TinyMight / TM 2

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I also have always used an external charger. The biggest upside for me on that I always have one or more I can swap in when the battery becomes depleted. I also have a little more faith in the electronics of a name brand charger. Others successfully charge in the device, but I prefer more choices.

Lord_fluf

Hey! I was hoping someone could help me with my Tinymight. I've been having performance issues the past two weeks.

It used to extract about halfway through the load, or it would only heat directly halfway across the bowl. However now even at temp 10 its giving 1 half hit, then nothing more after that. No clue what changed as before this it was working amazingly. Should I try to get it sent in for a replacement, or is there any DIY things I can do for it? Thanks in advance.

ezpz

@Lord_fluf,
Here's some diy fixes found on this thread.
Don't worry it's not hard and I'd probably spend more time with the search function it's faster just to tell you lol there are 2 things you can do. 1remove battery and unscrew just enough to be able to wiggle the top plate back and forth a little, then retighten the screw quite tight, very tight and try using the unit. 2 for a more permanent solution start by removing the stem o ring metal collar, o ring, metal tube and heater screen then unscrew the screw till the top just lift's off, being careful not to lose track of the thin o ring that will either be stuck to the lid or more likely The glass oven liner, if it is just leave it in place, you'll see a metal strip leading up from the bottom of the battery compartment to the top of the wood where it makes contact with the lid, place a thin shim of folded aluminum foil underneath that strip. I also advise you to take advantage of the top being off and use a eraser on the underside of the cap where the strip makes contact and the entire underside to. Reassemble and try your tinymight again if that doesn't help PM me for recalibration instructions

@BakedDiogenes you can use iso on a q tip on the threads if it's easier to find than an eraser.

Also, on top of @Bad Dog excellent advice check the o rings.

Remove the stems retaining ring and check the orange o ring for blemishes. Remove the orange o ring and the metal tube. Look inside and you should see a glass sleeve with wood behind it. At the top of that tube, between it and the top plate, there is another o ring (could be blue, black, grey, another colour). Make sure it's in place and even around the top of the glass tube.

I've not tried those cells, they should be ok but the recommended ones are vtc6, hg2 or p26. This heater is 70w and appreciates a decent cell.

Good luck! We will get you going!
Tear down pics on page 187.
And here's a pic of the skinny o-ring.
It is possible to replace this o-ring without removing the top plate. I already did it when he jumped from the site when blowing the TM with my 300bar compressor
:whip:

IMG-20200511-001056.jpg
I haven't done any of these, so this is as far as I can help. Good luck.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
😂 Be careful how you explain things around here.
Butt yes. Mine does the same. Its like the bowl area is slightly thicker than the vapor path side of the glass screen. So I usually insert it while turning clockwise. Once I feel it tighten a little, then I'll push it all the way in. 😂
I thought that was normal lol

I been thinking about selling mines since I don’t use it often even tho I love it(and vas is kicking in)

I don’t like to have too many devices so I try to sell one when getting a new one(didn’t seem to apply when I bought 3 vapes back in April lol)

so here’s the plan,
  1. sell it,
  2. pretend to act like ima make the effort to buy a firewood 7(I’m lazy),
  3. eventually make the effort to buy a firewood 7(gonna write a bot, release it, hopefully cause chaos)
  4. Love the firewood for a few weeks
  5. Realize I don’t use it since I use carts now when I’m outside
  6. Ignore it or sell it since I don’t use portables
  7. ???(wait 50 years for my spot on the waitlist)
  8. Use my new Nomad 2

Last edited:

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
Hey! I was hoping someone could help me with my Tinymight. I've been having performance issues the past two weeks.

It used to extract about halfway through the load, or it would only heat directly halfway across the bowl. However now even at temp 10 its giving 1 half hit, then nothing more after that. No clue what changed as before this it was working amazingly. Should I try to get it sent in for a replacement, or is there any DIY things I can do for it? Thanks in advance.
The first thing I suggest is making sure the screw on the bottom is tight, 99% of the time that fixes it. If not then you may need to open it up.

Thank you! What temp are you using? That's substantially more vapor than what I've been getting. Do you normally use it in sessions mode?

😂 Be careful how you explain things around here.
Butt yes. Mine does the same. Its like the bowl area is slightly thicker than the vapor path side of the glass screen. So I usually insert it while turning clockwise. Once I feel it tighten a little, then I'll push it all the way in. 😂
Ahhh so that's the key to getting those milk shots?

ezpz

Thank you! What temp are you using? That's substantially more vapor than what I've been getting. Do you normally use it in sessions mode?
Temp set at 10, in session mode, strictly for the video. I normally take about 3-4 hits on temp 6, then a clean-up hit on 9, in on-demand mode.
Ahhh so that's the key to getting those milk shots?
Yes. You need to tighten the nut for the stem holder for a good seal, to compensate for variances of glass. For me, the long spiked stem is slightly larger than my 18mm wpa, which is slightly larger than my 3 in 1 wpa, so I usually need to adjust the stem holder ring when changing stems.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Both ends are the same, except for the usual basket screen 😁
What is inside the red orings? I can’t quite make it out like the rest (balls included, of course :) ), and it doesn’t look like a separated TM cooling unit which has the orings at the top of each section. The pic appears like they’re centered on something but not the stock CU. Nice setup! :peace:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Ok, time to spill the beans, but not the balls preferably!

I've used sections of Boro tube salvaged from a couple of broken Evo nails. I managed to make 6 retainers in total, a couple for each of my stock stems if required. The balls are 5mm quartz balls from the gate, but Boro would be fine too. What's lovely about the 5mm balls is they stack neatly in groups of 4 layer by layer. There is actually a small gap going down the center of the balls which I'm thinking could be prevented by putting a 3mm ball in between the first 2 layers... I've not tested this yet.

I had this idea when I was playing with my balls and the stock cu. *Whistles innocently* When I saw the 5mm balls behaving like this I knew I could get rid of all the metal, save the screen that holds the herb. It was only a moment of high tinkering which had me insert the broken Evo nail into a spare stem when I then realised I had everything I needed. A Dremel, diamond cutting disk, and a tub of water later and this is the result. Might have to try flame polishing one, not tried that with Boro yet.

It's not the neatest to be kind lol!

Edited to add the picture lol!
IMG_20210805_005250_copy_1446x1144.jpg

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Another day and again I choose my tinymight to satisfy my vaping needs! Been experimenting with really temp stepping? My go to has been start at 3 and take a hit maybe two then jump up to 5 and get a nice cloud, then jump to 7 1/2 for a high temp kill hit. But for the past few days I'm starting at 2 and only going up by one all the way to 8!?! And loving it! And I'm not even finishing the bowl in one session? Yep I'm really micro dosing now :lol: Been vaping the same .05 bowl the past 3 /12 hours and it's been great though I do kinda miss the clouds but I can't argue with the results! Those whispy hits ad up alright and I've had a very nice buzz going the past few hours! Going to keep playing around with this and see where it takes me, been a cloud chaser for some time but this lighter approach is very nice too :love: this vape keeps up with my changing vaping needs and gives me options other vapes can't touch 👉 there's a reason the tinymight is my favorite!

Happy weekend everyone

david8613

Do you guys customize the wood on your tinymight? I bet someone can do some wicked art or laser etching or some type of beautiful design with a nice colored stain on the wood? Can you post a pic if you have customized your tiny might?

condition

I am now using every day the TM, since I got the extra long stem. I am going to get another one @ 20 euro. But I am afraid that I would lose the screen basket, which completes my needs and unfortunately there are no spares in TM website. Do you know where can I get the same?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I am now using every day the TM, since I got the extra long stem. I am going to get another one @ 20 euro. But I am afraid that I would lose the screen basket, which completes my needs and unfortunately there are no spares in TM website. Do you know where can I get the same?

Those are also known as Arizer cup screens (elbow screens) . Are you located in the EU? Vaposhop has them but if you are looking for a bulk buy there are great deals on amazon and ebay at less than 1$ per piece.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3837270562...DEaUlY80%2F2ildT2tCc|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
No these rimmed basket screens are a custom size, as far as we know the only place to get them is from the person who makes the extra long stem only provides one with each stem they send to TM...

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I tried that, I believe others have as well, to no avail, because they don't have any spares to spare lol worth a shot maybe they will!
What are the dimensions of these customs ? Does anyone has a pic where the difference is seen ?
I have no issues using arizer cup screens.

16mm(0.63")x8.4mm(0.33")

Last edited:
Top Bottom