Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Everyone,

So ive been doing some testing and calculations about what rating your power supply needs to opperate a Evolution and an Evolution-LV.

The Evo-LV will require slightly more than the standard Voltage, LV is about 6amps, the Standard Voltage is about 4 amps total. Ill continue to test them at different amperages to get more accurate numbers but this should answer everyone questions about how much draw the Evolutions require.

ThermoVape Evolution (6volt): 4amps min
ThermoVape Evolution-LV (3.7v): 6amps min

Cheers,

Tim

OF

I
Also have had a few times now where I pull the cap off, and my herb just dumps out all over, because it was pulled up inside the top of the cap 'overflowing' the chamber. I found gently tapping the bottom of the battery chamber on my desk top (like packing a cigarette) packs it back down enough to keep it from spilling out when I pull the cap off...

Strange as it might sound, the 'pull it up' part is a feature. Or so I'm told. The idea is to fluff stuff up so you don't need to stir. Packing it full to the top keeps it from working right. I think the tap it on the bottom is an excellent solution, I don't seem to have much problem, but maybe my grind is finer?

What you say about the 'fit and finish' is spot on. Those machines of theirs do some mighty fine work, don't they. Don't call in sick or take long breaks, either. Not very interesting to talk to, though, it seems.

Those numbers look good to me. I'm sure they'll help some folks out. Now it's official, you going to put it on the website FAQ (as soon as you invent one...)?

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Sometimes I'm a little slow... :freak:

I realized that I should send in my extra LV heat core back to TV and swap it for a 6v, so while my 3.7v batts are charging, which takes a while, I could be using my 3 sets of 3.0 Lifepo4 batts at 6v. Then I won't have as much down time or might be able to at least see how the 6v performs compared to the LV. I would probably not be worrying about this if my 3rd 3.7v battery was not DOA, leaving me waiting for my other 2 to charge back up. They drain much faster than they charge.

** Just stuck some slightly chunkier pieces in there, to see the difference over med. ground. Still getting excellent results so far. :luv:

I am only loading the 'bowl' about 1/2 full, so that might help some of you out that are loading them full. More conservative too...

jambandphan03,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Ok, Coolness!
So I got mine today! Worked great! 15-20 second heat up from fed-ex man's hands and vaped a nice little 5 hit bowl. Hits were pretty good for the first 3, but it was a tiny load! Nice job team TV!!!!
:ko:=Me

2clicker

Observer
for some reason im envisioning a 5 or 6 bowl unit where the bowl/s assembly looks like a cylinder from a revolver. that way you could pack 5 or 6 loads at once, and then just rotate the cylinder to the next bowl when needed.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
for some reason im envisioning a 5 or 6 bowl unit where the bowl/s assembly looks like a cylinder from a revolver. that way you could pack 5 or 6 loads at once, and then just rotate the cylinder to the next bowl when needed.
Just don't make it in the actual shape of a revolver... Could you imagine the looks from people as you put that in your mouth?:lol:

Stu,

2clicker

Observer
Just don't make it in the actual shape of a revolver... Could you imagine the looks from people as you put that in your mouth?:lol:

yeah that thought crossed my mind a few times

reminds me of the police captain in up in smoke... with the pistol pipe. before turning into a lizard of course.

2clicker,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Strange as it might sound, the 'pull it up' part is a feature. Or so I'm told. The idea is to fluff stuff up so you don't need to stir. Packing it full to the top keeps it from working right. I think the tap it on the bottom is an excellent solution, I don't seem to have much problem, but maybe my grind is finer?
OF,
I just tried Jam's tip of tamping down my partially vaped bowl, and although the draw was more restricted, I got a couple of suprisingly dense hits (much denser that the bowl had been performing prior to the tamp down).

Give it a try yourself and let me know your thoughts afterward.

:peace:

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
@2clicker:
Funny! I have a pipe (made out of gun parts) that does in fact have that same feature! It was known as "the six shooter" It has a neat picture of Freewheelin' Franklin from The Freek Brothers etched on the bottom! :rofl:I'll have to dig it out and post a pic later. It's in a box marked "Combustion Supplies" :puke:

Something like that would be a crazy mod for multi-user sessions, but that takes the whole stealth concept away, I think...

Bluntcrush,
So Jambandphan, what do you think about the Evo for super-stealth vaping? The only reason I haven't picked this up yet is because I'm waiting for some funds to come in, but it looks like the perfect vape for those times when you need stealth. Imagine using this thing at a concert where you have some cover with the crowd but you don't want to be obvious about it either. How do you think it would work in a situation like that?

TheDudeNextDoor,

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
So Jambandphan, what do you think about the Evo for super-stealth vaping? The only reason I haven't picked this up yet is because I'm waiting for some funds to come in, but it looks like the perfect vape for those times when you need stealth. Imagine using this thing at a concert where you have some cover with the crowd but you don't want to be obvious about it either. How do you think it would work in a situation like that?

I can't comment on the Evo per se, but I do own a ThermoVape Rev/DART and a few accessories, and have found that it's a great stealth platform. I've hit it several times walking around my neighborhood, used it effectively @the in-laws on Easter, and plan on taking it with me to Roger Waters The Wall Live in a few weeks.

