TinyMight / TM 2

Kelnef

Hi guys, iv encountered a wierd issue with my Tinymight. It refuses to turn on. Iv owned it for about 2-3 years and it always turned off when low battery by vibrating 4 times quickly, 1 long and 2 short. Recently I went to turn it on and it did this immediately. Now no matter what temp setting or how long I charge it it does this as soon as you turn it on. Iv opened it up and raised the contact strip with a piece of paper, rescrewed it all back together and still no luck. The battery seems to shift around in the chamber a little bit also. I bought a new battery to see if the battery was just dead but it does the exact same thing. Any ideas before I try to get into contact with the TM people to get her repaired??

Kelnef,
Reactions: Elfstone

Momor

Everything works except vibrate. And the battery is 18650. Not sure the brand as it's airvapes battery. And my legacy pro is almost 2 months old
Can that be fixed by the user or is a return necessary?
Is this fixable or does it need sent in?
haptic motor can easily be adjusted on the OG TM. I wasn’t brave enough to verify if it’s valid for the TM2 yet.
Are you sure youve not just switched it off? There's a silent mode with no haptic.
On the TM the vibration motor was attached to the bottom aluminum plate and was held in a soft silicone housing, with two little legs that make contact to the electronic board once the plate is screwed to the body, and sometimes could get dislodged and thus not functioning properly.
If it's still made the same in the TM2 the fix is very easy. Take the bottom screw out and check that little vibration motor 😅

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Hi guys, iv encountered a wierd issue with my Tinymight. It refuses to turn on. Iv owned it for about 2-3 years and it always turned off when low battery by vibrating 4 times quickly, 1 long and 2 short. Recently I went to turn it on and it did this immediately. Now no matter what temp setting or how long I charge it it does this as soon as you turn it on. Iv opened it up and raised the contact strip with a piece of paper, rescrewed it all back together and still no luck. The battery seems to shift around in the chamber a little bit also. I bought a new battery to see if the battery was just dead but it does the exact same thing. Any ideas before I try to get into contact with the TM people to get her repaired??
Hi @Kelnef ! welcome to FC:brow:
it looks like the positive contact (on the board) has been pushed down...do you drop the battery with the TM vertically? must be placed with the TM horizontally... it's an old tip ;)
or did you drop the device...?
try to lift the contact with a clip with the end bent or something similar

Last edited:

Kelnef

Hi @Kelnef ! welcome to FC:brow:
it looks like the positive contact (on the board) has been pushed down...do you drop the battery with the TM vertically? must be placed with the TM horizontally... it's an old tip ;)
or did you drop the device...?
try to lift the contact with a clip with the end bent or something similar
Il give that a try and see what happens. Yeah I did drop it vertically for a bit at the start but started doing it horizontally once I thought about it a bit more. Yeah dropped it once almost a year ago but it was fine until a week ago. How do I go about getting at the contact? take the bottom off or try to reach it down the battery chamber?

Kelnef,
Reactions: Elfstone

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...
Il give that a try and see what happens. Yeah I did drop it vertically for a bit at the start but started doing it horizontally once I thought about it a bit more. Yeah dropped it once almost a year ago but it was fine until a week ago. How do I go about getting at the contact? take the bottom off or try to reach it down the battery chamber?
Just reach down the battery chamber with something that has a hooked end and raise contact a bit.

sickmanfraud

I can try that. I just would of assumed the vibration would have worked from the get go. I set it to 8 and hold the button for like 8 seconds and hit. Get some great clouds. Just kind of guessing where the vibration might be lol
I strongly suggest that you get it fixed by TMV. On my first TM I forgot to wait for the buzz and I just pushed the button and started drawing until I combusted.

Drawing before the haptic signal is dangerous for the health of your TM. Be in touch with the place you bought it for warranty service.

@Kelnef welcome to FC . You are under warranty for 7+ more years. Be in touch with Tinymight in Finland.

There was a link to a TM repair video a few pages back if you are adventurous.

