TinyMight / TM 2

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Sunday is the day :)
Time to charge my already owned VTC6's so I could use it immediately without having to wait :)

Do you guys do a burn off ? how so?

m0sh,
Reactions: Cheebsy

RAG

Wow that turned out dark! I would caution people to be careful with the S&B capsules so you don't pop your screen into the heater. I imagine the Tinymight or Mistvape caps don't produce AVB that dark, or at least I don't recall that off the top of my head.
Just my thoughts, had the urge to grab my dosing capsules from my s&b arsenal and pop in my Tinymight that I just received, but after a quick look I realized that sooner or later I’d accidentally push the glass stem too far and probably screw up the heater or at least the screen so decided to wait to use my TM until tonight.. :cry:

RAG,

Dargin B

Just my thoughts, had the urge to grab my dosing capsules from my s&b arsenal and pop in my Tinymight that I just received, but after a quick look I realized that sooner or later I’d accidentally push the glass stem too far and probably screw up the heater or at least the screen so decided to wait to use my TM until tonight.. :cry:
I did that and I have a TM in pieces lol. I remember I did that shorty after I got it and the night before I left for a trip.

doubledown

Just an update (?). Attempted to contact the maker on Sept 27 about stripped/stuck battery cap. Sent email and IG message. IG still has not been “seen” and email has no reply. Such a shame, a great vape is being ruined by terrible CS. When you advertise a 10 year warranty but never communicate with requests (not trying to get this fixed via warranty btw. Offered to pay for parts) it instills no faith. Still my favorite vaporizer, just a damn shame it no longer works and the man who accepted my money for his product seems unwilling to support it. Until CS materializes, I no longer recommend the TM. For now, it’s an expensive paperweight.

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Just an update (?). Attempted to contact the maker on Sept 27 about stripped/stuck battery cap. Sent email and IG message. IG still has not been “seen” and email has no reply. Such a shame, a great vape is being ruined by terrible CS. When you advertise a 10 year warranty but never communicate with requests (not trying to get this fixed via warranty btw. Offered to pay for parts) it instills no faith. Still my favorite vaporizer, just a damn shame it no longer works and the man who accepted my money for his product seems unwilling to support it. Until CS materializes, I no longer recommend the TM. For now, it’s an expensive paperweight.
I would suggest going through the steps on the TM website to do a return

doubledown

I would suggest going through the steps on the TM website to do a return
Appreciate the suggestion, but I’ve owned this since April I believe, and the crossed threads were my fault. Return window is 14 days plus it seems the cost to return is very high for shipping. The threads were always very rough but I always turned backwards till it seated then screwed in. This time I did the same but was in a bit of a rush due to circumstances and the cap dug in quickly and stuck. The metal is very soft. I’m just wanting a dialogue with customer service for a prod I bought that advertises a 10 year warranty. If they cant handle returning an email, I have little faith that the warranty is worth much. It’s just starting to chap me as I bought over $600 of goods but can get no service. I even offered to pay for a new part, but until I get a reply, none of that matters. I don’t believe I’m the only one dealing with this.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Appreciate the suggestion, but I’ve owned this since April I believe, and the crossed threads were my fault. Return window is 14 days plus it seems the cost to return is very high for shipping. The threads were always very rough but I always turned backwards till it seated then screwed in. This time I did the same but was in a bit of a rush due to circumstances and the cap dug in quickly and stuck. The metal is very soft. I’m just wanting a dialogue with customer service for a prod I bought that advertises a 10 year warranty. If they cant handle returning an email, I have little faith that the warranty is worth much. It’s just starting to chap me as I bought over $600 of goods but can get no service. I even offered to pay for a new part, but until I get a reply, none of that matters. I don’t believe I’m the only one dealing with this.

I believe the website method is more of a hotline straight to their attention (theoretically) for RMAs, other members reported they went that route and they received a return label in their email.

not entirely sure if it actually functions as a hotline though, my emails about missing accessories have gone unanswered so I tried to go through the website, and still nothing.

SixStringToker

Naked member
I believe the website method is more of a hotline straight to their attention (theoretically) for RMAs, other members reported they went that route and they received a return label in their email.

not entirely sure if it actually functions as a hotline though, my emails about missing accessories have gone unanswered so I tried to go through the website, and still nothing.

How do you contact him via the TM website? All I can find is the "info@" email address on the site.

SixStringToker,
Reactions: doubledown

doubledown

not entirely sure if it actually functions as a hotline though, my emails about missing accessories have gone unanswered so I tried to go through the website, and still nothin
That’s how I attempted to contact. No reply so far.

Log into your account, view your order history, next to the respective item you'll find some kind of return or request icon.
I’ll go back and look at this. Thanks.
Update: Did as y’all suggested and put in all pertinent info, requesting help and offering to buy new part if possible. If this gets any traction or resolution I’ll report back.

Last edited:

SixStringToker

Naked member
Log into your account, view your order history, next to the respective item you'll find some kind of return or request icon.
Thanks. I've been trying to contact him via that email address to update my CC number on a pending order, but have had no luck. I shall try this.

SixStringToker,
Reactions: Siebter

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
^^ Yup, thats the website method I was referring to. Hopefully it helps you guys out - I'm thinking because it is device specific issue, maybe you will have better luck than I'm having.

Bazinga

As much as I enjoy my Tinymight I will not buy another until customer service exists. It amazes me that so many folk defend the maker for the, almost non-existent, customer support. I'm tired of hearing, he's a one man show, Covid is the problem, the device is the greatest out there, etc, etc. If he is capable of building such a great device he is certainly capable of providing customer support and at least responding to emails in a timely fashion.

I am fortunate in that I have many devices. Each one gets me to where I need to be. The Mighty, Splinter, Fury Edge, and the IQ2 all work for me. They work differently than the TM and from each other, but they get the job done. No drama with any of these devices. Between my different devices I have convection, session, on demand, not so portable, portable. I enjoy the the TM, but there are plenty of other devices that are satisfying and dependable. With the exception of the Splinter there is customer support. Heck, before Ryan closed shop the support for the Splinter was excellent.

Sorry for the rant. I just cannot understand the devotion to this product under the current circumstances.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
As much as I enjoy my Tinymight I will not buy another until customer service exists. It amazes me that so many folk defend the maker for the, almost non-existent, customer support. I'm tired of hearing, he's a one man show, Covid is the problem, the device is the greatest out there, etc, etc. If he is capable of building such a great device he is certainly capable of providing customer support and at least responding to emails in a timely fashion.

I am fortunate in that I have many devices. Each one gets me to where I need to be. The Mighty, Splinter, Fury Edge, and the IQ2 all work for me. They work differently than the TM and from each other, but they get the job done. No drama with any of these devices. Between my different devices I have convection, session, on demand, not so portable, portable. I enjoy the the TM, but there are plenty of other devices that are satisfying and dependable. With the exception of the Splinter there is customer support. Heck, before Ryan closed shop the support for the Splinter was excellent.

Sorry for the rant. I just cannot understand the devotion to this product under the current circumstances.

I'm really starting to agree with you here. At first, yes, I thought he was overwhelmed and I really believed he would adapt and get shit straightened out, but I'm starting to really feel otherwise. It's been long enough where these issues could have been remedied. Or at least, we should have seen something from our end as consumers showing that he/they are at least TRYING to improve. Part of the issue, IMO, is the complete lack of transparency/communication from the company, at least put out an announcement on the home page, do something, to communicate with your customers and let them know whats going on behind the scenes.

For a while I was considering a back up second TM as a back up. I really dont think any of my other ones at this point would truly be able to replace the role the TM has for me, but I would be able to make due without it. Seeing the (seemingly) increasing issues from new shipments, doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about that plan. I've been diversifying my collection a little bit more instead.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
What exactly do you mean with „devotion“? I don't see anyone defending the situation. Being happy with a device that just works does not mean one is blindly in love with it. I described a way to cope with a cs issue, isn't that the right thing to do? Do you prefer us to go around, pat everyone on their heads and go „Oh you poor dog!“ instead? Is that an efficient approach?

You can rant about the company all you want, I don't give a flying fuck, but don't attack others for helping.

Siebter,
Reactions: dzoinp

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
What exactly do you mean with „devotion“? I don't see anyone defending the situation. Being happy with a device that just works does not mean one is blindly in love with it. I described a way to cope with a cs issue, isn't that the right thing to do? Do you prefer us to go around, pat everyone on their heads and go „Oh you poor dog!“ instead? Is that an efficient approach?

You can rant about the company all you want, I don't give a flying fuck, but don't attack others for helping.

Not to speak for @Bazinga but I dont think he was attacking anybody at or saying anything negative about offering help at all. I got the impression he was just speaking in general about the company/product/general defense on this forum and elsewhere. Perhaps by devotion, he meant the continued recommendations of the TM for somebody looking at a new vape, despite knowing all of the ongoing CS issues?

Maybe not on the last couple pages here, I think it's more prevalent in the shipping thread, but there does seem to be a strong defense for the company & complete lack of communication. Myself included - while recognizing there were plenty of issues, I was definitely trying to re assure others that things would get better, hes overwhelmed, backed up due to demand/covid, busy making devices not answering emails, its well worth the wait once you get it you'll forget you ever had to wait... because I really did believe it at the time. Not really sure whats going on at this point, no idea what to make of it.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with helping others. Its a beautiful thing - even with basically non existent support, this thread alone has remedied quite a few issues for users who otherwise, would be having a completely disappointing experience. This thread has been much more useful for CS than the company itself has been, which wouldn't be possible without so many of us willing to help those who are having issues. Of course there's some on here who we cant help - I would not want to be in their shoes right now and feel for those who are.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I don't see much defense of the situation in the shipping thread either – at least not to the point that it's deceptive or anything. Anyone being interested in the TM these days and following this or the shipping thread will be very aware of the situation.

I also think the failure rate of the Tinymight is actually very low, recent order numbers are in the 3000s for the U.S. (at least this number gives us a vague idea how many devices are in the wild). And while that will not help anyone actually having issues with ones device, it's still an aspect that the likelihood of being in need of cs is low. But no doubt, there still is a likelihood. So be aware of that unicorn.

Siebter,

Bazinga

Brian - you answer Siebter for me - thanks !!

Siebter - I have not attacked anyone. Kindly re-read my post. Please look at all the facts and circumstances pertaining to the TM posts. I stated facts as via my own experience and through experiences expressed by others in a multitude of posts. As I'm sure you are aware devotion simply means "love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person, activity, or cause". I'll repeat myself by saying that I just cannot understand the devotion to this product under the current circumstances. Why and how you interpret this comment as an attack on anyone is beyond my comprehension. Possibly one could conclude that it was an attack on the situation. I even apologized for the rant.

No, I do want want anyone "to go around, pat everyone on their heads and go „Oh you poor dog!" Nothing in my post suggests that. I was under the impression that the forum was a place where we could express our thoughts and share some common ground.

So please do not accuse me of attacking anyone without providing any substantiating support for your claim. I have enjoyed, and learned, from many of your posts and hope to continue to do so.

And look - I responded to your post without accusing you of attacking me. Moreover, I didn't have to employ the F word.

BTW - if anyone inexplicably feels that I have "attacked" them, it was not my intent. However if facts hurt their feelings there really isn't much I can do.

Sorry Siebter - hope you can forgive.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Let's try to differentiate between the several aspects a bit. When I praise the Tinymight for its reliability, performance, ease of use etc., then I (and most others) mean exactly that: that the TM is reliable, performs well and is easy to use. It does not refer to the current cs situation. So I can love my TM (which btw is not even my favorite device) and still think the cs is lacking. But I don't have to mention it every time, I don't even was in need of real cs ever – so what am I supposed to say? As for recommendations, I agree that we should always mention the current cs situation, but I think these days it became hard to overlook that things are still not where they should be. Defending the situation is questionable indeed, also because nobody really knows what's going on backstage (still a one man show? does not care? abducted by aliens?). I'm pretty sure in the long run all issues will be solved, but even that is sheer speculation.

Sorry Siebter - hope you can forgive.

I'm sorry too.

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
I've posted positively about the TM because mine does and always has just worked. As Siebter says it performs reliably well and has been easy to use - much easier to use than either of my previous vapes: the FF2+ and the Ghost MV1. I ordered a second TM a few weeks ago, and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have any concerns.

So far my TM experience has been positive, but I acknowledge that could change with the arrival (or potentially with an extra long delay) of my 2nd unit. Hopefully, my order is complete and working just as well as the first. However, until I have any negative experiences - faulty device, bad CS or otherwise - I just stay out of that conversation.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I think waiting times have always been in the 4-8 week range, haven't they? The paying process has become confusing since PayPal refuses to cooperate with the company, but that's also because customers shouldn't have to pay before the device is ready to ship. It's not ideal, but unlike cs issues it's still working.

Siebter,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
I think waiting times have always been in the 4-8 week range, haven't they? The paying process has become confusing since PayPal refuses to cooperate with the company, but that's also because customers shouldn't have to pay before the device is ready to ship. It's not ideal, but unlike cs issues it's still working.
Yes, I believe so largely, outside of the paypal trouble. To clarify, so far I don't have any concrete reason to worry about my 2nd order. It's just a nagging, distant anxiousness that I am not allowing to gain any power.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

I think advertised as 4-6 weeks, with 4-8 being more common? At least since I got into vapes, which admittedly is not too long ago at all. The payment process was a little funny, but at the end of the day that isn't really a big issue imo.

Also to clarify, I love my TM and it probably IS my overall favorite device, if I had to pick one to keep, it would be the TM. It's just very versatile and does whatever I've wanted it to do, without any trouble, ever. Which is exactly why I was considering purchasing a 2nd one incase my original shit the bed. I still am considering that, just not really any time soon, I want to see SOME positive changes on their end before I go through with a 2nd order.

My only personal negative experience with CS was the "out of stock" WPA that was supposed to be included in my original order at the end of June. There was a paper note in the box saying it was out of stock and will ship when its back in stock. I assume its back in stock because I've been seeing people getting them online, but I cant get in touch with TM to get an update on where mine is, despite multiple emails, going through the website, etc.

That, on top of much of what's being shared by others here, is what started giving me doubts about the company side of things. That doesn't take away anything from the device itself. I could sing its praises all day long, and I do, but I almost feel responsible to share the other side of things too. I dont want to assume that people follow these threads religiously and are up to date on all of the latest CS issues, so just saying how great it is may push somebody to buy it, I would feel bad if somebody followed my advice to get one and I didnt mention that there is a reasonable assumption they will have CS issues IF they need it, however unlikely it is.

I'm not trying to paint a picture that everybody who gets a TM is going to have to return the device for repair. I agree with you, overall I think the failure rate is pretty low, all things considered. I just think it's prudent to warn people that in the unlikely event that you need to get in touch with CS, it's not really gonna happen. That can be concerning to some when they're advertising a 10 year warranty.

And finally, my TinyMight rocks, all of the time, every time. It's never once given me an issue, or a less than stellar performance.

Top Bottom