TinyMight / TM 2

Brewervapesalot

Got my TM yesterday, i been testing it a lot but im not ready yet to give a proper "review"... still in the honeymoon phase, but one thing i can say, all the build up made my expectations high and i was slightly disappointed with the TM especially the flavour for me its not a A+ its max a B+ ... but is growing in to me this device, 1st hit insane and the buzz i fell after using a small load (1/2 used in crafty .1g) is worth mentioning, great micro dose IMO. Dont like the look of the AVB is not even and every time i see some black avb i feel :disgust: . Didnt tried yet session mode or big loads, but i think i rather use 2 or 3 times in a row and micro dose than vaping a big bowl ( >.2g). Another thing i dont particularly like is the big diameter of the stem i would rather use a small diameter one, especially the MP...

I have been looking both here and VLF, looks like peeps are looking for alternative stems, to use in water pieces, @LabPong already nailed that one using RBT short stem but it seems that small diameter diferences make this work work or not (if i understood correctly). i started to play with the stem and im posting some results.

yn6rih8854hmylww.jpeg

1st i notice that the G43 basket screen work perfectly on this stem, but its keeps getting stuck inside and then i need to unscrew and remove the parts to remove the screen... so although i like it a lot is not working as i wanted....

siq28h8iwjpqtgyc.jpeg

Then i started to play with my balls :brow::rofl::brow: and used some S&B concentrates pads and build a cooling unit with the long stem, here is side by side with the standard stem with cooling unit and a basket on the bottom of both stems to help prevent build up and helps the cleaning.

0ejnls9705exl3yf.png

I think we will see a lot of alternatives for the standard stem in the near future

Cheers
:cool:

Pack loosely to help the ABV be more even.

Looser the better IMO.

I agree flavor is not A+, but B+ to A- is easily attainable, especially below level 8. All glass stems improve flavor on the margins.

What is great is consistency. There is no fighting clouds. They just happen easily. My favorite is the Grav tapered stem at level 3-4. That's a solid A in flavor, if that is what u seek.

Edit:
I usually start at 4 and end at 8. No more popcorn or black ring, very even tasty extraction.

Great point.

(I'd add that below level 5 or 6, you dont even notice really the all glass stems having warmer vapor.... compared to stem with cooling unit)

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I've been looking for high temp Silicone caps to put over the mouthpiece of the stem (in unit) and over loose stems stored aside. A lot of websites only sell in large quantities but I came across https://www.stockcap.com/store/silicone-caps.html and between the 15.24mm (come in 10 packs) and 15.88mm (come in 5 packs) I think I found a good solution. I haven't purchased caps before so I don't know how far I should go below the 16mm stem when sizing. They are pretty deep so over the mouthpiece which would require a cut to keep a lower profile. I'd prefer black which they also have here https://www.stockcap.com/store/epdm-caps.html but the minimum quantities are higher.

Brewervapesalot

I usually start at 4 and end at 8. No more popcorn or black ring, very even tasty extraction.

Great point.
I've been looking for high temp Silicone caps to put over the mouthpiece of the stem (in unit) and over loose stems stored aside. A lot of websites only sell in large quantities but I came across https://www.stockcap.com/store/silicone-caps.html and between the 15.24mm (come in 10 packs) and 15.88mm (come in 5 packs) I think I found a good solution. I haven't purchased caps before so I don't know how far I should go below the 16mm stem when sizing. They are pretty deep so over the mouthpiece which would require a cut to keep a lower profile. I'd prefer black which they also have here https://www.stockcap.com/store/epdm-caps.html but the minimum quantities are higher.

The silicone cover that comes with the non tapered grav stem works as a beefy cover. Just use the non mouthpiece side.

LabPong

I’ve used the Square and that was a disaster. Thought I wrote that. Maybe not cause I’m feeling like shit. Tried the ghost and could never get consistent results.

regarding the question about the dial. I like to use for medical reasons. Certain terpenes vape at certain temps. So knowing exactly what temp I’m at helps me control the affects I’m looking for by releasing certain terpenes.

I see.....yea the square was a disaster...I saw that one coming. MV1.....i had a good one from the beta start...worked very well and consistent for me. But I could not handle the silicone taste at all....

