Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Back to waiting for my 3.7v batteries to charge for the night, so I popped in a couple of 3.0v and gave my Omi 4ohm cart a spin, and then put my original Rev heat core on there, and fired it up. It looks nice as a complete unit, my 6v mod was not nearly as sleek and fitting. Good to know it still works well. I have been vaping most of the day with the Evo-Lv and really having a good time with it.
rainbow-smiley.gif

jambandphan03,

mephisto

Hey jam, what piece of your arsenal are you using to drive the LV Evo?
I know you did not get that saber yet, just curious....Thanks.

mephisto,

Mflbparox

honestly i feel like the mflb hits harder than this... what am i doing wrong? i hold the battery thing up for 10 seconds then keep holding it while im inhaling for another 10 seconds and barely get any smoke the batteries were fully charged cause i put them in right out from the box and the red core started heating up so i quicky put in a little bud packed it down a little and it filled half the herb cart so i put the evo on top over the o ring but not too far to where i couldnt suck in...then i was doing the 10 seconds and inhale for 10 seconds and the device was just getting really hot and i wasnt getting good clouds -.-

Mflbparox,
honestly i feel like the mflb hits harder than this... what am i doing wrong? i hold the battery thing up for 10 seconds then keep holding it while im inhaling for another 10 seconds and barely get any smoke the batteries were fully charged cause i put them in right out from the box and the red core started heating up so i quicky put in a little bud packed it down a little and it filled half the herb cart so i put the evo on top over the o ring but not too far to where i couldnt suck in...then i was doing the 10 seconds and inhale for 10 seconds and the device was just getting really hot and i wasnt getting good clouds -.-

I would elongate your warm up time to 30-45 secs, I don't know where 10-15 seconds came from, but in all reality it is much longer. This should get ya the clouds you'll want along with a hot hand and some drained batteries. Good luck.

havealight101,

darkrom

Great Scott!

I found my friends who owned the MFLB before this had a real hard time figuring it out at first since it's literally the polar opposite. With the MFLB if its too hot you inhale faster. With this if you are inhaling too slow you wont pull enough hot air over the bowl. I start around MFLB slow and GRADUALLY ramp up the inhale speed until it is significantly faster than my "max MFLB draw". Until I started ramping up the speed I got poor hits. Now I get my best portable hits to date with my T1.

darkrom,

OF

I would elongate your warm up time to 30-45 secs, I don't know where 10-15 seconds came from, but in all reality it is much longer. This should get ya the clouds you'll want along with a hot hand and some drained batteries. Good luck.

What the brother just said. If you think a bit, the only logical reason for not enough vapor (assuming a good machine and good herb in it) is not enough heat. It's clearly not too hot.

There's also another point you might have missed. Heat is built up in the core and must be transferred to the bowl by steadily drawing enough hot air though it before it will get hot enough to vape. I don't notice that step in your technique??? If you're mistakenly trying to inhale this initial 10 seconds or so of hot air being pulled from the heater as vapor production I've no doubt you're not getting much. OTOH you're getting a lot more 'hit per bowl'.....

HL has it right. WASTE BATTERY POWER until you get to know how to work it. Let the heater get good a hot, use medium pull and keep exhaling it until you finally experience the machine at working temperature so you'll know how it performs. Go ahead, waste a hit or two on your education. Then you can cut things back step by step?

OF

2clicker

Observer
I wonder about modding some kind of protective sleeve or tube to keep in your front pocket to slip the Evo into when hot.

i was thinking the same thing. i wonder if any of those pocket cigar humidors or something similar would work well. and keep any smell inside.

i am consistently getting two full bowls vaped to completion on one battery charge. considering that im looking for this unit to be a on the go personal vape for a night out. i feel going out for the night with 2 batteries is plenty. if the trip is longer more cells and maybe the charger as well.

im also finding that this unit can be sorta loud when fully heated and pulling hard. or i mean that the sound of the air flowing through it can be louder than expected. when pulling slow its nothing, but when pulling harder there can be quite the sound. so in this instance it may hurt the stealthness of it. for concert use it would not be an issue. in a movie theater however it may not work.

2clicker,
i was thinking the same thing. i wonder if any of those pocket cigar humidors or something similar would work well. and keep any smell inside.

i am consistently getting two full bowls vaped to completion on one battery charge. considering that im looking for this unit to be a on the go personal vape for a night out. i feel going out for the night with 2 batteries is plenty. if the trip is longer more cells and maybe the charger as well.

im also finding that this unit can be sorta loud when fully heated and pulling hard. or i mean that the sound of the air flowing through it can be louder than expected. when pulling slow its nothing, but when pulling harder there can be quite the sound. so in this instance it may hurt the stealthness of it. for concert use it would not be an issue. in a movie theater however it may not work.

What batteries and set up are you using.

havealight101,

2clicker

Observer
17670s on the Roughstack Maxi... and im not even sure its running at full capacity due to the roughstack switch being a lower amperage...?

2clicker,

OF

17670s on the Roughstack Maxi... and im not even sure its running at full capacity due to the roughstack switch being a lower amperage...?

That shouldn't matter. Switches are opens (no current, no loss) or shorts (full current, but still no loss in the switch) until it fails. The clue is the switch doesn't get hot..... no losses. Eventually, the contacts fail from point loading causing the losses to skyrocket and burning it out on the spot without warning. Or they weld killing the switch. Sometimes heat will distort it past use when losses come. But until then it's a crap shoot and every successful vape is another bullet dodged. If it works, you're getting it all to the heater.

