TinyMight / TM 2

Jason Mendoza

Hmm so you're saying the newer one you got, a regular basket screen cannot be pushed out from the other end with a skewer??

That is the part that is important to me, I don't care about using any of the cooling unit at all...

OGB is great, but he cannot make spikes this small, his glass is too thick? More expensive for spikes

Total to get one shipped is about $39 to the US for me, I think two would be about $60 total so perhaps a better deal even though not necessary?

Honestly I think I would like it if they were a little shorter too... Hmm
I'd split it with ya.

Yep, those are perfect, but not sold without the glass.

@cybrguy

These are the closest thing I've found. Three of my four work great, the fourth rubs against the o-ring and scuffs it up.

Soft rim screens
Just saw these, not sure of size. Also, now I recall seeing something like you describe on China webites.
http://www.vaporizergalaxy.com/vapir-no2-screens.html

MonkeyTime

Why not just use the baskets without lids? I had similar problem with the TM stems. The lids that come with the baskets he sells don't fit in all but one of the straight stems I ordered. I've used the cooling units for capsules with added screens. Just yesterday, I was in a pinch and put an oring round the basket and it stayed put.

I just started doing my own screens with a hammer, steel block (for hammering on), and hardware store hole punch, (harbor freight). I will try baskets next. I've made them before (for my Mi) but not with a hammer, all professional like. Hammering the screens lightly before cutting them really helped.
He was using it with a stem with cooling dimples, or what @Shit Snacks likes to call nipples :dog:. Sometimes it's not a great option using the rimless.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
He was using it with a stem with cooling dimples, or what @Shit Snacks likes to call nipples :dog:. Sometimes it's not a great option using the rimless.

Season 4 Episode 13 GIF by The Office

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Yes that was going to be my other suggestion! :D @Vaporific honestly I think the FW7 actually makes for a better complimentary cohort though ;)
Yeah, that’s been under the radar and I need to study that a bit. Not having much luck with the P80 lottery system (I’m 0-2 the last drops for varied reasons and I’ll likely miss the next one in a couple of days). Don’t mind waiting for a vape, hell I waited for my original Hopper for 15 months, but I want to know I’m getting something I want. I’ve thought about a second TM but I’ve duplicated a few other vapes in the past and would like something different. Portable of course, though I can’t rule out my first desktop not too far down the road.

Are the soft rimmed basket screens the best for the @dzoinp heater screen mod? I have the hard rimmed ones which I bought after my initial failed attempt at the mod and I never tried it with those. I’m so much wiser now with the workings of the TM and the various screen types out there. I love the short cup screens just below the cooling unit - keeps things very clean! :peace:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Are the soft rimmed basket screens the best for the @dzoinp heater screen mod? I have the hard rimmed ones which I bought after my initial failed attempt at the mod and I never tried it with those.
I use a mesh rimmed rbt basket screen, works perfectly and you don't even have to take the heater screen out but I don't know how easy they are to find these days

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Hmm so you're saying the newer one you got, a regular basket screen cannot be pushed out from the other end with a skewer??

That is the part that is important to me, I don't care about using any of the cooling unit at all...

OGB is great, but he cannot make spikes this small, his glass is too thick? More expensive for spikes

Total to get one shipped is about $39 to the US for me, I think two would be about $60 total so perhaps a better deal even though not necessary?

Honestly I think I would like it if they were a little shorter too... Hmm
A skewer wouldn't work. A fine wire perhaps. But they can easily be hooked out..... Am I missing something obvious here.?
Ask him it they can be made shorter. I think I will and am happy to report back..
Would be more portable for sure.

I bought stems similar to these from Dhgate. The problem I had was air gap issues. Because the stem is a little "groovy," the o-ring stem holder wasn't a tight seal. It worked great if I sealed the top (where the stem and o-ring nut meet), but that was more hassle. How's the seal on those stems?