I have a comment to add to the discussion of a hypothetical 2 battery TM. I personally would rather carry the number of batteries I might need to swap on a long outing as opposed to having to carry 2 batteries (installed) all the time even if only for a short outing.

@kryptic_dusk If your titanium stem is too large be in touch with Finland and ask them how to proceed.

Please excuse the caps I don't folks to miss it.

TINYMIGHT'S INSTAGRAM SAYS THERE WILL BE A SMALL DROP IN 23 HOURS FROM NOW

I don't know how many units are available.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Purpleheart -> RED

Confirmed by Tinymight today via email. I’m #1 on the waiting list too :). Broke glasses on vacation and can’t see shit on my phone with contact lenses. Regards. :peace:

Nice, I had a feeling we could trust that previous confirmation of PH, are you certain you are number one though?!? I had mentioned to him prior to the launch, a month or so ago now, to set aside one of them for me too :lol:;):cheers::spliff:

DaVapeGuy

I have a comment to add to the discussion of a hypothetical 2 battery TM. I personally would rather carry the number of batteries I might need to swap on a long outing as opposed to having to carry 2 batteries (installed) all the time even if only for a short outing.

A two battery option would be nice for people that prefer that.

Less swapping would be nice

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Purpleheart -> RED

Confirmed by Tinymight today via email. I’m #1 on the waiting list too :). Broke glasses on vacation and can’t see shit on my phone with contact lenses. Regards. :peace:

My Splinter is PH, don’t use it so I’ll dig it out for a look. I liked it enough at the time to buy it, and we know that type of wood can take the heat. I’m not concerned about a list, I’m sure they will make more then 2…. :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My Splinter is PH, don’t use it so I’ll dig it out for a look. I liked it enough at the time to buy it, and we know that type of wood can take the heat. I’m not concerned about a list, I’m sure they will make more then 2…. :)

Yeah I have a SplinterZ in PH as well as a rare Milaana1 (gorgeous end grain cut piece) fortunately. Although it can be a bit more of a sensitizer type of wood, when the heater and pathway is sheathed in glass like those and here, there isn't really any issue in my experience... They could be more of a limited run TM2, more expensive too I'm sure, but yes there will be plenty for everyone! :tup:

Md_Hybrid

Stuck under a 🪵
I'm on day 5 now and it's still all love over here. Having never used a powered portable before I've also been pleasantly surprised with the battery life I'm getting out of it. I bought 3 extra batteries but haven't used more than 2 in a day yet. It's getting to the point where I think I'm going to need to get a backup, just in case you know 😉, and that purple heart is sounding pretty enticing now 🙂

danjens

Can anyone who owns/used an array of TM/TM2 stems compare the cooling and functionality of the High Artisan 4 pill? Thanks in advance!
I have used : stock stem with cu, stock tube with 2mm boro beads, stock tube with 4mm boro beads, Ed’s cocobolo stem with various boro configurations, inverted rbt stem through hooks, dimple stems, water rigs.
This is with an og tm and 1.5 tm

I would say the high artisan stem is by far my favorite. Very open draw but incredible cooling and terp preservation. I like the tm best from 3-5.5ish and I never feel the need for any additional cooling.
I hope this helps, happy to answer any specific questions.

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
I have used : stock stem with cu, stock tube with 2mm boro beads, stock tube with 4mm boro beads, Ed’s cocobolo stem with various boro configurations, inverted rbt stem through hooks, dimple stems, water rigs.
This is with an og tm and 1.5 tm

I would say the high artisan stem is by far my favorite. Very open draw but incredible cooling and terp preservation. I like the tm best from 3-5.5ish and I never feel the need for any additional cooling.
I hope this helps, happy to answer any specific questions.
Thanks for this! I'm a new TM2 user myself and was just thinking about one of these as the screen of my grinder clogs pretty fast and thinking this might be an easier to maintain option compared to the CU. Part of the problem is that I think my existing crappy grinder is too fine, so I'm going back to the old fashioned way and just break up the buds with my fingers. From what I've read, that should help too.

Top Bottom