TinyMight / TM 2

androponic

vaped.
I saw the version with the silicone sleeve, but thought paying more for the sleeve I didn't need for glass without the cooling ribs made no sense. Those ribs will be perfect for my colon by pleasure :razz:

But I didn't see these, I would have ordered 2 to compare... . Maybe I can add them? Good find

I personally got 4 coming with the cooling ribs and nice tip to the mouthpice. those looked nicer to me and i will just add a screen since i bought a bag of the domed ones like the TM came with but on ebay cheep.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don’t understand the temperature dial though. How does one fully customize their temperature?

You set it to a number or mark or anywhere in between on the dial... If you mean what numbers correspond to what temps, you'll have to figure out based on your own relative experience. Hence analog vs digital temp control, could even just think of it as a general power setting. I find these to be very effective actually, maybe moreso than precise temperature settings...

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
the TM website lists the temp range from 250-460f. If 1 is 250f and there are 9 more levels than each would equal approx 23 degrees higher. an assumption that it's linear , but... that would let you guess each numbers approx temp. I've been staying between 6-7 and I usually set my digital vapes 365-390 so this seem about right to me.

1. 25o
2. 273
3. 296
4. 319
5. 343
6. 366
7. 390
8. 413
9. 436
10. 460

SquirrelMaster

@Shit Snacks
At first I didn't like the idea of an "analog" temperature dial but the more I've thought about it the more it makes sense. If someone has a different draw speed then how the unit was originally designed it would affect the temperature (cooler) and vive versa if you're drawing too slow (hotter).

Those Grav Labs Upline Taster 3" units are impossible to find in Canada and they don't ship to Canada. One eBay seller has them which is my back up as they're not charging $50 for shipping like some others I've found. My only concern is that they may not work with satisfied in glass sizing but maybe that's not a concern with product from a good brand?

I'd like a few for my eventual TM arrival. Swapping on the go would be easy and then you'd just need a cap (or 2 for smell) and you're good to go.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Just ordered the Grav thingy from that eBay seller (the uk-store who sells them would charge more for the glass alone than the us-seller even after shipping). Looking forward. :-)

I can concur that the Coilmaster KBag Mini posted earlier is a good choice – I don't use it for my TM (the hemp bag satisfies my storing and transportation needs), but for my e cig stuff (coiling jig, wires, screwdrivers etc.), and it's cool.

So is 16 mm the stem size to look for with the Tinymight?

Yes, the OD is 16mm (& the ID is 12mm).

im not a robot

Just ordered the Grav thingy from that eBay seller (the uk-store who sells them would charge more for the glass alone than the us-seller even after shipping)
as did i. this piece looks too laboratorychic to pass on @Brewervapesalot , nice find. was the 16mm info on the grav page? is 16mm a standard size?
i am really looking forward to more 3rd party stem support, i have already started spending my money on it and i dont even have a vape to use it with yet. i never had a vape with a stem, but i can already see myself collecting them. hopefully some of the european retailers will soon look into capsules & stems for the tm as well, the current import situation is not ideal.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Did anyone give you reason why importing to Canada is being problematic? I now a small package to Canada from US is not bad if you check the weight. A glass stem should be a couple of ounces. They should ship for $10-$15.

TommyDee,

LongDraw

Wish that grav stem was more the size of the short tube. I would like a mouthpiece similar, my only gripe with the current stems is the size of the opening.

Checked, and the grav stem is only like .1 inches shorter then the TM long stem. Haven't even tried the long stem, but i don't care for how much it sticks out of the device. Just a persoanl preference thing.

RelaxedNow

I had a couple beers with a friend at a local tavern this afternoon. Before we headed home, we tried my Tinymight, taking 3 or 4 hits each at setting 6, on a freshly-loaded stem. An hour later, he texted me that he’s already ordered one.

I think the surprise of first-hit vapor alone sold him, and the continued good flavor and cool vapor on subsequent hits sealed the deal.

SquirrelMaster

Did anyone give you reason why importing to Canada is being problematic? I now a small package to Canada from US is not bad if you check the weight. A glass stem should be a couple of ounces. They should ship for $10-$15.

Grav Labs doesn't ship to Canada as a company policy and a few retailers I checked that shipped out of the USA had really high shipping costs. I emailed Grav who responded VERY fast with 3 retailers (2 in Canada) but none of them carry that stem. There are lots of stores that carry their stuff but Grav Labs doesn't have a master list of retailers.

The ebay seller is by far the best buy for Canadians but you need to buy at least 2 to make it worth it (IMO). These are in CDN and include all costs (to my location) .
1 - $32.46ea
2 - $52.68 ($26.34ea)
3 - $71.99 ($24.00ea)
4 - $90.10 ($22.53ea)

I'll probably grab 3 but I wish I could choose the colors to make it easier to identify them if I have them all loaded up. Minor issue. I do have a couple local stores that took my name and number and are going to call me back if they can get them.

Brewervapesalot

Wish that grav stem was more the size of the short tube. I would like a mouthpiece similar, my only gripe with the current stems is the size of the opening.

Checked, and the grav stem is only like .1 inches shorter then the TM long stem. Haven't even tried the long stem, but i don't care for how much it sticks out of the device. Just a persoanl preference thing.

That's ironic LongDraw :lol::D;)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
just an fyi, these are cheaper. same glass but without the silicone sleeve
https://grav.com/products/16mm-grav-octotaster-clear

Thanks to @Brewervapesalot for finding these!

I ordered two, use SAVE10 for 10% off, saved me a dollar lol with shipping it was $14 for two.

Thought about the UP one for the mouthpiece, but figured not worth the extra $8 since it doesn't have octa screen and is so tall... Seems like some neat cooling going on there though

Now if we could find a stem just like these that I ordered, only bent with a narrower mouthpiece tip, that would be my ideal!

Brewervapesalot

Got the other mouthpieces. A little shorter. Better screen, slight more draw restriction. No cooling rings and not a tapered tip.

https://ibb.co/ccFDTL4

https://ibb.co/fpg5tXH

Both work great.

The tapered tip, however, causes the tip of your tongue to get the first blast of vapor when you inhale.

This is significant I think.

Lots of taste buds there. To be precise, that's exactly where we sense "sweet" flavors. I think that causes the tapered tip stem to accentuate the perceived flavor of your herb (how many ounces of molasses and such do people put in flowering cannabis!). I'm no doc, or chemist, but just making an observation and working theory of why flavor is better with a tapered tip.

Whereas the wide open mouthpiece make it more natural for that first blast of vapor to land on the middle of your tongue. Taste buds there are not gunna registered well or accentuate the flavor of the herb...

Edit:

The silicone mouthpiece cover ain't bad. You can put it over the short stem the unit comes with. Very nice protection from drops. I feel comfortable with the unit in my pocket, short loaded, with the silicone (protective) cover over it....

https://ibb.co/8mtZmvQ

https://ibb.co/cNG0hwx

It's very nice to draw through too. Gives that tapered tip effect on the tongue too.

Testing flavor differences right now. Someone has to do this very important, down right imperative, job!

Edit #2:

Buy the tapered tip stem. Use a screen if you want or don't. It's fine with a course pack.

Set on levels 3, 4, and 5 and just f*ing enjoy it. Great. Sweet. Love it. It's delicious for a lotta hits and wonderful clouds.

Last edited:

karec

Got my TM yesterday, i been testing it a lot but im not ready yet to give a proper "review"... still in the honeymoon phase, but one thing i can say, all the build up made my expectations high and i was slightly disappointed with the TM especially the flavour for me its not a A+ its max a B+ ... but is growing in to me this device, 1st hit insane and the buzz i fell after using a small load (1/2 used in crafty .1g) is worth mentioning, great micro dose IMO. Dont like the look of the AVB is not even and every time i see some black avb i feel :disgust: . Didnt tried yet session mode or big loads, but i think i rather use 2 or 3 times in a row and micro dose than vaping a big bowl ( >.2g). Another thing i dont particularly like is the big diameter of the stem i would rather use a small diameter one, especially the MP...

I have been looking both here and VLF, looks like peeps are looking for alternative stems, to use in water pieces, @LabPong already nailed that one using RBT short stem but it seems that small diameter diferences make this work work or not (if i understood correctly). i started to play with the stem and im posting some results.

yn6rih8854hmylww.jpeg

1st i notice that the G43 basket screen work perfectly on this stem, but its keeps getting stuck inside and then i need to unscrew and remove the parts to remove the screen... so although i like it a lot is not working as i wanted....

siq28h8iwjpqtgyc.jpeg

Then i started to play with my balls :brow::rofl::brow: and used some S&B concentrates pads and build a cooling unit with the long stem, here is side by side with the standard stem with cooling unit and a basket on the bottom of both stems to help prevent build up and helps the cleaning.

0ejnls9705exl3yf.png

I think we will see a lot of alternatives for the standard stem in the near future

Cheers
:cool:

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I'm curious how the glass balls are working compared to the cooling unit. I have some kicking around somewhere that I could use if it works well.

VapeKnight,
Reactions: karec

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
[...] but one thing i can say, all the build up made my expectations high and i was slightly disappointed with the TM especially the flavour for me its not a A+ its max a B+ ... but is growing in to me this device, 1st hit insane and the buzz i fell after using a small load (1/2 used in crafty .1g) is worth mentioning, great micro dose IMO. Dont like the look of the AVB is not even and every time i see some black avb i feel :disgust: .

Well, flavor is a matter of personal taste (after all), but the way you describe it, it seems like you have used higher settings. Try 6 or even lower and a fluffier pack, that should give you some nicer flavor and less scorching. I never saw black abv after a TM session myself...

