The Toad from Morwood

kokolokokolokon

Love the toad, maybe Next time i'll try to get in the waiting list
I have been reading this post since day one, and the "there is no list for this" and them boom! 15 toads on the Road
How much is the toad at the end? 300$?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have been reading this post since day one, and the "there is no list for this" and them boom! 15 toads on the Road
How much is the toad at the end? 300$?

None of us in the first 15 had any expectation of being in the first 15, or even on a list at all. It came as a complete surprise to every one of us! None of us knew until months later when Dan reached out with the first batch announcement, where he explained the process and how we were selected.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
I been holding off getting in on the list. As I didnt even expect 15 in the first batch. I was thinking like 5 lol. Especially having a 1 and waiting on my 2 But now that I know. Batches of like 15 are coming and the price is more doable I'm totally down. That being said @Dan Morrison add me as well. Maybe being on a new list will distract some from my batch 3 wait. Lol. All 15 came out stunning and I'm totally ok being completely in the dark about the one Id get. Congrats on the people who landed in the first batch and got their picks. Originally i wanted to do a custom sleeve for my 1 but decided against it prefereing to go with the more instant gratification. Still tempted to harass Dan for a 2nd custom sleeve for it but not sure hell have the time. Pumped to see what the future designs are and cant wait to try the new heater.

Last edited:

Hagbard Celine

Wow, I know I came across this thread and probably read some of it..but I guess I had no real idea of what was going on here or I would have chimed in LONG AGO. I even saw some of the IG posts but still didnt put it all together...

Anyway this is to say I am officially VERY INTERESTED in getting a Toad whenever I come up on the list. I have been on the Nomad II list since last year (paid at the end of 2020). But I am in Batch 3 and I've come to realize it's going to be quite a wait yet. I thought I was being patient until I finished reading this thread ...:lol:

Aryeah

Vape Man
I am pretty sure there is no list for Toads. I don't think Dan has made a decision on how he is going to drop the next set yet.

Aryeah,
Reactions: Ramahs

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I wont lie, the TOAD has stolen my attention since being informed I had an opportunity to land one.
I've become infatuated and have not even held it yet!

Batteries just arrived... I got a stack of tried and true, new Molicel P26A batteries, and also trying some EPOC 25P batteries as they were on sale. Adding 8 fresh 18650s to my previous lot.

games-loaves0t

I wont lie, the TOAD has stolen my attention since being informed I had an opportunity to land one.
I've become infatuated and have not even held it yet!

Batteries just arrived... I got a stack of tried and true, new Molicel P26A batteries, and also trying some EPOC 25P batteries as they were on sale. Adding 8 fresh 18650s to my previous lot.
Out of curiosity do you find the Molicel P26A batteries to be the best? I’m just getting into battery portables and recently ordered some Samsung 20S batteries.

games-loaves0t,
Reactions: Xclerk

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Honestly, this is the first time I've tried anything else... I am not one to experiment with my wallet, so I always bought Molicel p26a based solely on others recommendations. Now that I have some EPOC's, I can compare and see how they perform next to a cheaper alternative.

I am really curious how demanding the TOAD is on batteries. With fresh packs, I was getting 4 fully extracted bowls per battery on my P80. With old and tired batteries, I only get two bowls per battery.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Honestly, this is the first time I've tried anything else... I am not one to experiment with my wallet, so I always bought Molicel p26a based solely on others recommendations. Now that I have some EPOC's, I can compare and see how they perform next to a cheaper alternative.

I am really curious how demanding the TOAD is on batteries. With fresh packs, I was getting 4 fully extracted bowls per battery on my P80. With old and tired batteries, I only get two bowls per battery.

Did you make a decision on the heater? I went high. I didn't even consider it, but I wonder how the energy consumption would compare to the low heater. I would think less, but then again, you would have to apply power for a longer period of time to get to the same extraction level you would get with less time on the high heater....

I'm pumped about the Toad, trying not to think about it much while I wait though lol.

Vaporware

Out of curiosity do you find the Molicel P26A batteries to be the best? I’m just getting into battery portables and recently ordered some Samsung 20S batteries.

Last time I remember @Dan Morrison posting about batteries he was using and liking P26As, so I’d take that as a pretty strong recommendation for them with Nomads and Toads at least.

If there’s something new that looks good on paper though, it might be worth a shot. :)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Did you make a decision on the heater? I went high. I didn't even consider it, but I wonder how the energy consumption would compare to the low heater. I would think less, but then again, you would have to apply power for a longer period of time to get to the same extraction level you would get with less time on the high heater....

I'm pumped about the Toad, trying not to think about it much while I wait though lol.

In my personal experience with both high and medium heaters with my Nomad I (I don't think he made a low heater...just high and medium), the high can do both the jobs that the medium and high do (depending on technique), but the medium cannot do the job that the high heater does, no matter how long you hold the button.

Vaporware

@Ramahs When Dan first started making a second heater he called the new one “high/medium” and the original “medium/low”, and then he tested a “medium” which I think is actually the new “high” or something close to it? I think the current “low” is still the original “low/medium”.

Hopefully that made sense, and maybe Dan can sort it out if I got anything wrong. :)

Top Bottom