OF

OF,

2clicker

Observer
That shouldn't matter. Switches are opens (no current, no loss) or shorts (full current, but still no loss in the switch) until it fails. The clue is the switch doesn't get hot..... no losses. Eventually, the contacts fail from point loading causing the losses to skyrocket and burning it out on the spot without warning. Or they weld killing the switch. Sometimes heat will distort it past use when losses come. But until then it's a crap shoot and every successful vape is another bullet dodged. If it works, you're getting it all to the heater.

OF

good to know, but the device will get hot towards the end of a bowl.

2clicker,
Know how ya feel, the 6 amp load is huge, my persei's 5amp switch, I guess isn't powering at its full potential... :( . It runs it well enough to work well though. There just isn't many Mods at all that are meant to handle 6 amps. I'm still not seeing where "50" pulls came from...
Has anyone recreated close to 50 pulls on a similar battery that Tim stated? 17670's I think?

havealight101,

2clicker

Observer
Has anyone recreated close to 50 pulls on a similar battery that Tim stated? 17670's I think?

i dont think so. i believe that Tim apologized for posting that info and said that it was the 18650 cell that was getting close to 50 pulls.

i think im going to be ordering an LV Dart kit. that way ive got both the Evo and Dart in LV (currently have 6V Dart) and then ill get the TV device as well. then i can stop worrying about if the numbers match or not.

i am however very interested in how JamBandFans SaberTouch performs though. mostly concerned with the heat transfer.

2clicker,

OF

I'm still not seeing where "50" pulls came from...

This has been addressed several times. It was, it seems, an honest oversight at TV (using a prototype he had to expose to explain triggering all the chatter about 18650 based supplies in the future from TV......).

Nobody is getting 50 full hits from the current supply, nor is likely to IMO.

I see no useful purpose to keep bringing it up. 50 is not a realistic number, 25 is probably closer, but it's really user dependent.

OF

OF,
Ok, ill be done OF, but what 18650 cell could pull that out? If that's true, I'm all over it. If not, I'm going to move on because I don't see the efficiency of this being any better than earlier units... as is. Edit: you know that ol' saying, "same shit, different day"?...

havealight101,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
Ok, ill be done OF, but what 18650 cell could pull that out? If that's true, I'm all over it. If not, I'm going to move on because I don't see the efficiency of this being any better than earlier units... as is. Edit: you know that ol' saying, "same shit, different day"?...

It's better but IMO not enough to justify switching from the T1 to the Evolution. This 18650 looks promising, but its all a game of cat and mouse. I could hold out for the next big battery and the next and the next. At some point we need to just make the buy that feels worth the money. That's why I still enjoy my T1. As for if/when to upgrade that would be very subjective. A battery/vape that lasts 50 hits with herbs....I'll gladly pay for that when the time comes. But I'm sure when there is such a setup, we will NOT miss the publicity of that.

darkrom,

OF

There are a whole host of 3000 mAh 18650 cells out there of different chemistries out there, it's clearly possible as I see it to double what we're getting from the present 1600 mAh one.

Yup, know it. Doesn't mean the shit is any better the next day...or the one after. Opening the discussion was unintentional it seems, Tim was being honest explaining what happened as far as he did. I'll be honest, I don't any more than you. Something is being worked on. I assume they tried for 'double duty' on some prototype by testing the new vape on the prototype supply. Assume, I don't know, but it seems reasonable. That supply is a separate project, it may or may not work out. What happens, for instance, if it works great for 50 cycles and by then it's capacity is down to what the 17670 gives us now? Or the unit it's driving is found to have problems?

The horse is not dead, it's just not ours to beat yet. If the question is 'can you get 50 hits?', the answer is no. And nobody is saying there is, no matter how many times the same question is asked. Or how it's worded.

Can we please be done with it until TV is ready to tell us something further?

OF

OF,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
so i put the evo on top over the o ring but not too far to where i couldnt suck in...
May I ask for clarification on your placement of the cap piece? Are you fully engaging it? I think what may be happening is that you were not expecting as tight a draw maybe and what you are actually doing is sucking cool air around around the heater by not fully engaging the top piece. Does this make sense? Just trying to help . . .

Edit: If I were you I would push that top cap all the way down and start pulling on that thing to make sure you are moving air through the heater core and your medicine.

JoeKickass

If not, I'm going to move on because I don't see the efficiency of this being any better than earlier units...

I use an lv evo on the Persei and can go through about 3 loosely packed bowls until the battery is half drained, if I pushed it I'm sure I could get 5 good bowls out of the 1600mah 18650 but it would be really low by the end of it...

But still this is much, much better than my mflb. I use to carry that with 4 batteries and a charger at all times... With the evolution, I just keep it in my persei box until I feel like having a good ole herb sesh. The performance of the evo compared to the mflb is tremendous, the mflb has a max vape output that is about half of what I would like to take. With the evo I let it heat up 10s, draw really slow until I'm happy with the vape (10-20s more), then just draw like crazy. You can get back to back clouds without thinking, or you can turn it off for a couple seconds, enjoy your previous hit for a while, pre-heat for 5s or so and just keep on vaping.

The efficiency is definitely there, it's just up to you whether you want a few huge clouds or a bunch of small hits.

Top Bottom