TinyMight / TM 2

The orange (or red?) one? Yep that's still there.

Forgot to mention, This happens regardless of stem. I have short and long TM stems with CU, Eds TnT stem and Grav Octotaster. The issue is the same on all of them.

Edit: More info - i just removed the top stem ring and flipped over the oring. This actually improved vapor production considerably.

Last edited:

MedicinalMonkeyWrench

Apologies as this has probably asked before. I just can't find it in the thread...

My TM started out amazing. Huge rips like everyone else. But, I have been having issues with it for the last 3-4 weeks.

Issue -
I'm finding that I go to take a rip (at 3-4 temp) and all i'm doing is vaping hot air. Going to a higher temp just gives me hotter air and maybe some whispy vapor occasionally. It doesn't seem to vaporise the bud. This isn't consistent and some of the below attempts to fix have helped for a short time but then it goes back to the same issue.

Attempts to fix -
1. I pulled up the battery tab so that its at more of an angle. Originally I was just putting the battery in willy nilly but I think this pushed it down a bit. I'm more careful inserting the battery and haven't had to readjust this for ages.

2. Another solution I saw was to tighten the main screw. When I first looked at this, the screw was actually very tight and took some force to loosen, I assume it should be tightened in the same manner. I ended up completely removing the screw and 2 end caps. All the connections on circuit board looked good so I put it back together and tightened the screw as much as possible (while tightening, I put pressure on both end pieces so that the main body is as tight as possible). Sometime this fixes the problem for a time, sometimes this makes little to no difference.

I have not attempted to re-calibrate the temp but am wondering if that is the problem? Anyone with a bit more experience with this vape able to offer any guidance? Again, apologies as I know this has likely been covered.

Cheers,

DM
You could try cleaning the threads on the battery cover, and both ends of the main torx screw where it contacts the top and bottom plate. I use an iso soaked Qtip to do this.

Kaptan

The orange (or red?) one? Yep that's still there.

Forgot to mention, This happens regardless of stem. I have short and long TM stems with CU, Eds TnT stem and Grav Octotaster. The issue is the same on all of them.

Edit: More info - i just removed the top stem ring and flipped over the oring. This actually improved vapor production considerably.
Have you checked the metal strip that is supposed to make contact with the top metal plate? That is usually the problem if it’s not making a good contact. I would check that strip and bend it so that it hits the top metal plate or use a shin of aluminum foil.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
i just removed the top stem ring and flipped over the oring.
:hmm: I don't understand... (EDIT: because only if it was damaged would it make sense to have improved anything! I assume you tighten the ring so that the oring is under pressure)

If you just messed with the oring and it got better, you probably have an air leak somewhere.
do you have this oring in place? it may be a different color

IMG_20200511_001056.jpg

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I’ve tried other cables and plugs with no luck. Guess I’ll take it apart. Thanks!
My internal charger doesn’t work and I’ll need to send it in. Nothing obvious when I took it apart

JCat,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
If you just messed with the oring and it got better, you probably have an air leak somewhere.

IMG_20200511_001056.jpg
This is the money shot and posted many times (thanks, @dzoinp!). All orings are critical and I would say this one more than the stem oring or the ones on the cooling unit if you’re using it. The one pictured sits atop the glass cylinder and is different than the stem oring. Hopefully this makes sense. Good luck with adjustments and let us know how it goes. TGIF to all. For the life of me I still don’t know why I had two of the thin clear orings in there when I took apart my TM last week - wonders never cease. :peace:

Vaporific

Oh. So one sits on top of the metal cylinder and then there is another between the glass cylinder and top? I might be missing the glass one
YES. Look carefully. Not easy to always see it. Most likely it’s clear as pictured above though some replacements by TM or if self-procured may be a different color. But there should be one there. If not you can put one in without taking the top plate off if you’re patient and dexterous enough. Good luck. :peace:

Vaporific

Yep. Well that's my issue. Just quickly took it apart and its definitely missing. Does TM sell it or is there somewhere else to get it?

