Thermal Twist Ball-less Injector Vape

Rodney

I have a range of ball vapes, but this (Rubies Twist) suits my current tolerance perfectly with the microdose bowl and macrodose bowl. It's just so convenient if you don't want two ball vapes plugged in at the same time.

I know the microdose bowl makes it work so much better with less herb. I tried the bowl you get with it and it is not great with small amounts. What temperature do you use?

Rodney,
Reactions: lluther

lluther

I know the microdose bowl makes it work so much better with less herb. I tried the bowl you get with it and it is not great with small amounts. What temperature do you use?
I use 275c with the Microdose bowl, and 310c with the Macrodose bowl.

lluther,
Reactions: Rodney

AndyO

My RT just arrived and it is so so good. I ran it at 330 with no combustion with the microdose bowl with no combustion but then read the microdose bowl needs to be used at 275C lol

The bowl you get with it ti says to run at 330C but i feel like just running it at 330C with the microdose bowl until ti combusts then run it lower :D

what temps are you using @AndyO ??

I run mine on 550F when using it with the microbowl. Which is 287C. First I've heard of that 275 suggestion!

lluther

I run mine on 550F when using it with the microbowl. Which is 287C. First I've heard of that 275 suggestion!
I actually just followed the recommendation below from RVS UK who sells them, I've tried other temps but I kinda also like it the same as them too.

"we tend to use it at around 275C or 527F. "

lluther,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Rodney

This is the Tinymight2 XL glass stem with the RT at 315C - using the tiny rimless basket screens I got with the microdose bowl.

sorry about the image orientation :)

If I am completely honest the RT with the original bowl feels much like the Arizer EQ with the original bowl. It is only when you use the microdose bowl or a stem that puts the herb close to the heater it then becomes something much better. I would rather just use my TM2 if I never had the microdose bowl.

Am currently messing around with some small metal rings and trying to get one to fit high up on the original bowl so i can put a screen there and se how it works then.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

This is the Tinymight2 XL glass stem with the RT at 315C - using the tiny rimless basket screens I got with the microdose bowl.

If I am completely honest the RT with the original bowl feels much like the Arizer EQ with the original bowl. It is only when you use the microdose bowl or a stem that puts the herb close to the heater it then becomes something much better. I would rather just use my TM2 if I never had the microdose bowl.

Am currently messing around with some small metal rings and trying to get one to fit high up on the original bowl so i can put a screen there and se how it works then.
A short time later...
download.gif

lluther

I feel with you with regard to the height of the herb in the standard bowl, I'd be interested to find a shorter bowl that still lets the baller head sit in it without needing holding.

lluther

Could someone who has the TKO glass bowl and either Thermal or Rubies Twist post a pic of how deep it goes into the chamber and also it being handfree? Thanks in advance!!!!

lluther,
Reactions: Rodney

Dopamine

Don’t have pics, but the Ruby twist goes all the way down and leaves maybe 3/16 inch of flower. Easily holds 1/4 teaspoon without touching the head. Best fitting bowl that I have for the RT.

AndyO

I know it's not a glass bowl, and I've only tried it just now with no flower in the ball - but the Ruby Twist stays upright in the Screwball bowl hands free. It's going all the way to the bottom, "through" the herb and resting on the screen here.

edit: think I figured out the image!

edit 2: in the interests of science and research I put some flower in the bowl and had a rip, works fine. Came out a good colour, but it was a bit harsher than I'm used to with the Ruby Twist.

Last edited:

Rodney

Had this a week now and it is all I have been using. I use the micro dose bowl at 310 and the big bowl at 350. I like my AVB black but it is not combusting.

I did so many different tests with both bowls at all different temperature and can get the micro dose bowl to 330 and it combusted 1 time but that was because I kept ripping and ripping on it for ages.

The bowl you get with can be used with tiny amounts successful but you need to put the temperature up a good bit to get results that sort of match the micro dose bowl but just feels better with the small bowl, am sure it is because of the basket gauze and as it is all enclosed.

So much fun messing around and getting high using this and look forwards to getting the screwball in a few weeks :D

sickmanfraud

What temperatures do you use if using a Thermal twist with a Tinymight stem?

The TM stem seems to fit very nicely. I don't want combustion.

I went up to 285C with minimal vapor.

SirGanjaVapeAlot

Finally get to join this chat. Just grabbed the Ti Twist.

Totally new to the table top gang, upgrading from a volcano hybrid.

Grabbed the Ruby Twist and the microdosing injector. Wanted to really get to experience a ball vape and the original.

Does anyone have any tips for cooling down the vapor? I use a glycerin filled attachment for the Volcano to cool it down but haven't seen much like this for ball-less or ball vapes.

Good to be back on FC

hausland

I received my Thermal Twist yesterday and got on it right away…first impressions: fantastic flavour with very strong effects…lots of vapour production, fast heat up, even roast…looks like it delivers.

I haven‘t used a ball vape yet, so can‘t compare in that direction, but from the point of view of what I‘m getting here for the price paid (just under 200€ from RVS in the UK, which is very cheap for an injector style desk vape here in Europe), this thing is excellent value-for-money.

Now I wonder if it is worth adding the Ruby Twist Injector into the mix as well. Any thoughts on/experiences with these two are welcome.

Likun

Is there a specific reason the termal and ruby twist don't get much love? Only 4 pages on this thread...
I just found out about those devices and they look promising to me, especially at that price tag <200 $.

Last edited:
Top Bottom