Thermal Twist Ball-less Injector Vape

AndyO

Is there a specific reason the termal and ruby twist don't get much love? Only 4 pages on this thread...
I just found out about those devices and they look promising to me, especially at that price tag <200 $.

I think the ones that get spoken about a lot are working to change and evolve their products. Cannabis Hadware and Vapvana are announcing something new most months.

Everyone who uses the Ruby Twist loves it, especially as a daytime microdose option with the md bowl, but they don't give us a lot of reason to keep talking about them.

Likun

I think the ones that get spoken about a lot are working to change and evolve their products. Cannabis Hadware and Vapvana are announcing something new most months.

Everyone who uses the Ruby Twist loves it, especially as a daytime microdose option with the md bowl, but they don't give us a lot of reason to keep talking about them.
That makes sense. STILL 4 pages seem so little even with that reason! Usually people tend to share their positive thoughts also on this forum or just fan the devices.
Also I couldn't find the "official" website for this vape? Just wanted to see what the original price is. I've found it for 159 pounds on recommendedvapesupplies in the UK.

Likun,

coolbreeze

That makes sense. STILL 4 pages seem so little even with that reason! Usually people tend to share their positive thoughts also on this forum or just fan the devices.
Also I couldn't find the "official" website for this vape? Just wanted to see what the original price is. I've found it for 159 pounds on recommendedvapesupplies in the UK.
It's relatively new and it initially looked pretty unimpressive. They added balls and it seems like that's got it working well. I think initially it didn't compete well with what was available, but after they modified it and made inroads in European stores, it seems like it's found a home. Now it looks like it's the ball vape that's most readily available outside the US besides going the aliexpress route? My point is that it probably will do less well in the US so fewer reviews from here but it may prove itself in Europe and AU where the handful of reviews seem pretty positive.

SirGanjaVapeAlot

I reaaaaalllly can't stand the PoS wannabe handle..... I love the Ti Twist but the handle made out of tape is irksome... Anyone have recommendations to swap it out with?

SirGanjaVapeAlot,

gmocooties

I reaaaaalllly can't stand the PoS wannabe handle..... I love the Ti Twist but the handle made out of tape is irksome... Anyone have recommendations to swap it out with?
I know what you mean! Screwball had the same handle - cut it off and popped a nice wooden one on ASAP :-) I'll admit the rubber (?) handles are comfy to hold though.

There's a whole heap of guys making coil handles: Eds TnT & DFreeZ Designs are a couple off the top of my head. B2CVape on AliExpress (the TIODW guys) also offer a couple of cheap wooden handles that aren't too bad. Most of them should fit the Twist 👍

SirGanjaVapeAlot

I'll admit the rubber (?) handles are comfy to hold though.
Im near positive it's heat resistant foam pieces with heat shrinked cable sleeve on top.

I'll definitely check out those builders! Haven't bought something from Ed in a while but if he has an African blackwood handle for the twist to match my TM stem I'm selling a kidney and making the set.

SirGanjaVapeAlot,
Reactions: gmocooties

gmocooties

Im near positive it's heat resistant foam pieces with heat shrinked cable sleeve on top.

I'll definitely check out those builders! Haven't bought something from Ed in a while but if he has an African blackwood handle for the twist to match my TM stem I'm selling a kidney and making the set.
Ed did a really nice blackwood set for the Flowerpot a little while ago, but it might be a bit excessive if you're only after a handle lol: https://edstnt.com/products/ch-blackout-bundle

Pukka

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who entirely disliked the handle. Replaced it with a spare walnut one from Ali until the one (tigerwood) I ordered from Ed's came in the mail.

SirGanjaVapeAlot

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who entirely disliked the handle. Replaced it with a spare walnut one from Ali until the one (tigerwood) I ordered from Ed's came in the mail.
My VAT is strooooooongg... I managed to not buy the new cage bong combo thing Sneaky Pete came up with, but I saw the Titanium Hybrid Matrix Injector Chamber and with my ultimate globe setup coming in its the perfect final piece. I definitely have to grab one of Ed's handles but it was the injector chamber or the handle... AliExpress it is for now

SirGanjaVapeAlot,

spike71

Well, it has gem-cut rubys instead of balls and also that twist-action thingie... I'm pretty sure. (so indeed not my first ball vape if I think about, hehe) . But the first in that category with a massive thermal battery.

Katalyzer WeHa is also a rebrand?

spike71,

SirGanjaVapeAlot

The Ruby Twist standalone chamber finally arrived. I thought the Ti Twist was amazing as my entry into these desktop vapes, but Holy Canoly the Ruby Twist with the micro dose glass piece is wild. Complete extraction in one hit its effortless. It has cut rubies inside not balls. Need to be very careful when installing they can fall everywhere

I'm zooted. That almost.never happens

Wonderful day ladies and gents

Rodney

Someone was recently asking about titanium bowls for the Ruby Twist, and bugger me if they haven't gone ahead and released one! I had no idea this was coming.

https://vgoodiez.com/products/titanium-injector-chamber-by-crossing-technology-ct7

did you see the review that was left and the reply to the review???

