltage, so your device will stop working sooner, assuming it even fits. Protected batteries have their place, but most ECig and vape devices are designed and built for UNPROTECTED 18650’s. The chipset in a properly made device is supposed to deal with the battery protection protocols, and in most cases do a better, safer job, then what’s added to make a regular battery a protected one.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Understood what you stated, but would there be some added protection in case the device fails in some way? Educate me.

Rusty explained it much better than I and understands it better, but the term protected unprotected is just a term for the batteries in this case, I understand why it would be a scary thing to hear you are buying unprotected batteries! But it is perfectly safe in our devices (of course there is inherent risk with our beloved unregulated devices as we all who buy those should be aware of)

LabPong

Thank you, for pointing that out, saved me from typing the same thing, over and over.......

I TRY to post both QUESTIONS and ANSWERS to members as CAREFULLY & DETAILED, (worded) as I can. Lately, this doesn’t seem to matter. I’m going to slow down my participation....

terribly sorry....my fault for posting pre-coffee.....

If you have access to thread cutters/taps.....you could fix that pretty easy if the threads are not matching.

LabPong,

Djsleepy

Well the tinymight heater is not a coil like the FF, it is far more robust... And since this is your first glass stem-based vape that should be a nice change for you, but remember glass is fragile of course! Also your first 18650 experience, you're in for a treat in many ways! lol Shouldn't really need maintenance unless it suffers some bad damage or is seriously defective?

Also there is no need for button tops protection because the protection is coming from the device in this case!

Rusty, I think someone did post them here, buried in the thread if you try to search, but yeah a few members know it so I'm sure it will be accessible I wouldn't panic about that
Oh yeah I got Solo 2 so used to cleaning glass and being careful!

RustyOldNail

terribly sorry....my fault for posting pre-coffee.....

If you have access to thread cutters/taps.....you could fix that pretty easy if the threads are not matching.

Nice of you to address that, no problem.

What I’ve learned since, was at a hunch, I thought he most likely used the same tap for both battery compartment and tube compartment, true.

So when swapping both caps positions, the battery cap screws all the way down in the tube slot, which means those threads are fine. Screwing the tube cap into the battery slot, it BINDS and STOPS. Therefore, one can deduce it’s the threads on the cap, which in terms of replacement, the BEST case scenario.

My “hunch”, probably came from another member earlier in this thread, as I remember someone saying hopefully it’s just you cap, so THANKS, for the thought seed.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: WisePenny
Top Bottom