I can tell you that the TM is not even in the same neighborhood as those two....TM lives in the upscale neighborhood.....lol

I like it because you can tailor the vapor by how fast you draw. You can make it extract very fast with a stronger draw. I use medium draws with a little ramp up to the end. But since you can get a big hit in a short draw....you dont think about it much and just do it and you control the heat by your draw power. I dont think you can over power the heater on 1 hit at all.

But for extraction temps....I go by the feel with the TM. It will also have to do with your rig as well.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I like it because you can tailor the vapor by how fast you draw. You can make it extract very fast with a stronger draw. I use medium draws with a little ramp up to the end. But since you can get a big hit in a short draw....you dont think about it much and just do it and you control the heat by your draw power. I dont think you can over power the heater on 1 hit at all.

:nod::clap::tup::rockon::love:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
is 16mm a standard size?
No, not really. Not that there really is a standard size for stems on vapes.
But as far as I can tell, you will find a much bigger variety with 18/19 mm as well as 12mm and 14mm.
16 mm, not so much. But my guess (hope) is that won’t be for long!
Someone more knowledgeable, please correct me if I am wrong.

And by 16 mm - we are talking about the outer diameter of the part that goes into the TM, not the mouthpiece end (which may or may not be same diameter).

Last edited:

ominosity

The Grav tube arrived today and I’ve used it Around 6 times so this is only an early impression.

459-DD871-63-C6-44-C1-8-AF1-80262-CABD24-A.jpg

It looks very nice! The glass is thicker than the stock stems and has a quality feel. I’m using a slightly deformed at the edges Milaana screen which fits well. With no load there is a slightly increased draw resistance compared to the stock stems with CU and with a load this resistance increases but it’s still easy enough to take a decent rip. One thing I did notice was that towards the end of a session the draw resistance seemed to increase as If the material was compressing and slightly blocking airflow through the single air hole.

The tube cools the vapour very well compared to the stock long stem with no cooling unit. It’s only slightly warmer than the short stem with the cooling unit which I quite like as I sometimes feel the cooling unit is a bit too effective and would prefer a bit of warmth. The vapour also feels slightly thicker than the stock stem with CU which I also see as a plus. Cloud size seemed to be slightly smaller for equivalent temp with the mini stem and CU. This felt like it was down to the tighter draw. The flip side of this was there seemed to be an extra hit to the session. Doing back to back hits and long draws saw the glass getting quite hot. Probably more so than the stock short stem with CU but not too hot to use.

Flavour... I hoped the Grav mouthpiece would excel in this area but I’m a bit sad to say that so far, for me it didn’t quite live up to my expectation. It’s not bad but doing a direct comparison with the short stem and CU, the short stem has more flavour at all temps. ( I know flavour is subjective so I look forward to hearing from others). I thought I might be packing my bowls too tight so I tried a much looser pack but it didn’t seem to improve flavour. It makes no sense to me how the stock stem with lots of metal in the air path can deliver better flavour than a pure glass path but for me that’s how it is.

Overall I’m pleased to have this mouthpiece and will use it in rotation. I like the feel and temp of the vapour but the slightly diminished flavour alongside a bit of draw restriction means it doesn’t for me improve on the stock set up which is for now the one that will continue to get the most use from me.

im not a robot

But as far as I can tell, you will find a much bigger variety with 18/19 mm as well as 12mm and 14mm.
16 mm, not so much
thx! that's exactly what i was wondering. so the rbt stems fitting backwards seems basically a (lucky) coincidence. i find it a bit surprising that there isn't a universal standard yet. but then again this would take some of the fun out of discovering beauties like that taster brewer found. and i suppose different heater designs would also call for different stem diameters.. i like the simplicity of the original tm stems - but without actually having tried any, what @Brewervapesalot writes re the influence of stem design on taste seems to make sense & i also really like the wealth of mere aesthetic options that are unlocked f.ex.with lamarts system. so options, good to have, looking forward to all of them.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
The Grav tube arrived today and I’ve used it Around 6 times so this is only an early impression.

It looks very nice! The glass is thicker than the stock stems and has a quality feel. I’m using a slightly deformed at the edges Milaana screen which fits well. With no load there is a slightly increased draw resistance compared to the stock stems with CU and with a load this resistance increases but it’s still easy enough to take a decent rip. One thing I did notice was that towards the end of a session the draw resistance seemed to increase as If the material was compressing and slightly blocking airflow through the single air hole.