Oh that is not a problem with the one he linked, the one you linked is clearly for RBT or tetra type vapes, where you load the basket on the mail joint end, that's why the other end is so short! That's why it does not seal in your TM... This is a problem with a lot of xl8r stems though some people are able to use them, the Phineas vigreux stems fit okay because they have a long enough section without any spikes for their mouthpiece, so when you flip it that fits in the TM okay except the spikes are now in the wrong direction as we have said here before... Anyway the point being, the stem you have is not good for the TM, but the stem that was linked is designed for the TM :tup:

depending on how they have it set up(I haven't opened mine so idk) but you may have to reseat or reconnect something internally. I would give that a quick look before possibly sending it back.

Do you happen to know if they have a shorter version or are open to making one? At this point I feel like we have plenty of options for long stems but none for portable set ups

Yeah my plan was to ask them for a shorter version, it's night time in France now, so when they're in business hours later I thought I would message them why not!

Let me know what they say
I will contact Nicholas this morning about shorter stems and report back

Shit Snacks

I will contact Nicholas this morning about shorter stems and report back

Yeah I'm sure they can, if you want to ask him that's fine, if I can just write in the notes when I order that I want a shorter version...

But yeah you're not missing anything, I just find it tough to hook a basket screen out that way, and usually implies that the basket screen is not sitting so securely in the stem to begin with... Like once it gets sticky with reclaim maybe, but then still not ideal, hmmm... Thanks again though!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Yeah I'm sure they can, if you want to ask him that's fine, if I can just write in the notes when I order that I want a shorter version...

But yeah you're not missing anything, I just find it tough to hook a basket screen out that way, and usually implies that the best screen is not sitting so securely in the stem to begin with... Like once it gets sticky with reclaim maybe, but then still not ideal, hmmm
I get you. The basket does sit fairly well. With my first I accidentally crushed my basket and the fit was not good and once I sucked the entire contents up the stem - nasty.
I then tried the cooling unit until I received basket replacements.
I will ask if something could be done to secure the basket lower down the stem.

A ring of spikes one cm up the stem?

Shit Snacks

I get you. The basket does sit fairly well. With my first I accidentally crushed my basket and the fit was not good and once I sucked the entire contents up the stem - nasty.
I then tried the cooling unit until I received basket replacements.
I will ask if something could be done to secure the basket lower down the stem.

A ring of spikes one cm up the stem?

Oh yeah that could be good but I'm not sure... 1 cm sounds right at least, the thing is you don't want the spikes to restrict the air flow from the basket screen either?

Shit Snacks

Hmmmm. My lack of experience is showing. Please make suggestions and I will raise them with Nicholas later....

Oh no I think you still had a good idea, I certainly don't have a better one! Maybe if you can mention to Nicholas, if possible for a skewer to be able to push screens from the opposite end, like just enough room in the mouthpiece, and a side for the spikes? Not sure that can ever be possible really lol

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
In my experience I often have to come from the other side to get a screen out of a glass stem, or at least to get it out easily. On that stem especially if it slips further down the channel I can easily imagine a problem getting it out. YMMV
@Shit Snacks

Hey guys. So I'm going to contact the maker of the spiked stems and you both had some constructive criticism. Can I get your (and anyone else) input for queries I am going to raise.

Make shorter. Any ideas on length. Standard is approx 14cm. Would 10 be another option or smaller still?

Ability to push basket from mouthpiece.

Possiblity of ensuring basket does not move further up the stem (set of spikes approx 1.5 cm fromm end?)

Anything else.....?

I'm.unsure if he can accommodate any of these requests but as I have already been communicating with Nicholas over the last couple of weeks it makes sense for me to continue.....

~vapeslut.xo~

So my next purchase will either be a desktop coil for my Elev8r...
...or a Tinymight.
(or possibly another portable vape that someone is selling, i don't know if i should or want to share any info, but yeah on that. :) )

So yes...quite conflicted! The Tinymight will be have the wonderful benefit of portability, yet the desktop coil for the Elev8r is all i need to stop the incessant, loud torch-lighting.

The elev8r is such a fantastic vape, and i feel like i'm not using to it's full potential...and i feel like i might use the tinymight more, based on ease of use...oh gosh. This is a toughie.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Update on tinymight spiked stems.

