TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Imagine there is a tiny size range that will work w/ the TM since it uses an o-ring to hold the stem if I'm not mistaken @SquirrelMaster
Yes, there’s an oring near the top of the Tinymight to hold the stem in place. I like your stem and may be interested in this too. I don’t use my rig that often but it would be a good accessory to have for special occasions.

On a rare occasion I may have had one battery buzz during a session the other day but I think it was in shut off mode as I started my session with two buzzes and was able to get a few draws in with two. Fleeting at best but it was cool to use the TM on two buzzes for a bit (not unusual) but then get one buzz before shutoff. :peace:

LabPong

Thanks all. I purchased the 14mm GonG on 16mm glass tubes a while back with the intention of turning them into glass heater covers. They are about 7 inches long with a 14mm GonG on each end of the tube. I just cut it in half and polished the ends to create two tubes about 3.5" (~90mm) long. I can cut them to 60-65mm length @LabPong if you like. The screen is held in place by friction, so it can be positioned anywhere in the tube you like. The screen really locks in place after some reclaim buildup. Helps to heat the glass for removing the screen so the oil softens a bit. A lot easier to clean a straight tube.
Imagine there is a tiny size range that will work w/ the TM since it uses an o-ring to hold the stem if I'm not mistaken @SquirrelMaster . It is frustrating to deal with glass tubes that vary slightly in size. I can check the tube size w/ calipers if you can tell me the size range. My standard 19/22mm wooden roasting tubes have a 16mm mouthpiece end, so they may also work in the TM. I don't currently have a TM to test the roasting tubes.

Most of the RBT stems that I have are close....but if you stick to 16mm you are golden! My cheap calipers measured dead nuts on .63 inches. Which is pretty much 16mm.

LabPong,
Reactions: Summer

Frosty Trees

Well, yeah, TM really is as good as we've been hearing. Everyone should get one yesterday.

I find that hand torn flower works perfectly well in TM, no need for grinding, wow, what a huge plus. Why y'all grinding?

btka

got my tinymight from vapefiend today... charging battery now.... my tm is smelling like fish oil... is this normal? strange...

Last edited:

Tweakz

got my tinymight from vapefiend today... charging battery now.... my tm is smelling like fish oil... is this normal? strange...
Yes, this is normal . soon the smell will be gone. it's just the smell of wood . this does not affect the taste of steam. although when I got my new tm, I first wiped it inside before using it

btka

really strange ... but it really smells like fish... also my hands after touching... did take now one draw from my tm... I have to use it more... but the first hit really impressed me... big tasty cloud at 6.... when I started with vaping I liked my e-nano log a lot... and always dreamed of a portable log... and the tm seem to be like this... also the cooling unit seems to work great.... I had milana, gh, and a hi for mod... and they all was to hot for my throat ... native... it seems like someone heared what people demand in a vape... not like others...

only complain the finish of the wood could be better...

and also the tm is smaller then I thought...

Thorssen

I
I have not used Ed's butter, but it's basically beeswax, which is what I use. It's actually quite simple: apply a thin layer of wax (using small amounts at a time & a clean piece of cotton cloth), let it sit for a few hours, polish the excess off with a clean cotton cloth (by following the woods grain and with some patience). I would not disassemble the aluminum parts when doing so, it's not necessary and will create quite a bit of a messy situation I think. You might have to repeat the waxing once or twice to make it last for a while.
I've been giving mine a coat of food grade beeswax polish (made with mineral oil rather than white spirit) each day for a week. The wood feels much happier for it. I'll probably continue on a once a week basis from now.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I've been rubbing beeswax beads into the hot body after a couple of bowls. I agree the finish isn't great where the grain isn't the tightest, but filling the grain with Wax is helping if feel much better in the hand. I've also given it a couple of light coats of dynawax.

btka

first time experiencing such a fish smell on a wooden vape... where does this smell come from? asking just out of curiosity... first thought something wrong maybe with my tm...

but no problem if it will go away with time...

otherwise as said I was impressed from my first draws...

Last edited:
btka,

mc

I've been rubbing beeswax beads into the hot body after a couple of bowls. I agree the finish isn't great where the grain isn't the tightest, but filling the grain with Wax is helping if feel much better in the hand. I've also given it a couple of light coats of dynawax.
This is what I do, I have a stick of beeswax I just crayon the wood when ti's warm and then rub it in with a cloth. So just regular BW will do, no need for a mix with oil.

LabPong

Great hit but WOW... I can see why some people are unhappy about the red light shining through that gap!

Understand that is because of the lighting in that video and it may be that the naked eye would not show it as so bright. In normal room light you can not even see that. His unit might be worse than the 2 I have... I will have to check them in a dark room and see. But maybe because I use wraps on my TM's...it closes off most of any light bleed in that area where it is mounted on the circuit board.

I believe the new units have the ability to turn off the led or also the haptic feedback buzzer. There was now instruction change in the vape I got recently after this change happened, but I think the instructions were on the old FC thread. Someone should put that on the first post if possible.

first time experiencing such a fish smell on a wooden vape... where does this smell come from? asking just out of curiosity... first thought something wrong maybe with my tm...

Yes....it smells odd. But it will go away gradually. I wiped everything I could with a iso dampened q tip and followed up a few times after that for a couple days. After I used it....I would take the cell out and then let it all breath out to help speed up the manufacture smells.

Well, yeah, TM really is as good as we've been hearing. Everyone should get one yesterday.
I find that hand torn flower works perfectly well in TM, no need for grinding, wow, what a huge plus. Why y'all grinding?

Because it is simple and easy with my S&B or BCG.....and I never have to touch it directly. And because I stir every draw with a wpa. That said, I like a bigger grind.

Last edited:

Thorssen

I think it's just the smell from the wax / finish they used on the wood. As the other folk say, it goes away in a few days, especially if you don't keep it in the pouch. Even more quickly if you wax it yourself

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah my earlier unit I did not notice a smell like that at all, while some others around the same time did... It must have to do with where it was sourced, near some scandanavian smoked fish?!

I never waxed or oiled mine but I'm sure it could use it, very dry, I don't think it is wax/oil "finished" at all actually... Just Finnish! (and for some, fish-ish)

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Most of the RBT stems that I have are close....but if you stick to 16mm you are golden! My cheap calipers measured dead nuts on .63 inches. Which is pretty much 16mm.
I measured the tubes with a caliper and they are right at 16mm. One of the tubes I have yet to cut is 15.88mm and another is 16.04mm. Only have four of the tubes left which means I can only make eight tubes since there is a 14mm GonG on each end. Looking at some glass suppliers and see they sell a single 14mm GonG on a 16mm x 2.5mm glass tube. That would make the inside diameter 11mm, in which my 12mm basket screens also fit. Will have to get some with my next glass order and see how close to 16mm they are.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I think it's just the smell from the wax / finish they used on the wood. As the other folk say, it goes away in a few days, especially if you don't keep it in the pouch. Even more quickly if you wax it yourself
I did not notice any fish smell with mine, but I also rubbed beeswax on day 1 because the body looked and felt so dry.

Cheebsy,
Top Bottom