TinyMight / TM 2

TeaCup

@TeaCup@Nashed_Potatoes I'm not sure what the consensus about recalibrating the TM is nowadays, but I would contact the TM team before trying this. I do agree that the behavior described here is odd, though; 8 seconds heat up with the dial at 3 sounds way off, so does combustion at 7.

There shouldn't be anything in terms of consensus, that email's from TM, it says "and can be repeated
as many times as wished."

Again, 13 seconds to heat does seem odd, but I really don't see how atleast trying a re-calibration is going to hurt it. If this unit is indeed new from TM, I'd bet the world that TM wouldn't say "no, we won't take care of you because you tried re-calibrating it without our consent."

And I don't know if I could actually combust at 7, but I do know that many a times I've got it so scorched on level 7 that if I didn't pull my mouth away from the stem who knows what would have happened. But I don't know, maybe there's a long long way to combustion from just merely scorched.......it's not something I go searching for after it happens. :D

Edit: Take everything I wrote with a grain of salt, now that I think about it, 13 seconds to heat is a shit load of time. But I do stand behind that I don't think TM would ever not take care of you because you tried re-calibrating........I mean it's not like you have to tell them that anyways. "I have a new TM and it takes 13 seconds to heat, please advise" sounds like a perfectly fine way to lead off an email to me.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
But I do stand behind that I don't think TM would ever not take care of you because you tried re-calibrating

I agree, they will still take care of it. Me referring to a „consensus“ was referring to the question whether it makes sense to try a recalibration *before* contacting the team because while it may be helpful in some cases, it might cause more damage in others – I remember when posting these instructions was considered taboo here because of that reason.

Anyway my 4 line is gone.
Oops. :-)

TeaCup

I agree, they will still take care of it. Me referring to a „consensus“ was referring to the question whether it makes sense to try a recalibration *before* contacting the team because while it may be helpful in some cases, it might cause more damage in others – I remember when posting these instructions was considered taboo here because of that reason.

Yeah, I see your point. I may have spoke to soon, maybe some of the "fixes" would have been a better place to start.

So this part is just me talking.......but if was me, I'd probably try all the fixes first. If those didn't work, then I'd try re-calibrating. Then TM email last. I honestly don't think you have anything to lose if you do them in that order.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Thx, @Shit Snacks, it's good to be back – and thank you for the info too. I already found it being offered at Vapefiend, should anyone know other European retailers of that item, I'd be glad to know.

I got mine from here.
I found o rings from crafty/mighty worked well.....

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
but if was me
That's the thing: it is not you (and not your device). :-) We should be careful with these kind of instructions – the taboo I just wrote about wasn't born on FC, it was the maker who asked anyone who got these instructions to not share them because they could potentially damage a device even more. At some point the instructions were leaked and here we are – all we can do now is warn TM users about recallibrating a device in order to fix a symptom no one knows its culprit yet.

Siebter,
Reactions: TeaCup

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
That's the thing: it is not you (and not your device). :-) We should be careful with these kind of instructions – the taboo I just wrote about wasn't born on FC, it was the maker who asked anyone who got these instructions to not share them because they could potentially damage a device even more. At some point the instructions were leaked and here we are – all we can do now is warn TM users about recallibrating a device in order to fix a symptom no one knows its culprit yet.
@Siebter ...you're a little out of date :brow: ...it's been a long time since you showed up here:zzz:
People are fed up with calibrating their TM's without any problem, the last units have come with Turbo and generally people have to recalibrate, to tame the animal :D

Yes, these are things we talked about a long time ago and I know your opinion well. :cheers:

Congratulations to @TeaCup who finally quoted clear instructions provided by the manufacturer:spliff:

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Siebter ...you're a little out of date [...] People are fed up with calibrating their TM's without any problem, the last units have come with Turbo and generally people have to recalibrate, to tame the animal :D
Ah okay, then I hereby stand corrected. Thx for clarifying.

my friend just send me this link

Oh my.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
First, please open the battery lid and close it to reset the device.

Turn temp dial to lowest value

Do triple click, like you would when turning it on. If you did it
successfully, the back end LED light should show very shortly green
light, like 0.1 seconds and the vibration motor makes quick burst of
vibrations.

Wait a few seconds and repeat. You should count that you get total of
5 of these short vibration / green light flash reactions. Not less and
not more, exactly 5.

Then turn the dial to higher level, like 5 and do the turn on with a
triple click. Your vape should start vibrating continuously and back
end LED activated. Don't press anything but turn the dial. The color
should change. When turned to low level, the light should become blue.
This means -3 steps for temp calibration. Vape should still vibrate.
next is purple, level -2. then turqouise level -1. Green 0, this is
usually the default level the vape ships with unless we had to improve
calibration ourselves. orange +1. red +2 and finally white +3.
Choose the level you wish by adjusting dial, for maximum temperature
choose the white.