(:bowdown::bowdown: THE WALL LIVE!!!!!! :rofl::o:rockon::freak::spliff:)

QuantumTimeSpace,

OF

Ok, Coolness!
So I got mine today! Worked great! 15-20 second heat up from fed-ex man's hands and vaped a nice little 5 hit bowl. Hits were pretty good for the first 3, but it was a tiny load! Nice job team TV!!!!
:ko:=Me

Very glad to here it, but noting new here..... Got to love it, don't you? Guy after guy pulling them out of the box and finding instant happiness? "Nice job team TV!!!!!" indeed.

Fun idea, but best plan on water cooling for the frame and battery.....

OF,
I just tried Jam's tip of tamping down my partially vaped bowl, and although the draw was more restricted, I got a couple of suprisingly dense hits (much denser that the bowl had been performing prior to the tamp down).

Give it a try yourself and let me know your thoughts afterward.

I have, and it does give a harder hit the next time (at the expense of total hits of course). Want even more? Take it out and crush it up and put it back.....

All well and good but the idea behind it is to load it and hit it without messing with it.

BTW, slip some bubble in the middle if you want to really change the game....

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country

Stealthwise, I think it is the best one out there yet, for herbs anyway. It's easy to palm, and is small enough. The only problem I could see in a crowd would be pocketing it just after use, it gets pretty hot. Other than that, a good 15 second heat up, and a couple of quick pulls would be pretty easy, esp. in a dark place, like the crowd at a show. No lighters flashing, no big clouds floating over head to give you away (if you don't try for them) and the smell is pretty subtle compared to smoking. Reloading it might be the only main issue in some situations. I have not fully packed my bowl yet, to see what the maximum number of hits can be, so I don't know how it will perform fully loaded. I also have not tested hash bowls. I have been going to shows (concerts/festivals) for many years, used to decorate venues and paint big backdrops for bands and for "theme" concerts and what not...so I have a pretty good idea of what to expect from that environment. It is very stealthy IMO as long as it's not discovered in the shake down on the way in.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
All well and good but the idea behind it is to load it and hit it without messing with it.

OF

Tapping it down isn't really much of a hassle, but it wasn't just to get a bigger hit, but to keep the herb down in the chamber when the cap is going to be pulled off. I had a couple of bowls spill out all over my leg, when I went to change the load, because a bunch of the herb was up out of the chamber into the top of the cap, made a mess and wasted good ABV. I also found after only loading a pinch or so (to be conservative), and hitting it 2-3 times, the vapor would disappear, so I pulled the cap off to check and the bulk of the herb was sucked up to the top, and I was having to get the core really hot to get any vapor off of it. Tapping it back down solved this problem, allowing me to finish the load with out having to drain my battery as much, and wasn't really a big deal to do. The weight of the battery does most of the work, just hold it straight up and down and tap the bottom 2-3 times on a hard surface, to repack the bowl. You don't even have to take the top off unless you want to check it or reload it. I just thought I'd pass the tip along in case other people were having the same issue with it spilling out or not hitting good.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush
I can't comment on the Evo per se, but I do own a ThermoVape Rev/DART and a few accessories, and have found that it's a great stealth platform. I've hit it several times walking around my neighborhood, used it effectively @the in-laws on Easter, and plan on taking it with me to Roger Waters The Wall Live in a few weeks.

Right on! I have flirted with CC-ing it for the very reason that I am seeing Waters perform The Wall next weekend in Tulsa! :rockon: Alas, I've probably waited too long at this point, and I really don't like using credit anyway.

jbp: thanks for the feedback. I wonder about modding some kind of protective sleeve or tube to keep in your front pocket to slip the Evo into when hot.

Cinnamonster

Any chance you'll be going to the L.A. Coliseum on May 19th?!

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Everyone,

So ive been doing some testing and calculations about what rating your power supply needs to opperate a Evolution and an Evolution-LV.

The Evo-LV will require slightly more than the standard Voltage, LV is about 6amps, the Standard Voltage is about 4 amps total. Ill continue to test them at different amperages to get more accurate numbers but this should answer everyone questions about how much draw the Evolutions require.

Cheers,

Tim

Thats awesome Tim.

Appreciating everyones comments so far...

ru_frothi,

OF

I just thought I'd pass the tip along in case other people were having the same issue with it spilling out or not hitting good.

All well and good, I was just responding to the comment 'you should try this' by saying I had but didn't consider it Kosher in it's intended mode and pointing out if you want to mess with it, even bigger 'later clouds' could be yours with the common technique we use elsewhere.

FWIW, I have not spilled any. Perhaps that taints my view? I'm thinking stealth, a key feature I think for most?

It's good that folks should try things and see what works for them and their application.

OF

OF,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
For me it seemed to expidite the caching of the bowl, which did save some battery life I guess. It sure seemed expedient to me. But one bowl does not research make. Much more study is required I'm afraid.

Stu,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
KjnFk.jpg

Here you go, Thermovape...

Top Bottom