The Toad from Morwood

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Screenshot-20240726-151650.png

Screenshot-20240726-151630.png

@GoodVibesBoro making me my perfection with blue satin to match my own toad :D:bowdown:
I’ll need something like this when mine arrives Snacks. Don’t want to order ahead and jinx myself, need Toad in hand first. Shouldn’t be long now.

RedZep

Please excuse my ignorance. But I can't fine much info on how this thing operates. Is it similar to a TM2 in function?

Each piece being an individual piece of art is not lost on me. They are very beautiful.

VirginVape10X

Hello All,

I’m part of Batch 13 and am seeking reassurance on when I’ll likely be able to enjoy this work of art. For those of you who have a Toad, how long after payment did it arrive at your doorstep? Planning to use this waiting period to learn more about the device, how to optimize it’s performance, maintenance/cleaning and accessories. TIA

VirginVape10X,

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I won a raffle for a Toad from either batch 11 or 12 and paid for it in February, but am still waiting. Was hoping to have it early in July, but unfortunately Dan had a few emergencies recently (injury in March, spouse injury in July) so progress has slowed. Hope to see it by the end of the year, but no sure how long recovery will take.

Hope Dan and his spouse are able to rest and recover soon!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Hello All,

I’m part of Batch 13 and am seeking reassurance on when I’ll likely be able to enjoy this work of art. For those of you who have a Toad, how long after payment did it arrive at your doorstep? Planning to use this waiting period to learn more about the device, how to optimize it’s performance, maintenance/cleaning and accessories. TIA
Batch 12, paid end of April. Dan said in the email then that he wasn’t quite finished with that batch and that it would take a few months to finish and ship. Patience Grasshopper, patience. 😬

Electrofever

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Just want to check in and share a pic of my Toad (#142 from batch 10). Absolutely loving it as I have been daily driving it for a month now along with the stem from high artisan.
Thank you for sharing, I would be surprised if I was the only one appreciating a lovely Toad in the wild :cool:The green painting is really nice and the picture is great, your Toad really seems to be in its element !

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Just want to check in and share a pic of my Toad (#142 from batch 10). Absolutely loving it as I have been daily driving it for a month now along with the stem from high artisan.
Stunning, the sleeve finish makes it look like it's made from patinated copper 😮
Congrat's on this score!

Hagbard Celine

What are those stems ? Doesn’t seem to be the original ones, they look nice ! And that glass piece, is it the bowl that goes facing the heater ?

Those stems were custom made for me by Alan Gray (maker of the HI / Toasty Top / GTR). The glass tip is indeed the bowl that goes into the heater. I posted some additional pictures and wrote about them in post # 1734 of this thread. Take a look, and if you have any other questions let me know.

One additional update to that post is that the maple burl stem in those pics has unfortunately broken after a couple of years use :( And it wasnt the glass tip that broke, as you would expect, but the actual tip of the wood where the glass tip is inserted. I think the glass tip was on that stem VERY tightly (made even more tight by some sticky resin buildup that kinda glued the glass tip onto the stem). When I went to remove the glass tip one day for cleaning, it completely snapped the wood off at the tip (I think the maple burl wood was not the strongest wood to use for this application either :doh:)

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I won a raffle for a Toad from either batch 11 or 12 and paid for it in February, but am still waiting. Was hoping to have it early in July, but unfortunately Dan had a few emergencies recently (injury in March, spouse injury in July) so progress has slowed. Hope to see it by the end of the year, but no sure how long recovery will take.

Hope Dan and his spouse are able to rest and recover soon!
Got an update last week, sounds like Dan and spouse are on the mend! My toad should be shipping out soon, really excited to try it out, it’ll be my first fully manual vape since the MFLB!

Last edited:

stonedBBer

Got an update last week, sounds like the Dan and spouse are on the mend! My toad should be shipping out soon, really excited to try it out, it’ll be my first fully manual vape since the MFLB!
Hopefully he checks insta dms . Line of people waiting to pay him (hint me I'm the line lol)

Electrofever

Those stems were custom made for me by Alan Gray (maker of the HI / Toasty Top / GTR). The glass tip is indeed the bowl that goes into the heater. I posted some additional pictures and wrote about them in post # 1734 of this thread. Take a look, and if you have any other questions let me know.

One additional update to that post is that the maple burl stem in those pics has unfortunately broken after a couple of years use :( And it wasnt the glass tip that broke, as you would expect, but the actual tip of the wood where the glass tip is inserted. I think the glass tip was on that stem VERY tightly (made even more tight by some sticky resin buildup that kinda glued the glass tip onto the stem). When I went to remove the glass tip one day for cleaning, it completely snapped the wood off at the tip (I think the maple burl wood was not the strongest wood to use for this application either :doh:)
Thank you for your precision about your stems :) I’ll be giving it a look right now !

Top Bottom