I have spoken to the owner, Nicholas. he is making me a stem at 8cm long and I hope to have in end of next week, perhaps beginning of following. I can report back on its functionality then.

He agreed on the need to maintain a central hole between the spikes to support pushing baskets out from the mouthpiece. Again, my shorter stem should have this functionality......

I discussed spikes closer to the end to support a basket screen and said this could be done.

I got the impression that he is happy to support most requirements if communicated with him first. I think he plans to stock the long (and I hope the revised shorter version) but can accommodate other user requirements on a piece by piece basis.

For USA and UK future customers, he is planning on setting up Amazon market places in each local, reducing shipping costs etc. I believe he already has one in the US.

I was very encouraged chatting to Nicholas.

ezpz

I have spoken to the owner, Nicholas. he is making me a stem at 8cm long and I hope to have in end of next week, perhaps beginning of following. I can report back on its functionality then.

He agreed on the need to maintain a central hole between the spikes to support pushing baskets out from the mouthpiece. Again, my shorter stem should have this functionality......

I discussed spikes closer to the end to support a basket screen and said this could be done.

I got the impression that he is happy to support most requirements if communicated with him first. I think he plans to stock the long (and I hope the revised shorter version) but can accommodate other user requirements on a piece by piece basis.

For USA and UK future customers, he is planning on setting up Amazon market places in each local, reducing shipping costs etc. I believe he already has one in the US.

:clap:
You've done this community a great service.

trevytrev

Happy little clouds

Nice work, thanks!! So, I guess it would be an idea to wait for a week or so until making any orders?

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Least I can do as this site has cost me a fortune educated me.....
There’s education and then there is willpower. It might be a fine line. I’ve learned a lot from this forum and many on this thread alone. Indeed a great community. My TM is traveling with me this weekend a few hours away unlike last weekend. I’m also bring a few other vapes. Should be a fun weekend with friends. TGIF all! :peace:

Lazytechnician

Tinymight fans. I've received my second stem for my tinymight and wanted to share as I think its the best available within the EU! Maybe the world???

Handblown here in France so I imagine there will be some variation, as can be seen with my two.

Single image is the version I have just received and has 4 sets of spikes for each row with 9 rows. The slightly smaller stem (second image) I received earlier as a gift due to a tiny chip. It has 8 rows with 3 sets of spikes.

Im using the Tinymight basket screens which are effective and adjustable.

They are very effective at cooling and seem fairly tough (much stronger than say a BB9 etc). The mouthfeel is superb.

I am only using this stem now, even going out, as it hits so much harder but cooler than anything else.

They can be bought here:

Obviously a French site. Emails seems to be slow to nothing to reply but the messaging is instant. Both Nicholas (owner) and Mila speak / write excellent English and are very accommodating via message or the phone.

Please note the image on the website has no spikes. I asked today if they have more stock (I had to wait 2 weeks for my second as a new batch was being made) and they told me they have plenty. But I would message them to ensure you will receive the spike version and not plain.

all in all a great buy at just 17.90 euros (so will slip under custom duty limit if in UK).

View attachment 8696View attachment 8697
Oh very nice!

Does anyone know if the 'official' Tinymight xxl baskets fit in these?

Lazytechnician,

stonedmallone

So my next purchase will either be a desktop coil for my Elev8r...
...or a Tinymight.
(or possibly another portable vape that someone is selling, i don't know if i should or want to share any info, but yeah on that. :) )

So yes...quite conflicted! The Tinymight will be have the wonderful benefit of portability, yet the desktop coil for the Elev8r is all i need to stop the incessant, loud torch-lighting.

The elev8r is such a fantastic vape, and i feel like i'm not using to it's full potential...and i feel like i might use the tinymight more, based on ease of use...oh gosh. This is a toughie.
+1 for the tinymight. I've never hit the Elev8r, but the TM is a fantastic device. desktop type vapor with portability. When you start adding longer and bigger stems it really makes a difference.
Least I can do as this site has cost me a fortune educated me.....
Man let me tell you.. my wallet hates this site

Top Bottom