Discontinued The Timber Elite by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I've got one pre-assembled, Timber Black-n-Tan that remains UNSOLD. Normally the B-n-T's are custom built, but I wound up building two units, so I can sell this guy at single hardwood pricing (with sale 15% off). Math isn't my strong point, but that I think that's about $250, and I'll throw in free shipping. This will be part of the *August Batch*.

Email (michael.stefano@gmail.com) or PM me if you'd like any more info.
20190909-172135.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Really taking a look around my shop today, as I prepare material for the fall. I am loving blends once again, and today I put together a couple of very unique Cherry / Walnut and Maple / Walnut units, with varied patterns.

I am going to drop the Black n Tan price to the same as Walnut and Cherry, as well as adding Waple (walnut and maple) to the list. I've added these options to the Vapwood.com store, and the 15% off code is: DOGDAYS

Bravesst,
Reactions: cannasoor

nonbeliever

It’s been quite a while since I’ve popped in here. I sure hope everyone is faring well in this lunacy. Mike, I hope you and your wife are surviving being in the middle of the worst!

I can’t believe it’s been a whole year with my Tall Boy Timber!

8DF5ADD0-2E56-4741-BF5E-926FC86DBACD.jpeg

Except for a brief visit to the doctor, it has been and continues to be my daily driver. @P.A.M., as always, thanks for your inspiration (and photo essay) I’ve just completed adding a SS disk (I can use a screwdriver!) and it is amazing how it is evening out the flow through the stem.

Mike, seeing those Black and Tans is giving me the itch again. I may be needing a XMAS present for myself soon.

cheers all!

ghost7ateoh

Here is my experience with Vapwood so far in case anyone was considering purchasing from them.

I purchased a Timber Elite during the 20% off sale on 06/06/2020 and after my order I sent 2 emails and texted the number on mt Paypal invoice as Vapwood was not responding to my emails. They were pretty basic emails, only asking if I could change my wood selection and a question about mouthpieces.

After being ignored on 3 separate contact attempts, I decided I wanted to cancel the order as I'm from Canada and was concerned with any future warranty issues as they couldn't even respond to basic emails. The only way I got a response was from filing a Paypal dispute which is still ongoing. I asked him to please cancel my order on July 7th and 8th and he ignored me again. I have had to escalate this dispute and still waiting for it to be resolved and the next step will be a charge back via my credit card company. This has been the absolute worst experience I have ever had purchasing something and the owner should be embarrassed he runs a business like this.

So here we are August 1st, almost 2 months after purchasing the Timber and absolutely 0 communication or indication on what is happening. I would think carefully before doing business with Vapwood!

ghost7ateoh

Here is my experience with Vapwood so far in case anyone was considering purchasing from them.

I purchased a Timber Elite during the 20% off sale on 06/06/2020 and after my order I sent 2 emails and texted the number on mt Paypal invoice as Vapwood was not responding to my emails. They were pretty basic emails, only asking if I could change my wood selection and a question about mouthpieces.

After being ignored on 3 separate contact attempts, I decided I wanted to cancel the order as I'm from Canada and was concerned with any future warranty issues as they couldn't even respond to basic emails. The only way I got a response was from filing a Paypal dispute which is still ongoing. I asked him to please cancel my order on July 7th and 8th and he ignored me again. I have had to escalate this dispute and still waiting for it to be resolved and the next step will be a charge back via my credit card company. This has been the absolute worst experience I have ever had purchasing something and the owner should be embarrassed he runs a business like this.

So here we are August 1st, almost 2 months after purchasing the Timber and absolutely 0 communication or indication on what is happening. I would think carefully before doing business with Vapwood!
This has now been resolved and order has been cancelled and refunded.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I want to thank my loyal customers for continued support, and possibly give back a bit. Summer is just about over, and it is time for a BACK TO SCHOOL sale. I've restocked my supplies and I'm getting ready for full fall production.

coupon code: BACKTOSCHOOL save 25% sitewide! / limited time sale

>> Shop Vapwood

Bravesst,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Here's a peek at the current batch. You can see the emphasis on blended stock. I have Cherry / Walnut (Black n Tan) as well as Maple / Walnut (Waple) Timbers in the works. There is also a couple of really cool Cherry units, and a couple of Walnut Lil' Buds.

20200827-055726.jpg

Bravesst,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I've reintroduced the $50 down payment for Timber. If you can plop down $50 for expenses, I can hand craft your Timber for next month / batch (October). If you're interested, go to: >> Vapwood

Bravesst,

kenske

Last post was removed. Reposting to comply with forum rules.

