The Toad from Morwood

fangorn

Thanks! What are 'the handles'?
ah.... :doh:
it's not always fun being French speaking and using google translate... I'll have to stop using it and trust myself... but since I'm always stoned when I come on Fc... it's is the easy way out!

"the handles" are "the sleeve" you were talking about...

So...

"it's not "recommended" to wax the sleeve. it's more for wood. but you can put some on the washi occasionally, it doesn't hurt them!
personally, I apply a micro layer when I wax the wood!"

namasteIII

Ok thanks. Haha I don't want to ask this one but sleeve also = washi no?

I take it you don't have to do it, but you put a tiny bit and it doesn’t hurt.

namasteIII,
Reactions: fangorn

fangorn

Yes it is, the sleeve is made with washi.

I take it you don't have to do it, but you put a tiny bit and it doesn’t hurt
Exactly !!

In fact, I don't think the wax can penetrate the washi paper... or it's really negligible....
but every time I took time for maintenance, he got a little wax on the wood and washi.

I am much more concerned about the maintenance of the Nomad milk paint... than the maintenance of the washi.
I've had my toad lichen for 26 months and... it looks like the washi is new.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm taking advantage of it... I'm coming back to my glass stems. I received the last two!

(High Artisan - Good Vibes Boro - Goods Vibes Boro - custom High Artisan - custom High Artisan)

I'm going to stop shopping there! I am very happy !

The one on the far left is driving me crazy! It's the most expensive, the most bulky... but aesthetically it's crazy! Depending on the light, it can be all yellow or all blue... it's psychedelic!

second from left is my favorite in terms of restriction and vapor density

the middle one is cool/funky. but it doesn't bring much in terms of use.

The fourth and fifth are similar. I love the shapes of the two mouthpieces.
I like that they are short.

the fourth is my favorite of the 5.

This one will go perfectly with my Toad Lichen!
and by the way, it is my favorite in terms of rendering (density of flavor, resistance to drawing, taste and heat). It's not the one I prefer aesthetically, but its qualities will mean that I will use it a lot!

Last edited:

brucepatty

fangorn youre putting this thread on your back, a true OG

Do you understand English like reading and you’re using the translator just to talk and type ? Or are you posting all our reply’s into Google translate also ?
Either way it’s impressive. Do you use a lot of concentrates with your toad ? Or only flower ?

fangorn

fangorn youre putting this thread on your back, a true OG

Do you understand English like reading and you’re using the translator just to talk and type ? Or are you posting all our reply’s into Google translate also ?
Either way it’s impressive. Do you use a lot of concentrates with your toad ? Or only flower ?

we're here, that's for sure!

I use an automatic translator. that I cancel if I don't understand a translated sentence or if I feel like I'm missing a nuance.
usually it works, but I've had 2-3 surprises lately!!
this computer gymnastics combined with my THC consumption makes me waste a lot of time!!

As for concentrates, I stopped consuming them shortly after discovering... not for me, I like flowers too much!

I don't even think I tried with the toad.
I made a lot of hash and CBD flower sandwiches last summer. it worked very well.
if I used it with concentrates it would be upside down with a j hook.
Are you planning to use yours with concentrates?

I don't know if there are other users who use it with concentrates?

Dan had discussed and thought about a radiator, or a modular system for concentrates... but it remained an idea!

Electrofever

I came to visit my parents a few days, and a few minutes after unpacking, I realized I forgot my travelling box, with my DV, Anvil and TA… being in panic mode (I think I should have a clean DV in my car at all time) I remembered I took my Toad :bowdown: So, I’ve been using it exclusively for a few days, which I think is a very good way to get to know your gear ! I must say, I am really impressed by the way this vaporizer works. I go the way Dan suggested, 6 sec heating, 6 sec inhaling while heating and 6 extra sec without any heating. And that for the first two draws, then as you will :) I do find it is best to change the battery quite often, like every 3 or 4 bowls. And once you get a good hang of it, you know it by the heat of the vapor in your mouth. I am really impressed by this little Toad:D

My savior !

Ducks and a Toad 🐸

rblnrl

Hi —

New user here, but experienced vaper. Coming from a Legacy Pro — a ?: are ‘clouds’ really not the way of this vape? Have the high heater, but while I get a nice bit of vape if I hold the button to preheat for 10 secs, then inhale while holding another 8 secs or so, it’s quite different from the Legacy at a high (say 390+) heat.

Thoughts appreciated, thanks.

rblnrl,

namasteIII

Try slowing down your inhale while also going less aggressive on the heat, at least at first so you don't combust. Used a fully charged battery. Clean the contacts if you think you have to. Grind fine but not to fine but as consistently as possible. Don't tamp or do the lightest of tamps if desired. I also like to not use the straw vacuum method and instead use a funnel to load the herb. This makes the pack and airflow through the herb more consistent and a bit looser.

Lastly keep at it. Theres a technique but the you will get it. You can definitely get clouds.

