Thermal Twist Ball-less Injector Vape

Ariwe

Got to try mine last night and I like it!
The microdose bowl does kill .05 pretty perfectly. I went for 565° F.

Next I tried the hybrid bowl. I kept the temperature the same, definitely a lighter roast. I think turning it up will provide a better extraction.

I’m still exploring the setup but so far enjoying it.

AndyO

I was also just about to jump in this thread and complain about my glass joint breaking in half when I went to remove it for cleaning.

Between the Ruby Twist Ti bowl and the 2 Vapvana bowls, I'm starting to wonder if this hybrid bowl design is just really shit.

I can't even get the bit of glass out to replace it with a different joint to keep using it, I think it's going to need a hammer and maybe a chisel.

Piecho

14mm sits really tight, there is no movement when I try to rotate or pull. So that's why I'm asking.
I assume it just goes straight , and there is no lock. But not sure gow to do it and don't break the glass.

Piecho

Seems like the screen removal is much easier than removing the glass. For cleaning it's enough for me, just a gentle toothpick push.

That's the main complaint I have right now, cleaning of titanium bowl could be easier.

MezzanineBrown

Ruby Twist / Bomb Teal / Dynavap B / Dabpress PID
Yes, I would agree. Got my Ruby Twist head a week ago. Get a very gentle twist, and I mean gentle but it's hard to notice. No complaints from me though! Lower temps get lovely terpy hits and when you then crank it up a bit you get lovely clouds and like you say....hits like a truck! A little stir compensates for lack of twist action.
How coarse/fine is your grind? I switched to a finer grinds and the bud spinz nicely now.

MezzanineBrown,
Reactions: Rodney

Piecho

More notes after some use:

1) Would appreciate 100% glass bowls. Screen is not a lot, but it's always some metal that could be avoided
2) Would appreciate easier to clean bowls. Glass one, or microdise glass one is possible to clean with cottonstick, but it would be much easier if I could just open it in half and clean
3) Quality of the glass could be higher, or just thicker. I managed to break the plug for microbowl dropping from 50cm on the wood floor.
4) Quality of the added brush could be higher. Its rough, metal band was loose from the begining.
5) I still did not manage to remove 14 to 18mm glass adapter in the titanium bowl. Its jut too tight, I'm too afraid to break the glass. Will be just removing the filter for cleaning, not the perfect sollution.
6) Handle could be nicer, it feels cheap

Apart from that, I'm impressed. If you are ok with stationary vape its worth taking a look. I keep using it on 295C for smooth draw and thick clouds. 2-4min from start to use, I just start it before grinding. It's hard to go back to pocket my vape tbh.

MezzanineBrown

More notes after some use:

1) Would appreciate 100% glass bowls. Screen is not a lot, but it's always some metal that could be avoided
2) Would appreciate easier to clean bowls. Glass one, or microdise glass one is possible to clean with cottonstick, but it would be much easier if I could just open it in half and clean
3) Quality of the glass could be higher, or just thicker. I managed to break the plug for microbowl dropping from 50cm on the wood floor.
4) Quality of the added brush could be higher. Its rough, metal band was loose from the begining.
5) I still did not manage to remove 14 to 18mm glass adapter in the titanium bowl. Its jut too tight, I'm too afraid to break the glass. Will be just removing the filter for cleaning, not the perfect sollution.
6) Handle could be nicer, it feels cheap

Apart from that, I'm impressed. If you are ok with stationary vape it’s worth taking a look. I keep using it on 295C for smooth draw and thick clouds. 2-4min from start to use, I just start it before grinding. It's hard to go back to pocket my vape tbh.
Great notes dude. Full agree. Got mine 2 months ago. Loving it. I have had great success with an “espresso and coffee machine cleaning brush” with natural bristles. The paticular one I have is from a brand called “Garemi”

hirmando

Appreciate the notes Piecho. Just grabbed the bundle yesterday. Seems like the micro bowl has been a hit.

Can anyone confirm the Vgoodiez version of the micro dose bowl is listed on their site as "Adjustable Diffuser Pass-Through Chamber by Crossing Technology"? [Edit: Jay from Vgoodiez confirmed]

My Ruby Twist /Ti Twist is finally complete (for now) with a handle from Ali. So much more sturdy. The silicone is a nice idea but needs to be more rigid, I would even sleeve a wood dowel with that silicone grip and it would be amazing, especially as an OEM

How are you enjoying the handle. Any other accessories to recommend for the twist?

Last edited:

MezzanineBrown

Image of leather snap tray and Garemi espresso machine brush ć Ruby Twist

These are two accessories I have really found useful.
The leather snap tray comes in a set of two for around 10$. Great for added protection from the hot coil. The one pictured is the small one.
This Garemi brush, imho, works better than just using the one included for cleaning the included bowl. It’s was about $14.

I for one, do not love the micro dose bowl. It works well but I rarely want a small bowl. I find it scorches easier and I like to lightly vape my bud because I tend to make edibles with it.

I would love to find an XL bowl for it actually. Know of any?

MezzanineBrown,
Reactions: Rodney
Top Bottom