Now you should press and hold the button without releasing it until
all vibrations have stopped. Only then the setting will be saved to
flash memory of the Tinymight. Maybe 5 seconds it is. Anyway, finally
red color is on at the back.and no vibrations. Now turn off the vape

Next time you turn it on, the new setting is in use and your temp dial
should be working differently. This feature was not intended for the
end user when designing the vape so it is not very user friendly and
for example there is no way to check which level you have chosen in
this calibration adjustment process. But it works and can be repeated
as many times as wished.

If you happen to not be successful, to get the unit vibrate
continuously, you should remove the battery lid and close again to
reset it and start again. It is important you get exactly 5 times this
lock signal green flash of light and short vibrations, and only then
turn up the dial and start normally and it should be in the setting
menu then.

Congratulations to @TeaCup who finally quoted clear instructions provided by the manufacturer:spliff:
I agree. We have seen many descriptions of the procedure but this one is the clearest and most complete. I have saved it to a file on my desktop.

I think generally this is the last repair one likely needs, but if it is an overheating problem rather than a low heat one I think the temp adjust may turn out to be the best solution. It really shouldn't be necessary on a completely new unit, but it may well be and should be tried before requesting a return.

Last edited:

TeaCup

Guys, had I known these instructions were needed I woulda added them to the thread earlier. When I re-calibrated mine I actually used directions somewhere in the thread I thought, so I never posted it.

It really shouldn't be necessary on a completely new unit, but it may well be and should be tried before requesting a return.

Cybr - Not trying to misquote you, I apologize if I am..........not sure if you mean this to be about re-calibrating or not, but even if it's not, I'm gonna share another email of what I think should be stickied (sp???) to the top of all TM pages.......

Actually first, here's just a perfect snippet quote from the email of what should be stickied in my opinion:

"Some people probably just worry if there is something wrong with their unit, when they need to vape at 7 and friend gets already at 5 same results with his Tinymight. But it is just about the calibration, most probably both units have exactly same power delivery."

Said email:

"The temperature control is indeed designed to be accurate and highly controlled in the vape, but the calibration process we use makes it difficult to get the absolute temperature range at a given setting identical in each unit. So instead of trying to make them identical, we intend to calibrate them so that the range given with the dial, will be enough to cover most people's needs. There is a possibility that some unit is clearly hotter at a given setting than another, if there has been maximum variation in the calibration process and sometimes there can even happen a mistake. But the position of the dial in comparison to the temperature, is not an indication of a more powerful or less powerful unit. It is simply how it happened to be calibrated."

"For this reason, in case we have failed to calibrate it well enough, and the customer for example cannot reach high enough temperature at max setting, or cannot reach low enough temps at the lowest setting,there is a hidden setting in the software of the vape to adjust this dial +-3 steps to either direction. But this is something that we recommend to be reserved only to cases when the levels needed cannot be reached with the dial. Some people probably just worry if there is something wrong with their unit, when they need to vape at 7 and friend gets already at 5 same results with his Tinymight. But it is just about the calibration, most probably both units have exactly same power delivery."

"The exception is when after longer time using the vape, the user feels that the heat levels start to be lower than before at a similar setting. It might be then a situation of problem with the electrical contacts inside the vape. This is 90% of time fixed easily by opening the big back end screw with a Torx T20 screwdriver, just a bit, like 1-2 mm to get the end panels move little bit and wiggle them around as much as they move for some time and then retighten the screw tightly and well. This will return the original power levels without any need to touch the calibration setting."

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Cybr - Not trying to misquote you, I apologize if I am..........not sure if you mean this to be about re-calibrating or not, but even if it's not, I'm gonna share another email of what I think should be stickied (sp???) to the top of all TM pages.......
No worries you are exactly right. It is good for everyone to know that slightly misconfigured heat ranges are not an indicator that something is wrong but instead a variable in their setup of the device. They warn in that missive that their config could be off and may need adjustment, but not to start there if the problem is not enough heat. The unscrewing and tightening should be tried first, a method that many of us are already using.

Nashed_Potatoes

Thank you @TeaCup this actually solved my problem. I turned it to have the cyan colored light during the calibration and it has been pretty smooth since. My battery cap doesn’t screw down all the way but I have been able to vape with this thing all yesterday thank you!!! It’s an amazing device. Ditanium mouthpiece and rubies are already on the way!

gangababa

"The exception is when after longer time using the vape, the user feels that the heat levels start to be lower than before at a similar setting. It might be then a situation of problem with the electrical contacts inside the vape. This is 90% of time fixed easily by opening the big back end screw with a Torx T20 screwdriver, just a bit, like 1-2 mm to get the end panels move little bit and wiggle them around as much as they move for some time and then retighten the screw tightly and well. This will return the original power levels without any need to touch the calibration setting."
These instructions (based on pictures I have seen) suggests that the circuit board electrical ground(s) may (so to speak) become resistant.
The motion of the repair cleans and seats the board contact-pins to the back end, i.e. metal battery ground.

Well, this thread has been interesting to follow.
I have been reading the thread (not all) because the Tinymight name has so often appeared to considerable applause, in my FC perusing.
I was looking at the manufacturer's website FAQ page and was delighted to see the DIY support offered there, including the offer to email recalibration instructions.
Now this knowledge appears here.