The tube cools the vapour very well compared to the stock long stem with no cooling unit. It’s only slightly warmer than the short stem with the cooling unit which I quite like as I sometimes feel the cooling unit is a bit too effective and would prefer a bit of warmth. The vapour also feels slightly thicker than the stock stem with CU which I also see as a plus. Cloud size seemed to be slightly smaller for equivalent temp with the mini stem and CU. This felt like it was down to the tighter draw. The flip side of this was there seemed to be an extra hit to the session. Doing back to back hits and long draws saw the glass getting quite hot. Probably more so than the stock short stem with CU but not too hot to use.

Flavour... I hoped the Grav mouthpiece would excel in this area but I’m a bit sad to say that so far, for me it didn’t quite live up to my expectation. It’s not bad but doing a direct comparison with the short stem and CU, the short stem has more flavour at all temps. ( I know flavour is subjective so I look forward to hearing from others). I thought I might be packing my bowls too tight so I tried a much looser pack but it didn’t seem to improve flavour. It makes no sense to me how the stock stem with lots of metal in the air path can deliver better flavour than a pure glass path but for me that’s how it is.

Overall I’m pleased to have this mouthpiece and will use it in rotation. I like the feel and temp of the vapour but the slightly diminished flavour alongside a bit of draw restriction means it doesn’t for me improve on the stock set up which is for now the one that will continue to get the most use from me.
Only one hole and cone screen...will clog the screen too fast...
Humm.. not for me.:rant:
I want a straight outside stem with dimple's inside...:\:\...:doh: wait:brow::brow:
The @karec beads+long og stem:mental:
+Two domed screens. Done!:nod:
Never see beads like the @karec ones:hmm:

ominosity

Only one hole and cone screen...will clog the screen too fast...
Humm.. not for me.:rant:
I want a straight outside stem with dimple's inside...:\:\...:doh: wait:brow::brow:
The @karec beads+long og stem:mental:
+Two domed screens. Done!:nod:
Never see beads like the @karec ones:hmm:

I think that is the problem. I should also have said my material is bit dry which I think makes it worse. Perhaps with fresher bud it wouldn’t be such an issue. I’ll report back on this when I’m able.

ominosity,
Reactions: dzoinp

Brewervapesalot

I'm curious to read people's reviews on different stems because I taste noticeable differences depending....

Try vaping at different times of day, with or without screens, and in different places.

One thing I learned from beer competition judges was that not only do people's tastes vary a lot, both in preference and ability to detect or like or dislike certain compounds, and is heavily influenced by the environment around you as well as your mood.

For example, anything tastes great on a cold ass camping trip after a long hike. Ramen can be filet mignon...

On the other hand, have a heavy winter ale in the Bahamas on the beach isnt like on Christmas on a snowy day...

Same thing if you expect one flavor but get another, you can be quite put off.

I know for beers, the shape and size of a beer glass dramatically changes the flavor. Stems have gotta be the same to some degree.

They say in morning taste buds are most sensitive. So WAKE AND BAKE and let me know! Lol

Edit:

Try a waay smaller screen that isn't so tightly wove???

A standard 1/2 " pipe suffices. Big gaps in the weave give much better air flow too; your air restriction has to be from the screen? Because my grav stem does not have more restriction than than the stock screen with a cooling unit.

https://ibb.co/d7sydTS

Or just use a course grind and no screen. Its works fine. Some little pits sometimes get through but it's not bothersome to me.

Also u may like the other grav stem posted. It's not a center hole, but lots of small holes. That stem, however, does have more air restriction. Fits a cooling unit though.

Edit #2: I'm super medicated trying different stems. All of the glass stems taste great. I guess may favorite is still the grav tapered. The tapered mouthpiece is a great, comfortable, draw.

This should be said: For low temp draws, a cooling unit is just unnecessary, at least with the longer glass stems. And no cooling unit seems the let the vapor mingle a little better before drawing. I think that improves flavor or condensed it or alters it a bit. But it is all subjective preference....

Last edited:

ominosity

So I just took on board all your suggestions in one..

Wake and bake... check
Different screen... check
Try a nug... broke into a few rough pieces by hand... check

Much improved experience! The airflow was much more open. The clouds were bigger and came easier and most importantly the flavour was much improved. It would seem that the few issues I had were down to my overly dry herb crumbling and restricting the airflow which in turn impacts on the flavour. I cant wait to get some new herb this weekend to try it out.