@Stems etc. – Yeah, I'm sure custom alternatives will appear soon, but I actually love the stock stems (regular and XL) with the cooling unit. I ordered the Grav one only because of the awesome looks and even doubt that it will give the same nice cool vapor. That cu is one of the major things about the TM. Will report, of course (will take a week or two, though).

LabPong

Jesus! I can’t believe I found this vape so late. This thing looks like an unreal convection vape which consistent results over all the other ones I seen. Mind you I’m still skepticism about convection on demand. I was on the pre order of the Haze Square. Not sure if I wanna fork over $250 and have a vape not live up to my standards. But this thing looks neat and seems to produce the clouds with ease of use unlike any other convection vape I’ve seen. I don’t understand the temperature dial though. How does one fully customize their temperature?

Why would you at all be skeptical about on demand convection? Which ones have you tried so far?

And how come you have a problem with the temp dial.....because it does not have F or C temps on it?
If that is so.....you need to be able to tell what temps you like or what works for you....just by using any vape and letting your mouth, throat, and lungs tell you where the heat should be set at. Because not all temps listed on the vape readouts are the same from vape to vape....but fairly close usually.

So just do what the manufacture states....start at 6 and go up or down as needed. I feel 6 is close to the 370-380F range. Which is where I vape on arizers ....376-380. I use the TM at 5.5 or 6 for flower...and 9 for concentrates.

I'm curious how the glass balls are working compared to the cooling unit. I have some kicking around somewhere that I could use if it works well.

I would go with a 5-6mm ball.....maybe 4 at the smallest. I'm looking for some 5mm ones to test with. the 3mm ones look too small and maybe restrict too much.

ginolicious

Why would you at all be skeptical about on demand convection? Which ones have you tried so far?

And how come you have a problem with the temp dial.....because it does not have F or C temps on it?
If that is so.....you need to be able to tell what temps you like or what works for you....just by using any vape and letting your mouth, throat, and lungs tell you where the heat should be set at. Because not all temps listed on the vape readouts are the same from vape to vape....but fairly close usually.

So just do what the manufacture states....start at 6 and go up or down as needed. I feel 6 is close to the 370-380F range. Which is where I vape on arizers ....376-380. I use the TM at 5.5 or 6 for flower...and 9 for concentrates.

I would go with a 5-6mm ball.....maybe 4 at the smallest. I'm looking for some 5mm ones to test with. the 3mm ones look too small and maybe restrict too much.

I’ve used the Square and that was a disaster. Thought I wrote that. Maybe not cause I’m feeling like shit. Tried the ghost and could never get consistent results.

regarding the question about the dial. I like to use for medical reasons. Certain terpenes vape at certain temps. So knowing exactly what temp I’m at helps me control the affects I’m looking for by releasing certain terpenes.

karec

Works great, the airflow is slightly restricted compared to the OG CU but for me its better due to the size of the MP

Try 6 or even lower and a fluffier pack, that should give you some nicer flavor and less scorching.
Thats the temp im using, its visible a darker ring of avb after some hits, after talking with the maker he advised on start lower 3 for flavour and going higher for clouds so i just need to get a balanced setting between Flavours/clouds (by this order) and then maybe my B+ could be higher, but you are absolutely right its a personal opinion.

would go with a 5-6mm ball.....maybe 4 at the smallest. I'm looking for some 5mm ones to test with. the 3mm ones look too small and maybe restrict too much.
I have multiple diameter diameter balls :rofl: and with the G43 balls the restrictions is noticeable but for me is still great, and since there is no CU smaller balls are making a more cooling effect imo that bigger ones

Cheers
:cool:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Thats the temp im using, its visible a darker ring of avb after some hits

Yeah, a *darker* ring is quite typical, although I have observed that it's less likely the more lose I pack – so I assumed that a *black* ring would be caused by a tight pack maybe. I'm wildly guessing here of course. I'm sure you'll find your way soon.

That occasional ring puzzled me a bit at first too, I don't really mind it anymore. When I have finished my session, the abv will come out 95% even (and I don't stir, only twist the stem once per session).

Easywider

Simple is the way
Thats the temp im using, its visible a darker ring of avb after some hits, after talking with the maker he advised on start lower 3 for flavour and going higher for clouds so i just need to get a balanced setting between Flavours/clouds (by this order) and then maybe my B+ could be higher, but you are absolutely right its a personal opinion.

I too was in the B+ category on flavour when I first started using the tiny. I found It went to popcorn taste really fast and got the black ring on my very first draw. ( I had started at 7.5 :lol: ) I normally don't temp stem convection vapes as they seem to gradually built up more heat with each draw. Once I started temp stepping the TM, I found the flavour really shined. I usually start at 4 and end at 8. No more popcorn or black ring, very even tasty extraction.

Top Bottom