Daniel S.

Sub-Par at Best
This could have been really nice... but it's not. The bowl is WAY too deep, and needs to be about half its current height -- it will never get a good roast like it is. Also, the glass post is off-centered & quite oval-shaped -- so it doesn't sit in any pieces without wobbling like crazy.
Don't waste your money on this trash like I did.

>> {{ vgoodiez }} replied:
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for taking the time to review the product. If you were having problems with the glass or fitment it would have been great if you could have just contacted us so we could address your concerns. We never heard from you on anything before this review but we would be happy to help you if you want to discuss this further.
As for how this is working with your gear, it's made to work with a lot of different products so if it's not working out specifically how you are liking it, perhaps you could let us know what you are using it with? It would be much more productive and useful for folks if they understood what to expect on fitment. It sounds like you were looking for a smaller bowl solution and this is turning out to be a larger bowl for your equipment?
Please email us at sales@vgoodiez.com if you think we can help. We would be interested to know what you are using it with so we could better understand your expectations.

gmocooties

The Ruby Twist standalone chamber finally arrived. I thought the Ti Twist was amazing as my entry into these desktop vapes, but Holy Canoly the Ruby Twist with the micro dose glass piece is wild. Complete extraction in one hit its effortless. It has cut rubies inside not balls. Need to be very careful when installing they can fall everywhere

I'm zooted. That almost.never happens

Wonderful day ladies and gents
Stoked you're enjoying it! That 'new vape' high is always a monster.

I wonder what injector they were using it with? Their 'review' is pretty lacking as far as details are concerned lol. Bummer about the glass joint though (assuming it's actually that bad).

Pukka

I'm waiting for USPS to deliver mine and if, for some reason, it doesn't work correctly, I'll do the one thing first the reviewer didn't do. I'll drop an email query to VGoodiEZ. In years of doing business with them I have never been a dissatisfied customer. Dissatisfied once with product (an Angus stem) and it was replaced the same day.

I like to fairly review (good or bad) products and it really annoy's me when people don't.

SirGanjaVapeAlot

I'm waiting for USPS to deliver mine and if, for some reason, it doesn't work correctly, I'll do the one thing first the reviewer didn't do. I'll drop an email query to VGoodiEZ. In years of doing business with them I have never been a dissatisfied customer. Dissatisfied once with product (an Angus stem) and it was replaced the same day.

I like to fairly review (good or bad) products and it really annoy's me when people don't.
Ditto... I saw it and got so excited and had to pull the trigger... $36 plus a few in shipping I couldn't say no... honestly considering I'm just getting into desktops, I imagine it will do the trick for what I'm looking for, especially since I have the Twist.

I saw a similar matrix bowl from another company that was double the price.... certainly more polished but I am not sure it's justified... I guess we'll soon see!

VGoodiez have always been good to me, if there is an issue I'm sure they will find a way to address it.

Worst case they offer more consistently manufactured glass posts that don't wobble as much to people who bought the first batch if it turns out to be systemic

Last edited:
SirGanjaVapeAlot,
Reactions: coolbreeze

SirGanjaVapeAlot

My Ruby Twist /Ti Twist is finally complete (for now) with a handle from Ali. So much more sturdy. The silicone is a nice idea but needs to be more rigid, I would even sleeve a wood dowel with that silicone grip and it would be amazing, especially as an OEM

Also, this is how the Twists should come. It's just so much more sturdy and it also doesn't fall out of the bowl like it used to

Last edited:

AndyO

I know we're not really supposed to compare devices in these threads, but in the context of a rival product progressively getting worse through the release of rubbish, faulty bowls, a spate of broken PIDs, and poor customer service, I'm even more happy with the trajectory of the Ruby Twist.

I've used it most days since I've had it, cos the microdose bowl is perfect for me throughout the day. Perfect sized hit, perfect flavour. But I've never liked the "normal" bowl, so it's only ever been a micro doser for me.

The Ti bowl arrived this week, and man it changes the possibilities with this device. While it doesn't seem to thrive on loads bigger than 0.15, and you're risking contact with the injector if you load much more than that, it's extremely capable of big, heavy hitter rips now. And there's no real finesse or technique to it - just turn it up as hot as you think is reasonable (then give it another 10 degrees F), give it a heat soak, and rip it hard. I don't find myself needing to stir, cos I'm using enough convection and conduction that I'm cooking the bowl in one draw anyway.

You obviously lose the visual twist aspect, but it's more than worth it. A tremendous update to the device, and it's even crazier to me now that VGoodiez are selling the Ruby Twist for $200 with the Ti hybrid bowl. I said it before and I'll say it again - if you're on the fence with the Ruby Twist, you should be balls deep into this deal.

Top Bottom