TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I've posted positively about the TM because mine does and always has just worked.
EVERY. SINGLE. TIME! :D
Also to clarify, I love my TM and it probably IS my overall favorite device, if I had to pick one to keep, it would be the TM.
Ditto. I recently bought a new Hopper IO in addition to my legacy unit (which still works) and I still prefer the Tinymight over the Hoppers. I was contemplating buying a second TM instead of the IO but I figured I’d give it a try (it’s not bad but the TM rules it IMO; I’ve been posting in the comparison thread). Because I REALLY enjoy the TM and it being my top vape too (I have a few others) I’m thinking about a second. I however don’t want to start accumulating duplicates nor catch DupeVAS (for which there’s no cure). We’ll see. I will say the TM rocks - every single time. And this thread has been fantastic from the beginiing - a great community and hope it stays that way and grows with more TMs in the wild.

BTW I’ve all but dispensed with screens and using the stock short stems with just the cooling unit. With two sets I just clean them every couple of weeks. Simple. And I do simple very well and with the TM it’s every single time! :peace::peace:

RAG

So received my TM today and was a little displeased over the state it arrived in. Don’t know if I’m being too sensitive, but at the same time I paid roughly 420€ in total with all the extra accessories I ordered and think the device should arrive in pristine condition since it’s new. The glass has been chipped and seems like poor quality glass, scratches and dents on aluminum parts, chips in the wood and feels like it’s been put together to tight so the wood has been compressed and it looks like it has cracked. Will have to disassemble the unit to check that properly. The battery cap sits very far outside of the casing, could have engineered a better battery cap in my opinion.

Extremely buzzed out at the moment from all the testing, so maybe all will be forgotten and forgiven by tomorrow morning. Having a hard time loading it so the abv turns out evenly roasted, but even so it’s a very powerful vape and it gets you where you want to be quickly even if you only roast 1/3 of a 0.2 bowl. In my opinion it should be more straightforward to load it so it roast everything evenly, maybe I just haven’t found the right technique of loading it yet, but an explanation in the manual would be good for example. Know it was mentioned in the Tinymight thread, but didn’t find the right page with that info while tinkering with it.

In my opinion the TM hits just the right spots on some points, portability, the powerhouse of portable vapes and the possibility to exchange batteries are it’s winning points but the fact that after 9 bowls not finding a way to properly load it so everything roast evenly is a big minus in my eyes. Then there’s the part of non existent CS, communication from the manufacturer and the whole PayPal fiasco makes me hesitant to recommend this vape or company so far. Maybe that will change with some more use, just my five cents so far.

Attached some photos, hard to show the scratches and dents on photo with the lighting I got by the desk.

Attachments

• 8AD9A1AA-22CE-4AB5-A106-389AE788F309.jpeg
    8AD9A1AA-22CE-4AB5-A106-389AE788F309.jpeg
    634.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 99337BF4-379F-4BC0-9FE1-77351C11EBDD.jpeg
    99337BF4-379F-4BC0-9FE1-77351C11EBDD.jpeg
    781.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 3AF1236E-13C1-439D-8482-FB1DB5080106.jpeg
    3AF1236E-13C1-439D-8482-FB1DB5080106.jpeg
    373.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 7AF5EAC7-C08D-428B-BDBE-28744D2A05BF.jpeg
    7AF5EAC7-C08D-428B-BDBE-28744D2A05BF.jpeg
    736.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 67EA52B2-1DD4-49A8-9728-7B251D240C35.jpeg
    67EA52B2-1DD4-49A8-9728-7B251D240C35.jpeg
    709.3 KB · Views: 48

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
In my opinion it should be more straightforward to load it so it roast everything evenly, maybe I just haven’t found the right technique of loading it yet

What always works for me is a firm, yet fluffy pack (lightly tamped so the herb won't fall) with a medium grind, that gives me an even roast and lets me avoid stirring (I usually tempstep from 5 or 6 to 8). Some, me included, twist the stem a bit in mid session, I'm not even sure it makes a difference though.

I also would like to repost my reply to your first impressions & pics from the shipping thread:

What is definitely not acceptable is the state of the glass, that's just out of question – I hope one of the glass pieces works in a way you can still use it for now. I'm not sure I see cracks in the wood though, might be the texture, oak tends to have strong grains (some beeswax might solve that, but I'm just going by the pics). The battery cap definitely *should* sit flush with the top plate, I suggest screwing it down fully unless it won't turn properly. When not closed down fully, the battery will rattle and thus harm the contacts inside the device, so that would in fact be a issue if it remains that way. For the aluminum ring I suggest checking the red o ring underneath it, it might not sit properly and thus prevent it being screwed down fully – however, that alu ring should *not* sit flush with the top plate, as it needs to be adjustable to set how well the o ring grabs the tube.
Edit: try screwing the battery cap with the battery removed; it should then come to sit flush with the top plate easily. When a battery is inserted, the last few turns seem a bit more tight, but it should still sit flush too.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tinymight-vaporizer.44563/post-1514410 read my post i found a way for me to get a even vaped avb but be careful by pushing your mouthpiece down otherwise you can pop out the inner mesh screen.

