Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

TedJones

I have another question what size bowl are you guys using. When I first got the Ta3 the screen wasn't pressed all the way down to the bottom of the bowl with the little screw down there and I was a little disappointed about the size of the bowl. I then combusted and had to give her a through cleaning, while this is where I noticed the screen was down completely and that there is a metal spring at the bottom and I've since pushed the bowl all the way down. Now I'm like holy cow this bowl is huge. So I was curious on what size bowl you guys had yours set to
I was confused about that screen positioning ring as well when I first discovered during a cleaning! Thought the bowl was a bit small at first too. I’ve taken mine out to use all the space :freak:
I'm not sure if anyone else has changed their TA to having rubies, so the heat up advice I'm going to guess will be a bit different than the default setup.
Just used some recently for about a week. They need a little more heat imo. Didn’t improve taste or extraction for me ;)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have another question what size bowl are you guys using. When I first got the Ta3 the screen wasn't pressed all the way down to the bottom of the bowl with the little screw down there and I was a little disappointed about the size of the bowl. I then combusted and had to give her a through cleaning, while this is where I noticed the screen was down completely and that there is a metal spring at the bottom and I've since pushed the bowl all the way down. Now I'm like holy cow this bowl is huge. So I was curious on what size bowl you guys had yours set to

I also realized my bowl must be set smaller from the default as it arrived, never tried to mess around with it yet, it is small but I don't know if I mind yet? I still should try larger at some point though, I have not tried to restrict my air flow at all with TA3, have kept it stock wide open as well... Hard to want to tinker with these kind of things honestly, variables!

kegstandman420

I have another question what size bowl are you guys using.
I am also confused about the bowl screen on my ta3. I got the little wood piece but it seems to only push the screen down this far. There's a little space below that, but the piece of wood doesn't get it down there. I reached out to vgoodies and they said the ta3 only has 1 bowl size? Can/should I push this screen down farther? Nothing is below it like a spacer. TIA!

Retr0grad3

I can't help but to take everything I get apart immediately. I have to see what is going on as to how things work. I read elsewhere that rubies took someone else longer in their Ta3 to heat up and wound up going back to the stock boro. I'm having a hard time. I combusted twice today. Both times were reheating. I've been doing 25 sec heat ups with the big shot and getting pretty decent results, but my avb would stick together,(which is usually a sign the bowl isn't finished) and the bottom and edges we still kinda green while the top and middle were well done.

Retr0grad3,

TedJones

I can't help but to take everything I get apart immediately. I have to see what is going on as to how things work. I read elsewhere that rubies took someone else longer in their Ta3 to heat up and wound up going back to the stock boro. I'm having a hard time. I combusted twice today. Both times were reheating. I've been doing 25 sec heat ups with the big shot and getting pretty decent results, but my avb would stick together,(which is usually a sign the bowl isn't finished) and the bottom and edges we still kinda green while the top and middle were well done.
Sounds like you’re almost there. I’d try getting the bright blue flame closer to the cap if possible. Should glow from red to bright orange a little quicker too. I’m usually around 20 seconds using normal routine. I like a really light pack with mostly open air up top too for most times.

Shit Snacks

PXL-20240906-223420732.jpg

Got another new dry pipe that is pretty perfect for TA, this one by PharrowGlass in Hawaii (I also have the inductor I won in the contest finally so I need to open it up and test it out too... Still using the stock smaller bowl size until I open it up to switch, had a nice bowl with a little hash on the herbs too!)

BubbleDrop

Got another new dry pipe that is pretty perfect for TA, this one by PharrowGlass in Hawaii (I also have the inductor I won in the contest finally so I need to open it up and test it out too... Still using the stock smaller bowl size until I open it up to switch, had a nice bowl with a little hash on the herbs too!)
Where can we find this WPA ?
I'm using the OCWW Inception stem with my TA3 but I'd like to get a proper WPA like the one you're using.

BubbleDrop,

Shit Snacks

Where can we find this WPA ?
Got some new glass and finally felt motivated to break in test out TA-3!
PXL-20240610-060025228.jpg

PXL-20240610-045416128.jpg

Hookahhead made these (check his thread and reach out if any of those steals are still available) 18 mm hammer and 14 mm squat lock
@Hookahhead_MD makes nice ones like this in various colors...
(glass WPA is from osgree on DHgate)
Surprised with how well this^ one from China has been working though!

Top Bottom