I could see this becoming my favourite stem and will edit my review to reflect this. Thanks for the top tips @Shit Snacks and @Brewervapesalot.

Edit..
I can’t seem to edit the original review. Edit must be time limited.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I'm curious to read people's reviews on different stems because I taste noticeable differences depending....

Try vaping at different times of day, with or without screens, and in different places.

One thing I learned from beer competition judges was that not only do people's tastes vary a lot, both in preference and ability to detect or like or dislike certain compounds, and is heavily influenced by the environment around you as well as your mood.

For example, anything tastes great on a cold ass camping trip after a long hike. Ramen can be filet mignon...

On the other hand, have a heavy winter ale in the Bahamas on the beach isnt like on Christmas on a snowy day...

Same thing if you expect one flavor but get another, you can be quite put off.

I know for beers, the shape and size of a beer glass dramatically changes the flavor. Stems have gotta be the same to some degree.

They say in morning taste buds are most sensitive. So WAKE AND BAKE and let me know! Lol

Edit:

Try a waay smaller screen that isn't so tightly wove???

A standard 1/2 " pipe suffices. Big gaps in the weave give much better air flow too; your air restriction has to be from the screen? Because my grav stem does not have more restriction than than the stock screen with a cooling unit.

https://ibb.co/d7sydTS

Or just use a course grind and no screen. Its works fine. Some little pits sometimes get through but it's not bothersome to me.

Also u may like the other grav stem posted. It's not a center hole, but lots of small holes. That stem, however, does have more air restriction. Fits a cooling unit though.

Edit #2: I'm super medicated trying different stems. All of the glass stems taste great. I guess may favorite is still the grav tapered. The tapered mouthpiece is a great, comfortable, draw.

This should be said: For low temp draws, a cooling unit is just unnecessary, at least with the longer glass stems. And no cooling unit seems the let the vapor mingle a little better before drawing. I think that improves flavor or condensed it or alters it a bit. But it is all subjective preference....
I’ve read that smell also impacts taste to a degree but I won’t argue or devolve the thread.

Wake and bake sounds perfect to me on a non-work day.

I’ve greatly enjoyed reading everyone’s comments, suggestions and reviews of the Tinymight and anxious to try it myself - @VapeKnight is practically begging me to try and how can I refuse? :lol: Perhaps this weekend. It’s likely the next vape I buy however I’m a few months out on a purchase decision. Perhaps around 4/20 :D

TGIF to all. :peace:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Just got mine today. First go. Wow. This is some next level shit.

I understand i normally have the usual honeymon period with a new vape. However bearing that in mind this still seems more amazing than usual.

Since i brought my dabpress a few months ago i have been a rosin addict. However hits from the tiny might are so big it almost feels lile a dab. Only thing that comes close is a spliterZ. However a tiny might is half the size.

I might be rambling.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
with so many owners raving about the TM it seems like it would be hard to live up to the hype. I almost expected to see some of the newer reviews stating their disappointment simply from inflated expectations. But to its credit, the TM actually delivers what is promised. This thing rocks :rockon:. If you're still on the fence, just order it...

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
with so many owners raving about the TM it seems like it would be hard to live up to the hype. I almost expected to see some of the newer reviews stating their disappointment simply from inflated expectations. But to its credit, the TM actually delivers what is promised. This thing rocks :rockon:. If you're still on the fence, just order it...
If I see you this weekend you may push me - over the fence ;):peace:. This thread is overwhelmingly positive about the device and it has two modes so I can’t imagine not liking it or not meeting my needs - mostly on demand but good to have a session mode too.

dudeguy

Indeed, glad I ordered one too earlier this week :D

MonkeyTime

Ok, much to my happy surprise today, I find my shipment of Grav tubes arrived today in lieu of Monday :rofl:

First impressions are much like yours

Flavour... I hoped the Grav mouthpiece would excel in this area but I’m a bit sad to say that so far, for me it didn’t quite live up to my expectation. It’s not bad but doing a direct comparison with the short stem and CU, the short stem has more flavour at all temps. ( I know flavour is subjective so I look forward to hearing from others).

Take all this with a grain of salt (as you always should) for this is based on three bowls all from the version with the cooling ribs and mouthpiece. But.....I was also hoping for a bit more. Flavor seems dull, but it does seem to cool pretty well. For the moment I have it set up with a 100 micron fine SS screen. I'll try a normal weave later for fun.