I am posting to share my experience regarding my purchase with Vapwood for a lil bud. When i finally received my unit, was not satisfied with the workmanship( scratches, button not flush, ugly joints etc...) Mind you, i only got this as a 2nd unit for its expected quality workmanship( like the 1st unit i got 2nd hand, see post #2845 for the feedback I left). I contacted Mike IMMEDIATELY upon opening the package. I sent him a email with photos detailing the issues I have with the unit and requested a replacement. After sending him another 1 or 2 emails, he replied and apologizes for the qa of the unit. He told me to keep the LB with the issues and he will send me a replacement in a week or 2. After about a month , i reached out to him and no reply. I opened a case with pp and they just ruled in his favor. Thats fine. I do not expect to be made whole on this transaction. This unit is paperweight to me, it has no purpose or value in my collection. The purpose of this post is to share my experience here and ppl can decide if they want to support this maker and his business practices. Stay safe and stay high!

** I cant figure out how to upload screenshots of the emails. I am having trouble posting it here. I uploaded the images to imgbb. I can forward these emails/images to anyone that is interested.

yogurtsauce

Anyone know if it’s possible to get an even vape? I love the idea of my lil bud elite but the unevenness makes me want to not use it at all :cuss:. I don’t think it’s user error because it is regulated..

yogurtsauce,
Reactions: Easywider

Vaporware

I don’t have one, but knowing other convection heaters here are a few things to check/try.

1. If you can see the coil, does it look like a fairly even spiral? If it’s not it will be harder to get even heating.

2. A slow draw should heat more evenly. Adjust temps along with draw speed if this negatively affects the amount/quality of vapor.

3. Adding an extra screen above the heater may help.

4. Make sure the settings are good and everything you can clean is clean (screens especially).

5. If nothing else gets it to where you want it, stirring should help, it’s just annoying and can be messy.

I hope something there helps. If not, reading back through the thread may turn up something, and maybe the iHeat/Heat Island threads might help since they’re the source of these heaters.

Good luck!

@kenske Sorry to hear another story like this...I hope it gets resolved, and I’m pretty sure @Bravesst intended to make things right, but I’ve been feeling for a while now that something’s changed for the worse over there and it worries me.

I hope things get back on track for him and all of you so I’ll feel comfortable including these in lists of quality convection portables again. Good luck on both sides, I hope things get worked out to everyone’s satisfaction. :peace:

sturdycactus

Just to add in my own experience:

I ordered a Timber back in April. Of course the lockdowns happened so I expected a delay. Fast forward to June/July, I kept getting told “next month” or “should be next week”.

I haven’t gotten an email response since the end of July. Since my order is over 180 days old, PayPal won’t help me and this is before the $50 down deal. That was $341 upfront with nothing to show.

Instead, I cut my losses and picked up the Arizer ArGo and couldn’t be happier.

yogurtsauce

Just to add in my own experience:

I ordered a Timber back in April. Of course the lockdowns happened so I expected a delay. Fast forward to June/July, I kept getting told “next month” or “should be next week”.

I haven’t gotten an email response since the end of July. Since my order is over 180 days old, PayPal won’t help me and this is before the $50 down deal. That was $341 upfront with nothing to show.

Instead, I cut my losses and picked up the Arizer ArGo and couldn’t be happier.
Dispute with bank or card

kenske

Ouch. That hurts man. lots $ loss, time wasted all you get is aggravation, and on top of that the "middlemen" paypal, who collected their share in fraudulent transactions do not care to help. Really sorry to hear of your experience.

I am thinking in the future, it is better to pay via cc instead of bank acct/debit even processing thru Paypal? This way we can file for fraud / chargeback thru our credit card company. In my experience, they are more willing to help than Paypal. Since, you never received the item you paid for.... I don't understand why this cant be handled as a fraud case by paypal or the bank. Can this be reported to the FTC?

kenske,

sturdycactus

Ouch. That hurts man. lots $ loss, time wasted all you get is aggravation, and on top of that the "middlemen" paypal, who collected their share in fraudulent transactions do not care to help. Really sorry to hear of your experience.

I am thinking in the future, it is better to pay via cc instead of bank acct/debit even processing thru Paypal? This way we can file for fraud / chargeback thru our credit card company. In my experience, they are more willing to help than Paypal. Since, you never received the item you paid for.... I don't understand why this cant be handled as a fraud case by paypal or the bank. Can this be reported to the FTC?

I’ll certainly look into it, I’m just not sure at this point if it’s even worth the time or headache.

And I would’ve thought my bank would help if PayPal wouldn’t, but alas here we are. Could always be worse though

sturdycactus,
Reactions: kenske

pudgewack

I am bummed to hear about those who have ordered but never received their vapes. Over the past few years, I collected all three of Mike's vapes. All three are beautiful and work very well. They are 3 of my favorite vapes.

I accidentally broke my Timber Elite when trying to modify it. This was 100% my fault and not an issue with the build quality. It took a few emails before I got a reply, but Mike was pretty cool about the repair once I heard back from him.

I hope everything is ok with Mike and also hope he can make right on the previous orders.

pudgewack,
Reactions: Vaporware
Top Bottom