Thanks so much @Vaporific and @dzoinp !! I should have asked this weeks ago. Lol
Not sure if TM sells them separately. I haven’t been on the site in a while. I got my spare replacements when I placed an accessories order last year and he threw a couple in. I think they can be bought on eBay or Amazon, just need to know the right size which has been cited herein - see page 378! :). Cheers. :peace:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Yep. Well that's my issue. Just quickly took it apart and its definitely missing. Does TM sell it or is there somewhere else to get it?

Thanks so much @Vaporific and @dzoinp !! I should have asked this weeks ago. Lol
It's not uncommon to happen...
In your case it's quite understandable... besides your memories you also have a dislocated oring :rofl:

Djsleepy

:hmm: I don't understand... (EDIT: because only if it was damaged would it make sense to have improved anything! I assume you tighten the ring so that the oring is under pressure)

IMG_20200511_001056.jpg
Thank you @dzoinp that’s what I always say make sure that oring is in place and easiest way to check is after tightening bottom screw insert your pinky and run it inside and confirm it’s nice and smooth nothing poking out as this usually means you have to loosen and try again ime.

@Dislocated Memories you can get online I suggest getting a few of all orings

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Thank you @dzoinp that’s what I always say make sure that oring is in place and easiest way to check is after tightening bottom screw insert your pinky and run it inside and confirm it’s nice and smooth nothing poking out as this usually means you have to loosen and try again ime.

Since we are here, I take this opportunity to (once again) say that it is possible to put this oring in place without removing the top plate. :brow::nod:

IMG_20200511_001056.jpg

Vaporware

This is the money shot and posted many times (thanks, @dzoinp!). All orings are critical and I would say this one more than the stem oring or the ones on the cooling unit if you’re using it. The one pictured sits atop the glass cylinder and is different than the stem oring. Hopefully this makes sense. Good luck with adjustments and let us know how it goes. TGIF to all. For the life of me I still don’t know why I had two of the thin clear orings in there when I took apart my TM last week - wonders never cease. :peace:

Yeah, that was the o-ring I was thinking of, but any missing or misplaced o-ring would be a concern. I hope replacing it fixes it for you, but if you order one I’d ask for some extras and not just of that one.

It sucks not to be able to use your TM for so long due to one cheap little piece like that, and they can get lost or broken.

Djsleepy

Yeah, that was the o-ring I was thinking of, but any missing or misplaced o-ring would be a concern. I hope replacing it fixes it for you, but if you order one I’d ask for some extras and not just of that one.

It sucks not to be able to use your TM for so long due to one cheap little piece like that, and they can get lost or broken.
They are too far away to easily get when needed , so anytime it’s not a “standard” part I can get anywhere I always get extras!
And don’t forget these orings get hot enough that over time will break, facts!

Vaporific

You know it’s going to be a good holiday weekend when you wake and bake early on your first day off (perpetual thanks to my cat) and use my Tinymight. I couldn’t go back to sleep but dang the TM hits so friggin well any time of day. I don’t usually use it this early but wow. Fresh battery and new load too. The Tinymight rocks every single time. I’m really enjoying the sanding and waxing so much so it’s even more pleasurable to hold. And use of course :). Weekend regards to all. :peace:

condition

Thanks the blue o-ring feels smoothly placed. The screen has been in iso and brushed. Its burned from a past misplacement of the o-ring

condition,
Reactions: Vaporific

Vaporific

Thanks the blue o-ring feels smoothly placed. The screen has been in iso and brushed. Its burned from a past misplacement of the o-ring
Let me know if you or anyone knows the exact size of the heater screen. My current one is a replacement, cut to size but a tad big so it sticks up a bit like a dome and a poor man’s @dzoinp heater screen mod ( :rockon: ) - however it loosens a bit when brushing it and I’d love to get the right size as a replacement. :peace:

Top Bottom