I am disappointied to find that the mouthpiece isn't round, they're both sorta oblong/oval. It doesn't feel right if it's not horizontal to me and that means my round stem now has a direction for placement. :doh:

I think I'm going to disassemble my unit tonight and temporarily fix my temp dial. It's gotten very loose and I'm not sure it's holding enough to still be accurate. I'll take pics and measure the screw.

@marduk , I agree, the coil doesn't glow. But you also asked about how brightly, which makes me think you might have had a different reason for your question? The coil doesn't glow, but the unit does have an led that flashes when on, is solid on when heating in on-demand mode or session mode. It emits from it's dedicated opening in the base, as well as around openings between wood and cap and thru the glass mouthpiece. And I consider it to be fairly bright. I don't mention this as flaws, but only if you were concerned about if the unit gave off much light.

Here's a little unit I find very useful. I know some might scoff at silicone in the path, but it's handy and supports the unit fine in my Orbiter or SneakyPete globe. I don't need the cooling unit, but often don't pull it out, out of convenience.

20200124-165538.jpg

I did notice something new tonight using that Grav stem, how long you keep getting vapor after you let off the power! First hit of a fresh bowl and happened to be in the bathroom with a mirror. So, I thought I'd watch it. You get that convection delay in vapor, but then it starts flowing(mesmerizing like watching a fire!) so I let off after a moment, and it just kept producing vapor! I think it was a solid 2-3 seconds that it produced full vapor as it did a second before with power applied. It tapered off over about 5 seconds.

I think that may be why we're all getting such big first hits :razz: More investigation into this must be done.

It brings to mind the question, how does the heater retain heat when heating up fairly fast? It's usually just a mass equation at it's base. Mass takes time to heat, then retains it. If this thing is really pounding out the watts to heat some mass this fast, what is it doing to these batteries? Thoughts of measuring the actual draw during heat up and a hit are forming.....

Needless to say, this thing really does rock :rockon: Its a lot of fun and delivers. It's becoming so easy to use a lot which is what keeps vapes being used around these parts.

Ok, one more thing before I reload and fade off..... The glass stems being 16mm is fairly standard IMO, at least for glass that has 18mm joints. The joint sizes that were thrown out there, 18/19mm, 14mm and such are just that, the joint sizes. All the RBT pieces that are being used are called 18mm because of the male joint, they all have 16mm glass.

If any of that is factually incorrect, I'm blaming testing the new stems, which is working because I can longer type.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
The coil doesn't glow, but the unit does have an led that flashes when on, is solid on when heating in on-demand mode or session mode. It emits from it's dedicated opening in the base, as well as around openings between wood and cap and thru the glass mouthpiece. And I consider it to be fairly bright. I don't mention this as flaws, but only if you were concerned about if the unit gave off much light.

I would like to add that one can use an optional stealth mode, I'm quoting @khelek41girl again from another forum:

khelek41girl said:
With the device OFF, turn the temp dial to 10 > Activate session mode (press the button 3 times holding the third time until the light turns solid) > turn the temp dial to as low as it goes > press the button 3 times to turn the device off. Now, the next time you turn it on, there will be no light and you will get a different set of haptic vibrations when pressing the button. Stealth Mode ACTIVATED!

---

You get that convection delay in vapor, but then it starts flowing(mesmerizing like watching a fire!) so I let off after a moment, and it just kept producing vapor! I think it was a solid 2-3 seconds that it produced full vapor as it did a second before with power applied. It tapered off over about 5 seconds.

Very true! I usually will let go off the button three or four seconds prior to the end of the hit – and I do notice that since I do that the battery will give me some more sessions too. :-)

If this thing is really pounding out the watts to heat some mass this fast, what is it doing to these batteries?

Yeah, actually quite a bit – the specs say that the TM will push up to 70 watts of power, hence I prefer to stick with the stock VTC6 batteries and will not even try to use ones with lower current discharge amps. Here's a table with some recommendations for current discharge vs. watts for e cigarette users:

entladestrom.jpg

So for one battery at ~70 watts a battery should be able to take ~25A of current discharge – and since in session mode that would actually be *constant* current discharge (as opposed to pulse discharge like with an e cig or in on-demand mode), I think it's a good idea to follow the makers recommendations.

Top Bottom