Flower thats on the drier side helps too.

rblnrl

Hi —

New user here, but experienced vaper. Coming from a Legacy Pro — a ?: are ‘clouds’ really not the way of this vape? Have the high heater, but while I get a nice bit of vape if I hold the button to preheat for 10 secs, then inhale while holding another 8 secs or so, it’s quite different from
the Legacy at a high (say 390+) heat.

Thoughts appreciated,
Try slowing down your inhale while also going less aggressive on the heat, at least at first so you don't combust. Used a fully charged battery. Clean the contacts if you think you have to. Grind fine but not to fine but as consistently as possible. Don't tamp or do the lightest of tamps if desired. I also like to not use the straw vacuum method and instead use a funnel to load the herb. This makes the pack and airflow through the herb more consistent and a bit looser.

Lastly keep at it. Theres a technique but the you will get it. You can definitely get clouds.

Flower thats on the drier side helps too.
Thanks for the info. Not packing tight at all, and grind level should be ok. Def not combusting - light brown result at best. Will keep ‘working’ on it :)

Duba

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the info. Not packing tight at all, and grind level should be ok. Def not combusting - light brown result at best. Will keep ‘working’ on it :)
I'd start by cleaning all the connectors, including the button. It's easy to do, the instructions are very clear and detailed here (first post):

It's more important than it seems with the Toad.
Once it's ready to use, and with your own right technique, it's perfectly capable of producing good milky clouds, with a well-charged battery, as it's quite power-hungry (It's a good idea to change batteries every 3 or 4 sessions at most, to keep the same intensity.)
IMG-20240725-120206.jpg

Toad69 in the garden with a High Artisan glass stem.

BuGDaSNuff

I'd start by cleaning all the connectors, including the button. It's easy to do, the instructions are very clear and detailed here (first post):

It's more important than it seems with the Toad.
Once it's ready to use, and with your own right technique, it's perfectly capable of producing good milky clouds, with a well-charged battery, as it's quite power-hungry (It's a good idea to change batteries every 3 or 4 sessions at most, to keep the same intensity.)
IMG-20240725-120206.jpg

Toad69 in the garden with a High Artisan glass stem.
a beauty

farf

Smells like popcorn
Hey all. Served a long time on the wait list and I finally got my number on the last batch. Was wondering if the TinyMight and Toad had the same outer diameter for stems? I'd like to get some cooling stems before it gets here but most makers seem to have TM stems in stock more often than ones specific for the Toad. Thanks in advance!

farf,
Reactions: simba

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hey all. Served a long time on the wait list and I finally got my number on the last batch. Was wondering if the TinyMight and Toad had the same outer diameter for stems? I'd like to get some cooling stems before it gets here but most makers seem to have TM stems in stock more often than ones specific for the Toad. Thanks in advance!
Toad stems have an outer diameter of about 14mm. Tinymight is around 16mm.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah not at all the same size, you're just lucky that toad stems are even being offered now after all the TM stems! (many more people have a TM than a Toad of course)

fangorn

@farf

and... for your information, if you just got your number, you have about six months to wait before receiving your Toad.

That gives you time to catch plenty...

you even have time to have a personalized one made if you want...

High Artisan often has them. Currently he has two in stock.
I grabbed one of the red ones....

And the ones that Dan offers in wood are also magnificent...

farf

Smells like popcorn
Thank you guys!

I know the function is designed similarly (straw over a coiled heater) and the stems look very alike without close measurement. I think in the end I'm going to have a few custom stems made now that I know the exact diameter of the Toad's bore. Got a few glass ones to use when I placed my order as well as the blackwood option from Dan so I'm pretty set on variety. I just like art glass so knowing the measurements will help me get customs made by a wider variety of artists I like.

Electrofever

Hi —

New user here, but experienced vaper. Coming from a Legacy Pro — a ?: are ‘clouds’ really not the way of this vape? Have the high heater, but while I get a nice bit of vape if I hold the button to preheat for 10 secs, then inhale while holding another 8 secs or so, it’s quite different from the Legacy at a high (say 390+) heat.

Thoughts appreciated, thanks.
From what I got to experience, it’s all about heat retention. If you follow the basic 6 sec / 6 sec / 6 sec (for a low heater, 3 sec of high heater), that last 6 sec is about emptying the heat in the heater. But if you lower that 6 sec to 5 or 4, that little heat will remain for next heating cycle, and it’s that heat that will give that extra clouds. But it can lead to combust aswell. And obviously, you can heat longer, and inhale speed (rather slow) is a factor aswell. That’s why I find this kind of vape being ‘organic’, you really must feel everything going on. And then the magic happens :)
I agree with @Duba about batteries, and I realize now I never dearly cleaned my toad up to now. Maybe I could give it a go !
And thinking now, I remember someone ‘feathering’ the button, that seems a way to go too :sherlock:

Top Bottom