PS: My Tinymight looks same like yours.

I tried a Mighty capsule when the first received my TM.
Didn’t like having to turn up the heater approximately 2 steps on the dial, and the faster battery depletion.
When I felt the fairly high resistance when I spin turn the stem past the thick red oring, I realized as careful as I’d like to think I am, I knew I might eventually push it into the heater coil, and probably ruin the device. Since I didn’t care for the vapor either, I decided to not use them. While in my Mighty they are very convenient and clean. But I read one of@Siebter old posts on how he uses the stock stem setup and loading etc. But enjoying experimenting, I tried many other ways, and eventually ended up back at Siebter’s way, and I found it the easiest way to load and blow out, and extend the time between fuller cleaning.

I’m back to just the STOCK screen, and I’ll explain the reasons it works best for me, in a future post.

CAREFUL WITH THOSE CAPSULES!!!

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
One nice way to have even abv / roast is to use a cup screen (edit: or any screen?) in front of the flower. While they don't offer the convenience capsules do, they seem to spread the heat in the same way (referring to the TM / Mistvape capsules here), which also create a very even abv without having to stir, twist, dance, pray to someone etc. Unlike the capsules cup screens won't make you have to turn the heat up and they preserve the TMs typical punch too.

But as hinted by @RustyOldNail, I prefer the simple default setup. A cup screen would be one more piece I'd have to take care of.

Siebter,

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
Hello,

Just received my TM.
Took everything apart, cleaned everything with iso alcohol and did a few burn off cycles on maximum temperature on session mode with ginger.

Questions:
1. I still smell some chemical odor despite the burn off cycles and cleaning. Not sure if I should ignore it and start vaping or not...
2. The unit seems to get quite hot during USB charging, I made sure that it's really off. Does that make sense?
3. Is session mode 100% equal to on-demand mode while keeping the button pressed?

Last edited:
pittiserria,

tokenknifeguy

pittiserria, If you could, I would get a 18650 charger and only use that to charge up the batteries. Seems like many recommend that way of charging over using the box mod or vape's usb port to charge it.

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
pittiserria, If you could, I would get a 18650 charger and only use that to charge up the batteries. Seems like many recommend that way of charging over using the box mod or vape's usb port to charge it.
I am getting one in 4 days. Until I get it, you think I should avoid charging it via USB in order to protect it?

pittiserria,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Hello,

Just received my TM.
Took everything apart, cleaned everything with iso alcohol and did a few burn off cycles on maximum temperature on session mode with ginger.

Questions:
1. The unit seems to get quite hot during USB charging, I made sure that it's really off. Does that make sense?
2. I still smell a non natural smell despite the burn off cycles and cleaning. Not sure if I should ignore it and start vaping or not...
Somewhere buried in the thread, TM dude is quoted in saying that the bottom plate is designed to absorb the heat during charging or something like that, so it shouldn't be concerning that it gets warm.

tokenknifeguy

I am getting one in 4 days. Until I get it, you think I should avoid charging it via USB in order to protect it?
You should be good. I do know when my TM was working it would get hot when I used it back to back to back but it was always the aluminum on top. If you get worried, you could unplug it and take the battery out and see how hot it is getting.

Indifferent FIsh

1. I still smell some chemical odor despite the burn off cycles and cleaning. Not sure if I should ignore it and start vaping or not...

I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure there is an innate smell to the Tinymight from it's oak body. Is the smell vaguely fishy? I only bring this up because I also found the smell to be very potent at the start and was a little concerned if I could tolerate such a taste in my vape. However it did significantly fade over time and with use. The smell is still present and most apparent when the device is sitting unused; but for me it was ultimately a nonissue.

KVVS

Alright i just picked mine up, so far everything looks good!
The unit itself looks good, no big gap or anything only a little mark on the battery door, which also opens smooth as i can imagine it to be, i can open and close it with a bit of thumb pressure.
So far the first impressions, now time to clean and use it.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
However it did significantly fade over time and with use. The smell is still present and most apparent when the device is sitting unused; but for me it was ultimately a nonissue.
Use natural beeswax or similar non-toxic application for the wood. It might help. Mine wasn’t bad at all when I got it. I apply beeswax to help the wood every couple of months. I like fish anyway, and my TM even better! :peace:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@pittiserria – The smell was never an issue for me, either way & as mentioned, it should vanish soon. The plates do get warm / hot when internally charging, they serve as a heat sink. I don't use session mode, but I've seen others mentioning that it seems to act a tad weaker at the same dial setting – beside that, it is actually the same w/o having to press the buttons, yes.

Top Bottom