Unfortunately, for those of us in Uruguay, the Tinymight might as well be made of unobtainium.

TeaCup

The unscrewing and tightening should be tried first, a method that many of us are already using.

Well then hurry and sticky it above mine damnit!!!! lol :rockon:

Edit: Oh damn man, I did misquote you, didn't I?? :doh: Shit, my bad.....:ugh:
If your sore, this works wonders, fire away, lol :

Last edited:
TeaCup,
Reactions: cybrguy

Tweakz

Folks, I can confirm that repeated temperature calibration works great. The first time I entered it was about 7 months ago and since then I have been recalibrating at least 6 times. TM still works like a fucking machine.
However, at first, I did not understand its principles and increased the temperature several times by an order of magnitude. There was no limit to my indignation, because I lost calibration and there was always combust above 3, plus less than 2 could no longer be gone, since TM defined it as the minimum possible mode. But recently, I still figured it out, and rolled back the temp, and now I work on comfortable settings, and enjoy these so strong taste hits, that TM has been giving daily for almost 20+ months.
So far, no portable device has stuck as close to me in my heart as TM (my hopper io lived no more than 2 months, and I never tried tetra p80 and fw7 yet). Cheers

Hippy89

Guys, had I known these instructions were needed I woulda added them to the thread earlier. When I re-calibrated mine I actually used directions somewhere in the thread I thought, so I never posted it.

Actually first, here's just a perfect snippet quote from the email of what should be stickied in my opinion:

"Some people probably just worry if there is something wrong with their unit, when they need to vape at 7 and friend gets already at 5 same results with his Tinymight. But it is just about the calibration, most probably both units have exactly same power delivery."

Said email:

"The temperature control is indeed designed to be accurate and highly controlled in the vape, but the calibration process we use makes it difficult to get the absolute temperature range at a given setting identical in each unit. So instead of trying to make them identical, we intend to calibrate them so that the range given with the dial, will be enough to cover most people's needs. There is a possibility that some unit is clearly hotter at a given setting than another, if there has been maximum variation in the calibration process and sometimes there can even happen a mistake. But the position of the dial in comparison to the temperature, is not an indication of a more powerful or less powerful unit. It is simply how it happened to be calibrated."

"For this reason, in case we have failed to calibrate it well enough, and the customer for example cannot reach high enough temperature at max setting, or cannot reach low enough temps at the lowest setting,there is a hidden setting in the software of the vape to adjust this dial +-3 steps to either direction. But this is something that we recommend to be reserved only to cases when the levels needed cannot be reached with the dial. Some people probably just worry if there is something wrong with their unit, when they need to vape at 7 and friend gets already at 5 same results with his Tinymight. But it is just about the calibration, most probably both units have exactly same power delivery."

@TeaCup I have been follow this thread because I am having this bloody problem that get me desperate. I dissemble the vape and it works for a while, but I remain having this problem.
I did both process, I recalibrate my TN which was in turquoise color as default, I turned to green to leave as "0" and then I unscrew the main screw and wiggle the lids, all back to normal apparently

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Last edited:

Hemper

A couple questions as I come closer to pulling the trigger..

Besides maybe an extra stem and o-rings, are any accessories recommended to accompany a new purchase?

Can anyone who has purchased a TM recently in the US advise how long it takes from order to delivery?

Thanks FC

Hemper,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Hemper – As far as I know there are no serious waiting times involved when ordering the TM these days. The package will be send via DHL Express, which will most likely only take a few days.

For the TM, I would consider the o ring set and some extra stems to be the only must haves, I also recommend planning for some extra cells and a charger.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
grab one of the wpa so you can mate the tinymight with a bong or j hook

CmWCokx.jpg

Zipford

A couple questions as I come closer to pulling the trigger..

Besides maybe an extra stem and o-rings, are any accessories recommended to accompany a new purchase?

Can anyone who has purchased a TM recently in the US advise how long it takes from order to delivery?

Thanks FC
Placed my order on 10/15
Received shipping notice from TM 10/18
Tinymight received 10/21 on the East Coast

I got the o-ring set, which seems like the only possible "must-have," if only because the o-rings could be easily lost if you're taking them off and on. I also bought spare batteries and a charger, however, which came in handy because my battery ran down without me noticing, and it was nice to be able to just swap the battery and not need to wait for charging. It seems to me that the battery dies without warning, but that may be me not paying enough attention to the haptic buzzes when the device turns on -- I'm trying to make sure it turned on, and may be missing when it buzzes twice (it buzzes between 1-4 times depending on battery level).

I also bought a few Grav upline tasters, but need to work out a screen solution for those. The first I tried (.625 inch) sprung out of position mid-draw, leaving me with a mouthful of flower. I believe someone deep in this thread discussed needing to have a deeper basket shape to hold a screen in the stem. Presumably I'll be able to work this out with a bigger screen, but the TM stock stem set-up works fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom