TinyMight / TM 2

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Those of you who needed repair support, how long did it take you to get a reply?

I wrote to him 2 weeks ago and I only got one automatic reply saying they are sorry they can't reply right now.

Is the owner known for not answering his emails?

Been a bit over a month with no response for me. Send an email every week. I communicated with him way back in march and he was much more responsive.

IT'S LIKE DEJA VU ALL OVER AGAIN!

groundhog_day.0.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Not quite following you. The "loose" screen in the last pictures is just for demonstrating the fit. The rimmed screen for the actual mod is secured to the heater screen in the bottom of the stem tube. It doesn't come out.
Sorry, I was just going by the pics and I hadn't read the post yet. I shouldn't have posted. My bad.

cybrguy,
@PossumMD , @eliaz

I can say that he does not respond to me for quite a long time (about 2 weeks) . we often communicated, usually he answered once every 1-4 days, depending on the workload. I hope he's all right .

You’re lucky. Last I heard from him was the 27th of July when he informed me that my initial order was cancelled due to PayPal issues and that if I re-ordered via credit card my place in the queue would be honoured. I don’t it has. Based on the posts from the TinyMight Reddit it looks like orders are going out randomly. It’s a shame because his lack of communication is making people look elsewhere.

Kavix0

It usually takes a few weeks for me to hear anything back. I emailed to ask about my order since I reordered July 20th after the PayPal thing with an initial June 25th order. Sent my email August 3rd to ask if everything was okay since it was still at pending, he emailed back August 15th. My last email response was July 3rd -> July 19th

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
These issues and what sounds like a one.guy operation is.making me nervous and why I haven't pulled the trigger.yet....
Totally feel where you're coming from and even though I've had all the money for weeks I still haven't purchased. I was hoping for domestic availability but that seems unlikely now or at least any time soon. The mail has just gotten so unreliable and dhl just isn't the best option for me so I'm debating on holding off until he works through his backlog. The whole thing has my canine intuition going crazy! I really want one but wonder if right now is the wisest time to order? I'm at least waiting till the end of the month before making a decision one way or another

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Guys, please. So you will have to wait a bit. Is that really that big of an issue? You could of course decide against ordering & waiting, but will that calm your urge? Answer: it will not calm your urge. And yeah, waiting can be a pain, this year I had some interesting nervous breakdowns while waiting for two custom Dynavap stems (USPS just stopped updating their tracking at one point) and an induction heater (got it six months after preordering instead of six weeks). But: when it's finally there, it's there and the relief actually adds very nicely to the satisfaction the item itself will give you. True story.

@Fat Freddy obviously enjoys fucking with everybody's mind every once in a while, just filter this thread for his comments and then just ignore his attempts to spoil the atmo in here.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
The Tinymight is worth the wait if you can. Received mine in March and it took a few weeks. That’s a drop in the bucket compared to another vape I own (which took 17 months to initially get) which has been referenced herein and has a few other threads on FC (including one comparing it to the TM). It’s a small operation. He has some new help in ‘David’ who replied to my last accessories order inquiry. And yes it took a few attempts to email them and receive a reply (I received the auto reply too a couple of times). Ville or The Maker has also replied to me earlier on. Be patient if possible (patience, Frodo). The world is sideways right now, August is a big vacation month (even in Europe), he’s likely slammed with orders, and couriers including the bloated and incompetent USPS aren’t operating well (I ain’t mailing in my election ballot, that’s for sure). If you can wait, it’s truly worth it.

T break extended to today (almost 48 hours now) and can’t wait for work to be done (very soon! - IT seldom sleeps) in which I’ll be grabbing my TM to celebrate the weekend. Cheers. :peace:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
IT'S LIKE DEJA VU ALL OVER AGAIN!

groundhog_day.0.jpg

@Fat Freddy posts like this do not advance the thread, so please only post if you have a contribution to make to the thread besides just cold water.
@Fat Freddy obviously enjoys fucking with everybody's mind every once in a while, just filter this thread for his comments and then just ignore his attempts to spoil the atmo in here.
@Siebter please do not comment publicly about other members posting style. Use the report button and let the staff handle any issues you might have with other members.

Thank you.

:peace:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
@Fat Freddy posts like this do not advance the thread, so please only post if you have a contribution to make to the thread besides just cold water.

So Stu, you feel that my informing the members of FC, in a semi-humorous way, of the experience/history of other FC members with the lacking customer service and communication of any given manufacturer, in this case the Tinymight, is somehow throwing cold water?

I couldn't disagree more with that viewpoint!

The members of FC deserve to have all the information necessary to make an informed decision on their vape purchases, which MUST INCLUDE information about a product, both positive and negative. I feel this is particularly true when the business model is basically a pre-order model, typically only 4-6 weeks waiting time, but nevertheless, the customer must pay for their unit prior to it being built. So when the waiting time expands to months as seems to be happening with the TM at this time, and there is little to no communication from the manufacturer to explain the current delays so that the customer can make an informed decision, then I and many other here call them out, and have called it, poor, if not in fact incompetent business practice. Keep in mind that I have not at any time said or even implied that Ville was operating with malicious intent but rather just basic garden variety, incompetence. Nevertheless, whatever is driving these exceedingly ineffective customer relations is entirely unacceptable and it's the responsibility of the FC members, and even the FC admin, to call them out when they occur. If FC is averse to truth telling then it is simply devolving into just another Trumpian-like organizational culture!

In the meantime, before I throw any more cold water (your words, not mine) I will try and warm it up just a bit before throwing it on subjects that deserve it!

:2c:

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
I agree with @Djsleepy & @Bad Dog. I feel more comfortable waiting until his operation in on an even keel & he gets to a point where he is supplying stock to @khelek41girl or vapefiend. [IIRC, he supplied VF with a small batch(?)] I'd prefer to deal through a US distributor if possible. (@khelek41girl, are you still planning to be a future distributor?) Nothing wrong with being a prudent consumer. I, too, have lived through the Ghost release debacle &, although it worked out well for me personally since I have several (ah hmm :D) well-functioning units, it was angst going through it & I don't want a replay.

Besides, remember I posted that I'd like to get a unit where the design has progressed to include some of the improvements you guys have suggested? Even Troy said in his vid review that he doesn't even have the latest design as some add'l. changes have been made. I have time & patience. At the right time, I will definitely get this vape. For now, I have several vapes I love so I'm not needing, just plain-old wanting as I believe this vape will suit me perfectly. For now, I'm keeping up with the thread, & you thread members have made it so that I can hit the ground running when I do get it. :tup:

@Fat Freddy, you did throw cold water by making the snide (i.e., mocking in an indirect way) meme post instead of just saying directly what you said in your post above mine. That post does advance the thread/conversation.

On another note, & for the record, I take umbrage with, "it is simply devolving into just another Trumpian-like organizational culture!" I totally disagree with your politIcal stance. Why, oh, why can't we just keep things cordial, pleasant & chill :leaf:& just leave politics out of it. 🙏 it only contorts the subject at hand further. :ugh:

*Edited to fix punctuation.

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
So Stu, you feel that my informing the members of FC, in a semi-humorous way, of the experience/history of other FC members with the lacking customer service and communication of any given manufacturer, in this case the Tinymight, is somehow throwing cold water?

I couldn't disagree more with that viewpoint!

The members of FC deserve to have all the information necessary to make an informed decision on their vape purchases, which MUST INCLUDE information about a product, both positive and negative. I feel this is particularly true when the business model is basically a pre-order model, typically only 4-6 weeks waiting time, but nevertheless, the customer must pay for their unit prior to it being built. So when the waiting time expands to months as seems to be happening with the TM at this time, and there is little to no communication from the manufacturer to explain the current delays so that the customer can make an informed decision, then I and many other here call them out, and have called it, poor, if not in fact incompetent business practice. Keep in mind that I have not at any time said or even implied that Ville was operating with malicious intent but rather just basic garden variety, incompetence. Nevertheless, whatever is driving these exceedingly ineffective customer relations is entirely unacceptable and it's the responsibility of the FC members, and even the FC admin, to call them out when they occur. If FC is averse to truth telling then it is simply devolving into just another Trumpian-like organizational culture!

In the meantime, before I throw any more cold water (your words, not mine) I will try and warm it up just a bit before throwing it on subjects that deserve it!

:2c:
Anyone who even casually reads this thread (or the TM shipping thread) is already fully aware of delays and poor communication. Your contributions serve no purpose other than to pile on. This generates reports from members complaining about the piling on, so I do my best to address those member concerns. We aren't hiding anything and your insinuation that we are averse to truth telling I take personal offense with. Feel free to take this up in private with me if you like, but this thread is not the place for such a discussion.

And @Summer is right, let's keep any political discussion out of vape threads. It never ends well. :disgust:

Bad Dog

@Siebter anyone ever tell you that you are a bad influence? You do nothing to quell my vas😉 Do I want one? Yes definitely. Will I pick one up ? Again yes! Just wondering if currently if discretion is the better part of valour. Will the tinymight still be awesome in a couple months? I think it will be. Even if I order today and everything goes perfectly and I have it in 4 weeks it would likely arrive smack in the middle of a month long t break and I'm not sure I could resist taking it for a spin, that would be a travesty to have it in my hands and not be able to use it. At the very least I should wait till my t break is under way before ordering, what a way to end my break honeymooning with a new highly prized vape. The tinymight will give me options I don't currently have but those needs also are a small part of my vaping requirements and can be done without for the next little while, I'm still not planning many day trips where I'll need it right now. I'm anticipating many years of use out of the tinymight so waiting a few additional months isn't overly concerning. Does waiting stink? Yes and I'd much rather be playing with a new vape than holding off and it already feels like forever I've been waiting.

On a related note can anyone recommend a good battery charger from imr? I've been reading in post about the nitecore D2? Though it's currently out of stock, is it a good charger? I'm willing to spend money with something I'll be happy with in the long run, rather than cheeping now. And what's the best method for storing batteries long term? I'm looking to pick up 6 but only using two at a time and I'm hoping to go at least a few years before buying more.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
On a related note can anyone recommend a good battery charger from imr? I've been reading in post about the nitecore D2?
Forgot who posted it, a couple times too, but search for “Mooch” in this thread for a link to a comprehensive comparison of external chargers. I’ve been looking for a new one too. I have a couple of Nitecores, I2 and D4 (maybe D2 and I4, I can’t remember) and they work fine and I’ve had them for a few years. Are they top of the line? No but they get the job done. The 2 slot one though has a balky connector for the cord (my fault) it still works so that’s why I had been looking for another.

I have 3 VTC6’s, one original and 2 from batteryjunction.com. When I got my TM in March many online stores were out of them so I stumbled across batteryjunction. I labeled and rotate them; 3 is enough for my usage so they don’t sit too long charged. Others like yourself may have larger appetites.

And speaking of which, T break (60 hours but who’s counting? :lol:) will be broken after posting this. My dang release went way too long last night and this morning. Yes, the TM will be used! 5+ months and counting owning this vape (DopeCannon(TM) ) and it rocks every single time. Cheers.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Bad Dog — I was basically just trying to suggest a kind of mindset that would make it a bit easier to cope with the situation. Everyone in the end has to make their own decisions and I do respect them fully (needless to say I guess, just saying). @Summer for example summarized well how expectations differ from person to person and how everyone of us is coming from a different place. :-)

If you can't get a Nitecore device, I recommend looking for an Xtar (for example the VC2S / VC4S).

LI IONs as used in the TM should always be stored in a dedicated plastic box so their poles don't touch each other or any other metal objects, that can actually be pretty hazardous. If you store them for longer period of times (several weeks+), I recommend discharging them down to 50-80%, storing them full or empty will shorten their lifetime. Two or three 18650s seems like a more practical # of batteries per device, six is a bit overkill.

Bad Dog

I was only pulling your leg a little. Though I'm leaning towards waiting rest assured there is a small but very loud voice saying Do it, DO IT!

I'm still unfamiliar with 18650 but perhaps my hopes and expectations of longevity are unrealistic and more frequent purchases are just something I'll have to live with. What's the lifespan of a cell with good practices? Is the tinymight harder on batteries than other vapes, being fairly demanding?

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Bad Dog — 18650s can last quite a while, but typically you'd put them out of rotation after about a year when using them daily. I still use the original VTC6 (I recommend to use those, as these are the ones the maker includes) the TM came with plus one I purchased shortly after I got my TM, both still work fine (after ~10 months of usage). The Konion VTC6 is not pricy and pretty available as well, so you don't have to hoard them like a MV1 battery pack or the like.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !

jbm

So I am concerned about the battery performance I am getting from my TM. Using a VT6 charged in a Nitecore new i4, I am getting roughly a bowl per buzz. I am only using on demand mode, level 7-7.5 and getting 4 or so draws per bowl. Vapor and AVB production are good. I have cleaned the battery cap and threads and the ends of the battery. I am currently rotating 2 batteries; one was included with the device and other I purchased from Liion. I actually bought 3 from them, but after reading info on this thread, I’m sticking to rotating 2. Any ideas? Is there something I need to reset?

Top Bottom